Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,782 members, 7,965,933 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 04:48 AM

PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit (21227 Views)

Fani-Kayode - Jonathan Will Divide Nigeria If He Loses In 2015 / Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY / Ondo Decides :ACN Candidate Lost His Unit To LP? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by tonadoes: 10:45pm On Jul 14, 2012
one man one vote in 2015. PDP be ware.
Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by Gbawe: 10:50pm On Jul 14, 2012
binhozie: So because its PDP on the losing end, everyone is now blind to the fact that an incumbent is actually powerful and can easily rig his way through
with the finance at his disposal abi?
Anyway may the best man win!

The PDP candidate lost in his ward. You should know what that means in Nigeria where the PDP controls the armed forces partisanly. Forget any talk of Oshiomhole 'rigging' anything. He cannot even control the Police in his State let alone the Army and others. Oshiomhole only has the people as his army while the PDP control everything else. His victory, when announced, will be well-deserved and earned through performance citizens can see and feel.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by Vigilante: 10:52pm On Jul 14, 2012
dedeike: Earlier today, we were all attacking and calling GEJ and JEGA names on the strength of Oshiomhole's false allegation that PDP was in the process of rigging the polls. All of a sudden, the story has changed. It is now praise galore for A.C.N and Oshiomhole. HYPOCRITES!

I await patiently to see what Oshiomhole will say about his earlier claims that the election is fraught with irregularities. Will he still maintain this position now that the supposed irregularities has produced a favourable outcome?

We must be very careful in our abuse of constituted authority. What goes around, comes back around.

This administration has always demonstrated its resolve to transform Nigeria in every way. The reforms going on in the power sector, energy sector, ports, public service, etc must also affect the electoral process. GEJ has never hidden his intention to preserve the rule of law and entrench credibility in the electoral process.

His appointment of JEGA says it all. You can't fault JEGA' s performance. From Adamawa to Cross river, kogi to Sokoto. JEGA has lived above board.

Again, unlike OBJ, Jonathan is not one to interfere with the process. He doesn't GIVE A DAMN whether his party or political fortunes is at stake.

That is the president of our dream

Chill. All na strategy.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by malc619(m): 10:55pm On Jul 14, 2012
I envy d folks in Edo state....
I wish somtin similar would happen in my state (Delta)...
Who'll rescue Deltans from d dogs and swines ruling over the state??
Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by fjjc(m): 11:13pm On Jul 14, 2012
so far so good what EDO people have displaced are the true reflection of what the comrade has done in his last four years administration of running the state.The people are not blind all that they are yearning for is good governance and trust on the part of government.Bravo the EDO people for standing by your vote.
Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by nagoma(m): 11:13pm On Jul 14, 2012
" now hear this O foolish and senseless people who have eyes but see not and who have ears but hear not"
Jeremiah 5:21.
Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by Babasessy(m): 11:14pm On Jul 14, 2012
The peopple of Benin/Edo have spoken.Kudos to the highly respected Oba of Benin, who stood firm for good governance. Even without endorsing Adam Oshiomole publicly, his people knew where
his allegiance lies. No other traditional ruler can snub the PDP's mighty entourage with the incumbent president the way he did. Oba atopkpae! Ise!. Lessons to all other first class Oba's in our land to borrow a leaf from Oba of Benin's wisdom and stand for good governance.
Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by dayokanu(m): 11:14pm On Jul 14, 2012
dedeike:
Again, unlike OBJ, Jonathan is not one to interfere with the process. He doesn't GIVE A DAMN whether his party or political fortunes is at stake.

