Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,141 members, 7,887,305 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:20 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (515679 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bakorede(m): 6:01am On Jul 26, 2012
fflowers: @ shavel,
This kind of thing happened to me. Mine is even worse because I had compounding problems. I had already written a letter stating that I made a mistake ΐϞ my brother's DOB (I filled june, instead of jjuly, guess that's y they asked 4 his originbal birth cert). Αη∂ included ΐϞ the letter was a list of things I was attaching. I included ΐϞ the letter,thati was attachiing a copy of my scanned receipt αη∂ sent it to my friend ΐϞ Lag to submiit for me. But when I was meant to submit to beat the deadline, it wasn't confirmed yet in my schoool account. So VAC aadvised that I photocopied that medicals letter αη∂ use it to submit my receipt wheenever it is ready.
Meanyl, I had no wire transcation receipt included, because my brother didn't want to send it via email.
The nxt mon I submitted it αη∂ by wed CDHC called me (asking why my receeipt wasn't ΐϞ the parcel I sent them) αη∂ I told them what happeened αη∂ that i have finally submitted it on mon. The VO told me, she awaits my receipt then. On friday, my status changed, even CDHC sent me an email. Becausee I kept on sending them mails, asking if the receipt has gotten to them αη∂ attaching the copy of the receipt via email.

So don't worry, but disturb ur schoool, get the receipt αη∂ submit it to cdhc via vac, once you get it. All the best! Hope u've got a copy of dat med letter? If not head to VAC with it (once u get it) αη∂ also tell them ur applicatioon number. Also I think you shoould email them, telling them what happened.
This kind of thing happened to me. Mine is even worse because I had compounding problems. I had already written a letter stating that I made a mistake ΐϞ my brother's DOB (I filled june, instead of jjuly, guess that's y they asked 4 his originbal birth cert). Αη∂ included ΐϞ the letter was a list of things I was attaching. I included ΐϞ the letter,thati was attachiing a copy of my scanned receipt αη∂ sent it to my friend ΐϞ Lag to submiit for me. But when I was meant to submit to beat the deadline, it wasn't confirmed yet in my schoool account. So VAC aadvised that I photocopied that medicals letter αη∂ use it to submit my receipt wheenever it is ready.
Meanyl, I had no wire transcation receipt included, because my brother didn't want to send it via email.
The nxt mon I submitted it αη∂ by wed CDHC called me (asking why my receeipt wasn't ΐϞ the parcel I sent them) αη∂ I told them what happeened αη∂ that i have finally submitted it on mon. The VO told me, she awaits my receipt then. On friday, my status changed, even CDHC sent me an email. Becausee I kept on sending them mails, asking if the receipt has gotten to them αη∂ attaching the copy of the receipt via email.

So don't worry, but disturb ur schoool, get the receipt αη∂ submit it to cdhc via vac, once you get it. All the best! Hope u've got a copy of dat med letter? If not head to VAC with it (once u get it) αη∂ also tell them ur applicatioon number. Also I think you shoould email them, telling them what happened.

is there no response 2d question i ask u?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by johhnnie(m): 8:21am On Jul 26, 2012
pls, can someone furnish me with VAC addresses in Nigeria.

Does one have to visit their office or one c an send documents via courier?

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 10:47am On Jul 26, 2012
winwin123: @ALL: my status changed yesterday and I have been refused.

Thank God I finally have a clear picture of what to do next.

For those of us refused, we are able to say to ourselves, 'I have lived through this...I can take the next thing that comes along.

Will update you later.

@winwin123, It is well. I am happy we even tried. That's the first step towards success. The struggle continues. See you all when we get there!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 11:41am On Jul 26, 2012
ferdiii:

Thanks dear. So someone can actually avoid VAC (VFS? So if am to submit via courier (which Courier?) in Abuja, the package goes straight to Canadian Embassy Lagos? Am I right? And thereafter I deal directly with them, CDHC?

UPS. You will make payment at gtb for pick up service and then call vfs.

Check vfs Canada/ Nigeria website to get the process flow.

Problem is you will need to include Police report if you are going on a course with more than 6 months duration and need to get the report from Alagbon close in Lagos!

I think it still goes through vfs as it will be returned if required documentation is not complete and I hear they can return it for somewhat silly reasons. That's why vfs opened VAC's to help applicants check for errors and submit once and for all.

