Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,834 members, 7,872,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:26 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (514065 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by liteville: 10:54pm On Jul 30, 2012
Hello Everyone.I have been a passive observer of this thread and I cannot but commend the good work and success we are building in this house.I got my medical instruction today. I submitted 25th of May and my Uncle (US based) is my sponsor. The problem here now is I am requested to submit my NYSC Certificate to the embassy along with my medicals on or before 25th of August.I have not completed my NYSC as I would be passing out October(Batch C) and my school is resuming September 4.I'm in the wild on this and I need suggestions on how to proceed with this.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 10:57pm On Jul 30, 2012
liteville: Hello Everyone.I have been a passive observer of this thread and I cannot but commend the good work and success we are building in this house.I got my medical instruction today. I submitted 25th of May and my Uncle (US based) is my sponsor. The problem here now is I am requested to submit my NYSC Certificate to the embassy along with my medicals on or before 25th of August.I have not completed my NYSC as I would be passing out October(Batch C) and my school is resuming September 4.I'm in the wild on this and I need suggestions on how to proceed with this.

At any point in time, did you tell the CDHC that you have completed your NYSC?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by slamdunk99(m): 11:07pm On Jul 30, 2012
Sir P!:
@slamdunk99 how far with your ticket? Have you purchased anyone?
mehn its been a tedious process, like I said I have a very impt program 4 25 aug. Tried emirates, etihad, turkish, qatar, to no avail, only business classvbvn . Later got an emirates but willl miss about 1.5 wks of lectures,......a friend in US helped me book air canada toronto to vancouver............ thanks for ur concern.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by liteville: 11:35pm On Jul 30, 2012
Fhemmmy:

At any point in time, did you tell the CDHC that you have completed your NYSC?
Thank you for your concern Mr Fhemmy. I have not at any point in time imply or state that I have completed the NYSC to CDHC. The law firm I work for actually wrote an attestation on my behalf to state that I joined the employment as an NYSC Counsel and I have their permission to leave the office from September 2012 to October 2013 when I would complete my Masters program. What are your thoughts,please?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kennyGGG(f): 12:09am On Jul 31, 2012
liteville:
Thank you for your concern Mr Fhemmy. I have not at any point in time imply or state that I have completed the NYSC to CDHC. The law firm I work for actually wrote an attestation on my behalf to state that I joined the employment as an NYSC Counsel and I have their permission to leave the office from September 2012 to October 2013 when I would complete my Masters program. What are your thoughts,please?

Na wa o! Wetin person no go see for this forum. Well my advise will be that you get a reference letter from the NYSC directorate that your NYSC certificate won't be available until much later. You may not need to do any explaining
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 12:22am On Jul 31, 2012
liteville:

Then the NYSC should be able to give you a letter to that effect and i am sure that should be good enuf . . . They are aware of most of the situation in Nigeria as well . . . Good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 12:22am On Jul 31, 2012
kennyGGG:

Na wa o! Wetin person no go see for this forum. Well my advise will be that you get a reference letter from the NYSC directorate that your NYSC certificate won't be available until much later. You may not need to do any explaining

Very well said . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by liteville: 1:05am On Jul 31, 2012
kennyGGG:

Thank you for your advise.But what should the letter address?Will it suffice to just state that the Certificate for my Batch has not been prepared by the Directorate and as such yet unissued?Or go further to state that I have been granted terminal leave till the end of my service year?Or further to state that this To Whom It May Concern should be accorded the same weight and regard as a certificate.These are my thoughts. I want to be careful of what to include and not to include in the said letter.And which file of officer may issue this letter we are talking about.Thank you for your time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kennyGGG(f): 1:34am On Jul 31, 2012
liteville:
Thank you for your advise.But what should the letter address?Will it suffice to just state that the Certificate for my Batch has not been prepared by the Directorate and as such yet unissued?Or go further to state that I have been granted terminal leave till the end of my service year?Or further to state that this To Whom It May Concern should be accorded the same weight and regard as a certificate.These are my thoughts. I want to be careful of what to include and not to include in the said letter.And which file of officer may issue this letter we are talking about.Thank you for your time.

I think the first option is better, it should be a to whom it may concern and that certificates for your batch aren't. By the with a medical reference which you already have your are certain of your TRV unless of course God forbid if you fail medical.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kennyGGG(f): 1:43am On Jul 31, 2012
Sir P!:
30th is cool bearing in mind its not the day u submit at VAC it gets to cdhc

Submitting 30th will be just 4months to my resumption isn't that too close going by peoples complains of waiting forever. I may have to do it mid August but in this case my Fixed deposit would have only stayed a few days in my salary acct. What do you think Sir P?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by 50pips: 9:23am On Jul 31, 2012
house pls, i want to know if it is possible to get a study permit without payment of tuition fee? very urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 9:35am On Jul 31, 2012
@kennyGGG considering the fixed deposit issue, I think its better you wait till end of Aug, unless you can explain where the money is from well
I think its better to submit with 4months to go with flawless docs than to hurriedly submit with loopholes.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 31, 2012
@ all,
So happy d forum is still bubbling wit activities.
@ Fhemmy, plz put more light on using FD as proof of funds.
@ all,
Please ensure u check d school's website regularly. Found out dt most schools in Canada has increased their fees effective September. I think it was part of my mistake. I got d acceptance letter and fees schedule by May( wit 3 start dates). Checked yesterday and found out dt d tuition and student visa charge has so increased dt the closing bal I submitted won't be enough for one year wit living expense, talk more of fee for flight.

