Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,819 members, 7,938,418 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:54 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (311793 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by emmanuelkim: 3:29am On Jul 27, 2012
bigfrancis21: Hello guys, I came across this page and i thought i'd share it with you.

F-1 visa: how does a visa officer think
1. Show me your GRE score card?
Purpose: The Visa Officer wants to see your academic abilities.
Good Answer: Just show with a smile, looking in his/her eyes, no need to talk.
Bad Answers: I do not have my GRE score report/ I never took the GRE test.

2. Why do you want to study at Univ xyz?
Purpose: The Visa Officer wants to see your preparedness and focus on studies.
Good Answers: Prestigious University with world ranking, Research areas match my interest/ I have funding.
Bad Answers: Low fees/ My brother is in the same city.

3. Where all did you apply?
Purpose: The Visa Officer is trying to analyze whether your purpose is studying or somehow reaching USA.
Good Answer: I applied to A, B, C and D. – Whatever is the honest answer. If applied to more than 5, can mention 5.
Bad Answer: I applied only to this university A, where I am admitted [Rejection imminent, unless that university is very famous]

4. Do you have any relatives in USA?
Purpose: The Visa Officer is trying to analyze your ties to USA.
Good Answers: My elder brother / Nobody [whatever is true]. You should not mention cousins or uncles. Only mention direct relations, eg, Parents, Siblings, Spouse, as per the visa questionnaire.
Bad Answer: My second cousin and his friend live in USA.

5. What are your future plans?
Purpose: The Visa Officer is trying to analyze your ties to your own country.
Good Answer: Work in my country as….
Bad Answers: Work in USA/ I have not thought. [You are perhaps lying, but truth will lead to certain rejection - Sorry, this is how the system is designed]
Above is the only example where we advise to tell what is expected answer, not necessarily the truth. VO is legally bound to reject the visa if you say I want to work in the USA. They know that most people do not come back.

6. Who is paying for your education?
Purpose: The Visa Officer is trying to see if you can afford the education, else you will work illegally and stick around in USA.
Good Answesrs: Got a RA/ My father will pay out of his savings.
Bad Answers: Bank Loan/Sell property. Any fraud answer.

7. What is your area of research?
Purpose: The Visa Officer wants to see your preparedness and focus on studies.
Good Answer: True and simple short answer.
Bad Answers: Vauge answer, Not decided yet, too generic answer, example, I want to do research in Electrical Engineering.

8. Show me your degree certificate?
Purpose: The Visa Officer wants to see your authenticity. They sometimes look at the degree across the light, in a way some people check the authenticity of a currency note/bill.
Good Answer: Just show with a smile, make eye contact, no need to talk. Provisional degree is acceptable.
Bad Answers: No degree or even provisional/temporary one. Degree in a non-English language, unless that is very common in your country.

9. Why do you want to go to USA?
Purpose: The Visa Officer is trying to analyze your ties to USA.
Good Answers: Top universities in the world, exposure to current developments and research. Opportunity to experience the diverse culture alongwith top quality education.
Bad Answers: Going to USA is a childhood dream. US is a great country, I like USA a lot. I love US Dollars.

10. How many brothers and sisters do you have?
Purpose: The Visa Officer is trying to analyze your ties to your own country.
Good Answer: True answer. Never hide existence of siblings wheter they live in your own country or USA.
Bad Answer: Any false answer.

Good luck to all visa applicants. Confidence and honesty [except on item 5] is the key to success.

http://app2us.com/blog/visa/f-1-visa-how-does-a-visa-officer-think/

I Have read this trend b4, Godbless the author of this post

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by FindOut(m): 5:00am On Jul 27, 2012
imperiouxx:

I got my admission since June 2011 for Fall semester but thing didn't work as we thought, so I have to deferred the admission to spring 2012 and went for the first interview in Dec.

