Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,646 members, 7,951,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:01 PM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (992532 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Smartdoy(m): 8:00pm On Nov 01, 2013
Impulse80:
Link2sd is what you are looking for
just downloaded the link2sd and it is telling me it could not obtain root access, if you have root access, make sure you respond allow or grant to the superuser request... what do I do 4rm here
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 01, 2013
Fulaman198:

Oh absolutely, I'm not saying he does not have it, there were people (mainly Google employees) who had the device before it was released.

I am not too fond of Samsung because Touchwiz can be very unresponsive at times and laggy. I prefer LG's UI (even though I do own a Nexus 10 and a Galaxy S original). I am not the kind of person that sticks to one brand because it is name brand, I buy devices based on specs. Right now, the South Koreans are definitely #1 Smartphone makers. Chinese phones are still improving and are getting better. Meizu has some great Chinese devices and are partially response for the MIUI rom.

I think being flexible is a good thing. Benchmarks are also another reason why I buy a phone and hardware. Currently in my opinion, the best Android phone is actually the Sony Xperia Z1 (same processor as the Nexus 5 but with a 20.7 megapixel Sony Camera). I don't think anything rivals it. But it is out of my price range.
SONY XPERIA z1?? will look dis phone up, not really a fan of sony when it comes to mobile... my very reason for liking samsung is cox of the interface, build quality... and wnam lite roms....

is just like this guys understnd me befor making phones.. they leave nothing out..

i too would have gone for d nexus 5, regarding tht its quite affordable but hated when they left out an sd card option... .

when it comes to mobile U.I's.. i just like d samsung and iphone interface...

my opinion sha..

for the chinese.. those guys are really trying, phones like zoppo, jiayhu, gionee, huwei p6..

those guys are trying..

2 Likes

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Fulaman198(m): 8:33pm On Nov 01, 2013
deejay_harry1: SONY XPERIA z1?? will look dis phone up, not really a fan of sony when it comes to mobile... my very reason for liking samsung is cox of the interface, build quality... and wnam lite roms....

is just like this guys understnd me befor making phones.. they leave nothing out..

i too would have gone for d nexus 5, regarding tht its quite affordable but hated when they left out an sd card option... .

when it comes to mobile U.I's.. i just like d samsung and iphone interface...

my opinion sha..

for the chinese.. those guys are really trying, phones like zoppo, jiayhu, gionee, huwei p6..

those guys are trying..

Yes, the two things i hate lack of microSD card expansion slot, and lack of removable battery (no phone is perfect though). The Sony Xperia Z1 is premium and has expandable storage, but it is like twice the price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XviwfATSQ7s
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
deejay_harry1: if he says his got it, his got it... everyone is entitled to an opinion sha..

dont see d big deal in d nexus 5....

The only place that he must have preordered is play store and 16gb is out of stock. Even if he did pre-order, shipping starts Nov 8, that's 7 days from now.
Review sites don't even have a hands on.

The only way marginally possible is if he works at Google HQ
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Fulaman198(m): 8:52pm On Nov 01, 2013
joeydozzy:

The only place that he must have preordered is play store and 16gb is out of stock. Even if he did pre-order, shipping starts Nov 8, that's 7 days from now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tspqdCIxBa8
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 01, 2013
Fulaman198:

Yes, the two things i hate lack of microSD card expansion slot, and lack of removable battery (no phone is perfect though). The Sony Xperia Z1 is premium and has expandable storage, but it is like twice the price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XviwfATSQ7s
thtz a nice device ryt there..

but som how dunno, i would pick a note 3 over dis device.

mayb i ve been jinxed tho....
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 01, 2013
joeydozzy:

oh.. i see....
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Fulaman198(m): 8:56pm On Nov 01, 2013
deejay_harry1: thtz a nice device ryt there..

It is because you are still Samsung Biast grin. I used to be that way until I opened up my horizons. We just have to be more flexible. I used to be Samsung only (thus the reason I have a Galaxy S original and Nexus 10). The smartphone market is so competitive now, everyone is putting out great products. That is the beauty of competition.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 01, 2013
Fulaman198:

It is because you are still Samsung Biast grin. I used to be that way until I opened up my horizons. We just have to be more flexible. I used to be Samsung only (thus the reason I have a Galaxy S original and Nexus 10). The smartphone market is so competitive now, everyone is putting out great products. That is the beauty of competition.
grin grin

flesh and bone, didnt reveal this to you...

thnx mahn...

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Impulse80(m): 9:04pm On Nov 01, 2013
deejay_harry1: thtz a nice device ryt there..

I'll pick the LG g2 men that phone got me drooling!
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 01, 2013
Impulse80: I'll pick the LG g2 men that phone got me drooling!
the phone is really really super bro..

for some reason i would still pick a note 3 over it... lol

#SAMSUNG ADDICT... dunno...i need help

grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Impulse80(m): 9:14pm On Nov 01, 2013
Smartdoy: just downloaded the link2sd and it is telling me it could not obtain root access, if you have root access, make sure you respond allow or grant to the superuser request... what do I do 4rm here
Sorry I've been busy.
Don't tell me your phone is not rooted If it's not then your homework and assignment now na to find how to root am! Link2sd needs root permissions to work i don't really think there's an app that doesn't need Root permission to move apps to the SD card but lookup apps2sd and see. Remember DO NOT MOVE YOUR CORE SYSTEM FILES TO YOUR MEMORY CARD!!!
OYA MAKE GOOGLE YOUR PADI O grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Fulaman198(m): 9:15pm On Nov 01, 2013
Impulse80: I'll pick the LG g2 men that phone got me drooling!