I compared Canny, Aussie and Us. Canada is still a better option cos of d fees.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by moty4all: 11:27am On Jul 31, 2012
Just check vac website and der it is.. Your application is ready for Collection.

You all know what dat means anyhow will let you guyz know.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 31, 2012
moty4all: Just check vac website and der it is.. Your application is ready for Collection.

go in peace and bring the news.ALL IZ WELL
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by donnet(m): 1:38pm On Jul 31, 2012
Sir P!:
90perc is quite high, I think this year the general trend was people sponsored by parents get the medical call quickly compared with people sponsored by relatives. Probably less checks are done on people sponsored by parents..I submitted June.
Thanks for the info, we'll all get there.
Cheers

@ sir p, am back, I think I have to agree with you. Those sponsor by their parents get medical call quickly. I will prove it. 1. Am a living witness, my dad is my sponsor, duo am using an agent who advice me in †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ initial stage that †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ consulate treats those people sponsor by their parents quickly, so I decided to use my dad. 2. I applied 11 of may and got medical call by 11 of july. †ђε̲̣̣̣̥y also instructed me to pay my one year tuition fee, which I did. Two days after †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ payment my receipt was to me from †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ school which I added to †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ passport and submitted to †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ embassy, before †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ dead line instructed by †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ embassy which was third of August.

Duo I have a silly question, after all these medicals and tuition fee, how long can I wait to †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ visa. And what ª̳͡Rε̲̣̣̣ my chances (am I close in getting it)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 1:42pm On Jul 31, 2012
@donnet I think after medical the only thing that can stand in your way is if you fail the medicaltests (God Forbid) So dont worry yourself.

btw were you able to get your application reference number?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jasmine007: 1:50pm On Jul 31, 2012
moty4all: Just check vac website and der it is.. Your application is ready for Collection.

Just checked mine and its also ready for collection lol... submitted 20th of April. @Least i have my passport back.. will fill Y'all inn asap..Cheers'''
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by donnet(m): 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2012
Sir P!:
@donnet I think after medical the only thing that can stand in your way is if you fail the medicaltests (God Forbid) So dont worry yourself.

btw were you able to get your application reference number?

@sir p. Yea I forgot to mention that. I track it two days after my medicals and just last week friday it shows that my medicals have been receive by †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ medical officer. Which was stated medical *seen*. I submitted †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ my passport and tuition receipt just last week friday. Am thanking GOD for taking me this far. I pray for everyone also waiting to hear from them. Let keep praying and hoping.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 1:58pm On Jul 31, 2012
@donnet We'll all get there IJN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 2:00pm On Jul 31, 2012
mercylicious:
@ Fhemmy, plz put more light on using FD as proof of funds.

My brain is too busy to figure out what is FD . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 2:31pm On Jul 31, 2012
Fhemmmy:

My brain is too busy to figure out what is FD . . .

Fixed deposit wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 2:34pm On Jul 31, 2012
Sir P!:

Fixed deposit wink

Thanks . . A fixed deposit is your money and only means you are smart investor, however, how would you show them that you would be able to fund subsequent years in school, or would the money in the account be enuf to fund all the years and be aiight?
The fixed deposit is who's, the applications or the sponsor?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 2:53pm On Jul 31, 2012
@ebugirl, wer u bn all this while, i got a pdf of my acceptance letter today, while the hard copy is yet to be sent to me.
@all, I got a pdf document of my acceptance letter today but i want to ask if its possible for one to proceed with submission of documents to the embassy or wait for the hard copy before proceeding?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 3:02pm On Jul 31, 2012
@ All in the spirit of some good news in the house. i just got an email message from the embassy that my Permanent Residence Visa is ready for pick up. Please help me thank Baba God oh for it has not been an easy road. I use my success as a point of contact to everyone in the house that are waiting for medicals and trv collection and also those applying again that this will mark the beginning of Good news for everyone. AMEN !!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 3:06pm On Jul 31, 2012
@pauloman Congrats man, post your exp on the "testimonies" thread
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 3:07pm On Jul 31, 2012
@pauloman, congrats brother,but av u been in canada before now,cos i heard u can only apply for PR visa only after about living for about 5years or 3years of working over there,reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by donnet(m): 3:09pm On Jul 31, 2012
Sir P!:
@donnet We'll all get there IJN

AMEN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by donnet(m): 3:14pm On Jul 31, 2012
pauloman: @ All in the spirit of some good news in the house. i just got an email message from the embassy that my Permanent Residence Visa is ready for pick up. Please help me thank Baba God oh for it has not been an easy road. I use my success as a point of contact to everyone in the house that are waiting for medicals and trv collection and also those applying again that this will mark the beginning of Good news for everyone. AMEN !!!

Congrate. We thank GOD for †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ good news. AMEN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 3:15pm On Jul 31, 2012
pauloman: @ All in the spirit of some good news in the house. i just got an email message from the embassy that my Permanent Residence Visa is ready for pick up. Please help me thank Baba God oh for it has not been an easy road. I use my success as a point of contact to everyone in the house that are waiting for medicals and trv collection and also those applying again that this will mark the beginning of Good news for everyone. AMEN !!!

Congratulations, See you in Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 3:23pm On Jul 31, 2012

@ Pauloman, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 3:25pm On Jul 31, 2012
@All thanks !

@ Sir P, Please what is the link to the testimony thread ? For it is indeed a testimony !

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.