Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,819 members, 7,938,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:46 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (311791 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shamoney1: 7:43am On Jul 24, 2012
My friend felix is goind for his interview in abuja today by 1:30. Goodluck Felix,go and get ur visa and share ur experience.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shamoney1: 7:48am On Jul 24, 2012
My oga imperiouxx and my oga gboyegad, we de look up to una oo,pls no need for d arguement, we are one,wen 2 elephants fite na d grass de suffer am ooo..lol.. D issue can be ironed out witout creatin much fuss I tink its just misunderstandin.. We are one, we trust u guys.
Tanx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bawizle: 7:51am On Jul 24, 2012
sha_money: My friend felix is goind for his interview in abuja today by 1:30. Goodluck Felix,go and get ur visa and share ur experience.

I'm prepared for 1:30, and i'm coming back with good news. No doubt about that. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by yomifola(m): 7:59am On Jul 24, 2012
bawizle:

I'm prepared for 1:30, and i'm coming back with good news. No doubt about that. Thanks

that'z d spirit my guy.... Go get it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shamoney1: 8:13am On Jul 24, 2012
bawizle:

I trust u bro.. Go and get ur visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by lanrypaddy: 8:27am On Jul 24, 2012
Square65:

According to Kpolli/Obusco these your many many questions hard o! But here's my own piece:

SEVIS Reciept and Uncle's Address
- The last time I checked, only the student's name will be on the SEVIS receipt, abi? The address could be any other person's (you know in the US). A handful of us paid their SEVIS that way. There's no crime in knowing someone in the US. I don't even think he'll question this, so don't worry.

List of Applied Schools
I think this will hint the VO that you are serious about furthering your studies anyway whether locally, in the UK or US. To ME [/b]it's a good impression. The main thing is you need to give [b]STRONG [/b]reasons why you chose US above others, which is one of the standard questions asked.

[b]Low TOEFL

As long as it was high enough for you to be admitted, I do not think you should fret about this. It's "YOU vs VO"

Not Taking the GRE
People are usually advised to take the GRE/GMAT whether or not their school(s) require(s) it. I am not sure how cogent this is as I know many people who did not take the GRE/GMAT and are here in the US for their grad studies. Again, your case is not unusual.

Mother as Sponsor
Very good, of course.

Documentation
It's strange that you have gotten this far, and you are not aware of the necessary documents.

Primary Documents
1) Appointment Confirmation Letter
2) MRV receipt (or whatever it's called now)
3) DS 160 confirmation page
4) 2x2 passport size photograph
5) Nigerian Passport
6) I-20
7) SEVIS Receipt

Secondary Documents
Statement of accounts, school transcripts/certificates, as many documents as you need to support your own peculiar case.

Possible Questions
Start from page 1, part 1 of this thread, I am sure by the time you peruse through you will have overwhelmingly enough!

Appearance
Anything from business casual, semi-formal to formal should be ok. I don't think it's by "knacking" tie and new suit. A nice pair of pants/jeans/chinos with a well tucked in good shirt plus good shoes, I am sure it's a enough to make a good first impression.

My 50 cents ...

Thanks a lot bro Fø̲̣̣я̅ Ʊя̲̅ pieces of advice and information. I have already mailed the school Fø̲̣̣я̅ that GRE request and the Graduate addmission officer has sent M̶̲̥̅ƺ a mail which states that †̥ whom it may concern, GRE Ȋ̝̊̅§ not required by the school, hence, •̸№ need Fø̲̣̣я̅ GRE waiver and that TOEFL Ȋ̝̊̅§ also not needed Fø̲̣̣я̅ student from Nigeria. So I have printed that email conversation Fø̲̣̣я̅ proof.

Also. I already follow this blog and I know about the basic requirements which I have gotten, I just what †̥ put it forward so that Ʊ guys can enlighten M̶̲̥̅ƺ on other requirements.
I really appreciate Ʊя̲̅ comments and by God's grace I will drop M̶̲̥̅Ɣ own positive testimony on this blog after M̶̲̥̅Ɣ interview. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mystiqme: 8:29am On Jul 24, 2012
djunit1:

I was goin to ask the same question! These Naijaland people nor go kill me with laugh!!! All of una genuine na im una dey fast before una go for interview?? Make I stop and continue my laugh jare

