Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,942 members, 7,949,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 11:19 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1840021 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 3:28pm On Aug 10, 2012
My brother, from what i saw about the airport picts, it looks like the are building a 3 storie building there. I can see also the terminal has be expanded and very soon, the airport will welcome aircraft from abroad. Plz if you have a more recent pictures, plz upload it and take more pix from there.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:05pm On Aug 10, 2012
henrychubayo: My brother, from what i saw about the airport picts, it looks like the are building a 3 storie building there. I can see also the terminal has be expanded and very soon, the airport will welcome aircraft from abroad. Plz if you have a more recent pictures, plz upload it and take more pix from there.

grin grin grin Ok, Ok, I will go and snap more pictures early morning tomorrow, just credit my bank account with my bail money, I dont know how much sss collects for bail, and please arrange a strong lawyer for me, I will manage Olisa Agbakoba for this impending arrest cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 3:29pm On Aug 11, 2012
spyder880:

grin grin grin Ok, Ok, I will go and snap more pictures early morning tomorrow, just credit my bank account with my bail money, I dont know how much sss collects for bail, and please arrange a strong lawyer for me, I will manage Olisa Agbakoba for this impending arrest cheesy
Haahaahaahaaa, i wil kill myself wit laugh. Not bad. But i hope d airport will be ready soon. I only wish i could fly diret to Enugu. But thanks 4 d pix, u did a fantastic job there. But from what u saw, guess the completion date.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ckenneths(m): 5:15pm On Aug 11, 2012
henrychubayo:
Haahaahaahaaa, i wil kill myself wit laugh. Not bad. But i hope d airport will be ready soon. I only wish i could fly diret to Enugu. But thanks 4 d pix, u did a fantastic job there. But from what u saw, guess the completion date.

I think it will take up to one year to complete. But I must add that they are fast.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 4:44pm On Aug 12, 2012
centje:
I think d governors of south east and leaders of igbo rnt makin much effort for integration of region,otherwise they shuld hv come up wit well articulated projects targeted for future jst like BRADES in south south,the states in d south east culd create economic,social,political etc ties. This is even much need considerin d amt allocated to us frm federal level. I wnt to see a future where all d igbo states are interconnected in road network,in agriculture and commerce where ebonyi supplies rice for d big market of onitsha and its river port,enugu provides tourism, education,healthcare,imo provides us palm oil and other farm produce,crude oil,tourism,while abia serves as japan of d south east. Dat integrated future is possible if we plan well today. But am nt seein them forth comin. However enugu remains a cosmopolitan city of d south east,hostin every part of igbo and nigerians at large. For instance check workers in unth,owners of major investments in enugu,even am radio station(cosmo fm) was named after d cosmopolitan nature of d state. We are all igbo daz wat matters to me.

That's correct!
I keep imagining what a very smooth 3 lane highway with street lights, going from Onitsha through Enugu, Okigwe, Umuahia, Aba , and PH will do to the economy of the southeast!
Is my dream too farfetched?
Or can the governors collectively achieve this even with little or no FG help.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by billante(m): 8:09pm On Aug 12, 2012
ckenneths:

I think it will take up to one year to complete. But I must add that they are fast.

One year too far! It could be less since they are serious and fast about it.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by macjive01: 8:44pm On Aug 12, 2012
spyderr tot u were going to post some more photos of the airport... waiting thanks. keep up the good work.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:40am On Aug 13, 2012
macjive01: spyderr tot u were going to post some more photos of the airport... waiting thanks. keep up the good work.

I was, only that my sss bail money is not in my account yet. Meanwhile some grasscutter meat for Sunday relaxation.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 10:06am On Aug 13, 2012
spyder880:

I was, only that my sss bail money is not in my account yet. Meanwhile some grasscutter meat for Sunday relaxation.
One day, the grass cutters will finish and you will chop no more since will decided to make me long throat by posting that pix which reminds me of old times in enugu when i use to enjoy bush meat with palm wine. Plz go and take pix of the airport for your guys. We are happy that we have you. Sss will not arrest you and tell them you are friend of Ezeobi. Plz take more pix but be careful. Remember to cover more places and take more pix. Do as if you want to book for flight to lagos. Am waiting
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Emperoh(m): 11:12am On Aug 13, 2012
spyder880:

Nwanne, abeg where u dey buy this grasscutter meat?
I came in briefly last satuday and left sunday morning.

