Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,334 members, 7,978,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 06:11 PM

Literature/Writing Complaints Thread - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Complaints Thread (44044 Views)

*~Efemena-xy Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (41) (Go Down)

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 11:59am On Jul 20, 2013
jackbauersballs:

How can I derail a Complaints Thread by Lodging a Complaint?

What kind of asinine reasoning is this - Where a Complaint on a Thread for Complaints is described as derailing by a Mod?

What kind of Mod deliberately refuses to address a complaint on a complaint thread?

Clearly Intelligence is not pre-requisite for the Job... undecided

How can you derail it, you can as well start chatting on this thread.

I have answered your questions over and over again. It is pointless doing that again so I will rather allow you go read through.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by ujchief(m): 12:00pm On Jul 20, 2013
How can you say the first ban was a warning? Do you warn people by banning them? The last time I checked, a warning means "mazi, you are derailing a thread, I've hidden the comment, don't do that again else you will get a ban". Now that's a warning. But you banned him out rightly for 2 days.
According to him, he sent a Pm to semid4lyfe who happens to be his fan. Then he got freed and went back to the thread to inform Dygeasy that he will still be available to contribute, but you started saying something about you being the one that banned him, and still unbanned him.

So, who was the other user he insulted? You? So funny. Like I said earlier yesterday, mods use their discretion. Sexkillz once made a comment that made me respect him. He said he doesn't ban people who insult him, but bans them when they insult each other. You don't see him banning people calling him 'albino' and insulting him both at the Romance and politics sections.

Unhide mazi's comment and let's see who he was referring to in his comment. You have him 6 days ban!

Once again, this is a complaint, and is made at the complaint section.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 20, 2013
Mynd_44:
How can you derail it, you can as well start chatting on this thread.

I have answered your questions over and over again. It is pointless doing that again so I will rather allow you go read through.

I asked why my post was hidden, you said it was offensive

I asked which rule I broke, you cannot answer,

I asked who it was offensive to, you cannot answer

I asked you unhide it and prove your point within the frame work of the rules...you refused

You are an incompetent moderator and unfit for the purpose you were appointed for...
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by chistar01(m): 12:05pm On Jul 20, 2013
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 12:08pm On Jul 20, 2013
ujchief: How can you say the first ban was a warning? Do you warn people by banning them? The last time I checked, a warning means "mazi, you are derailing a thread, I've hidden the comment, don't do that again else you will get a ban". Now that's a warning. But you banned him out rightly for 2 days.
According to him, he sent a Pm to semid4lyfe who happens to be his fan. Then he got freed and went back to the thread to inform Dygeasy that he will still be available to contribute, but you started saying something about you being the one that banned him, and still unbanned him.

So, who was the other user he insulted? You? So funny. Like I said earlier yesterday, mods use their discretion. Sexkillz once made a comment that made me respect him. He said he doesn't ban people who insult him, but bans them when they insult each other. You don't see him banning people calling him 'albino' and insulting him both at the Romance and politics sections.

Unhide mazi's comment and let's see who he was referring to in his comment. You have him 6 days ban!

Once again, this is a complaint, and is made at the complaint section.
When did mazi become a member of Nairaland? The one day ban which I lifted was just to tell him to watch it and I expected him to respect that and try to adjust but he chose to attack another user.

And if you respect a mod cos he does not ban those who insult him, how does that concern me? Do I look or sound like him? Why don't you go to the Islam section and insult mac? gringringrin (you won't try it na) I am not here to gain your respect, it is worthless to me so keep it

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:09pm On Jul 20, 2013
Mynd_44:
Now I admit I broke the rules there for a bit. Flow's post might sound harsh but it was his opinion and your reply to him was insultive. I should have issued a ban with it but it was too mild. Flow replied with an insult too and it was hidden.

I should have banned you both but it was pointless since the both of you really just allowed the issue slide.

Now about me un-hiding it, not gonna happen
you should have banned me? Good heavens! Banned me for what?

You didn't hide Flows post! But waited on your target, u knew I would reply so u waited patiently to trap me. If Flow's post was an insult why didn't u hide it first? To avoid problems? Your the oga at the top right? When you see venom being spit on some people you laugh and sit back, wait for the wounded to attack so that you can trample on them?
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 12:11pm On Jul 20, 2013
chistar01: Hmm.. Now this is getting interesting. Since we are all complaining.. Can you please tell me the criterias of a front page thread, because of recent ive been seeing a couple of threads that shouldnt even be on NL talkless of the FP.
Sir, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and because you think a certain thread should not make front page does not mean someone else does not like it. We all have different tastes and we should try to accommodate everyone
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by yemi2plus(m): 12:11pm On Jul 20, 2013
Mynd_44:
Second line of the post you quoted
there is no different between you and the late Sani Abacha.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 12:12pm On Jul 20, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: you should have banned me? Good heavens! Banned me for what?

You didn't hide Flows post! But waited on your target, u knew I would reply so u waited patiently to trap me. If Flow's post was an insult why didn't u hide it first? To avoid problems? Your the oga at the top right? When you see venom being spit on some people you laugh and sit back, wait for the wounded to attack so that you can trample on them?
Flow gave his opinion about clique and you attacked him. Is who is at fault?

Thanks
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 12:14pm On Jul 20, 2013
yemi2plus2:
there is no different between you and the late Sani Abacha.
There is no correlation between this post and this thread. If I hide it would it be unreasonable?