Congrats to those wey don get am. And for those wey never get continue tryin(hustlin) GOD Pass them
Lol..I only think what he meant is people that are going to study. Don't read too much into it. How NY?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drdolittle1: 8:30am On Jul 24, 2012
sha_money: My oga imperiouxx and my oga gboyegad, we de look up to una oo,pls no need for d arguement, we are one,wen 2 elephants fite na d grass de suffer am ooo..lol.. D issue can be ironed out witout creatin much fuss I tink its just misunderstandin.. We are one, we trust u guys.
Tanx
I beg my ogas dem (Imperiouxx and Gboyega) make una take am easy.Imperiouxx is not at fault at all in any way cos he only interpreted my first statement(which to me aint wrong in any way) and Mr Gboyega please I do not pray that peeps here do not get their visas o...There is a difference between 'praying for those on my heart' AND 'not praying for those not on my heart'....it doesnt mean I am opposing them o.So I apologize for any scuffle or ruffle my statement might have caused.Hope I am pardoned.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shamoney1: 8:31am On Jul 24, 2012
lanrypaddy:

Thanks a lot bro Fø̲̣̣я̅ Ʊя̲̅ pieces of advice and information. I have already mailed the school Fø̲̣̣я̅ that GRE request and the Graduate addmission officer has sent M̶̲̥̅ƺ a mail which states that †̥ whom it may concern, GRE Ȋ̝̊̅§ not required by the school, hence, •̸№ need Fø̲̣̣я̅ GRE waiver and that TOEFL Ȋ̝̊̅§ also not needed Fø̲̣̣я̅ student from Nigeria. So I have printed that email conversation Fø̲̣̣я̅ proof.

Also. I already follow this blog and I know about the basic requirements which I have gotten, I just what †̥ put it forward so that Ʊ guys can enlighten M̶̲̥̅ƺ on other requirements.
I really appreciate Ʊя̲̅ comments and by God's grace I will drop M̶̲̥̅Ɣ own positive testimony on this blog after M̶̲̥̅Ɣ interview. Thanks.

Yes u will drop dat good testimony by Godz grace..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shamoney1: 8:34am On Jul 24, 2012
dr_dolittle: I beg my ogas dem (Imperiouxx and Gboyega) make una take am easy.Imperiouxx is not at fault at all in any way cos he only interpreted my first statement(which to me aint wrong in any way) and Mr Gboyega please I do not pray that peeps here do not get their visas o...There is a difference between 'praying for those on my heart' AND 'not praying for those not on my heart'....it doesnt mean I am opposing them o.So I apologize for any scuffle or ruffle my statement might have caused.Hope I am pardoned.

Lol,u are pardoned my brother,and I know the 2 gurus,de are good men. Dis is minor.hw preparation my broda?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 8:37am On Jul 24, 2012
dr_dolittle: I beg my ogas dem (Imperiouxx and Gboyega) make una take am easy.Imperiouxx is not at fault at all in any way cos he only interpreted my first statement(which to me aint wrong in any way) and Mr Gboyega please I do not pray that peeps here do not get their visas o...There is a difference between 'praying for those on my heart' AND 'not praying for those not on my heart'....it doesnt mean I am opposing them o.So I apologize for any scuffle or ruffle my statement might have caused.Hope I am pardoned.

I do not have any issue with what you wrote however, I do not see any need stressing it. I wasn't fighting with anyone and I just wrote that so that people do not keep emphasizing on the initial statement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by lanrypaddy: 8:38am On Jul 24, 2012
bawizle:

Nice one M̶̲̥̅Ɣ broda...g̲̅ø̲̣̣̥ and tell the VO that ure worthy studying in the US...share Ʊя̲̅ positive experience ωΐт̃ђ us after the interview by God's grace.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by lanrypaddy: 8:41am On Jul 24, 2012
sha_money:
Yes u will drop dat good testimony by Godz grace..

Thank You M̶̲̥̅Ɣ broda...all will be well by God's grace.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drdolittle1: 8:44am On Jul 24, 2012
GboyegaD:

I do not have any issue with what you wrote however, I do not see any need stressing it. I wasn't fighting with anyone and I just wrote that so that people do not keep emphasizing on the initial statement.
Ok brov..I agree with you...and I think I can interprete ur words to mean...'You are pardoned...case dismissed',right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drdolittle1: 8:46am On Jul 24, 2012
sha_money:

Lol,u are pardoned my brother,and I know the 2 gurus,de are good men. Dis is minor.hw preparation my broda?
Thank you jare my bro...Bros...mmmm....did u say 'preparation'? Mmmmm...anyway sha..God dey..Na cheapest flight man pikin dey find now o...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shamoney1: 8:52am On Jul 24, 2012
dr_dolittle: Thank you jare my bro...Bros...mmmm....did u say 'preparation'? Mmmmm...anyway sha..God dey..Na cheapest flight man pikin dey find now o...
I know na preparation for texas..lol..I tink emirates na 1680 or so,isn't it good enough? Do u have any cheaper dan dat yet?tell me oo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 9:05am On Jul 24, 2012
davidodoctor:

First of all,I give thanks to almighty God..Never underestimate the power of prayers..I fasted for 7 days prior to the interview..Had to apply for emergency interview cos my I waited for all responses from d schools..My appointment was 1:30 in Abuja....the first window was a black American for vip Nigerians,next window was the young white guy sme 1 mentioned earlier in d thread was probably undergoing training,next was the old white man,followed by the young inquisitive lady that held one young undergraduate for close to 20mins befre granting him..
Here's the interview...was depressed neatly in hawes and curtis formal shirt and slacks with pointed toes..I met the young white guy.

Me:Smiling as if I won a lottery...Good morning sir
V.o: Gud morning sir..pls pass ur documents ..
He went thru my Application for about 2 mins...I didn't take my gaze of his eyes....he was looking fr smethin..then I realized...my old passport with my old us visa(visiting) was in my folder..
v.o:Do u have another passport....
Me:Smiling,I passed it to him
V.O: how many times have u bin to the U.s and what for
Me:twice,went on vacation for a few months
V.O:Why do u want to go to d us
Me: For my graduate studies
V.O: why this school?

Me:the school is among the top 10 schools on world ranking..they receive enormous funding for research and they have wonderful research laboratories and equipment..
V.O: U have a medical degree,y mph?
Me:My major would help me greatly in being accepted for residency in Nigeria for this specialty..I then told him some serious stuff on statistics on diseases in Nigeria and need for professionals in my field..
V.O: If u dnt mind me asking.How much do ur parents make in a year and their jobs..
Me: I told him..(I am from a very comfortable home..smiley )
V.O: how many schools did u apply to and how many accepted..
Me.:applied to 6,accepted 3.wait listed 1 and rejected 2...he smiled like of cos when I told him the 2 schools..they are the best in united states

v.o:looking directly into my eye:Do u intend to work in the U.s
Mesadstaring back at him like say na fight)...No I don't
V.O:How many siblings do u have and where are they?
Me: I and my sister...she is a student here in Nigeria
V.O:do u have an idea of her tuition fees?
Me: yes I do..told him(huge sum)
V.o: do u have a job now?
Me : yes,I have a letter granting me leave for the duration of my course...can I show u?
V.o: yes.,collects it ..and read..(that was d only document asked for oooo...with the whole library wey I bring)
V.o: raises up my visa collection sheet and explains how I wld pick my visa up..
Me : thank you sir...as I turned...I did a lil punch in d air saying Yesss..
Hallelujah !!!!!!!!!

Congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 9:16am On Jul 24, 2012
sha_money:
I know na preparation for texas..lol..I tink emirates na 1680 or so,isn't it good enough? Do u have any cheaper dan dat yet?tell me oo.

Una still dey watch cheap price. . . I hope u guys know prices increase, they don't drop
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Paywole: 9:25am On Jul 24, 2012
kpolli:

Una still dey watch cheap price. . . I hope u guys know prices increase, they don't drop
@sha_money abeg did you go with your high school transcripts
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by lanrypaddy: 9:31am On Jul 24, 2012
moroh:
I actually served in your department between 2009 and 2010.

@moroh D̶̲̥̅̊âŧ'š 9ce †̥ hear that You served in M̶̲̥̅Ɣ department. Which course did You finished from and 4rm which school? Wr are Ʊ nw prescisely? Please let M̶̲̥̅ƺ know M̶̲̥̅Ɣ interview Ȋ̝̊̅§ early August...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by geeee: 10:18am On Jul 24, 2012
hello huse,got my visa today at lagos.It was Gods' favour. My interview was so short and goes thus

VO:Morning
Me:Morning
VO:What course do you want to study?
ME:Management Information Systems
VO:How did u hear abt TSU?
ME:Got some informations on USnews anduniversities.com .Also TSU MIS is more focused in Supply Chain Management and we have few professionals in that field
VO:Do u have any relations in USA?
ME:Yes, an uncle but he stays in Newyork
VO:What's the duration of your corse?
Me:24months
VO:Who is sponsoring u?
ME:My parents
VO:What do they do?
ME:my mum works in UK and popman has a company in NIgeria
VO: Wht have u been doing?
ME: I stopped work in January in order for me to prepare for my GMAT whch i wrote in MArch
VO:Wats your score?
ME:I told him
VO: Have u traveelled b4?
ME:YES
VO: where, how many times and wat was the longest duration?
ME:i said ukav been there 3 times and the longest was 1 month and 2weeks(that was wen i finished from uni waiting to go for NYSC)
VO:oh k,u went to see ur mum. Pick up ur passport at ikeja on friday.