I don't like how the volume keys are in an awkward position on the back, that's why I'd rather take the Xperia Z1 over it.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Smartdoy(m): 10:07pm On Nov 01, 2013
Impulse80:
Sorry I've been busy.
Don't tell me your phone is not rooted If it's not then your homework and assignment now na to find how to root am! Link2sd needs root permissions to work i don't really think there's an app that doesn't need Root permission to move apps to the SD card but lookup apps2sd and see. Remember DO NOT MOVE YOUR CORE SYSTEM FILES TO YOUR MEMORY CARD!!!
OYA MAKE GOOGLE YOUR PADI O grin
my chairman I dey feel yhu ... my phone os na 4.0 ice cream sandwish... help me on how to root it abeg and I wanna ask, apart from d warranty stuff, what other effects does rooting a smartphone have or might have
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 01, 2013
Smartdoy: my chairman I dey feel yhu ... my phone os na 4.0 ice cream sandwish... help me on how to root it abeg and I wanna ask, apart from d warranty stuff, what other effects does rooting a smartphone have or might have
google , how to root my phone with framaroot. ..

simplest method of rooting ever.. no pc need , nothing, just ur phone and the framaroot app...

#GOODLUCK...
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ewizard1: 10:22pm On Nov 01, 2013
Immality: Boss Nani..... I no the pattern just that I want to use my own google account incase the block my pattern for me to unlock my phone with it google account....

Just go settings... u'll see accounts... tap on d google account.. u"ll see the persons account. .. Just delete it... Go to Playstore , it should ask u for a new account. enter urs.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Fulaman198(m): 10:22pm On Nov 01, 2013
Android 4.4 Kitkat on Nexus 5:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIzSX1K8ofY&
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ewizard1: 10:25pm On Nov 01, 2013
nani.666:

In this day and age people still play the waiting game ? On Android ?? You better leave this mentality in 2013
Not everyone loves the AOSP Stock Android... I love it but I still prefer Stock Samsung ROM. So I'm waiting too. 4.3 on our S3 this Month
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Smartdoy(m): 10:36pm On Nov 01, 2013
deejay_harry1: google , how to root my phone with framaroot. ..

simplest method of rooting ever.. no pc need , nothing, just ur phone and the framaroot app...

#GOODLUCK...
thanx.. any side effect of rooting??
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 01, 2013
ciphoenix:

I could have sworn one of the file names did look like. sorry bruh. how old is the card?

3 weeks old. I reckon the card is faulty cos I got a "damaged SD card" message this morning. I ran scndsk on the card n its up n running. no files lost but those wierd files are still there.

How much can I get a 16GB or 32GB sd card in PH?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 01, 2013
Smartdoy: thanx.. any side effect of rooting??

You'll loose your warranty

You may brick your phone

..dats all
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 01, 2013
Smartdoy: thanx.. any side effect of rooting??
none wats so ever..

only voids warranty.. thtz all

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Smartdoy(m): 11:34pm On Nov 01, 2013
n.oxide:

You'll loose your warranty

You may brick your phone

..dats all
brick in what sense?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 01, 2013
Smartdoy: brick in what sense?

When you "brick" your phone. . . your phone becomes as good as a brick. . . in other words " you haff spoil your phone"
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by DAvIt0(m): 11:44pm On Nov 01, 2013
Hello guys... get a taste of Android KitKat 4.4 on your phone now

Install new Google Experience Launcher
on your phone now!

You don’t have to wait for the KitKat update to get the
new Google Experience Launcher. Savvy hackers
managed to get hold of APKs needed to make your
existing device sport the fancy new launcher. The three
files needed are:
PreBuiltGmsCore (Google Play Services
4.0)
Velvet (Google Search)
GoogleHome (Google Launcher)

To download them and full info:

http://m.intomobile.com/2013/11/01/install-new-google-experience-launcher-your-phone-now/
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Smartdoy(m): 12:03am On Nov 02, 2013
deejay_harry1: google , how to root my phone with framaroot. ..

#GOODLUCK...
just downloaded framaroot and its telling me "your device seems not vulnerable to exploit included in framaroot" ... what do I do no?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 12:19am On Nov 02, 2013
n.oxide:

3 weeks old. I reckon the card is faulty cos I got a "damaged SD card" message this morning. I ran scndsk on the card n its up n running. no files lost but those wierd files are still there.

How much can I get a 16GB or 32GB sd card in PH?

3k5 for 32gb. 3k if I toast the girls in the shop
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by corinefire(f): 3:18am On Nov 02, 2013
mhozzis: hw much did you get it
i bougnt the pink one, 395$! the black is cheaper,390$! it sells cheaper than ebay.com. what about you think of it? smiley
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 02, 2013
Leopantro:

3k5 for 32gb. 3k if I toast the girls in the shop

Three thousand five hundred!

Thanks cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.