Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,103 members, 7,890,635 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:25 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (310445 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drslip: 6:25am On Nov 06, 2012
Yes you can and thats what Im using too. My GRE scores are not very good so id rather take the online printout because the original comes with a graph that shows my low percentile,but it doesnt show online
@ Mamacita do you know of anyone that has presented online GRE score or is there anyone in the house who has done that? I wanna hear especially from those who have used it or who knows some one who
has.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 7:13am On Nov 06, 2012
Mamacita007:

Yes you can and thats what Im using too. My GRE scores are not very good so id rather take the online printout because the original comes with a graph that shows my low percentile,but it doesnt show online.

Actually its not their business if the graph shows u were low, as long as u used it to get admission but u can always leave it out if u wanna. . . .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Teetee6(f): 7:30am On Nov 06, 2012
Yvete: Dnpassion, mamacita and co, your visa is sure!!! Amen.

Praying for yall!
Amen o! Thnx smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronakoks: 7:52am On Nov 06, 2012
s-beauty :

Oh really, you mean I can go ahead to get an appointment date(interview date) before my i-20 gets here and afterwards I can edit my info ? Bt wht will I fill in when it requests for school info, sevis number n all dt..
Thanks would b waiting for ur reply!

U need to have your sevis info to schedule an appointment. You can't edit school info on appointmentportal after u schedule. So even if u book now with generic sevis no. You will still hav to cancel appointment wen you get ur unic sevis I'd.. What u can do is ask school to send you ur sevis info by email, I.e assuming they've issued ur i20, cos many schools won't send you scan copy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 8:22am On Nov 06, 2012
dr.slip:
@ Mamacita do you know of anyone that has presented online GRE score or is there anyone in the house who has done that? I wanna hear especially from those who have used it or who knows some one who
has.

If you go back to earlier parts of this thread, you ll see that some people used the printed copy. I was worried about it initially and had to research the entire thread from part 1. If I find the exact posts, i'll repost it. Hope more experienced people clarify it for us.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 8:23am On Nov 06, 2012
kpolli:

Actually its not their business if the graph shows u were low, as long as u used it to get admission but u can always leave it out if u wanna. . . .

Honestly the graph on my original GRE report looks embarassing. Loooool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 9:06am On Nov 06, 2012
Mamacita007:

shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Am sure they have seen worse but nevertheless, use printed copy. . . Sure they won't mind
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ayurdavid: 9:10am On Nov 06, 2012
hi guys, pls can i register for ielts using my national id card?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 9:48am On Nov 06, 2012
jimtosam:

Most schools attached a scanned copy of your I-20 (by email) before mailing it.There, you can get your SEVIS number.If your school doesn't do that, just go ahead start ur DS160, save it don't submit it. And if you submit, you can always start all over. Just fill in any details . All your info can later be edited except the email address. I mean all, DS160, SEVIS number, etc..Do u know d format of SEVIS number? it's always an alphabet plus 10digit number like N0000000000.

If you think you still have time, don't bother. But, it cost nothing to edit details and re-print ur appointment confirmation.

But, the rule says you can't edit 48hrs to ur interview date. Your DS160, appointment details in usatraveldoc must be intact 48hrs to go.
Thanks for that..I think I'd rather wait before I schedule an appointment, not in a rush..God's favor will always be available for me anytime..*grin*...:d :d :d ..
And yes I do kw what a sevis number is ..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 06, 2012
Mamacita007:

That GRE is not a piece of cake. Do not feel terrible!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 06, 2012
Hi People,

I have been following your posts. I am looking at spring '13 entry for an MBA and my interview is next week in lagos. I just want to confirm if there are other financial documents required (asides bank statements) for the interview.
Thanks peeps smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eespark(f): 1:14pm On Nov 06, 2012
Abegii Ooo I Won Know If My Friend Is Good To Go Embassy, He School No ask of GRE Test and he will recieve he i 20 this week ,Hope Is Good To Go Embassy........... Plssssss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by elkharpone: 1:50pm On Nov 06, 2012
can i pay my sevis fee at gieva how long will it take before i can get the printout after payment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by elkharpone: 1:52pm On Nov 06, 2012
[quote author=kaytee07]Hi People,

I have been following your posts. I am looking at spring '13 entry for an MBA and my interview is next week in lagos. I just want to confirm if there are other financial documents required (asides bank statements) for the interview.
Thanks peeps smiley[/quote what date is your interview mine is next week and am not even prepared at all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 1:56pm On Nov 06, 2012
elkharpone: can i pay my sevis fee at gieva how long will it take before i can get the printout after payment

If you intend to use GIVEVA, then this question should be directed at GIVEVA. All I can tell you is that GIVEVA is an organisation that has got reputation. so deal with them with a unbiased mind.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 06, 2012
It's next wed.I'm not so prepared too smiley God's favour all the way
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:38pm On Nov 06, 2012
kaytee07: It's next wed.I'm not so prepared too smiley God's favour all the way

Is my brain interpreting something else for me? Someone should help me please. embarassed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 06, 2012
imperiouxx:

Is my brain interpreting something else for me? Someone should help me please. embarassed

I don't know what your brain is interpreting. My response was an answer to one of the questions asked. I was just being sincere...The reason I said I wasn't so prepared is because I haven't put together my response. I have an idea of the questions asked and I have my responses, but I need to still write them down in a coordinated manner. This will be done between today and tomorrow.

