Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,571 members, 7,898,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 10:19 AM

Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor (23694 Views)

How Jonathan Appointed Suspected Serial Thief To Head Radio Nig - Premium Times / Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan / Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Kobojunkie: 3:42pm On Jul 12, 2012
FSU:

How is she not qualified? What do you need to have to be a perm sec in a state in Nigeria? What qualifications do our leaders past and present have?

A Permanent secretary is a senior level civil Servant. This woman is

a) not a civil servant . . . she left the service well over 12 years ago and it is not like some club(even clubs require that you start over from point A if you have been away for that long)

b) not senior level.

any more questions?
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by FSU: 3:43pm On Jul 12, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I see . . . . so your grouse with this is that YOU feel there was a hidden part to this that you have no clue of, and instead of investigating that, you would rather conclude that comparing a PHD with international Honors to a woman who has NO QUALIFICATIONS whatsoever given that she has been out of the civil service for the last 12 years, makes more sense?? Really undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Just one issue: if the VC steals university money in Ondo State, can Mimiko prosecute him? How ethical is it appointing your relations to positions specially in corruption-ridden Nigeria where there is no control of anything?
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by FSU: 3:45pm On Jul 12, 2012
Kobojunkie:

a) not a civil servant . . . she left the service well over 12 years ago and it is not like some club(even clubs require that you start over from point A if you have been away for that long)

b) not senior level.

any more questions?

She left the civil service means she cannot come back to the civil service? Based on her degree and experience listed by her own state, is she qualified or not to be a perm sec (Perm sec is just the head of the civil service in a specific ministry)? In one state there could be as many as 20 perm secs depending on the number of ministries. It is not a earth-shattering position.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Kobojunkie: 3:46pm On Jul 12, 2012
FSU: Mrs. Jonathan is now the first Nigerian first Lady to be appointed into a position reserved mainly for senior civil servants.

However, 17 other civil servants were also appointed by the State Governor, Hon. Seriake Dickson as permanent secretaries.

The other appointees are Mr.J.E. Oye, Samson Ayibeboa, Mrs. Antonia Koroye, Ziwari Billie, Buruboyefa John, Mrs Dikuro Ayebameh, Serge Williams, Olu Kuruom, G.I.Izein, Mrs.Philomena Alodie, Dr. Omietimi Kojo, Ese Izonebi, Ohougha Maythias, James Clinton, Mrs. Linnet Tebepah, Moses Teibowei, Dr. A. Sanayi and Vivian Odiwei.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/07/12/why-appointed-mrs-jonathan-permanent-secretary-bayelsa-state-government/

First lady of Bayelsa is a position NOT RECOGNIZED by the Constitution and so is meaningless, even at the state level, talk less of National level. All these wives are simply House-wives with benefits(not legal benefits really).

Even Jonathan Goodluck,while working for Bayelsa, before he was appointed Vice Governor never got Senior status. He was a low level Government worker . . . U.S. Congress made that clear in their speech two days ago . . . lol
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by FSU: 3:47pm On Jul 12, 2012
Dame Jonathan obtained the National Certificate of Education (NCE) in Mathematics/ Biology in 1989 from the Rivers State College of Education and a Bachelor of Education in Biology and Psychology from the University of Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

She worked in Teaching, Banking and as a Sports Administrator in the State Civil-Service. She was First Lady of Bayelsa State

However, 17 other civil servants were also appointed by the State Governor, Hon. Seriake Dickson as permanent secretaries.

This is more than enough to give you a perm sec position in a country where school cert holders have been presidents and governors
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Kobojunkie: 3:48pm On Jul 12, 2012
FSU:

She left the civil service means she cannot come back to the civil service? Based on her degree and experience listed by her own state, is she qualified or not to be a perm sec (Perm sec is just the head of the civil service in a specific ministry)? In one state there could be as many as 20 perm secs depending on the number of ministries. It is not a earth-shattering position.

Question for you . . where did I say she cannot come back to civil service. What has that to do with what I have said so far?

Also, I want details of her work history. Since you seem to want to make her senior level, ignoring the last 12 years. So please show that she at least attained senior level before the last time she left the civil service.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by FSU: 3:49pm On Jul 12, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Question for you . . where did I say she cannot come back to civil service. What has that to do with what I have said so far?