However, your package is sent back to you by courier after processing at CDHC. So you do not have to deal directly with vfs. Think you will still track on vfs website to see your application status. You may avoid going to a VAC or having direct contact with vfs but you cannot bypass them completely. It is on their website that you get the ups pick up procedure and have to call them to send ups rep to you.

This is my laymans opinion which is subject to further and better observations by fellow forumites.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 26, 2012
galala123:

UPS. You will make payment at gtb for pick up service and then call vfs.

Check vfs Canada/ Nigeria website to get the process flow.

Problem is you will need to include Police report if you are going on a course with more than 6 months duration and need to get the report from Alagbon close in Lagos!

I think it still goes through vfs as it will be returned if required documentation is not complete and I hear they can return it for somewhat silly reasons. That's why vfs opened VAC's to help applicants check for errors and submit once and for all.

However, your package is sent back to you by courier after processing at CDHC. So you do not have to deal directly with vfs. Think you will still track on vfs website to see your application status. You may avoid going to a VAC or having direct contact with vfs but you cannot bypass them completely. It is on their website that you get the ups pick up procedure and have to call them to send ups rep to you.

This is my laymans opinion which is subject to further and better observations by fellow forumites.

Thanks so much. What is up with ur PR pursuit? I think,that will suit you to the ground.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rubenic(m): 12:16pm On Jul 26, 2012
@all can my sponsor us National ID card in place of international passport?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 12:19pm On Jul 26, 2012
ferdiii:

Thanks so much. What is up with ur PR pursuit. I think,that will suit you to the ground.

my friend, I am still inclined towards the student route oh. I think it's better than starving myself to gather 180k and then collect loan of 620k which I will be paying interest on for 5 years at a disadvantaged interest rate (see how banks were fined in USA for charging discriminatory rates towards African Americans Recently). Once they draw the agreement you don't have much say since you are not shell or Mobil unlimited with financial muscle and consultants to negotiate fees and rates downwards. And if you don't meet up payment as and when due....OYO!

With 1/6th of the cash, I'm good to hit the road and can use subsequently earned money to cater for myself along the road.

As you are counting your 5 years on that route people will be succeeding after 3 years of residency.

Besides, not too keen on moving there completely with my family (my wife especially is not too keen or interested but I keep arguing we should have a plan B for our kids especially as these things get more difficult with time so lets not wait till they are of college age) or permanently as I earn more money here but for insecurity.

What do you think?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 12:19pm On Jul 26, 2012
x
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rubenic(m): 12:33pm On Jul 26, 2012
@justwise can my sponsor us National ID card in place of international passport?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 26, 2012
galala123:

my friend, I am still inclined towards the student route oh. I think it's better than starving myself to gather 180k and then collect loan of 620k which I will be paying interest on for 5 years at a disadvantaged interest rate (see how banks were fined in USA for charging discriminatory rates towards African Americans Recently). Once they draw the agreement you don't have much say since you are not shell or Mobil unlimited with financial muscle and consultants to negotiate fees and rates downwards. And if you don't meet up payment as and when due....OYO!

With 1/6th of the cash, I'm good to hit the road and can use subsequently earned money to cater for myself along the road.

As you are counting your 5 years on that route people will be succeeding after 3 years of residency.

Besides, not too keen on moving there completely with my family (my wife especially is not too keen or interested but I keep arguing we should have a plan B for our kids especially as these things get more difficult with time so lets not wait till they are of college age) or permanently as I earn more money here but for insecurity.

What do you think?

You make sense but I was thinking you have too much cash. Am up against US Embassy next week for B1---anything can happen from there if YES. FBI dey here!?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 12:43pm On Jul 26, 2012
ferdiii:

You make sense but I was thinking you have too much cash. Am up against US Embassy next week for B1---anything can happen from there if YES. FBI dey here!?

I never said I had cash! VO fit dey this forum sef!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 12:56pm On Jul 26, 2012
ferdiii:

I never said I had a stock pile of cash! The cash in my account at that time sef was used to balance a company for some equipment I just imported. The equipment was worth over $100k and I put the contract inside my application package with evidence of payment of significant deposit in Dubai (next time I will reduce documents) My plan is that since I had paid for tuition if they request for statement again, I would have just paid for my accommodation! So if no money for account again and I have paid all tuition, residence and board fees what else? I know I can take care of me whether VO agree or not! VO fit dey this forum sef!
The equipment just arrived Nigeria after more than 6 months delay and almost developing hypertension. The equipment was shipped from the company's manufacturing plant in India and they kept telling me lies and I kept threatening them I was coming but my dilemma was that my passport was with CDHC and I did not want the Indians to know as they will just relax knowing I cannot come! that's another reason why I felt I was not ready for the program in canada as I still need to get raw materials from overseas and had become confused coz I would have lost over #2m I paid to the school if I got visa but failed to turn up. So when they bounced me, I said "Thank God" though I am happy for the learning experience to benefit from in future when I try again. It may never be convenient but will keep trying. Something must give in.

