Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,118 members, 7,890,712 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:48 PM

Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC (22693 Views)

Kwakwanso’s Insult On Yoruba Elders Will Not Go Unanswered: femi Fani-kayode / 38 People Dead: Boko Haram On The Run, Chadian Forces In Pursuit / Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by dapsyd1(m): 1:07pm On Jun 24, 2012
Lets wait and see, for those of u that think yoruba can't wedge war, remember sagamu saga, mile 12 yoruba-hausa crisis 1999 etc.
Its high time we separate paul from barnabas
Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by PeterKbaba: 1:09pm On Jun 24, 2012
Igboelerin: The Yoruba nation is strongly ready for an onslaught against every terror. Lako l'a wa bi ibon, won a gba! Let them evacuate every hausa/fulani person from the south west b4 attempting it, else HEADS WILL ROLL!
Aabo oro l'aa so f'omoluabi....A word is enough for the wise.

We are not just omoluabi but omo ti noah bi... now u know were we came from
Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by Nimakor: 1:16pm On Jun 24, 2012
shymex:

Pops was there, I've pictures to prove it... Pops is a braveheart, and he's still military minded!!!

Where did your folks surrender? And didn't almost the entire igbo land fall to the Nigerian army??
it's pathetic. Pple dat knw notin abt war are here running there mouth. And i appriciate d fact dat u called it' Nigerian Army'. Son, i wnt wish war to anybody, not even my enemy cos ur life will hardly remain d same. Although i knw dis is jst u shouting.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 24, 2012
Seunn11: igbos are the greatest casualties among the southerners affected by boko haram so far. Yet, they prefer to stay in the north or move to south west. The reason could be attributed to the fact that their native land, i.e south east of Nigeria is:

1. Over-crowded
2. Infested with diseases,
3. Having no or very little economic opportunities,
4. Socially backward
5. Having rampant cases of kidnapping
6. Higher rate of armed robbery than anywhere else in Africa
7. tradittionaly known for cannibalism. The darker ones among the igbos prefer not to go back to states like Imo, Abia, and Ebonyi as they would be barbequed.
8. Land-locked.

It is therefore more reasonable for them to claim other people's land.

Thumbs up brother. On point.
Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 24, 2012
dapsy d: Lets wait and see, for those of u that think yoruba can't wedge war, remember sagamu saga, mile 12 yoruba-hausa crisis 1999 etc.
To add, Idi-Araba.
Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 24, 2012
I pray it doesn't get to that level but if it does, then all non-Yorubas should be ready to vacate the southwest region in an exodus fashion. I just pity non-indigenous people with landed properties in the SW region, they might have to forfeit them to omo oniles.
Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by Sacarstic: 1:35pm On Jun 24, 2012
It`s quite painful that the system have been so politicized for selfish gains by our unscrupulous leaders,i hope that someday we will have the courage to sit either peacefully or violently to determine how we want to remain in this country but i am very much aware and strongly believe that our problems is not in our diverse tribes(Yoruba,Igbo,Hausa,Ikwerre,or Tiv) but in the greed that lies in us.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by Wilsoncaleb(m): 1:43pm On Jun 24, 2012
I thank God we all know how this so called boko haram guys came up to existence.Our government used those boys during election malpractice and later drop them without any payment and without collecting their ammunitions from them.I I was told that PDP was behind the existence of boko haram sect.so for them to do what they do best in yoruba land or elsewhere,who are we going to fight ? is it housas,yorubas or igbos? .
Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by Chinom(m): 1:47pm On Jun 24, 2012
Empty boast. Yorubas no get the liver. Dey no fit do nating. Boko haramites are being offered N7000 to carry bombs. How many Yorubas will match that. Besides, there are Yoruba muslims in Boko Haram. Those ones will kill you guys first before the roughnecks in Borno and Kano reach Lagos. Loud mouthed cowards. We, the Igbos are the only ones that can stop Boko Haram from entering Lagos because we have to protect our investments. For Yorubas in Ibadan, Osun etc, you're on your own. Lagosians should thank their god that Igbos are there in Large quantity.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by Bastiger(m): 1:48pm On Jun 24, 2012
Seunn11: igbos are
the greatest casualties among the southerners affected by boko haram so
far. Yet, they prefer to stay in the north or move to south west. The
reason could be attributed to the fact that their native land, i.e south
east of Nigeria is:

1. Over-crowded
4. Socially backward
7. tradittionaly known for cannibalism. The darker ones among the igbos
prefer not to go back to states like Imo, Abia, and Ebonyi as they
would be barbequed.
8. Land-locked.

Amidst all the reasons you gave,many of your kith and kin actually reside in the south east and are very comfortable despite the fact that the area is"disease infested and cannibalism is being practised there".i am left with no conclusion that:
(1) you are as ignorant as they come.
(2) you need help;and fast because you sound delusional.
(3) your bigotry is so glaring in your write up.
(4) it's people with hearts and mindsets like you that have stagnated this country for so many years,people who do not appreciate or see anything good in their fellow humans
(5) i bet you are also ignorant of the fact that quite a good number of your kith and kin reside in the north and have refused to go home hoping things will get better,does it mean the south west is overpopulated or disease infested? In conclusion let me leave you with what Abraham Lincoln said and i quote"it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt".

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by PeterKbaba: 1:51pm On Jun 24, 2012
Chinom: Empty boast. Yorubas no get the liver. Dey no fit do nating. Boko haramites are being offered N7000 to carry bombs. How many Yorubas will match that. Besides, there are Yoruba muslims in Boko Haram. Those ones will kill you guys first before the roughnecks in Borno and Kano reach Lagos. Loud mouthed cowards. We, the Igbos are the only ones that can stop Boko Haram from entering Lagos because we have to protect our investments. For Yorubas in Ibadan, Osun etc, you're on your own. Lagosians should thank their god that Igbos are there in Large quantity.

You are funny... all non Yoruba's ( Illegal Aliens ) would be wiped out of the SW, including YOU.
Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by PeterKbaba: 1:52pm On Jun 24, 2012
Seunn11: igbos are
the greatest casualties among the southerners affected by boko haram so
far. Yet, they prefer to stay in the north or move to south west. The
reason could be attributed to the fact that their native land, i.e south
east of Nigeria is:

1. Over-crowded
4. Socially backward
7. tradittionaly known for cannibalism. The darker ones among the igbos
prefer not to go back to states like Imo, Abia, and Ebonyi as they
would be barbequed.
8. Land-locked.

Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by Frostyzone(m): 1:53pm On Jun 24, 2012
A Kenyan Friend of mine is right now laughing his butt off, reading all this demeaning tribalist tirade going on in this thread.
SHAME ON Y'ALL.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by zuchyblink(m): 1:56pm On Jun 24, 2012
T9ksy: You ibos should be careful with your wishful thinking o ‘cause if BH should ever strike

in yorubaland then all hell will certainly break loose.

Not only will we set upon all northerners in our region but as we all are well aware of the inherent antipathy

you ibos harbour for us and therefore always praying for our downfall, anyone who cannot pronounce “Toro” grin is a goner too.

It will be a great opportunity for us to decimate this imaginary high population figures of ibos in our region. grin
noise maker
Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by abdurrazaq(m): 1:58pm On Jun 24, 2012
Gone are the days you read constructive comments to topics posted here on nairaland. These days, it‘s different news/stories, same line of arguements/comments. Tribalism and tribalists sucks.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by joeyfire(m): 1:59pm On Jun 24, 2012
Bless you

Tisa: From the posts here you know that nigeria is never a country, it has never been n never will be a nation. Look @ these young guys turning a serious statement like this to avenue to disrespect each others tribe. Its so pathetic. In stead of us all to be united against BH and their sponsors we are here dis respecting ourselves.