Do you still need clarifications? smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:59pm On Nov 06, 2012
kaytee07:

I don't know what your brain is interpreting. My response was an answer to one of the questions asked. I was just being sincere...The reason I said I wasn't so prepared is because I haven't put together my response. I have an idea of the questions asked and I have my responses, but I need to still write them down in a coordinated manner. This will be done between today and tomorrow.

Do you still need clarifications? smiley

I've heard a lot. Just prepare very well. Wishing you success on that day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 06, 2012
imperiouxx:

I've heard a lot. Just prepare very well. Wishing you success on that day.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 06, 2012
kaytee07: Hi People,

Thanks peeps smiley

Please Nairalanders! Awaiting your response smiley
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 6:02pm On Nov 06, 2012
Can I just say I'm getting nervous already because I'm going for my interview next week but I believe one thing that success is mine and with God all things are possible. Success to all the spring applicants!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 6:35pm On Nov 06, 2012
Τξέ spark: Abegii Ooo I Won Know If My Friend Is Good To Go Embassy, He School No ask of GRE Test and he will recieve he i 20 this week ,Hope Is Good To Go Embassy........... Plssssss

You were warned about this 'my friend' thing. The response to your question has been discussed earlier. Do your research and understand the general consensus on standardized tests especially GRE.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 6:38pm On Nov 06, 2012
elkharpone: what date is your interview mine is next week and am not even prepared at all

You've been on this thread for a minute bro. It will be shameful if you show up unprepared. Ask questions if you need any clarification on anything. Good luck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 6:51pm On Nov 06, 2012
Mamacita & Dr.Slip

You can use either the original report or a printed copy. Some people had to explain to the VO that they had not received the original report from ETS at the time of the interview and still got the visa. If you've got the original, take it with you and don't worry about the percentile graph. My GRE was just as bad and not a true test of my ability grin grin I Swear!

Can't wait for Spring testimonies to start rolling in ..... countdown ......

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by elkharpone: 6:52pm On Nov 06, 2012
Yvete:

You've been on this thread for a minute bro. It will be shameful if you show up unprepared. Ask questions if you need any clarification on anything. Good luck!
dahs true would love if you could gimme some info
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 7:14pm On Nov 06, 2012
elkharpone: dahs true would love if you could gimme some info

There is nothing relevant that has not been mentioned on here from Part 1. Since you're going for a BS in Health science, make a personal objective link on your study plan to your future plan in Nigeria. When did you finish high school? Do you have any gaps? Close it with relevant info. Remember that there is no substitute for preparation. So prepare well for all aspects of the interview.

If you provide pragmatic evidence pointing to reasons for return, they will have no reason not to grant a visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 7:37pm On Nov 06, 2012
This is a reminder to all spring applicants in tha house should in-case you have forgotten....
1. You have to eliminate nervousness (either shoot it with gun or whatever) but u have to,
2. Be bold! i can tell you that if you are bold enough, the VO might not even ask for any documents including GRE or/and TOEFL, Yes i repeat including GRE or/and TOEFL,
3. Know about your school, i think Wikipedia will be a good source for those going next week,know about your course as well
4. Don't give unnecessary lengthy answers, be concise except when explanation is needed and the VO should give you that look or ask you to buttress (e.g; don't talk about a professor you met in the school while answering "why this school", i think there are better reasons for choosing a school than meeting a professor you wish to work with, God forbid what if he or she dies or gets fired before you resume the school nko, shei you go still work with am ni?)...but also don't be annoyingly shallow in answering ("one word" answers can be annoying)
5. Demonstrate (use body gestures) while answering some certain questions like "why this course" and the likes, it shows sign of confidence
6. Don't bring out documents when you are to be answering questions (e.g; don't bring out financial statements when asked "what does your sponsor do"...answer first, if the VO needs the document he/she will ask), documents don't have mouth, they won't answer the questions for you.
7. Dress neatly and like a student, masters it's ok to where a shirt and tuck in for guys, with a polished shoe, for ladies ...em..i no know ooo..but you figure out....(e.g; don't sag your jeans or pants, don't wear a t-shirt with the inscription "awon boyz da, awa omo isale eko reee" or "Obama 2016"....just examples.
8. Pray to you God before going, I tell you prayer works...and all these have an attachment to favor(that's all you may need after-all)

I know some of these may be found in the previous threads but for ease i've decided to remind us....if there are other things to add...my oga(s) dem dem for here go add...

Wish y'all spring applicants the best and we here are waiting for success stories by next week.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by elkharpone: 9:30pm On Nov 06, 2012
Yvete:

There is nothing relevant that has not been mentioned on here from Part 1. Since you're going for a BS in Health science, make a personal objective link on your study plan to your future plan in Nigeria. When did you finish high school? Do you have any gaps? Close it with relevant info. Remember that there is no substitute for preparation. So prepare well for all aspects of the interview.

If you provide pragmatic evidence pointing to reasons for return, they will have no reason not to grant a visa.
i finished my second skul 2011 attended a computer training college from oct 2011-may2012 dah was pretty much wah i did
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 10:42pm On Nov 06, 2012
Hope you guys won't laugh at me asking this question base oon the dress code. Here we go, Can I put on an yoruba native dress when going for my interview? Please I need a good and vital response. Thanks grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 10:58pm On Nov 06, 2012
dnpasion: Hope you guys won't laugh at me asking this question base oon the dress code. Here we go, Can I put on an yoruba native dress when going for my interview? Please I need a good and vital response. Thanks grin

You can, shows ur ties back home grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 11:17pm On Nov 06, 2012
@Kpolli thanks for your contribution. I look forward to see more reply from the rest of house. grin
kpolli:

You can, shows ur ties back home grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.