We all remember Retardeen Jonathans role in Ekitis election and the role he played in the Dickson vs Sylva elections in Bayelsa

So dont feed us with porkies GEJ arselicker

3 Likes

Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by bola4dprec(m): 11:19pm On Jul 14, 2012
30 is very significant number if yoruba people say tati mean fail PDP tati tiri
Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by fridayiwere: 11:20pm On Jul 14, 2012
Bros, them dey follow u? Even inec official confirmed late arrival of voting material to some polling units.
Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by donigspain(m): 11:22pm On Jul 14, 2012
Is it not possible for Oshiomhole's earlier assertion on election irregularities to be used against him if the PDP guy decides to take the matter to court in an event of the latter's failure? Oshiomhole's earlier claims is enough evidence to cancel this election whether he later won or not since his remarks show he is inclined not to accept the outcome of the election if it does not go to his favour.
Am just saying... I need more clarification.
PS: I support Oshobaba but I think he was too hasty to make such incriminating assertions.
Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by vemmawealth(f): 11:29pm On Jul 14, 2012
Gbawe:

Oshiomhole deserves the iconic support he enjoys. How many like him do we have in Nigeria? I.e brave men who challenged murderous dictators for the greater good of society ? Oshiomhole is not perfect but he loves his people and is committed to doing the best for his State. Edo politics will truly be about progress when the likes of Anenih pass on and stop frustrating the efforts of leaders who have rejected their redundant politics of elitism and lootocracy.

This speaks exactly my mind. As a Nation, we do not require perfection in leadership but a commitment to positively alter d course present quality of governance. That's what Tinubu did and passed on to Fashola, that's what Aregbesola is doing in Osun, that's what fayemi, Ajumobi and Amosu are poised to do and that's what is playing out in Edo under Oshiomole.

The "politics of elitism and lootocracy" was responsible for d PDP Clan shoving d deception that dev. was imposible in Edo, down d throat of d people. They were going to ensure d status quo subsist but a man "committed" to turning the negative tide arrived and he's making all d difference not only in governance but also in goodwill. Just look @ d result so far......... PDP will have to write an entirely diff result to rig this election successfully
Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by fridayiwere: 11:31pm On Jul 14, 2012
Even if the election is cancelled and re-run, oshiobaba would win again even a wider margin
Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by mikolo08(m): 11:41pm On Jul 14, 2012
dayokanu:

We all remember Retardeen Jonathans role in Ekitis election and the role he played in the Dickson vs Sylva elections in Bayelsa

Don't mind the fool,President of my dreams my foot,But come to think of it,do nigerians like dis retardeen have memory loss of things that has happened in the past?,for him not to remember what has happened in those states? undecided. *SHM*for the coming elections!.
Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by mrperfect(m): 11:43pm On Jul 14, 2012
Could this be a good news?
Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by espn(m): 11:44pm On Jul 14, 2012
donigspain: Is it not possible for Oshiomhole's earlier assertion on election irregularities to be used against him if the PDP guy decides to take the matter to court in an event of the latter's failure? Oshiomhole's earlier claims is enough evidence to cancel this election whether he later won or not since his remarks show he is inclined not to accept the outcome of the election if it does not go to his favour.
PS: I support Oshobaba but I think he was too hasty to make such incriminating assertions.
bruv I get u buh he is just a psychologist..tryn to play on der intelligence cos he knws der plan..he's using dat against dem..just tryn to weaken dem nd der plan..he's a step ahead of dem..smartness..intelligence..dats it..d way chelsea dealt wif barca..so simple..read ur opponent nd frustrate der effort!
Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by Vigilante: 11:54pm On Jul 14, 2012
donigspain: Is it not possible for Oshiomhole's earlier assertion on election irregularities to be used against him if the PDP guy decides to take the matter to court in an event of the latter's failure? Oshiomhole's earlier claims is enough evidence to cancel this election whether he later won or not since his remarks show he is inclined not to accept the outcome of the election if it does not go to his favour.

You mean an election should be cancelled just because a candidate questioned its credibility?
Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by fjjc(m): 11:58pm On Jul 14, 2012
Do you think he should be sitten down and look so that PDP to rig.
Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by BabaO2: 11:59pm On Jul 14, 2012
I think you are a baby to politics. Oshiomole was only using psychological weapon. Fashola said similar thing in Lagos.
Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by whealthy(m): 12:02am On Jul 15, 2012
dedeike: Earlier today, we were all attacking and calling GEJ and JEGA names on the strength of Oshiomhole's false allegation that PDP was in the process of rigging the polls. All of a sudden, the story has changed. It is now praise galore for A.C.N and Oshiomhole. HYPOCRITES!