OK, thanx man. U r appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Baiyewu: 5:54am On Jul 27, 2012
phy: @deevick246, it's painful that some VOs take the GRE thing too far, unfortunately, appeal process is a long route. If you still have time, I'll advise you write your school asking for a waiver letter for GRE, however, we don't know who the next VO is but I'm sure it's not going to be the same VO. I just feel you deserve the visa. Imperiouxx got it the second time because of the initial GRE stuff, you may want to borrow from his audacity.
i just want re-emphasize this gre stufff. Everybody that want a fail proof VI should do it irrespective. The Vo asked for the name, location of the test and the structure of the quant. Reasonin. So my advice is that pple should take gre very serious more xpecially those with one form of scholarship or the other
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jimtosam: 7:26am On Jul 27, 2012
folar: Thank you guys for this forum.I am an F1 visa applicant scheduled for interview next week but yet to get my official GRE report.ETS sends report by only regular mail and the previous one sent was misplaced in transit by NIPOST.Can i present an online print out of my result instead? I wrote IELTS and not TOEFL because either is acceptable by my sch and ease of getting IELTS results through courier service.How does that affect my chances?

Present online print out.If you check past post, you will discover people have collected their VISA using online print out. You can print colour. If question is raised, tell them about inefficiency of NIPOST. May be it has been lost in transit.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jimtosam: 7:37am On Jul 27, 2012
imperiouxx:

Don't you know where we know each other and begin chatting? It was about GMAT in June 2011. You said you are going for GMAT but not GRE and still I got both the two for you in Oct 2011. Later this year when I got to school you asked that I send you TOEFL materials and because of you I downloaded those TOEFL material I'm sending to others now and send it to you then including the links in case you need more yourself. Anyone who I ever sent those materials to, should help check if you won't see deevick email among please. The body of these mails is this from my yahoo

GRE material to deevick

--- On Fri, 10/14/11, imperiouxx<imperiouxx yahoo com> wrote:

Subject: This Is The Must Have of All (FIRST SET)
To: akinwolekay gmail com, deevick246 yahoo com, mantao56 yahoo com, webstradamus1 gmail com
Date: Friday, October 14, 2011, 12:53 PM

Download them one after the other first then extract the first which link you with the second and so on. If one is missing the extraction fails.

TOEFL material to deevick

Feb 10 5:00 PM
imperiouxx:TOEFL Materials from Kaplan ===300MB https://rapidshare.com/files/3030172/kapibt.part1.rar https://rapidshare.com/files/3030239/kapibt.part2.rar https://rapidshare.com/files/3028513/kapibt.part3.rar Audio CD guard to TOEFL ====== 113MB https://rapidshare.com/files/3030101/guidecd.part2.rar https://rapidshare.com/files/3032919/guidecd.part1.rar
Feb 10 5:01 PM
imperiouxx:Audio CD guard to TOEFL ====== 113MB https://rapidshare.com/files/3030101/guidecd.part2.rar https://rapidshare.com/files/3032919/guidecd.part1.rar
Feb 10 5:09 PM
imperiouxx:Check your mailbox now deevick246 yahoo com. I have attached some materials there for you. Good luck! .

You didn't say all these again till now. Anyway, I will still resend them now.

Imperiouxx, I really appreciate your concern to prove your point to the house but Email is private if not, you would have had address with no password.We love you and you have been so great. What you just did may make everyone in the house to be scared of sending you confidential matters by email cos one day issues may arise and you will paste it public.
@ Deevick, you are bouncing back.It is not over until you win.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 27, 2012
deevick246:

Na who say make you comment for wetin nor concern you? Did I ever say imperiouxx was my agent? Maybe you might need to know that myself and imperiouxxx do have conversation outside this thread. Please learn to mind your business.

This attitude will never help you. So only u and him have private conservations? I know you are hurting but come on and help yourself.You are just too rude and that was why he pasted those close-to-nothing conversations! Some have gotten visas before and could not go or went and died. Help yourself guy!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 8:49am On Jul 27, 2012
ferdiii:

This attitude will never help you. So only u and him have private conservations? I know you are hurting but come on and help yourself.You are just too rude and that was why he pasted those close-to-nothing conversations! Some have gotten visas before and could not go or went and died. Help yourself guy!