Well I have learnt to ignore you since you yourself admitted that you ask silly questions

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by chistar01(m): 12:14pm On Jul 20, 2013
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 20, 2013
I wonder if it would be possible to start a petition to remove Mynd_44 and replace him with HumbleByGrace

We need someone here who understands the culture of this section, not a wannabe dictator seeking to validate himself online.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by chistar01(m): 12:15pm On Jul 20, 2013
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 20, 2013
chistar01: lol, i pity you, you would just get banned now, you are derailing. Or so i thought. This is your last warning

How is he derailing?

This is a COMPLAINTS thread, and he is complaining about a dictatorial mod, likening him to well known dictator...

How is that derailing for God's Sake? undecided
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by chistar01(m): 12:17pm On Jul 20, 2013
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by yemi2plus(m): 12:19pm On Jul 20, 2013
Mynd_44:
There is no correlation between this post and this thread. If I hide it would it be unreasonable?

Well I have learnt to ignore you since you yourself admitted that you ask silly questions
there is more than correlation between the post and this thread.
You called me 'silly', i asked for an apology and you banned me. Mr mynd, you bad pass Abacha
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 12:19pm On Jul 20, 2013
chistar01: ok, so what are the criterias? Or is it just any topic you deem fit to make FP that you put?
The criteria is that the thread has to be able to generate the interest of a lot of users and guests.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by chistar01(m): 12:20pm On Jul 20, 2013
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by yemi2plus(m): 12:20pm On Jul 20, 2013
jackbauersballs: I wonder if it would be possible to start a petition to remove Mynd_44 and replace him with HumbleByGrace

We need someone here who understands the culture of this section, not a wannabe dictator seeking to validate himself online.
Supported. Any non-nigerian will be good.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 12:21pm On Jul 20, 2013
yemi2plus2:
there is more than correlation between the post and this thread.
You called me 'silly', i asked for an apology and you banned me. Mr mynd, you bad pass Abacha
You called yourself silly and I repeated it to you.

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by chistar01(m): 12:22pm On Jul 20, 2013
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 20, 2013
chistar01: bros calm down na, it was just a joke or dont dey joke with you on saturdays?. I was only mimicking our humble mod. Now lets change the topic before we are considered a member of DAN

Ahh I see...No Vex
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by yemi2plus(m): 12:22pm On Jul 20, 2013
Mynd_44:
The criteria is that the thread has to be able to generate the interest of a lot of users and guests.
even without an endorsement?
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 20, 2013
HumbleByGrace you have been a longtime stalwart of the section, I think at the very least, you should be made Co-Mod
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by yemi2plus(m): 12:24pm On Jul 20, 2013
Mynd_44:
You called yourself silly and I repeated it to you.
kindly quote where i called myself 'silly'.
So i was banned because i asked for an apology.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by ujchief(m): 12:24pm On Jul 20, 2013
Its obvious either you or mazi is not telling the truth. Why not unhide the comment. I've seen the comments on the thread and he was obviously discoursing with you before the ban, so who else was there to be insulted?

Mazi_Omenuko:

Thanks for your concern. I appealed to higher authorities and after reviewing my case, I was freed. The Mod was hired by someone, so that's exactly where to go and seek a redress if you feel aggrieved. That was exactly what I did and within minutes, I'n back on the streets of Literature section cool

This was his first comment; he wasn't referring to you, but you replied. . .

Mynd_44: I unbanned you cos a friend of yours pleaded on your behalf...

Higher authority ko.

Then his next comment was hidding, and that was what you banned him for. How do you claim he was referring to another person while you both were discussing

According to him, he said he told you that you are acting like a demi-god because seun gave you the powers. Prove to us that he is a liar by unhiding his post.

This is a serious complaint, made at the complaint section.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 12:25pm On Jul 20, 2013
yemi2plus2:
even without an endorsement?
What is with you and endorsements? The endorsements is just a way for people to suggest threads they feel should be on the front page. It remains the decision of the mods and admin in the end.

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by chistar01(m): 12:26pm On Jul 20, 2013
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:27pm On Jul 20, 2013
Mynd_44:
Flow gave his opinion about clique and you attacked him. Is who is at fault?

Thanks
oh so you felt it was good for you not to hide his post? Though it was offensive? Where is rule #2 here?

I only told flow that on this section we blend well with each other, our works are of different genres so we always have each others backs because Arts are caterogised into many things.

We don't rant about our works to each other, the love of arts brought us here, that was my point to him. I told him not to boast as if he is the best thing that has ever happened on Nairaland.

Was I insulting him?
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by ujchief(m): 12:27pm On Jul 20, 2013
jackbauersballs: I wonder if it would be possible to start a petition to remove Mynd_44 and replace him with HumbleByGrace

Supported. I know if mazi and foxy wasn't serving a ban, they would support this too. We should be able to vote out a mod which we consider an anti-climax to this board.

Please copy the link to this page and thread and send a Pm to the super mods (semid4lyfe, mukina2) and seun with this link.

Someone can start a thread here, or better still, at the General section to collect more petitions.

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 12:28pm On Jul 20, 2013
ujchief: Its obvious either you or mazi is not telling the truth. Why not unhide the comment. I've seen the comments on the thread and he was obviously discoursing with you before the ban, so who else was there to be insulted?

This was his first comment; he wasn't referring to you, but you replied. . .

Then his next comment was hidding, and that was what you banned him for. How do you claim he was referring to another person while you both were discussing

According to him, he said he told you that you are acting like a demi-god because seun gave you the powers. Prove to us that he is a liar by unhiding his post.

This is a serious complaint, made at the complaint section.
I am not the only person who saw his next post, other users saw it and he knows what he wrote.

Would I show it against the rules just to prove some point, I think I am above that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (41)

The Photographer(complete) / Hidden Desire By Blair / Perception-A romantic story by Dr Ogo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.