Coming again this weekend so nyem di 414 wink
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by billante(m): 11:20am On Aug 13, 2012
henrychubayo:
One day, the grass cutters will finish and you will chop no more since will decided to make me long throat by posting that pix which reminds me of old times in enugu when i use to enjoy bush meat with palm wine. Plz go and take pix of the airport for your guys. We are happy that we have you. Sss will not arrest you and tell them you are friend of Ezeobi. Plz take more pix but be careful. Remember to cover more places and take more pix. Do as if you want to book for flight to lagos. Am waiting

You don dey send am make e go enter trouble! We e begin shout say they don arrest am, all u will say is he can sort his self out angry

Just like lagos passengers dat will be shouting they want to alight b4 d bus/stop even if d driver will be telling them lastma will impound his car! And when d driver foolishly allow them to come down b4 d bus/stop and lastma appears from nowhere the passengers will just leave d driver with his trouble and say he will sort himself out with evil grin cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:18pm On Aug 13, 2012
Emperoh:

Nwanne, abeg where u dey buy this grasscutter meat?
I came in briefly last satuday and left sunday morning.

Coming again this weekend so nyem di 414 wink

Enter taxi to Nkwoagu Udi and settle under the huge mango tree at mama Onyinye's joint and just choose any type of bush meat you like. cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Willy411: 5:50pm On Aug 13, 2012
afam4eva:
I love my achicha.
Abeg post nsukka pix.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ozonna(m): 6:08pm On Aug 13, 2012
spyder880:

Nwanne, Obi adiro gi nma. Akpilim oooooh
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nkemsplendid: 3:52pm On Aug 14, 2012
eaglechild:

That's correct!
I keep imagining what a very smooth 3 lane highway with street lights, going from Onitsha through Enugu, Okigwe, Umuahia, Aba , and PH will do to the economy of the southeast!

And let the people say AMEN!!Its nice to know someone is sharing my dreams with me, Yours is just the part one of mine. Part two includes a dredged River Niger, allowing large ships to berth in Onitsha and bring in goods from overseas without sending you through the horrors of Apapa wharf and the Lagos-Ore-Benin road. Part three features the SE brimming with a large youthful population, busy and dynamic, holding our Governors accountable for the taxes they are raking in. God-willing, I will yet live to see this, If NITEL could become mtn, glo, airtel, etisalat and PHCN is about to become...... in my life time, I dream on!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 15, 2012
eaglechild:

That's correct!
dear,u remember d igbo adage, 'igwe bu ike' possibilities abound in igbo land. as long as we remain under nigeria, integration and collective effort is our only way of tapping those potentials
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:33am On Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-3eXYNv35U

Seems like the Enugu state gov't and investors are getting serious with this development i mentioned a few weeks ago on this thread.

I'd like to see the gov't market this project aggressively (at home and abroad) as we're presently not hearing much about it; every Igbo/investor that can afford to should support this project by buying into it; it would be good business to aquire a couple of duplexes and flats to rent out as holiday homes to Umuigbo/tourists coming home for holidays.....esp' with the Int'l Airport nearby.

I'd like to buy a plot of land there too.....only if my pocket can cooperate angry smiley.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:01am On Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I96U01XDs2E

Enugu, Imo and Anambra states are the only South East states i have a good feeling about presently.

I think i underestimated this Chime guys vision and desire for rapid development of his state undecided. It's almost as if we have a telepathic connection......esp' with the Lifestyle City project which is exactly what i had in mind shocked.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Dainfamous: 12:18pm On Aug 18, 2012
impressive
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 18, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I96U01XDs2E

Enugu, Imo and Anambra states are the only South East states i have a good feeling about presently.

I think i underestimated this Chime guys vision and desire for rapid development of his state undecided. It's almost as if we have a telepathic connection......esp' with the Lifestyle City project which is exactly what i had in mind shocked.