I am not hurting as you think, if I was do u think I would have the effrontery to paste my visa interview experience for the public consumption? At least a lot of people don't come back here to share their visa refusal experience here. I did because I owe the house that responsibility and going to America for my studies itself is not an end but rather a means to an end. See, God knows best and I can't question Him. You don't even know me that much to judge me that I am rude. I think I have made many friends here and a lot of them can testify if I have ever behaved immature to them. Let this issue lay to rest, in the first place this conversation did not include you in anyway.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 8:53am On Jul 27, 2012
jimtosam:

Imperiouxx, I really appreciate your concern to prove your point to the house but Email is private if not, you would have had address with no password.We love you and you have been so great. What you just did may make everyone in the house to be scared of sending you confidential matters by email cos one day issues may arise and you will paste it public.
@ Deevick, you are bouncing back.It is not over until you win.

Thanks man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by FindOut(m): 9:58am On Jul 27, 2012
seedord247:

Please dont bring the nairaland insultive mentality into this thread. Save it for other sections. Must you resort to insults to make a point? & who told you the poster you quoted hasnt been denied before? Even the person you r defending has come out to say he's not hurting. To be frank, i too was of the opinion that Deevick was rude to Imperiouxx initially, but apparently, he doesnt think so, & matters have been settled. You dont have to come here to start fanning embers of hatred. God doesnt like that & its irritating to our sensibilities as well.

If you'll post a rejoinder to this post, I appeal to you to keep it clear of insults directed at my person or anyone else, but should you choose to ignore this appeal, be rest assured i'll ignore your comment as well.

Let us keep things clean here & get back to useful & important discussions as they relate to this thread's title.

@Ferdii, please do not reply the insults. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 10:17am On Jul 27, 2012
Please guys...let's not fight...what do we stand to gain from it...most of us are graduate students and we're behaving like dis....let's rally round our bros nd siss dat have been denied and offer our useful advice at d same time appreciate those that are taking their time to assist... Any one may decide to stop posting on this forum again...una go kill am?...please let's stop all these...deevick nd imperiouxx are like brothers to me and i won't want any misunderstanding (already settled) to be magnified by anyone here...let's move on with the objective of this thread...thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drdolittle1: 10:22am On Jul 27, 2012
Find Out!:

Please dont bring the nairaland insultive mentality into this thread. Save it for other sections. Must you resort to insults to make a point? & who told you the poster you quoted hasnt been denied before? Even the person you r defending has come out to say he's not hurting. To be frank, i too was of the opinion that Deevick was rude to Imperiouxx initially, but apparently, he doesnt think so, & matters have been settled. You dont have to come here to start fanning embers of hatred. God doesnt like that & its irritating to our sensibilities as well.

If you'll post a rejoinder to this post, I appeal to you to keep it clear of insults directed at my person or anyone else, but should you choose to ignore this appeal, be rest assured i'll ignore your comment as well.

Let us keep things clean here & get back to useful & important discussions as they relate to this thread's title.

@Ferdii, please do not reply the insults. Thanks
Bros..rest assured every of your word is seconded by me.God bless you..Please everyone...no room for insult of any sort here o...I beg..We are all one big family and no discord should tear us apart.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 10:51am On Jul 27, 2012
Come on guys, no need for fighting here. This thread is the longest thread on nairaland and has not been characterised by fighting. Please, no taking of issues personal here. We help each other here. Please guys.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by yomifola(m): 11:30am On Jul 27, 2012
Wat nonsens... 4 GOD'z sake, we r nt GIRLZ here, we r MEN so why bhvin lik dis? Fightin ova notin. Plz wise up lik justwise...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2012
Baiyewu, I did not get to hear from you anymore. Have u gone for your interview? I provided my real email addy ...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by DEJAY1: 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2012
Hello house,pls wat r my chances @interview with my o-levels alone even tho am going to an instituite/college.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 1:41pm On Jul 27, 2012
DEJAY1: Hello house,pls wat r my chances @interview with my o-levels alone even tho am going to an instituite/college.

We are not God so we don't know, but if u are clearer wiv ur question, we can help u

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by product: 1:53pm On Jul 27, 2012
Zone 2 Zone:

@deevick246, it is so painful to hear about your story, Please don`t allow this to way you down. NEVER SAY NEVER attitude is what we need to be there. Am going to reapply too but I just have to wait to I amend my Bleep up before I return for my own VISA.