I think I have talked too much on this forum. some people just pull you out of your comfort zone. Maybe deliberately.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 1:21pm On Jul 26, 2012
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 1:21pm On Jul 26, 2012
ferdiii:

Good luck bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by sucrecruz: 1:35pm On Jul 26, 2012
ancient1: Guys,
My status changed on monday to Your application reference number ........... is now ready for collection.Please visit the centre where you submitted your application with your Receipt and Identification Proof between 08:00am and 03:30 pm (Local Time) all working days to collect the same which has been processed on 23/07/2012 .

I already knew what that meant since I hadn't done medicals, got to vfs yesterday and got d refusal with 2 reasons...

1. You have not satisfied me that u have adequate funds available to u to pay for yur tuition and living expenses while in Canada and return to your country of residence.

2. You have not satisfied me that u will leave Canada by d end of d period authorised for yur stay.

Funny cus my tuition is 30,000$ and I've paid $10,000 as instructed by d school and even submitted d payment advice direct from my mums account to d school with her personal statement with 10million in it. Plus I have done a masters course in d uk in 07-08 and was sponsored by my mum and she declared that she indeed sponsored me and is gladly sponsoring me again.

I am to go in for an MBA at vancouver island uni bc.Anyway here are d docs I submitted.

My first degree certificate from unilorin. Sociology.
Transcripts for that.

My msc certificate from the uk.operations & business mgt
Transcripts for that.

Membership certificate of chartered mgt institute uk
Prince 2 project mgt professional certificate
Nigerian institute of mgt. Membership certificate.

Toefl result: I scored 101 out of a possible 120.

Sponsors docs.
My mums PERSONAL statement of account with 10million.

company reg docs

C of O of my fathers property at VI with valuation worth 500 million.

Tenancy agreement of d property with rent to d tune of 12million pa.

My fathers death certificate.

Study plan.

My own employment letter
Payslips for 6 months
Account statement for 6 months.
Letter of intro from my office.
Not d best of jobs but I have a job, and I earn 84k monthly as a csr with glo. Although as a subcontrated staff from dier sister company gml.I only submitted my company docs to show i have a job and I'm getting paid monthly. I receive regular allowances from d proceeds of the rent as well.but there was no money in my acct at d time I submitted.

I used my mums personal act and not company act because that's where the payment of rent for popsis property goes into and did not see any need for including company statement again since that's not where d funds for my studies is to be taken from, I only included her company docs to show she has her job and does not rely solely on d proceeds of the rent. Anyway d vo did not think property worth 500m in my late fathers name bringing in 12million yearly is not enough reason for me to come back home , that's interesting.........they must be handing out gold on d streets of canada. Lol. Plus my mum has just 1 other dependant my younger sister who is in uni in ghana and my other siblings are my two elder brothers who are all married and settled in naija.I stated all dis in Mumsi sponsor letter and on d application forms.

Luckily d school has January start as well so ill be reapplying in sept.because it seems applying very early can also be a problem as I have learnt. I applied march 23 at vfs it got to cdhc march 26. My decision was made july 23. Exactly 4 months.

I learnt about this forum only after I had applied, I would have definately done some things differently if I had known about this.

hello Ancient 1 I think the tuition is too expensive for the statement which is almost 50% of the money in your mums account and you didnt add welfare to it this is how the VO questioned your documents 1. you are not the only child of your mum, 2. if almost 50% of the cash in the statement is spent on tuition how will the other members of the family and you survive. Take note that landed properties are only a tie for u to return back to naija. so my friend the logic in application is look for a cheaper school that will accommodate the statement of account to enable easy grant
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kennyGGG(f): 1:48pm On Jul 26, 2012
Thanks to everyone on this forum: Your contributions are awesome. After careful study of the thread, I decide to ask my questions as i will be submitting my application next week.
Questions1. Is is too early to submit July ending against January start date?
Questions2. The application for study permit form IMM1294, the place where it says cost of my studies will be? The amount expected is it for One session or the entire length of the program? I other words if am going for a 2yrs program am I suppose to state the fee for 1yr or the entire 2yrs

Question3. Is it compulsory I submit an English proficiency document?