I can categorically say that most of the people that post on NL abusing others are kids, probably under 18years and I know someone will prove me right by responding to this post with abuses. Probably seun shd create another site where matured people can exchange view regardless of tribe.

War is a terrible thing, don't ever pray for it. I am a yoruba man but while in d university in d 90's I deemed it fit to ask my ibo elders about the civil war, wht they told me I can never wish on my enemy. Guys drop ur differences and tribal views n let's unite against the people killing our innocent brodas n sisters.

God bless u all.
Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by manugbo(m): 2:01pm On Jun 24, 2012
OPC cannot face BOKOHARAM AT ALL.
Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by zuchyblink(m): 2:01pm On Jun 24, 2012
PeterKbaba:

I know you wish for that in your dreams... think about it b4 going to bed and maybe u might get lucky to dream about it... epuasun
that is the bitter truth
Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 24, 2012
Questions for Igbo posters:

- When are you going to start taking responsibilities for your own actions?
- Why do you b!tch, moan, and cry everyday like other people need to give a fvck about your struggle?
- Why are most of your men GAY?

Seriously, no ones cares about what you've gone through, and you can NEVER impose your thought process on other people... If you've problems with what happened in the past - go to the graves of principal actors of those involved with your revisionist history, and disturb them there... You can b!tch, moan, and cry on their graves, no one will stop you...

But moaning and crying to me and other Yoruba people on here is becoming annoying, and irritating now.. Please stop, no one cares. undecided
Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by PeterKbaba: 2:09pm On Jun 24, 2012
shymmex: Questions for Igbo posters:

- When are you going to start taking responsibilities for your own actions?
- Why do you b!tch, moan, and cry everyday like other people need to give a fvck about your struggle?
- Why are most of your men GAY?

Seriously, no ones cares about what you've gone through, and you can NEVER impose your thought process on other people... If you've problems with what happened in the past - go to the graves of principal actors of those involved with your revisionist history, and disturb them there... You can b!tch, moan, and cry on their graves, no one will stop you...

But moaning and crying to me and other Yoruba people on here is becoming annoying, and irritating now.. Please stop, no one cares. undecided

100% TRUE, EXACT, CORRECT
Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by Chinom(m): 2:12pm On Jun 24, 2012
abdurrazaq: Gone are the days you read constructive comments to topics posted here on nairaland. These days, it‘s different news/stories, same line of arguements/comments. Tribalism and tribalists sucks.

Most of the comments about the Yorubas are just FACTS, nothing to do with tribalism. Any Yoruba man or woman that would accept N7000 to become a suicide bomber here should stand up. Not all truths are tribal based. Those BH boys are nuts. To make matters worse, some of them live among you in Yoruba land. BH ideaology is religious not ETHNIC. The fear of Igbos and Hausas in Lagos is what will stop them from venturing into Lagos.
Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by Mrchippychappy(m): 2:13pm On Jun 24, 2012
dapsy d: [size=15pt]Lets wait and see, for those of u that think yoruba can't wedge war[/size], remember sagamu saga, mile 12 yoruba-hausa crisis 1999 etc.

[size=15pt]LOL don't even talk about the shagamu incident because we all know the Hausas were winning before the intervention of Lagos state Government [/size]
Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by daminho(m): 2:14pm On Jun 24, 2012
After reading tru dis thread..I concluded on one thing..just one thing..we should seperate...cos if learned pple ar talkin dis way...then we don't av a future 2geda as one nation...back to my Alomo...
Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by Biggyd2: 2:16pm On Jun 24, 2012
Get over yourselves already! This e-war is giving me a headache. Pheeewww!!! We all have a common problem and people are busy swimming in an ocean of hate. I hope that this war ends here for crying out loud. I can't just imagine if this hate is shown to the next person to you in your compound, office, church. Mosque etc because he/she is not the same tribe as you. What a shame!
Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by coded042(m): 2:24pm On Jun 24, 2012
@seun11, I just checked your profile and saw that you either or still schooling in kogi state University therefore no need to really argue with you, your mates in better schools wont post such, u just showed that you have an empty and backward mind. I'm simply sorry for your pitful Life because you need to really expose your low-life which i presume started from okene. NONSENCE PERSON

