Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,961 members, 7,949,278 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 03:32 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1840064 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:37am On Jul 28, 2012
achi4u: Spyder88 u promise to visit Abakaliki sometime ago but...
we dy wait ocheesy

Business has not taken me there for now, abi you wan give me house to build for Abakaliki wink
I will be starting a building in Ebonyi very soon but not Abakaliki.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 2:51am On Jul 28, 2012
Oga afam4eva greetings once again.
It will surely be a great dis-service to Ndiigbo and Ebonyi ppl not to have visited this state for the first time.Ebonyi was created out of Enugu and Abia stated but was been neglected and discriminated by its brothers and sister of other state.
Before i join this NL forum early this year,i do read all the bashing and name calling of this state mostly from igbo sons and daugthers who suppose not to thread that part.
Afam,you hate this state with passion but thank GOD most of you guyz has grow-up with sence of maturity.

Ejim ohere a na ekele ndi Imo,Abia,Enugu,okachasi ndi ANAMBRA na mgbo ha gbara(ka na agbakwa)i hu na ala Abakaliki mepere otu odi ugbu a.
Mazi afam na umuigbo ndi ozo ekele o.

oga spyder,that your Onistha pix is to small,just keep snapping those tall buildings O! and don't look groundgringrin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 2:59am On Jul 28, 2012
spyder880:

Business has not taken me there for now, abi you wan give me house to build for Abakaliki wink
I will be starting a building in Ebonyi very soon but not Abakaliki.
I wish i can give you one business or one contract like! 'O ego ka ikpe mara'
But there is no Ebonyi without Abakaliki.
abeg try show.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Pozzy(m): 2:44pm On Jul 28, 2012
spyder880:

I put all Owerri pictures on the "Rochas midas" thread.

Oga Spyder880.. Can u put up a link for the thread you mention pls, thanks

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 3:14pm On Jul 28, 2012
achi4u: oga spyder,that your Onistha pix is to small,just keep snapping those tall buildings O! and don't look groundgringrin

grin grin grin grin grin
una no go kill me for dis NL grin grin'
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 3:21pm On Jul 28, 2012
ACM10:

grin grin grin grin grin
my guy Onisha sweet for up come danger for ground.
The soil texture baaaad!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by rhymz(m): 5:11pm On Jul 28, 2012
ACM10:

grin grin grin grin grin
I have been laughing my ass out at Achi's comments. It is obvious he is a proud abakaliki guy, and he is right in a way sha, Ebonyi has not been getting any mention in Igbo discussions even Delta and River States that are not wholly Igbo states get better mention than them. It is kind of funny but nobody talks about Ebonyi whether negetive or positive, it is like they don't exist. I seriously would love to see pictures from there too, am curious jor. Umu guys Ebony ele ebe unu nó?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 6:37pm On Jul 28, 2012
rhymz: I have been laughing my ass out at Achi's comments. It is obvious he is a proud abakaliki guy, and he is right in a way sha, Ebonyi has not been getting any mention in Igbo discussions even Delta and River States that are not wholly Igbo states get better mention than them. It is kind of funny but nobody talks about Ebonyi whether negetive or positive, it is like they don't exist. I seriously would love to see pictures from there too, am curious jor. Umu guys Ebony ele ebe unu nó?
my brother,we're busy cultivating rice and yam in order to keep body & soul going.Most of us here refuses to be indentify with our state;maybe because of how things are been run by our old gran papa or because of povertygrin,i just don't know what is our problem.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 7:18pm On Jul 28, 2012
achi4u: my brother,we're busy cultivating rice and yam in order to keep body & soul going.Most of us here refuses to be indentify with our state;maybe because of how things are been run by our old gran papa or because of povertygrin,i just don't know what is our problem.
Ebonyi happens to be one state that's very close to my heart because Enugu and Ebonyi are brothers. I think the problem Ebonyi has is the fact that past(Egwu) and present(Elechi) governments have not done much to sell ebonyi. We rarely get news from there unlike some other states. The prroblem with Ebonyi is a leaderrship problem just like Abia and maybe Anambra.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 7:25pm On Jul 28, 2012
afam4eva:
Ebonyi happens to be one state that's very close to my heart because Enugu and Ebonyi are brothers. I think the problem Ebonyi has is the fact that past(Egwu) and present(Elechi) governments have not done much to sell ebonyi. We rarely get news from there unlike some other states. The prroblem with Ebonyi is a leaderrship problem just like Abia and maybe Anambra.
fixed cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Faun(m): 7:53pm On Jul 28, 2012
is chino just a bitter miserable child who always gets angry when he sees good things happening in states that are not his own? i noticed how the infant minded loser tried to wreck this thread with his foolishness and hate laced comments, and now i see he's hopelessly trying to do the same in the owerri thread. what a sore loser.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 6:45pm On Jul 30, 2012
Polo Park, Enugu

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nkemsplendid: 9:16pm On Jul 30, 2012
800K AND 700K RESPECTIVELY ARE steep prices for those locations you mentioned Sir~
spyder880: One thing I am sure we have in Enugu state is space.