Thanks to all you all great people of the house. Please I need answers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by sucrecruz: 1:49pm On Jul 26, 2012
winwin123: @ALL: my status changed yesterday and I have been refused.

Thank God I finally have a clear picture of what to do next.

For those of us refused, we are able to say to ourselves, 'I have lived through this...I can take the next thing that comes along.

Will update you later.

Broda its a step forward to getting your visa I believe u know what the problem is with ur application as regards to that account issue we delibrated on repackage again they will give u ur trv
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 2:31pm On Jul 26, 2012
@winwin123,
I really feel sad hearing abt ur refusal. But all d same,let's keep our faith in God. He has the best reasons of doing something and wants the best for us. As Sucre_Cruz has told you,repackage your appliction after correcting where d prob. comes 4rm then re-fire. VO's got not alternative than to grant u d TRV.
@Sucre cruz,
Don't worry brov.we are coming! (God willing)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by johnsonerhis: 6:08pm On Jul 26, 2012
I need help fellow forumites, Pls am submitin an applicatn 4 canadian study visa nxt wk, can someone who has secured one assist me pls. My email is erhigason@yahoo.com, or give me advice. Though d forms seem simple but from what pple are saying its kind of more dan just d form
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Zone2Zone: 7:49pm On Jul 26, 2012
Am new on this trend, I just got my Admission letter for Winter 2013, Please can somone put me through all the necessary steps. Am going for undergraduate in Engineering at MUN.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by winwin123: 8:32pm On Jul 26, 2012
@Mofy4911, galala123,Sucre Cruz,newacca: I so much appreciate your concerns.
I will state the reason i was refused when I finally receive the package
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mikky4all(m): 10:45pm On Jul 26, 2012
Its getting though, waiting since may 28/05/2012. No medical call, no change in status. Am getting scared oooo. Anyone going to carleton university
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by amby147: 11:10pm On Jul 26, 2012
@ shavel, VAC sent me a mail my passport is ready for collection,is that the TRV has been issued or something? Pls reply asap..thnks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:16am On Jul 27, 2012
amby147: @ shavel, VAC sent me a mail my passport is ready for collection,is that the TRV has been issued or something? Pls reply asap..thnks
have u been called for medicals earlier? and if yes that may be ur trv.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 7:12am On Jul 27, 2012
@amby147
sir if u have done medicals,is likely u are called for ur Trv if not it cud b something else.bro wen did u submit?go in peace and feed us back.who is ur sponsor?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by J20: 9:37am On Jul 27, 2012
Zone 2 Zone: Am new on this trend, I just got my Admission letter for Winter 2013, Please can somone put me through all the necessary steps. Am going for undergraduate in Engineering at MUN.

I am also going for undergraduate course in MUN - Winter 2013.
I suggest you go through this thread and the part one as well; you will get all the help you need. Also go through the CIC website and get the information on required documents. If you have questions after that you can ask the big bros here.
I am submitting on Monday and I got all the info from this thread and from the CIC website. Quite easy if you can make out time to read the posts; it took me almost one week to go through them. Good luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Zone2Zone: 11:17am On Jul 27, 2012
J20:

I am also going for undergraduate studies in MUN, got my letter for Winter 2013. I plan to submit next week.

@ J20 please can we relate on what and what you will be submitting at the embassy. This is my contact. Please, do send your phone number to my mail so that I can call you. oyeloluw@isu.edu

I`ll be waiting for your response broda.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2012
Dear all,
Just left VAC few mins ago. I scored 2 points on d reason for denial.
1. You have not satisfied me that u have adequate funds available to u to pay for yur tuition and living expenses while in Canada and return to your country of residence.

2. You have not satisfied me that u will leave Canada by d end of d period authorised for yur stay.

Then on other reasons, handwritten, insuficient funds.

I submitted the following
All d embasy forms, student copy of transcripts and all original of certificates.
A closing balance of N3.7 mil

A copy of my cv
6 months payslip
Introductory letter from my coy with annual sal of N2m
Employment letter
Rsa account of N345k closing bal
Stock of abt 500k
Two landed properties - one has power of attorney while d other just has receipt and allocation paper (bought at N350k as at 2009. The other dt has survey plan and power of attorney was bought N500k as at 2009 but worth N1.5M now.

Note
Am single - do they want me to arrange marriage for them? Lol
My tuition fee is 6k cad and total fee with living expense is 19k per year.

