Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,387 members, 7,971,410 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 09:34 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1849455 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (714) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:02am On May 28, 2013
BTW, will N13 billion be sufficient to construct that world-class terminal, according to the render put up by IGBOSON?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 9:15am On May 28, 2013
CFCfan:

I think its more about clan-mentality. MOST Yorubas and Northerners prefer to invest heavily in their native lands or overseas than in other parts of Nigeria. Maybe they think if another civil war breaks out in Nigeria, they will lose all their investments. Just my guess though.

^^^Gbam! The answer lies in 'the civil war', let's not beat about the bush! I could explain further but it's early mor-mor and i don't feel like courting controversy.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 9:19am On May 28, 2013
Do Igbos really go to Ethiopia or does Ethopia have other routes other than Nigeria-Ethiopia. At think the FG has to try to attract airlines that travel to China, South Africa and other places where Igbos frequent a lot.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 9:22am On May 28, 2013
CFCfan: BTW, will N13 billion be sufficient to construct that world-class terminal, according to the render put up by IGBOSON?

^^^Bear in mind that the expanded runway and other safety/aeronautical/weather equipment have already been installed in the 5 billion naira upgrade that was done about 3 years ago, so the 13 billion would be solely for the terminal; also, since China (that provided the loan) is constructing it, i'm guessing there'd be more value for money since they're also constructing 4 other ones.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:27am On May 28, 2013
Afam4eva: Do Igbos really go to Ethiopia or does Ethopia have other routes other than Nigeria-Ethiopia. At think the FG has to try to attract airlines that travel to China, South Africa and other places where Igbos frequent a lot.

I mostly agree with your point. However, Ethiopian Airlines flies to both the UK and the US. Therefore, there will be an Enugu-Addis Ababa-London/New York route.
When the international terminal is completed, maybe other airlines such as Arik, South African Airways or even China Airlines, may touch down in Enugu. Fingers crossed.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ZUBY77(m): 10:36am On May 28, 2013
Afam4eva: Do Igbos really go to Ethiopia or does Ethopia have other routes other than Nigeria-Ethiopia. At think the FG has to try to attract airlines that travel to China, South Africa and other places where Igbos frequent a lot.

I have used ET..ethiopian airline 5 times to China.. Lagos - Adis Ababa - Guanzhuo
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:44pm On May 28, 2013
Sometimes you have to forget you are a big boy, sometimes I duck into a small shack where they roast yam with red palm oil, vegetables and chew yam like no-man-business grin
For a fair price of N150 a plate like this, Shoprite meals can wait!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 28, 2013
spyder880: Sometimes you have to forget you are a big boy, sometimes I duck into a small shack where they roast yam with red palm oil, vegetables and chew yam like no-man-business grin

Yummy! I dey miss ji kpacha tongue
Glad it's still affordable, maybe someone can sell it at the new international terminal.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:15am On May 29, 2013
spyder880: Sometimes you have to forget you are a big boy, sometimes I duck into a small shack where they roast yam with red palm oil, vegetables and chew yam like no-man-business grin

Holy crap, that looks yum!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Spiff20(m): 9:30am On May 29, 2013
D poster of dis thread shud visit Uyo, Calabar, Asaba, offcourse he knws PH is d 3rd cosmopolitan city in nigeria so he shud visit dose cities nd see tinz 4 himself probably close dis thread up. South-south rocks
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ZUBY77(m): 10:31am On May 29, 2013
Spiff20: D poster of dis thread shud visit Uyo, Calabar, Asaba, offcourse he knws PH is d 3rd cosmopolitan city in nigeria so he shud visit dose cities nd see tinz 4 himself probably close dis thread up. South-south rocks

Which Asaba?
Apart from Nnebisi road where i am now, where is Asaba again?
Shut up.

It will take UYO another 90 years to get to the state Enugu is at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 12:18pm On May 29, 2013
_ _
achi4u: _ _
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 1:25pm On May 29, 2013
@spiff20
Why carry ur wahala come this thread,abeg park well joor!

@thread
I wish FG can build something closer to that one posted above by IGBO_SON with good network of road frm Onistha to Enugu then the Asaba airport will surly turn to soccer pitch.lol...na play o!cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 9:41pm On May 29, 2013
achi4u: @spiff20
Why carry ur wahala come this thread,abeg park well joor!