I await patiently to see what Oshiomhole will say about his earlier claims that the election is fraught with irregularities. Will he still maintain this position now that the supposed irregularities has produced a favourable outcome?

We must be very careful in our abuse of constituted authority. What goes around, comes back around.

This administration has always demonstrated its resolve to transform Nigeria in every way. The reforms going on in the power sector, energy sector, ports, public service, etc must also affect the electoral process. GEJ has never hidden his intention to preserve the rule of law and entrench credibility in the electoral process.

His appointment of JEGA says it all. You can't fault JEGA' s performance. From Adamawa to Cross river, kogi to Sokoto. JEGA has lived above board.

1. Oshiomole drew attention to late arrival of materials which INEC itself confirmed. And unlike you (apparent hypocrite who castigates at dawn and supports by dusk), Oshiomole won't change what he said, He no doubt won.
2. Did you mention reforms? Like the one that has greatly increased power supply? Public service reform that got his wife perm sec post? Energy sector via power saving bulbs to conserve energy you don't ve or wha? ports are now better? Seriously? Rule of law via his subsidy probe commitee with an indicted man as chairman? And electoral reforms shown in Dicksons case? WAO! What great achievements!
3. Jonathan is ready to interfere with the process, THE PEOPLE are not allowing him. This success is for the PEOPLE who are gradually waking up to resist despotic democracy. Unlike OBJs regime, Nigerians er moRe conscious, politically.
No offence given, non taken

1 Like

Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by jmaine: 12:03am On Jul 15, 2012
vemmawealth:

This speaks exactly my mind. As a Nation, we do not require perfection in leadership but a commitment to positively alter d course present quality of governance. That's what Tinubu did and passed on to Fashola, that's what Aregbesola is doing in Osun, that's what fayemi, Ajumobi and Amosu are poised to do and that's what is playing out in Edo under Oshiomole.

The "politics of elitism and lootocracy" was responsible for d PDP Clan shoving d deception that dev. was imposible in Edo, down d throat of d people. They were going to ensure d status quo subsist but a man "committed" to turning the negative tide arrived and he's making all d difference not only in governance but also in goodwill. Just look @ d result so far......... PDP will have to write an entirely diff result to rig this election successfully

Your Details below:-

[size=16pt]Time registered: July 06, 2012[/size]

Time spent online: 5 hours & 38 minutes

What is the serial number of the fairly Used BB curve 2 propaganda device they gave you grin. . .And you sound so familiar undecided
Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by Cupidkc(m): 12:08am On Jul 15, 2012
Haba...dnt u guys sleep? Its midnight o...guess my bed is calling me!
Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by dedeike: 12:13am On Jul 15, 2012
dayokanu:

You re such a liar. There's no end to what your hatred for GEJ cannot push you to do.
In your desperation to take away credit from GEJ's non interference disposition to the electoral process, you have resorted to fabricating lies and distorting historical facts.
What was GEJ's role in the EKITI POLLS? For your information, GEJ was not yet a president in April 2009 when the EKITI elections took place.
Why must you heap such weighty allegations on an innocent man just because you want to score cheap political points?
What a flagrant advertisement of ignorance coupled with malice by you!
Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by nsiadi: 12:27am On Jul 15, 2012
dayokanu:

junk
Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by dedeike: 12:38am On Jul 15, 2012
whealthy:
1. Oshiomole drew attention to late arrival of materials which INEC itself confirmed. And unlike you (apparent hypocrite who castigates at dawn and supports by dusk), Oshiomole won't change what he said, He no doubt won.
2. Did you mention reforms? Like the one that has greatly increased power supply? Public service reform that got his wife perm sec post? Energy sector via power saving bulbs to conserve energy you don't ve or wha? ports are now better? Seriously? Rule of law via his subsidy probe commitee with an indicted man as chairman? And electoral reforms shown in Dicksons case? WAO! What great achievements!
3. Jonathan is ready to interfere with the process, THE PEOPLE are not allowing him. This success is for the PEOPLE who are gradually waking up to resist despotic democracy. Unlike OBJs regime, Nigerians er moRe conscious, politically.
No offence given, non taken

Your post marks a very very poor attempt on how to defend a faux pax. Even Oshiomhole will not agree with this your feeble defence of his earlier goof.
I advice you to go back and revisit his statement then you will appreciate that such statements could successfully support a case for cancellation due to lack of substatiantial compliance to the Electoral Act. But I don't subscribe to that. Let the voice of the people as expressed in the ballots prevail while political actors should refrain from making unguarded utterances in a bid to score cheap political points.