Opportunities nt yet utilized-
I have a younger sis who is a medical doc and d hus works wit an oil coy ( I think mobil or its subsidiary), they own their own house in PH, I also hv a cousin in switz dt does heavy business in Naija( though he is very sly) I also have an aunt in US ( a nurse and loaded)
Am thinking of using any of them as additional or mainsponsor (plz advise)
For ties ( am thinking of getting my mum, sis etc) write an affidavit of support.
I will be due for study leave by Nov but I intend to submit before Nov, latest Sept.d prob is dt d coy study leave is for 1 year, but sumone there said I can get 18 months wit exceptional approval meanwhile my course is min of 2 yrs. In the acceptance letter, they stated dt d program is normally completed in 3 to 4 yrs.
Ill also submit d promotion letter frm N2m to N2.7 M and get another letter frm my office before resubmission if there is any english word like dt.
I've made succes in building acnt again, my guy gave me N1m so its now N3.6, ill also get more funds frm friends by next week.
Is there anything like joint sponsor, my instincts tell me to raise my acnt bal to N4m and use my sis as joint sponsor. Please read thru and advise. Oge adirizi.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kennyGGG(f): 1:28pm On Jul 27, 2012
mercylicious: Dear all,
Just left VAC few mins ago. I scored 2 points on d reason for denial.

Then on other reasons, handwritten, insuficient funds.

I submitted the following
All d embasy forms, student copy of transcripts and all original of certificates.
A closing balance of N3.7 mil

A copy of my cv
6 months payslip
Introductory letter from my coy with annual sal of N2m
Employment letter
Rsa account of N345k closing bal
Stock of abt 500k
Two landed properties - one has power of attorney while d other just has receipt and allocation paper (bought at N350k as at 2009. The other dt has survey plan and power of attorney was bought N500k as at 2009 but worth N1.5M now.

Note
Am single - do they want me to arrange marriage for them? Lol
My tuition fee is 6k cad and total fee with living expense is 19k per year.

Opportunities nt yet utilized-
I have a younger sis who is a medical doc and d hus works wit an oil coy ( I think mobil or its subsidiary), they own their own house in PH, I also hv a cousin in switz dt does heavy business in Naija( though he is very sly) I also have an aunt in US ( a nurse and loaded)
Am thinking of using any of them as additional or mainsponsor (plz advise)
For ties ( am thinking of getting my mum, sis etc) write an affidavit of support.
I will be due for study leave by Nov but I intend to submit before Nov, latest Sept.d prob is dt d coy study leave is for 1 year, but sumone there said I can get 18 months wit exceptional approval meanwhile my course is min of 2 yrs. In the acceptance letter, they stated dt d program is normally completed in 3 to 4 yrs.
Ill also submit d promotion letter frm N2m to N2.7 M and get another letter frm my office before resubmission if there is any english word like dt.
I've made succes in building acnt again, my guy gave me N1m so its now N3.6, ill also get more funds frm friends by next week.
Is there anything like joint sponsor, my instincts tell me to raise my acnt bal to N4m and use my sis as joint sponsor. Please read thru and advise. Oge adirizi.

What more do this people want. You mean with all this someone can still be refused? I guess they simply exhausted their quota for the month and then look for excuses. I hope I am wrong sha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by donnet(m): 1:32pm On Jul 27, 2012
shavel: @all just returned my passport to vac today, cdhc asked me to submit full tuition receipt with my passport but the school didn't send my receipt since payment have been made . In order to meet the cdhc specified deadline which is tomorrow I decided to submit the wire transfer transaction reference which shows the school's Acct number and all of other details........pls I would like members of the house to comment on this in order to know my fate...... Peace out

Yes you ª̳͡Rε̲̣̣̣ on †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ right track, I did †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ same thing, but later my receipt was sent and I submitted it. Try to wright †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ school, through their E-mail id tell them that you have paid your tuition fee stating all your infor, 1. Student number 2. Course of study 3. Your full name 4. And how urgently you need †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ receipt.NOTE: use †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ register email id
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by canadianboy(m): 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2012
mikky4all: Its getting though, waiting since may 28/05/2012. No medical call, no change in status. Am getting scared oooo. Anyone going to carleton university
I submitted mine in May 14 and got to CDHC in May 15 and have not heard anything yet too; in fact, as for my case, i am applying for the second time after i was refused visa last year as a result of insufficient funds. It's really not easy i must confess!

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.