What degree? What experience? Again, how many years did she work? what status did she hold when he left in the late 90's. Notice that no matter which way you try to cut it, she has about 7/8 years to insert all that into. Now, I ask you for the details since you seem to posit that you have em.

Read my last post.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Kobojunkie: 3:51pm On Jul 12, 2012
FSU:

Read my last post.

I am not an eejit that you offer fluff arguments to. I want details. Since you want to ignore her not doing anything at all the last 12 years, a period longer than she even served, What was her work history from 1989 when she supposedly graduated to 1997/8 when Jonathan was appointed as deputy Governor. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 12, 2012
^ Time to post that smiley, FSU's tired and not quite getting the picture.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by skullo2012(m): 4:02pm On Jul 12, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]Hmmmm. this is a chess move tha has meaning. In this era of sudden change of name? SMH 4 Nigeria.
I see goodluck renameing Bayelsa state as Abuja soon.
Authomatically, Bayelsa is gonna take the lead as the capital. Naija, No dulling.......
Na ona elect am o
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by FSU: 4:05pm On Jul 12, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I am not an eejit that you offer fluff arguments to. I want details. Since you want to ignore her not doing anything at all the last 12 years, a period longer than she even served, What was her work history from 1989 when she supposedly graduated to 1997/8 when Jonathan was appointed as deputy Governor. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

How do you mean not doing anything? So you mean staying in the govt house and understudying governance and running all the first lady programs that can now be applied to run a ministry in a small state as Bayelsa is nothing? As far as I remember, Nigerian first ladies (state and federal) have programs that they run. Organizing and managing such programs is experience. You would not know this, I am sure.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by tpia5: 4:10pm On Jul 12, 2012
Understudying governance?

That's a good one.

Is FSU beaf, btw.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 12, 2012
FSU:

How do you mean not doing anything? So you mean staying in the govt house and understudying governance and running all the first lady programs that can now be applied to run a small state as Bayelsa is nothing? As far as I remember, Nigerian first ladies (state and federal) have programs that they run. Organizing and managing such programs is experience. You would not know this, I am sure.

Its always good to know when to tap out; you don't have to wait until your arm has been severed from your shoulders. Remember, you can't hit the mat with your palms if your hand has been broken.

You lost this fight: GIVE UP!!!

By the way, aren't you ashamed that your First Lady is a University Graduate but yet still manages to come across as barely literate? SMH
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by FSU: 4:13pm On Jul 12, 2012
kingoflag:

Its always good to know when to tap out; you don't have to wait until your arm has been severed from your shoulders. Remember, you can't hit the mat with your palms if your hand has been broken.

You lost this fight: GIVE UP!!!

By the way, aren't you ashamed that your First Lady is a University Graduate but yet still manages to come across as barely literate? SMH

She is not different than most Nigerian leaders and citizens: mostly educated illiterates.

Read my post carefully to know where I stand on her appointment. Okay?
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by iluvudaddy(m): 4:27pm On Jul 12, 2012
These people are insane
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by pcicero(m): 4:32pm On Jul 12, 2012
FSU:

How do you mean not doing anything? So you mean staying in the govt house and understudying governance and running all the first lady programs that can now be applied to run a ministry in a small state as Bayelsa is nothing? As far as I remember, Nigerian first ladies (state and federal) have programs that they run. Organizing and managing such programs is experience. You would not know this, I am sure.

Hmmm...impressive! You make it sound like she is a candidate for the UN secretary general's position.

Understudying governance my foot! What in your myopic opinion would she have learnt from her clueless hubby?

Btw, you have earned your pay for the day. I was expecting the 'usual' to spin this but they sent you.

Reno (You-Know-Who) must be very proud of his decision.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Kobojunkie: 4:34pm On Jul 12, 2012
pcicero:

Hmmm...impressive! You make it sound like she is a candidate for the UN secretary general's position.

Understudying governance my foot! What in your myopic opinion would she have learnt from her clueless hubby?

Btw, you have earned your pay for the day. I was expecting the 'usual' to spin this but they sent you.

