Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,819 members, 7,938,412 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:38 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (311788 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drdolittle1: 5:05pm On Jul 23, 2012
grin grin grin Happy things are going on well here. To the genuine peeps yet to get their visas,don't worry...it is at the corner.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drdolittle1: 5:11pm On Jul 23, 2012
sha_money:
Its in marshall

KK...one way or the other, we will hook up..welcome on board! grin cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mystiqme: 5:14pm On Jul 23, 2012
dr_dolittle: grin grin grin Happy things are going on well here. To the genuine peeps yet to get their visas,don't worry...it is at the corner.
Loaded statement... wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by davidodoctor: 5:24pm On Jul 23, 2012
davidodoctor: . I have bin following this post since the first part....thanx to all d contributors in the house..imperious ..ur head dey there..I wAs issued a visa this month..wld post my experience soon..

First of all,I give thanks to almighty God..Never underestimate the power of prayers..I fasted for 7 days prior to the interview..Had to apply for emergency interview cos my I waited for all responses from d schools..My appointment was 1:30 in Abuja....the first window was a black American for vip Nigerians,next window was the young white guy sme 1 mentioned earlier in d thread was probably undergoing training,next was the old white man,followed by the young inquisitive lady that held one young undergraduate for close to 20mins befre granting him..
Here's the interview...was depressed neatly in hawes and curtis formal shirt and slacks with pointed toes..I met the young white guy.

Me:Smiling as if I won a lottery...Good morning sir
V.o: Gud morning sir..pls pass ur documents ..
He went thru my Application for about 2 mins...I didn't take my gaze of his eyes....he was looking fr smethin..then I realized...my old passport with my old us visa(visiting) was in my folder..
v.o:Do u have another passport....
Me:Smiling,I passed it to him
V.O: how many times have u bin to the U.s and what for
Me:twice,went on vacation for a few months
V.O:Why do u want to go to d us
Me: For my graduate studies
V.O: why this school?

Me:the school is among the top 10 schools on world ranking..they receive enormous funding for research and they have wonderful research laboratories and equipment..
V.O: U have a medical degree,y mph?
Me:My major would help me greatly in being accepted for residency in Nigeria for this specialty..I then told him some serious stuff on statistics on diseases in Nigeria and need for professionals in my field..
V.O: If u dnt mind me asking.How much do ur parents make in a year and their jobs..
Me: I told him..(I am from a very comfortable home..smiley )
V.O: how many schools did u apply to and how many accepted..
Me.:applied to 6,accepted 3.wait listed 1 and rejected 2...he smiled like of cos when I told him the 2 schools..they are the best in united states

v.o:looking directly into my eye:Do u intend to work in the U.s
Mesadstaring back at him like say na fight)...No I don't
V.O:How many siblings do u have and where are they?
Me: I and my sister...she is a student here in Nigeria
V.O:do u have an idea of her tuition fees?
Me: yes I do..told him(huge sum)
V.o: do u have a job now?
Me : yes,I have a letter granting me leave for the duration of my course...can I show u?
V.o: yes.,collects it ..and read..(that was d only document asked for oooo...with the whole library wey I bring)
V.o: raises up my visa collection sheet and explains how I wld pick my visa up..
Me : thank you sir...as I turned...I did a lil punch in d air saying Yesss..
Hallelujah !!!!!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drdolittle1: 5:25pm On Jul 23, 2012
sha_money: My interview was for 10:45 and I got der by 8:30. We finally got in did biometrics and started waitin. D elderly man in window 8 rejected much wen I was in der,he ll talk and talk and ask and ask,still de laff wit u oo and finally deny at d end. D woman in window 9 was givin,d one in window 7,a young man gave d guy before me goin for an aviation course and denied psome too,- was prayin for window 9 but window 7 called,I walked up to him,
VO- goodmr
Me- goodmr sir
VO- y are u goin to US
Me- for my undergraduate studies in texas
VO-wat course are u goin to study
Me-computer and information sciences
VO- wat is computer and information sciences
Me-its actually d study of d theory behind d operation of inter connected and organized computers that is a network of computers and d study of its computer applications
VO- nods head, ok, so y did u choose dis school
Me- because its has seasoned professors, d computer laboratry is uptodate and d curriculum involves lots of outdoor learnin ,plus my sponsor can....(He cuts me)
VO-outdoor learnin in computer science?
Me-yes d schools goes on field trips always to big business companies and coorporations.
VO- so y only dis school
Me- no I got accepted into 2 other schools(named dem and showed him admission letter wey contain scholarship wey I reject)
VO-wat does ur dad do?
Me-he is a safety engr,he supplies safety equipment to companies and he schooled in d US
VO- ooh,ok good.
VO- ok so y will ur dad spend so much on dis course
Me- because i ll be responsible for makin d vital business decisions in his company wit d knowledge I gain and also as d only son I ll be incharge and I was offered scholarship
Vo- so do u have any doc to show for d scholarship
Me- no its all in d i20(I gv am SAT score and he asks for my WAEC)
VO- so wat does d presidential scholarship mean(returns d SAT and says good)
Me- it means d school will be payin for everytin
VO-(nods head,ok good)so do u have sisters
Me- yes , 2 and de are both married,one stays in dubai wit her husband
VO-wat abt d oda one
Me- she works wit zenith bank in aba. shocked [color=#006600][/color]
VO-ok
Started typin oooo,arrange my passport wit d ds na den I knw say en dn happen,
I wan show am my dad I'd card incase en still de reason am
Me-u may want to see dis sir....
VO-no don't bother
Den I come relax well.
VO-so ur visa has been approved,take dis wit u to d address here and collect ur visa ,dnt forget to go along wit ur appointment confirmation and don't forget ur i20 wen u r travellin cos u ll show it at d entry. Enjoy ur stay and ur studies(smiles)
Me- tank u sir(smile back)