Seunn11: igbos are the greatest casualties among the southerners affected by boko haram so far. Yet, they prefer to stay in the north or move to south west. The reason could be attributed to the fact that their native land, i.e south east of Nigeria is:

1. Over-crowded
4. Socially backward
7. tradittionaly known for cannibalism. The darker ones among the igbos prefer not to go back to states like Imo, Abia, and Ebonyi as they would be barbequed.
8. Land-locked.

Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by Mrchippychappy(m): 2:34pm On Jun 24, 2012
[size=15pt]@All these funny "E-warriors" on this thread
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by mangbede: 2:36pm On Jun 24, 2012
grin
yungt: As long as South-West is concern(Yorubas'),they cn make mouth nd shout bt nt witstandin..they ar alwyz ignorant in tyms of war or do dey av any history pointin @ war which dey(Yorubas) wer among.
grin
yungt: As long as South-West is concern(Yorubas'),they cn make mouth nd shout bt nt witstandin..they ar alwyz ignorant in tyms of war or do dey av any history pointin @ war which dey(Yorubas) wer among.
Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by manny4life(m): 2:45pm On Jun 24, 2012
Hmm, what a thread.

I've come to a conclusion that Nigeria WILL NEVER move forward particularly when there are serious ethnic differences. We Igbos feel we've been betrayed by the Yorubas who can't be trusted, meanwhile Yorubas think Igbos are the problem, we've come to claim what's not ours, and have their own issues with us. In addition to the fighting, the Hausas think they have their born to rule mentality, they're superior to other groups, hence they feel they can subject everybody to their demand.

Can't we all drop sentiments to the side and fight the common enemy? My brothers, if bombs starts going off in Lagos, having noticed the fact MOST IGBOS and their trade is in Lagos, how do you think you will fair socially, economically and financially in a destabilized area? If bombs goes off in major markets, who do you think it affects? Who are the major casualties?

My point is, everyone should drop this and focus on the main enemy. A serious attack on Lagos that eventually leads to ethnic clash is likely to grind a good portion of Nigeria's economy to a halt- domestically or internationally. After common enemy is destroyed, then yall can go back to your status quo

That's my own two cents

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by basisop(m): 2:51pm On Jun 24, 2012
Fear wan kill OPC grin. Toothless bulldog. No, Toothless ekuke.
Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by donigspain(m): 2:57pm On Jun 24, 2012
Seriously, I've been having a good laugh since I clicked on this thread especially over the crazy/funny pictures used as evidence.

ADVICE:
If one must enjoy nairaland, then;
1. one must not take to heart tribal e-matters discussed here.
2. one must see the next poster/contributor as crazy (driving rule).
3. one must understand that most posters here are immature in mind (not age-related).

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by mallorca(m): 3:00pm On Jun 24, 2012

1. Over-crowded
4. Socially backward
8. Land-locked.

meaninless
Re: Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC by bendazum: 3:07pm On Jun 24, 2012
warlei: Bokoharam would neva get so foolish to come to the west.

What efforts have you made to avoid, manage or contain it should it happen? Right now anything and everything is possible. STOP BLABBING AND BE VIGILANTE AND WATCHFUL!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fashola Lists 44 Highways, 63 Roads To Be Constructed In 3-Year Plan / President Buhari Arrives Jos, Plateau State For A 2-Day Visit (Photos) / Aisha Buhari And Dolapo Osinbajo Honour Wives Of Outgoing And Incoming Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.