On reforms, it is only a hater like you that will turn a blind eye to all that GEJ has been doing.
The transformation agenda is on course. Reforms are ongoing in every sector. The finance ministry is carrying out bio metric evaluation of federal civil servants  to reduce waste. There is the new integrated online payment system which helps the minister monitor transfer of public funds. Our foreign reserves have risen again to 37 billion dollars. There's the proposed Soveriegn Wealth Fund to cater for excess oil sale proceeds.
In Energy, a lot of reforms. The president is keen on transparency and thus has set up probes into the sector viz KPMG AUDIT and AIG IMOUKHEDE. The president sought to close the window of corruption by removing subsidy but the cabal misled Labour into a protest. That notwithstanding, the reforms are still ongoing and the full deregulation of the downstream sector being vigorously pursued. Last week, the FG had concluded the PIB which remains a landmark legislation that will revolutionarize the petroleum  industry. Refineries are undergoing repairs and an American company, VULCAN is to build six more new refineries.

In roads, Zaria-Funtua-Gusau roads, Oshodi-Apapa with expansion and drainage works,  dedicated bridge frm liverpool roundabout to Tin can ports, trailer park, Dualisation  of Ibadan -Ilorin, ENUGU-Onitsha, completion of OWERRI -Onitsha,    9th mile, ongoing reconstruction of Benin-Ore-Sagamu highway measuring over 265 km, Kano-Maidugri Dualisation. Keffi -Akwanga-Lafia, award of Afikpo-Okigwe, Auchi-Okene being handled by Setraco. Loko-Eweta-Karishi bridge, Kolo-Nembe -Brass  to mention but a few.

In Transport, massive reforms at the ports. Sanitisation and reduction of operating agencies to 7. Introduction of 24 hrs ports operation. Ongoing Construction of light gauge train railways across t4 cardinal point of the federation

In  Aviation, massive reconstruction of major airports in the land, Enugu airport is undergoing total rehabilitation. The domestic wing of Abuja airport is also being reconstructed with expansion of roads and car parks. Same fr the international wing and the kano airports

In Education, establishment of 9 new federal universities in less than 1 year. Constructed 2 new campuses of the Nigerian law schools in Yenagoa and Yola respectively. Launched the Almajiri schools for education of itenerant Islamic pupils in the north wFhich Buhari and other northern leaders abandoned. Increased funding to almost 400 billion to education thereby setting an all time highest record. Reinvigorated the inspectorate oversight of schools leading to the revocation of some licenses from universities. Executed the landmark upgrade of university lecturers retirement age from 65 to 70. 

In agriculture, for the first time in our history, we have a clearly defined agricultural policy which is targeted towards maximum utilisation of cassava for growth thru the launch of the cassava bread campaign. The policy is intended to reduce our reliance on imported wheat so as to encourage local production of cassava and it's conversion to flour for bakery. The FG has in less than one year eliminated the middlemen cartel that fed fat on fertiliser distribution at the expense of local farmers. Now through deregulation reforms, fertiliser is now accessible in the open market. he has also embarked on massive construction of silos and has increased import duties on the importation of rice in order to encourage local farmers. The efforts of the minister has been so appreciable that the world bank assisted with over 50 billion Naira for fertiliser redistribution scheme/ silos. The CBN has also set up a 500 billion loan scheme which is to assist farmers.