@thread
I wish FG can build something closer to that one posted above by IGBO_SON with good network of road frm Onistha to Enugu then the Asaba airport will surly turn to soccer pitch.lol...na play o!cheesy
The problem with Nigeria and Nigerians is the unfortunate mentality that progress in one part of the country must hinder the progress in another.That is the root cause of the bad belle between the North vs. South and the East vs. West.
Connecticut,(a small American State) is sandwiched between 3 major International airports, two in New York. The Laguardia Intl. airport and JFK, and the Boston International. Yet,Connecticut's Bradly Intl. airport is just as busy as Newark's airport!
The point here being that even if Anambra decides to build an airport this minute, the Enugu Intl. and Asaba Int. shall still have enough space to operate and develop on their own.It is not only Onitsha traders that fly in Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OneNaira6: 10:26pm On May 29, 2013
ZUBY77:

Which Asaba?
Apart from Nnebisi road where i am now, where is Asaba again?
Shut up.

It will take UYO another 90 years to get to the state Enugu is at the moment.

Enugu people, Enugu. eeeh una no go hold this Zuby77 guy ooo. when person start insulting your state back, you people will scream blue murder and play the victim.for awhile this man has been running around NL insulting every Igbo community, turning into chino of Enugu. una turn blind eye. Zuby77 mind yourself, mind yourself. Don't mention Asaba again oo. If you no like am, waka go. waka commot. who invited you to asaba? I try my best not to insult igbo communities so i'm not about to follow your route.

As for the Enugu people on this forum, continue turning a blindeye. ewu dika unu. letting him running around insulting communities. mschewww. No wonder Anambra peeps dey attack una finish

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:00am On May 30, 2013
Enjoying children's day with some little children in Enugu at the polo park mall. The section behind the kids is the lifts/escalators and you can watch good cinema upstairs.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by iykology: 2:23pm On May 31, 2013
Operational cars for police, donated by his excellency for street patrols

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by backtosender: 1:09pm On Jun 02, 2013
Wow enugu is on point
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ugoezeb(m): 2:15pm On Jun 02, 2013
iykology: Operational cars for police, donated by his excellency for street patrols

mehnn...seeing those patrol police cars at major junctions along agbani road at night makes me feel secured when i'm returning 4rm work late in d nite...
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 02, 2013
iykology: Operational cars for police, donated by his excellency for street patrols
Enugu is working! I'm loving the cars, they look so sleek.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 2:38pm On Jun 02, 2013
Seems like this thread slowed down after reaching the hundred page mark, or can we safely say that Chime slowed down since winning his battle against cancer.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 3:02pm On Jun 02, 2013
Zik bridge access rd

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 3:07pm On Jun 02, 2013
liberty estate

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 3:08pm On Jun 02, 2013
enugu -nsukka

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 3:10pm On Jun 02, 2013
enugu-nsukka

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 02, 2013
^^
Very impressive. When international flights arrive in Enugu, the city is gonna explode.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 9:48pm On Jun 02, 2013
What is the State's emergency number?
111 0r 999 or the 7411 number being processed as Nigeria's new emergency number?
In any case, the govt. of Enugu can still use the gsm Police numbers being used presently.

My fear is that many people don't even know that GSM police number to report suspicious activities or even call for a timely Police help during a robbery attack.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:24am On Jun 03, 2013
Enugu! "No road" signs on the road in the bottom of the picture, this road leads to Abakaliki, they are building a small tunnel under this Abakaliki road to divert traffic from New Haven to Abakpa or Thinkers corner to pass beneath the road to Abakaliki.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 1:32am On Jun 03, 2013
CFCfan:
Enugu is working! I'm loving the cars, they look so sleek.

^^^ENUGU FIVE-0 grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwhvByj8YG8
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 1:35am On Jun 03, 2013
Or even CHiPs EHiPs (ENUGU HIGHWAY PATROL) grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vLCj7e9IjI
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 1:39am On Jun 03, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^ENUGU FIVE-0 grin grin grin
IGBO-SON, Bros, you forget to take your medicine today? grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
But,seriously, I take God beg you, no fill space here with junk, unless it is about Enugu.

Oga Spyder880, Great work o, Well done Sir! Thank you for enriching this tread everyday.
Abeg, how far is work progressing at the Centenary city a.k.a Independence Layout phase 2?
I wan buy house in that centenary city o!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:23am On Jun 03, 2013
cjrane:
IGBO-SON, Bros, you forget to take your medicine today? grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
But,seriously, I take God beg you, no fill space here with junk, unless it is about Enugu.

Oga Spyder880, Great work o, Well done Sir! Thank you for enriching this tread everyday.
Abeg, how far is work progressing at the Centenary city a.k.a Independence Layout phase 2?
I wan buy house in that centenary city o!

I will look up the place later in the week.

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (714) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.