pls i dnt undertand this lifestyle city project,pls can u explain further?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 3:23pm On Aug 18, 2012
Anyone who can especially those flying thru the airport, plz take good pix of the stage of the international terminal building just like our brother here did and he in fact did a fantastic job in giving us the up dated status of the airport. Thanks all
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 3:24pm On Aug 18, 2012
I got an update from IWA
members who just came back
from Nigeria regarding the
construction going on at the
Akanu Ibiam International
Airport in Enugu. Based on the
update, the taxi way is ready,
the runway which will meet
international standard and can
accommodate 747 airplane is
ready, the tarmac is ready and
the terminal which is under
construction will be ready by
December this year. The upper
level is for departure while the
lower level is for arrival. Ndiigbo
must continue to keep their eyes
on the prize and should be ready
to demand that international
flights must be allowed to use
the airport as soon as it is ready.
The economic multiplier effect of
allowing international flights to
use Akanu Ibiam International
Airport can only be imagined not
to talk about the uplifting
psychological impact on Ndiigbo.
IWA will be in the forefront and
will call on all other Igbo
organizations and individuals to
get ready to petition both the
federal government and the
international carriers to use the
international airport once
completed. Ndiigbo are
mercantile people and also well
traveled people and as a result,
this will be a win win situation
for all involved which includes
the south east, surrounding
zones, the federal government
and the international airlines.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:30pm On Aug 18, 2012
centje: pls i dnt undertand this lifestyle city project,pls can u explain further?

^^^^Basically Centje, it's a project to build from scratch, a well planned and serviced New Enugu adjoining the old city; it's a public/private enterprise that would include a world class golf course and five star Hotel, together with residential zones for the lower, middle and higher income brackets.

If you watch the video attached you'll get a better idea of the project.

henrychubayo: ".....the terminal which is under construction will be ready by December this year...."

^^^^They had better finish the thing by November (they're not building JFK or Heathrow Terminal5 for chrissakes angry), so planning can commence to attract int'l airlines and passengers in readiness for the christmas period.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 7:49pm On Aug 18, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^^Basically Centje, it's a project to build from scratch, a well planned and serviced New Enugu adjoining the old city; it's a public/private enterprise that would include a world class golf course and five star Hotel, together with residential zones for the lower, middle and higher income brackets.

^^^^They had better finish the thing by November (they're not building JFK or Heathrow Terminal5 for chrissakes angry), so planning can commence to attract int'l airlines and passengers in readiness for the christmas period.
I really really buy your idea.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 19, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

ok thanks
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 11:31am On Aug 25, 2012
Where exactly does the govt hope to build the lifestyle city?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by angeltt(m): 12:29pm On Aug 25, 2012
ENUGU IS AVERAGELY OK. IMO IS THE PRIDE OF THE IGBO NATION
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:10pm On Aug 25, 2012
angeltt: ENUGU IS AVERAGELY OK. IMO IS THE PRIDE OF THE IGBO NATION

^^^They're both doing well, though punching well below their weight at the moment.....esp' Imo state. Owerri looks like it's gone to seed at the moment, and i'm yet to see even ONE completed project, or one that has reached an appreciable level of construction; maybe it's just a case of Imo peeps not being interested in providing updates of works going on there; the pics Ejine posted some time ago on the reconstruction of schools.....now updates on how those schools are turning out would be nice.

The respective gov'ts need to know they're being monitored so they can hasten the pace of development in their states, and when we see they're doing well, we should commend their efforts so they can do more and better.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:13pm On Aug 25, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^They're both doing well, though punching well below their weight at the moment.....esp' Imo state. Owerri looks like it's gone to seed at the moment, and i'm yet to see even ONE completed project, or one that has reached an appreciable level of construction; maybe it's just a case of Imo peeps not being interested in providing updates of works going on there; the pics Ejine posted some time ago on the reconstruction of schools.....now updates on how those schools are turning out would be nice.

The respective gov'ts need to know they're being monitored so they can hasten the pace of development in their states, and when we see they're doing well, we should commend their efforts so they can do more and better.

The school projects are well on course, the one at Whederal road Owerri is nearing completion. I would have taken pictures but my camera is on strike in Owerri cheesy cheesy
There are also so many containers offloaded at the school site, I wonder what is inside and waiting to be brought out, books, lab items, tech. tools?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:28pm On Aug 25, 2012
While promoting our lovely city Enugu, it will also be nice to recognize the people that make Enugu tick, "ana enwe obodo enwe" according to Oliver de coque, meaning that Every city is owned by some elites. There are joints in Enugu I will like to showcase.

This boutique is owned by a worthy son and a good friend of mine, he wanted to establish something small but with the highest collection of quality clothing materials, shoes, hand bags and jewellery one can find in Enugu. The shop is at No. 10 Chime avenue, New Haven Enugu. Please go there if you are in love with Italian wears of all types. The quality justifies the price tag. Presenting Milano Collection for you..........enjoy.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:35pm On Aug 25, 2012
Dont fly to Rome, come to Enugu cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:40pm On Aug 25, 2012
we are bringing the world to your doorsteps cheesy
Shoprite, Game, Toscana and now Milano grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (712) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.