In power, the NIPP has been revived with the subsequent refurbishment of Afam, Alaoji, Calabar, GEREGU, Omotosho, papalanto power plants. This has led to the addition last December of 4,000 megawatts from barely 1700 to the national grid. To address the problem of distribution,  the 18 successor companies have been slated for privatization.  The media is already awash with news of the proposed privatization next week. The reforms include the review of tariffs in order to ensure a cost reflective tariff that will encourage private sector participation in the building of gas plants. Already, this has started yielding dividends as SPDC has commenced processes towards building a gas plant in IMO state. 

Like the president said during his last media chat,  people like You who have found a business in criticizing him should continue while he concentrates on his ongoing reforms. That when most of his reforms I.e power sector reforms, civil service reforms, Energy reforms etc are thru, they will have a rethink.

1 Like

Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by dayokanu(m): 12:46am On Jul 15, 2012
dedeike:
You re such a liar. There's no end to what your hatred for GEJ cannot push you to do.
In your desperation to take away credit from GEJ's non interference disposition to the electoral process, you have resorted to fabricating lies and distorting historical facts.
What was GEJ's role in the EKITI POLLS? For your information, GEJ was not yet a president in April 2009 when the EKITI elections took place.
Why must you heap such weighty allegations on an innocent man just because you want to score cheap political points?
What a flagrant advertisement of ignorance coupled with malice by you!

Its one thing to be a m0r0nic arselicker like you, Its another thing to be uninformed and ignorant.

Combining these two traits together is a bad combo.

Why dont you enlighten yourself about Retardeen Jonathans role in Ekiti election when he was VP
Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by Nobody: 12:47am On Jul 15, 2012
Recent result updates: ACN: 106596, PDP: 365846. Hope your mind don cool na? Pls my pips take time to verify the source of every post before clapping.
Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by dayokanu(m): 12:51am On Jul 15, 2012
^^ where did you get your updates from
Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by dedeike: 12:59am On Jul 15, 2012
dayokanu:

Its one thing to be a m0r0nic arselicker like you, Its another thing to be uninformed and ignorant.

Combining these two traits together is a bad combo.

Why dont you enlighten yourself about Retardeen Jonathans role in Ekiti election when he was VP

Another failed escapist attempt by an unintelligent fool.
You ranted like a canon on the loose about how GEJ compromised the EKITI Elections in a bid to push thru your jaundiced opinions about him.

When reminded that he was not even president at that time, you shamelessly ammended your statements to read "as vice president". So petty.

Increasingly, you keep making a public show of your ignorance on social media. It is for people like you that the adage "SILENCE IS GOLDEN" is best suited for.

If you had kept quiet, no body would have known that you were this dumb as not to know when GEJ came into power.

1 Like

Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by BabaO2: 1:00am On Jul 15, 2012
God's Mercy:
Recent result updates: ACN: 106596, PDP: 365846. Hope your mind don cool na? Pls my pips take time to verify the source of every post before clapping.
why both ending with 6? not smart enough

1 Like

Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by dayokanu(m): 1:03am On Jul 15, 2012
dedeike:
Another failed escapist attempt by an unintelligent fool.
You ranted like a canon on the loose about how GEJ compromised the EKITI Elections in a bid to push thru your jaundiced opinions about him.

When reminded that he was not even president at that time, you shamelessly ammended your statements to read "as vice president". So petty.

Increasingly, you keep making a public show of your ignorance on social media. It is for people like you that the adage "SILENCE IS GOLDEN" is best suited for.
If you had kept quiet, no body would have known that you were this dumb as not to know when GEJ came into power.

And where did anyone on this thread claim Jonathan retardeen was President during the Ekiti election?

Asking for Jonathans role in Ekiti election makes him President in your books?

You are such a simpleton its still a surprise why you havent killed yourself and spared the world of your immense and legendary foolishness

Anuofia
Re: PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit by PaulJohn1: 1:11am On Jul 15, 2012
God's Mercy:

Abeg someone else should confirm this if it's true.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku Vs Buhari: Legal Fireworks As Tribunal Set To Begin / Omisore Accepts Open Debate With Aregbesola / Saraki's Birthday Cake To Shehu Sani (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.