Reno (You-Know-Who) must be very proud of his decision.

I laugh . . under_studying the president in bed or what? ROFLMAO!!!

aaarrrrrggghhhhhh bad images in my head . . .. . get them out . .. .

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 12, 2012
^ About time. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by peruso: 4:36pm On Jul 12, 2012
jibosqie: shocked The Country has been fed to the DOGS!

you just dey know
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by peruso: 4:54pm On Jul 12, 2012
sycophancy at the HIGHEST LEVEL... MR GOVERNOR KEEP KISSING THEIR ASSES... BUT I BET YOU!!!!! (EVEN WITH MY BLOOD). IF YOU LIKE DONT ONLY KISS IT, BUT LICK IT THEY WILL STILL TURN AGAINST YOU THE JOHNTHAN'S CAN NEVER, I REPEAT CAN NEVER!!!!! BE SATISFIED.

IS THIS WHAT GOVERNANCE HAS BEEN TURNED INTO IN THIS NATION OF OURS... MY FATHER!!!!!!!! DO A QUICK JOB!!!!....AHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

SO THIS IS WAS ONE OF THE MANY SINS OF SYLVA......THE PRESIDENT'S WIFE HAD TO HAVE A POSITION IN THE STATE!!, THIS IS APART FROM THE MONTHLY MONIES SHE MILKS THE STATE ABI? MR DICKSON BY THE DAY YOUR LEVEL OF INTELLIGENCE KEEP COMING TO THE FORE...... THIS COUNTRY INDEED WANT'S TO BE GIVEN TO THE DOGS, BUT GOOD MEN WILL NOT SIT BY AND ALLOW IT HAPPEN!!!! NOT IN MY LIFE TIME;

STUPID PPLE!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by peruso: 4:58pm On Jul 12, 2012
4llerbuntu: the part the always beats me hollow is that this our president is supposed to be educated.

honestly, is this the result of his so-called education? does he not think about the impact of this things?

and WHAT TYPE OF ADVISERS DOES THIS MAN HAVE?

MY DEAR I DON ASK TIRE OOOOO
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by tpia5: 5:50pm On Jul 12, 2012
under_studying the president in bed or what?

gej is governing, she's under him, so yes.

understudying governance.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by sharpman1(m): 7:06pm On Jul 12, 2012
FSU:

Laptop number 25..........did you actually come up with this stuff? Kai......Nigeria is finished.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 12, 2012
sharp man:

Laptop number 25..........did you actually come up with this stuff? Kai......Nigeria is finished.

how do they short list these dunces anyhow?

i mean , with what criteria were they selected?
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Gbawe: 7:24pm On Jul 12, 2012
oyb:

how do they short list these dunces anyhow?

i mean , with what criteria were they selected?

Very simple. Extreme hunger. When you see a very hungry man you don't need to be told his stomach acid has not been active, digesting anything, for a long time .

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Gbawe: 7:29pm On Jul 12, 2012
@topic.

9 pages?

Mr. President says he does not "give a damn" and some of us are still shocked by this development? Some of you better get used to seeing don't-give-a-damn actions from team GEJ otherwise cases of heart attack and high blood pressure will increase greatly from now henceforth.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by wowo2: 7:55pm On Jul 12, 2012
The man is just trying to dig up sources to link their stolen money as coming from should in case he and is wife are forced to declare their assets.
He is not even sharp...
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by HELLACOOP(f): 8:41pm On Jul 12, 2012
I wont be surprised if other states start giving her "appointments" as well. Pathetic sycophants.
Even with her lord and master's "transparency" talk, the both of them accepted this appointment. So how will she be going to her new place of work? With what transportation to shuttle herself between Abuja and Bayelsa? Abi, is she moving permanently to Bayelsa? I beg we no want ghost workers o. With whose money sef-Tax payers?
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Johndoe100(m): 8:44pm On Jul 12, 2012
Kobojunkie:

b) not senior level.

any more questions?