Brouv

There 7th of august available in abuja right now . RunRun .m...Run .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by rowlandoo: 2:02pm On Jul 27, 2012
@ Ozone 2 Ozone

There is a date for 7th of august in abuja right now . Grab that date .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 2:20pm On Jul 27, 2012
@chizzy86...i notice u dey view dis thread steady...say something...let's flow... grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by lanrypaddy: 2:37pm On Jul 27, 2012
Please house if being asked by d VO dat y d̶̲̥̅̊i̶̲̥̅̊$ skol, I wish †̥ say
I'm highly interested in the ongoing research area at the department of biology which Ȋ̝̊̅§ based on global warming that this will be useful in Nigeria as M̶̲̥̅Ɣ pple need 2 be sentisized on the effect of this global warming(nothing of this research and I can't even figure out any past or current research in M̶̲̥̅Ɣ school dept..but I jst wanna lie... †̥ all d gurus in da ous, op this make sense 2u or what can I say...pls reply as M̶̲̥̅Ɣ interview Ȋ̝̊̅§ fast approaching.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Baiyewu: 2:38pm On Jul 27, 2012
Square65: Baiyewu, I did not get to hear from you anymore. Have u gone for your interview? I provided my real email addy ...
i did not get the mail o. Pls i still need to chat with u oh. My visa interview was very successful. I photocpy ur response since na de same sch and course we dey do
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by nifty: 2:39pm On Jul 27, 2012
hello everyone am new to this thread but i have a question to ask...i recently got an immigration visa to the us and am in my final year in nigeria am currently in the us i had the motion of coming back to complete my education before moving finally then maybe i can apply for masters or take a transfer to an american university and go back to 3ooL....AM A computer science student can i get into a masters program here in us after finishing my nigerian degree or i should just taken a transfer?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 2:42pm On Jul 27, 2012
product:

Brouv

There 7th of august available in abuja right now . RunRun .m...Run .

Thanks man. Like I said in my earlier post, I have already resolved to differ my admission. I know everything will be fine.
At everyone disappointed or downcasted as a result of my visa denial I am sorry and I hope and pray to make up for whatever heart disturbance I caused next time, I show up for the interview. And there is really no reason\need for quarrels here, I am a peace lover and me and imperiouxxxx are friends and will remain friends. So I plead let there be peace. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by chizzy86(f): 2:51pm On Jul 27, 2012
walex57: @chizzy86...i notice u dey view dis thread steady...say something...let's flow... grin
grin oh my. So you don catch me. Na silent I dey o. Am learning from you guys.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:17pm On Jul 27, 2012
imperiouxx:

Don't you know where we know each other and begin chatting? It was about GMAT in June 2011. You said you are going for GMAT but not GRE and still I got both the two for you in Oct 2011. Later this year when I got to school you asked that I send you TOEFL materials and because of you I downloaded those TOEFL material I'm sending to others now and send it to you then including the links in case you need more yourself. Anyone who I ever sent those materials to, should help check if you won't see deevick email among please. You didn't say all these again till now. Anyway, I will still resend them now.

My reply is modified but let's know one thing, the kind of mood of your question begs for the kind of answer you get and no doubt about it.

@jimtosam,

About email conversation you talk about, I'm a reasonable person...ok! and I don't have issue with people on that. I and deevick discussed more than that in the past but I want you to go back and read his first post very well. Then tell me if that's a good way of request. Questions are: Why can't he writes me privately when he knows how he can reach me? Why should he alleged me publicly so that it seems as if I contributed to his denial? We need to think deep before we say or do somethings. If you are on the side that I should remove the conversation....fine! but your other comment isn't acceptable at all. See I don't beg people for their emails and I don't support it too, in the past I posted the link for the download on NL but later the FBI blocked all the sites the materials can be downloaded, that was when I asked for email for me to get them across.

@ferdiii,

Thank you. I'm glad you guys can see that I send the materials to anyone that ask for it.

@deevick,

You go public first. If you have any grudge towards me lemme know and next time private accusation would have been entertained better. Even the start of the email you sent concerning this issue is insulting and I will take it like that. Best of luck to you.