That was all,he didnt ask for any of my documents.

I really appreciate you Nairalanders.Godbless you richly
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drdolittle1: 10:37am On Jul 24, 2012
geeee: hello huse,got my visa today at lagos.It was Gods' favour. My interview was so short and goes thus

AMENNNNN!!!!! Congrats brov. Happy for you. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 10:39am On Jul 24, 2012
rowlandoo: @ obusco4lyfe
Where u de . U shud just tell me what u feel
bros! I'm very sowie, bin busy....send me a mail 4 more info
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drdolittle1: 10:39am On Jul 24, 2012
sha_money:

Bros na emirates cheap pass for now o...The rest na die!!! shocked Just grab it if you can cos from my observations for the past few weeks, seems the price has been on the increase.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 10:58am On Jul 24, 2012
geeee: hello huse,got my visa today at lagos.It was Gods' favour. My interview was so short and goes thus

ME:Got some informations on USnews anduniversities.com .Also TSU MIS is more focused in Supply Chain Management and we have few professionals in that field
ME: I stopped work in January in order for me to prepare for my GMAT whch i wrote in MArch
ME:i said ukav been there 3 times and the longest was 1 month and 2weeks(that was wen i finished from uni waiting to go for NYSC)

Congrats babe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by geeee: 10:59am On Jul 24, 2012
kpolli:

Congrats bro

i be babe ooo.thanx man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by geeee: 11:05am On Jul 24, 2012
dr_dolittle:

AMENNNNN!!!!! Congrats brov. Happy for you. cheesy
Thanx man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 24, 2012
geeee:

i be babe ooo.thanx man

Oh babe! Congrats! I will be there August 2nd. Wish me some luck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 11:10am On Jul 24, 2012
geeee:

i be babe ooo.thanx man

Modified wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by lanrypaddy: 11:13am On Jul 24, 2012
walex57:
Guy...i'm also a graduate of unilorin and i went for my interview some weeks ago...we'll there's nothing wrong with your profile here and i can say you're good to go...just have your confidence...i also got admission into a UK school and another institution in Nigeria and i must tell you it was a strong point 'cos it shows you're a serious student and not desperate...if asked why you chose CCSU just tell the VO that was the school that offered you admission in the area of your interest...know your area of interest and about the school and you're good to go...your mum being your sponsor is also a great point on your side...don't bother about the sevis receipt, they understand that nigerians cannot pay from here...the address on mine was cotonou cos that was where i paid...if asked how many universities you appled to...tell the VO that CCSU, the two schools in UK and OAU in ife...that'll do...there's no need to panic or lie ok...the VO may not even to see a single document...if you can write to the school to get you a waiver letter on your GRE, please do and if you cannot...just go with your confidence...wish you all the best and come share your testimony also...cheers

Greatest unilorite!!! I'm glad 2 meet M̶̲̥̅Ɣ fellow alumnus...I appreciate Ʊя̲̅ words of encouragement and I will also work on that accordingly...did You did Ʊя̲̅ interview @ lagos embassy? Pls let M̶̲̥̅ƺ knw which counter Ȋ̝̊̅§ best in giving visa and wu 2 avoid...wr are Ʊ nw?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drdolittle1: 11:21am On Jul 24, 2012
geeee:

i be babe ooo.thanx man

Oh! shocked Sorry beibe! grin Congrats o beiiibe! grin cool Welcome to the league of extra-ordinary gentlemen (and a few chicks too sha)grin cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by lanrypaddy: 11:23am On Jul 24, 2012

Congrats 2u...I'm always happy when I hear that M̶̲̥̅Ɣ fellow nairalander Ȋ̝̊̅§ being issue visa especially @ lagos embassy coz that Ȋ̝̊̅§ wr I will be going 4 M̶̲̥̅Ɣ interview in 2 weeks time. Pls jist M̶̲̥̅ƺ about lagos embassy and the VOs @ various counters...who among dem issue Ʊ d visa? Pls M̶̲̥̅Ɣ fellow peeps should pray 4 M̶̲̥̅ƺ too...

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.