None, what I do have is a correction. The Nigerian Civil Service does not function as you described it. You always pontificate on that you know nothing about. Once you have attained a rank, you keep it. This is a fundamental rule in the service unless by an infraction , you are DEMOTED, that is why Ambassadors (this is a rank in our civil service ALWAYS remain Ambassadors. When you don't know something ask, you fooool.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by pcicero(m): 10:05pm On Jul 12, 2012
Johndoe100:

None, what I do have is a correction. The Nigerian Civil Service does not function as you described it. You always pontificate on that you know nothing about. Once you have attained a rank, you keep it. This is a fundamental rule in the service unless by an infraction , you are DEMOTED, that is why Ambassadors (this is a rank in our civil service ALWAYS remain Ambassadors. When you don't know something ask, you fooool.

Mr Know It All, what did she write that was difficult for you to comprehend? What position did Patience attain before she left the service?
Your post did nothing to contribute to the topic rather it was an attempt to muddle up the issue.

Below is the reaction of Bayelsa state's CLO to the appointment. People like you need to be enlightened.

"Ordinarily there wouldn’t have been anything wrong with Mr. President’s wife being appointed a Permanent Secretary in any state of her origin or by marriage; as is the Bayelsa scenario. While those who are claiming that Mrs. Patience Jonathan has been a Civil Servant in the state may be right, most Bayelsans are just hearing this side of her being a civil servant for the very first time”.

Accoridng Alagoa, the questions begging for answers from concerned Bayelsans are that: Was she on secondment or a leave of absence all these years? Has her name been featuring in the pay roll of the Bayelsa State government? Has she been part of the several staff audits that have taken place since, including the Biometrics conducted by the office of Due Process and e.Governance Bureau during Sylva’s administration? Bayelsans would want to know because Mrs.Patence Jonathan must not be allowed to eat her cake and have it.Again, have she been going to work as a state civil servant?”

“ These questions are very important because we know that when Abusalami was the Head of State, his wife was working before then. When Dr. Peter Odili was Governor of Rivers State, his wife, Justice Mary Odili was working. So, where was Patience Jonathan working when her husband was Deputy Governor?

“It may not be difficult for the government to cook up documents to take care of all the questions about her being a civil servant, but how did she rose through the ranks in the ministry. Permanent Secretary Positions are not like honorary degrees issued by Universities. It follows real career development in Ministries; they are not even political appointments like the position of Commissioner”.

He added that in view of the fact that a Permanent Secretary is supposed to be the engine room of any ministry, one thinks this lady would not fit such a position."
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by 1025: 10:26pm On Jul 12, 2012
jonathan and his wife are sure record breakers.
in a country where unemployment is the order of the day, one woman is the first lady at abuja and a perm sec at bayelsa maybe she will be the vice chairman of their local govt area who knows.
i know this from the unset that she will become one day a perm sec in bayelsa. a woman that calls herself a WIDOW in the presence of her husband is worthy to be a perm sec.
if jonathan is not dead as the wife claims, how on earth will a president allow his wife to be a perm sec at the same time.
normally, the gov of a state is suppose to stand up when the first lady of the federal republic of nigeria comes around and a perm sec is suppose to stand up when the gov comes around.
the confusion in bayelsa now will be who will stand up for who?
shame to pdp and jonathan and his widow.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by ZEN(m): 10:39pm On Jul 12, 2012
Wait a second guys.This appointment in my opinion is just a smoke screen for what has happened or about to happen.A foolish thought up plan from a no-brainer. An alibi for embezzlement if you ask me. Possible reasons for appointment- 1. In a couple of years to come, if paradventure a snoopy journalist questions her financial position .The ready answer will be.I was once a PERM SECRETARY. 2. GEJ. Wants one of 'his own' to be close to the govt of the day in Bayelsa for reasons best known to him.I will not be surprised he is positioning her to be the governor of the state(he dos'nt give a damn). 3. GEJ is foolish enough to think Nigerians will appreciate the appointment.i.e it will sound nice for people to see or hear that for the first time in the history of our country,the first lady is a 'civil servant'. or lastly(though this may surprise me).He has plans to scrap the office of firstlady.Believe me the appointment is not for the emolument or want for job.IT IS A SMOKESCREEN.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Names Of God and the meaning. / Senate To Override President Buhari’s Veto On Two Bills / Gov. Soludo Flagged Off The Construction Of Nine Roads In Okpoko, Anambra State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.