So dat is it ooo,am sure he only got attracted to d scholarship and d face dat I ll be takin over my dads biz here and say my dad school abroad come back de work here.

Am sayin a big tank u to d 1st pesin dat replied my post on dis thread,my oga superbrain,imperiouxx baba,phy,rowlandoo,dr_dolittle,devick, kpolli, infact everybody in d house for helpin me out wit info anytime I needed help. God bless u guys .and if u neva get,dnt panic u can't be refused,dos dat hv been refused,its nt d end,try again. God de.
Na yankee get me like dis now ooo...
Tanx house

I am so so happy you got it.But I wan fear for the bolded part o.. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drdolittle1: 5:52pm On Jul 23, 2012
davidodoctor:

First of all,I give thanks to almighty God..

Thank God for you brov!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by biofem2000: 7:02pm On Jul 23, 2012
Nairalanders,
I would like to know the implication of seeking a student visa while one has a visiting visa that was issued a few months ago. The intent was to visit the US when the visa was issued so as to visit some of the schools. However, life got in the way. The visiting visa has not been used. Please advise. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 7:26pm On Jul 23, 2012
biofem2000: Nairalanders,
I would like to know the implication of seeking a student visa while one has a visiting visa that was issued a few months ago. The intent was to visit the US when the visa was issued so as to visit some of the schools. However, life got in the way. The visiting visa has not been used. Please advise. Thank you.

I think you will be shooting yourself in the leg ...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shamoney1: 7:43pm On Jul 23, 2012
dr_dolittle:

I am so so happy you got it.But I wan fear for the bolded part o.. grin

Lol,finally na aba boy me I be ooo. Born and bred der,my family de der,na job carry some comot bt na aba we de...lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shamoney1: 7:48pm On Jul 23, 2012
davidodoctor:

First of all,I give thanks to almighty God..Never underestimate the power of prayers..I fasted for 7 days prior to the interview..Had to apply for emergency interview cos my I waited for all responses from d schools..My appointment was 1:30 in Abuja....the first window was a black American for vip Nigerians,next window was the young white guy sme 1 mentioned earlier in d thread was probably undergoing training,next was the old white man,followed by the young inquisitive lady that held one young undergraduate for close to 20mins befre granting him..
Here's the interview...was depressed neatly in hawes and curtis formal shirt and slacks with pointed toes..I met the young white guy.

Me:Smiling as if I won a lottery...Good morning sir
V.o: Gud morning sir..pls pass ur documents ..
He went thru my Application for about 2 mins...I didn't take my gaze of his eyes....he was looking fr smethin..then I realized...my old passport with my old us visa(visiting) was in my folder..
v.o:Do u have another passport....
Me:Smiling,I passed it to him
V.O: how many times have u bin to the U.s and what for
Me:twice,went on vacation for a few months
V.O:Why do u want to go to d us
Me: For my graduate studies
V.O: why this school?