@those who quoted the post,

Please edit it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by lanrypaddy: 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2012
lanrypaddy: Please house if being asked by d VO dat y d̶̲̥̅̊i̶̲̥̅̊$ skol, I wish †̥ say
I'm highly interested in the ongoing research area at the department of biology which Ȋ̝̊̅§ based on global warming that this will be useful in Nigeria as M̶̲̥̅Ɣ pple need 2 be sentisized on the effect of this global warming(nothing of this research and I can't even figure out any past or current research in M̶̲̥̅Ɣ school dept..but I jst wanna lie... †̥ all d gurus in da ous, op this make sense 2u or what can I say...pls reply as M̶̲̥̅Ɣ interview Ȋ̝̊̅§ fast approaching.

Pls house respond †̥ this M̶̲̥̅Ɣ question...I'm expecting.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mystiqme: 3:56pm On Jul 27, 2012
lanrypaddy:

Pls house respond †̥ this M̶̲̥̅Ɣ question...I'm expecting.
Its ok for you to talk about your interest in ongoing research. However, be careful not to cram so you don't get stuck on that day. To support that statement you can mention a Professor's name and indicate your interest in his research.
Other points may bother on the curriculum of your department as different from other similar departments and the reputation of your school. Check the school's website thoroughly, they always have something to boast about so you should leverage on that. All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 4:09pm On Jul 27, 2012
imperiouxx:

My reply is modified but let's know one thing, the kind of mood of your question begs for the kind of answer you get and no doubt about it.

@jimtosam,

About email conversation you talk about, I'm a reasonable person...ok! and I don't have issue with people on that. I and deevick discussed more than that in the past but I want you to go back and read his first post very well. Then tell me if that's a good way of request. Questions are: Why can't he writes me privately when he knows how he can reach me? Why should he alleged me publicly so that it seems as if I contributed to his denial? We need to think deep before we say or do somethings. If you are on the side that I should remove the conversation....fine! but your other comment isn't acceptable at all. See I don't beg people for their emails and I don't support it too, in the past I posted the link for the download on NL but later the FBI blocked all the sites the materials can be downloaded, that was when I asked for email for me to get them across.

@ferdiii,

Thank you. I'm glad you guys can see that I send the materials to anyone that ask for it.

@deevick,

You go public first. If you have any grudge towards me lemme know and next time private accusation would have been entertained better. Even the start of the email you sent concerning this issue is insulting and I will take it like that. Best of luck to you.

@those who quoted the post,

Please edit it.

@ imperiouxxx,
I honestly didn't have the slightest imagination that you might mis- interpret my earlier but now edited post as if I was trying to shift blames on you for my refusal, why would I do that? or were you the V0 who asked for the GRE? For goodness sake, I didn't think it that way. Most times when I send you email and even send to your facebook account self...shei be you dey always say you are very busy and so you hardly reply and that I understand because of the heavy educational curriculum for yankee. Me nor blame anybody for my refusal ooo, I know say God's time is the best.
Thanks for sending the GRE materials, I am already perusing them. That GRE sample questions tagged "this is the sweetest" is really sweet ooo, there is plenty of sugar and honey inside cheesy cheesy cheesy Thanks man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 4:46pm On Jul 27, 2012
nifty: hello everyone am new to this thread but i have a question to ask...i recently got an immigration visa to the us and am in my final year in nigeria am currently in the us i had the motion of coming back to complete my education before moving finally then maybe i can apply for masters or take a transfer to an american university and go back to 3ooL....AM A computer science student can i get into a masters program here in us after finishing my nigerian degree or i should just taken a transfer?

Please clarify me, how did you get the immigration visa, via a family member in the US?
Okay, I think immigrant visas have a time period or so in which the owner can migrate to the US. I'm not sure about this. The best answer you can get would be from an US immigration officer or someone well grounded in the visa-immigration thing. I hope this helps.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 27, 2012
When another country is claimed:

Someone I know got an e-mail from KCC on 13/07/2012 with a link that has his confirmation number DV2012 and he won. So hidden winners exist after all. Please he needs to know how to start as he deliberately chose Seychelles instead of Nigeria to gain advantage as Seychelles do not play much. That paid off. Should he get KCC the DSP and DS forms and hunt for his Seychelles' Passport and Birth Cert.?

Or can he just go with Nigeria Passport?

I know this is not the place but since this forum is the most active abeg let me have something when he calls.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.