Sometimes I wonder when we are ever going to occupy all those places. I have access to information for those seeking to buy lands either for private use of for industrial development. I have 2000 plots of land measuring 60ft X 100ft available in some parts of Udi LGA. Asking price is N800k each. Same for some parts of Nkanu east, at least 1000 plots for around N700k per plot. These plots are so far from anywhere that they are not farmed, just pure forest lands.

ANYONE THAT NEEDS THEM SHOULD CONTACT ME.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nkemsplendid: 9:32pm On Jul 30, 2012
I'm not sure every town is supposed to have skyscrapers. Enugu's skyline is Enugu's skyline. Without meaning to retard development, I pray the govt doesn't turn our beloved city into a Lagos wannabe. Even in the US, New york and New orleans don't look alike.
afam4eva: I wish the Enugu skyline could be revisited. The goverrnment needs to look for a way to create a new business district and erect some skyscrapers, thereby redifining the skyline.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by macjive01: 11:24pm On Jul 30, 2012
nice one. spyder it is ok, if i copy some of ur pictures ? i am hoping to provide these enugu photos to my friends site

http://www.igbolandforum.com/index.php#c7
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:56am On Jul 31, 2012
macjive01: nice one. spyder it is ok, if i copy some of ur pictures ? i am hoping to provide these enugu photos to my friends site

http://www.igbolandforum.com/index.php#c7

Sure, go ahead.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:57am On Jul 31, 2012
Nkemsplendid: 800K AND 700K RESPECTIVELY ARE steep prices for those locations you mentioned Sir~

Its because the location of the lands in question, we have cheaper ones of 400-500k
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:00am On Jul 31, 2012
Typical village road in Enugu. Note the electrical works going into the bush.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:09am On Jul 31, 2012
We are going to spend some time with Coal Camp residents today. They are experiencing some hardship, courtesy of the development efforts of our dear governor. There are plans to install new water lines in the whole of coal camp Enugu. Please dont mind the dirty surroundings. Enjoy the works.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:12am On Jul 31, 2012
The pipes are supposed to be buried deep in those ditches.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:14am On Jul 31, 2012
more works

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:16am On Jul 31, 2012
lower part of coal camp, showing the front of the motor parts market, we call it tinker market. cheesy

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:17am On Jul 31, 2012
more of camp

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:19am On Jul 31, 2012
This is our own version of Ladipo market or Ngbuka Obosi, you can buy all kinds of vehicle parts fron here, new or old, fake or original, from trucks to cars and motorclcles.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:21am On Jul 31, 2012
The market is dirty, and there are plans to move these people out of town, into another bigger area where they can expand.

In this picture, they are breaking cars in into parts, you can bring your old cars and sell them cheap here and the guys will buy them, loose and sell all the parts right in front of you.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:23am On Jul 31, 2012
Heavy duty Tyre section.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:27am On Jul 31, 2012
They can build or construct any type of metal works here. They construct some motor parts here, building body parts with sheets of metal. Its a very busy area, but very dirty.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:29am On Jul 31, 2012
mechanic section at Broderick street coal camp hundreds of cars line up to be repaired here.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:32am On Jul 31, 2012
always remember, many of the houses here are over 100 years so you can understand the old looks. This settlement was built by the British coal mining companies.

This is upper Kano street.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:34am On Jul 31, 2012
Then I climbed a helicopter to look at the whole of coal camp from the air. grin
Bros, na wash cheesy grin

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:38am On Jul 31, 2012
Enugu is good the way it is. I will not hide away any area, any tourist that wants to come can come, and if the dont like us, we are good on our own. Long live Enugu state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OneNaira6: 6:07am On Jul 31, 2012
I love how this guy always show the slum. I like that

With that being said, Enugu sure has changed. Some areas still look the same but others wow.

I'm both impressed and sadden at the same time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (712) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.