Me:the school is among the top 10 schools on world ranking..they receive enormous funding for research and they have wonderful research laboratories and equipment..
V.O: U have a medical degree,y mph?
Me:My major would help me greatly in being accepted for residency in Nigeria for this specialty..I then told him some serious stuff on statistics on diseases in Nigeria and need for professionals in my field..
V.O: If u dnt mind me asking.How much do ur parents make in a year and their jobs..
Me: I told him..(I am from a very comfortable home..smiley )
V.O: how many schools did u apply to and how many accepted..
Me.:applied to 6,accepted 3.wait listed 1 and rejected 2...he smiled like of cos when I told him the 2 schools..they are the best in united states

v.o:looking directly into my eye:Do u intend to work in the U.s
Mesadstaring back at him like say na fight)...No I don't
V.O:How many siblings do u have and where are they?
Me: I and my sister...she is a student here in Nigeria
V.O:do u have an idea of her tuition fees?
Me: yes I do..told him(huge sum)
V.o: do u have a job now?
Me : yes,I have a letter granting me leave for the duration of my course...can I show u?
V.o: yes.,collects it ..and read..(that was d only document asked for oooo...with the whole library wey I bring)
V.o: raises up my visa collection sheet and explains how I wld pick my visa up..
Me : thank you sir...as I turned...I did a lil punch in d air saying Yesss..
Hallelujah !!!!!!!!!

Congrats bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by seedord247(m): 8:05pm On Jul 23, 2012
dr_dolittle: grin grin grin Happy things are going on well here. To the genuine peeps yet to get their visas,don't worry...it is at the corner.

Pls what do u mean by genuine peeps?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shamoney1: 8:08pm On Jul 23, 2012
dr_dolittle:

KK...one way or the other, we will hook up..welcome on board! grin cheesy
yeah sure we ll get in touch.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by WARYZ(m): 9:17pm On Jul 23, 2012
Hello guys,I have to let you know something now,because as far as we have come I don't have to keep hiding things from you cuz a am still gonna need yalls help 1 day or the other.ok this is how it goes.I have gotten my tted to oklahoma panhandle state university,but the fact is that I will not be going to opsu,my brother in new york has told me that when I get there I will be transffering to a college that is cheap and close to his house,that he is gonna lend me the money to pay for the 1st yearion now is that,will I be delayed at the POE that why am I coming to new york when my skool is in oklahoma,cuz the ticket I wanna buy will be from lagos to new york,please pple hope I wouldn't have problems at the POE in new york because am kinda scared.thanks.quick answers needed pleaseee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 9:20pm On Jul 23, 2012
sha_money: My visa has just been issued to me in abuja embassy by d VO in window 7. I ll post d details soon.
Yeahhhhhhhhh...congratssssssss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Dotman01(m): 10:42pm On Jul 23, 2012
WARYZ: Hello guys,I have to let you know something now,because as far as we have come I don't have to keep hiding things from you cuz a am still gonna need yalls help 1 day or the other.ok this is how it goes.I have gotten my tted to oklahoma panhandle state university,but the fact is that I will not be going to opsu,my brother in new york has told me that when I get there I will be transffering to a college that is cheap and close to his house,that he is gonna lend me the money to pay for the 1st yearion now is that,will I be delayed at the POE that why am I coming to new york when my skool is in oklahoma,cuz the ticket I wanna buy will be from lagos to new york,please pple hope I wouldn't have problems at the POE in new york because am kinda scared.thanks.quick answers needed pleaseee
u wont be having any problem, a frnd of mine transfered from a schl in ok to tx last yr without any fuss, and also his poe was jfk. But make sure u notify ur schl in ok as soon as u enter for ur transfer to be granted quickly, cos they might not grant u d transfer request if u late do am.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shamoney1: 11:55pm On Jul 23, 2012
walex57:

Tanx bro.. Am grateful for all d help u rendered me. D story isn't complete without u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shamoney1: 11:55pm On Jul 23, 2012
walex57:

Tanx bro.. Am grateful for all d help u rendered me. D story isn't complete without u. God bless u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drdolittle1: 12:09am On Jul 24, 2012
seedord247:

I mean those that really wanna go and study in the US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drdolittle1: 12:24am On Jul 24, 2012
sha_money:

Lol,finally na aba boy me I be ooo. Born and bred der,my family de der,na job carry some comot bt na aba we de...lol
That one na to prove to u say God's mercy and favour supercede our differences and diversities.Thanks be to God o..Me I no dey shame thank am o..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 12:25am On Jul 24, 2012
WARYZ: Hello guys,I have to let you know something now,because as far as we have come I don't have to keep hiding things from you cuz a am still gonna need yalls help 1 day or the other.ok this is how it goes.I have gotten my tted to oklahoma panhandle state university,but the fact is that I will not be going to opsu,my brother in new york has told me that when I get there I will be transffering to a college that is cheap and close to his house,that he is gonna lend me the money to pay for the 1st yearion now is that,will I be delayed at the POE that why am I coming to new york when my skool is in oklahoma,cuz the ticket I wanna buy will be from lagos to new york,please pple hope I wouldn't have problems at the POE in new york because am kinda scared.thanks.quick answers needed pleaseee

You shouldn't have any challenge I suppose. Hope you have started communicating to the school you intend transfering to with respect to admission and if not please start. Also, all you need do is to get admitted to the school you want to go and get OPSU release your SEVIS to them to enable them issue you your I-20. However, I do not know the cost of living and schooling in New York but people do say up north is a quite expensive to live in compared to down south thus, you may also check some other schools in the south where you have relatives to save cost.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drdolittle1: 12:40am On Jul 24, 2012
Mystiqme:
Loaded statement... wink
Yes o my bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:29am On Jul 24, 2012
ferdiii:

GRE Materials Sent

Thanks ferdiii for helping another person in need. You'll get the reward soonest.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:31am On Jul 24, 2012
sha_money:

Am sayin a big tank u to d 1st pesin dat replied my post on dis thread,my oga superbrain,imperiouxx baba,phy,rowlandoo,dr_dolittle,devick, kpolli, infact everybody in d house for helpin me out wit info anytime I needed help. God bless u guys .and if u neva get,dnt panic u can't be refused,dos dat hv been refused,its nt d end,try again. God de.
Na yankee get me like dis now ooo...
Tanx house

Congrat bro and all those that got theirs in recent time. That superbrain you mention was a good guy who is full of brain, I don't know his where about on this thread anymore.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:35am On Jul 24, 2012
seedord247:

If there is any other genuine student but if not, no visa!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:37am On Jul 24, 2012

This had been said here countless time, only those that can read won't know. You got no problem, even you like enter through Alaska, na your money you dey go.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by djunit1(m): 3:31am On Jul 24, 2012
seedord247:

I was goin to ask the same question! These Naijaland people nor go kill me with laugh!!! All of una genuine na im una dey fast before una go for interview?? Make I stop and continue my laugh jare

Congrats to those wey don get am. And for those wey never get continue tryin(hustlin) GOD Pass them
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by WARYZ(m): 4:39am On Jul 24, 2012
Dotman01: u wont be having any problem, a frnd of mine transfered from a schl in ok to tx last yr without any fuss, and also his poe was jfk. But make sure u notify ur schl in ok as soon as u enter for ur transfer to be granted quickly, cos they might not grant u d transfer request if u late do am.
thanks bruv,ur the MAN,so I will need 2 tll the skool dat gave me addmission dat I want to transfer after I av entered usa with their addmission,shey dem no go talk say I use their brain like dis? undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 5:02am On Jul 24, 2012
WARYZ: thanks bruv,ur the MAN,so I will need 2 tll the skool dat gave me addmission dat I want to transfer after I av entered usa with their addmission,shey dem no go talk say I use their brain like dis? undecided

That's the only thing you got to do. Enter through them then transfer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shamoney1: 6:04am On Jul 24, 2012
dr_dolittle: That one na to prove to u say God's mercy and favour supercede our differences and diversities.Thanks be to God o..Me I no dey shame thank am o..

Yes ooo, na God be ultimate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 6:09am On Jul 24, 2012
imperiouxx:

If there is any other genuine student but if not, no visa!

I think there is a need to be watchful about our comments on here.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 6:22am On Jul 24, 2012
GboyegaD:

I think there is a need to be watchful about our comments on here.

Interpreting what the first poster means?! Oga, is there a big deal about that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 7:02am On Jul 24, 2012
imperiouxx:

Interpreting what the first poster means?! Oga, is there a big deal about that?

For me there is because it is inciting. There is no need to create unnecessary uproar.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.