Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,144 members, 7,903,764 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 08:15 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (310924 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drdolittle1: 5:51pm On Jul 25, 2012
Paywole: na me bro

Paywole..I am very sorry about that... but please don't be downcast o. You will surely get it soon. wink Hope you don't mind letting us know how it all went.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Paywole: 6:38pm On Jul 25, 2012
Got to the embassy for the 10:00am appointment to cut mumu story jor
This is where everything went wrong
After giving him story that I have been working in my dads automobile company for some years that I know it will cover the whole gap btw my year of graduation till present.
Vo:Now as I can see you have enough experience in the field you want to go study then y do u want to go to us again
Me:I cudnt say something convincing inside me I know I have been denied no doubt even the next question I didn't want to ans him feeling rily down
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 6:59pm On Jul 25, 2012
Paywole: Got to the embassy for the 10:00am appointment to cut mumu story jor
After giving him story that I have been working in my dads automobile company for some years that I know it will cover the whole gap btw my year of graduation till present.
Vo:Now as I can see you have enough experience in the field you want to go study then y do u want to go to us again
Me:I cudnt say something convincing inside me I know I have been denied no doubt even the next question I didn't want to ans him feeling rily down

Cos us wud give u the practical knowledge of how to move the company forward. . . The company is bout to upgrade to the latest form of technology in this field n instead of bringng expatriates to implement n train the staff, u wud do that.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Zone2Zone: 7:20pm On Jul 25, 2012
rowlandoo:

I dey see october , You ?

Na so brouv , am going to abuja I have got reason to be granted .

Samething here oh,

I want you to update me of any early date in August, cos my school resume 27 August. Am going to make it count this time. You don apply for emergency date and upload your I - 20 to them. Anyway or anyhow it goes keep me posted broda.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Paywole: 7:26pm On Jul 25, 2012
kpolli:

Cos us wud give u the practical knowledge of how to move the company forward. . . The company is bout to upgrade to the latest form of technology in this field n instead of bringng expatriates to implement n train the staff, u wud do that.
mehn! Kpolli u da bomb thru thru too much brain you've gat
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:27pm On Jul 25, 2012
Paywole: Got to the embassy for the 10:00am appointment to cut mumu story jor

Your good answer such as kpolli said would have being the visa for you. I had 3 years post experience before coming for my master. I have ready made reply to any VO that ask why you wanna study the course again after your years of experience. Experience is like human achievement, it has no limit. Doctor wants to become professor, a professor wants to get more achievement, Mr president wants more money and fame, Senators like to contest for presidential election. Many of you guys are fortunate, really! Many failed to prepare for this interview very well and still get it by luck and those unfortunate are denied

kpolli:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Paywole: 7:30pm On Jul 25, 2012
And d man was about to issue me d visa devil jus tipped him with that bad question that caught me unawares still feeling confused
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by NawaO1(m): 7:32pm On Jul 25, 2012
walex57:

My personal person...lemme be the first to congratulate you....don't worry you don get the visa...so far the green ticket is with you and you got a form 221g...it make take a lil while but you'll get it...congrats bro...i don tell you before nah...

@walex57 u get mouth. It is true u said it.I know say God D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ sha and all things will turn out fine in the end
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:39pm On Jul 25, 2012
bigfrancis21: @imperioux

Are you studying in Texas?

New Mexico. Some hours drive from West Texas.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drdolittle1: 8:44pm On Jul 25, 2012
Paywole: And d man was about to issue me d visa devil jus tipped him with that bad question that caught me unawares still feeling confused

Don't mind the man joor! But try to brace up against questions like that next time...cos they can be PITFALLS during visa interviews. Just have it in mind that the USA is at the fore-front of technological advancement and so you will like to get more scientifically validated and environment-friendly knowledge alongside quality research skills in your intended field of study,in order improve your coys production and work...and possibly your country's. By God's mercy and grace, I believe you will be cleared for the visa soon enough. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 9:43pm On Jul 25, 2012
Na wa O:

@walex57 u get mouth. It is true u said it.I know say God D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ sha and all things will turn out fine in the end

Definitely....start preparing for your travel...the embassy hardly denies people with form 221g...just expect their call...ok...we go pop suntin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by djunit1(m): 11:30pm On Jul 25, 2012
Nice to hear about you, guy....II just think about the issue a few days ago.

In my opinion, if you see work outside school do am...As long as you no lie for your application no body go do anything to you. The only time wahala go dey na if you go lie say you be citizen or immigrant like many people here dey lie. With the truth, if they have to punish any body na the employer them go punish.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sexybol(m): 12:27am On Jul 26, 2012
House Help. I came across a work study program in the US through www.htirboard.com, i applied for a Masters of Science in Information System and was offered a place in Coleman University but am confused on some issues.
1. Can i use this admission to obtain a student visa to US
2. I have a background in a different field, Civil Engr, and the school advises that i need not write GRE, my fear is with this condition will i be considered for a visa
3. I am suppose to pay a deposit any moment from now, can i still meet up for Sept. although the school promised that they will indicate that i can resume at least 3 weeks late.
Over to eveyone help me to take the right decision.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 12:54am On Jul 26, 2012
sexybol: House Help. I came across a work study program in the US through www.htirboard.com, i applied for a Masters of Science in Information System and was offered a place in Coleman University but am confused on some issues.
2. I have a background in a different field, Civil Engr, and the school advises that i need not write GRE, my fear is with this condition will i be considered for a visa
3. I am suppose to pay a deposit any moment from now, can i still meet up for Sept. although the school promised that they will indicate that i can resume at least 3 weeks late.
Over to everyone help me to take the right decision.

1) If it regular student admission, then that shouldn't be any problem in securing the visa.
2) That's is left to you to work on and defend if asked why you wanna change course.
3) Very close. You can try it anyway since the school said you can come in three weeks late, that means you will resume around Oct but it gonna be rush rush.

But to me, I don't trust this program. Why not apply to a more public school you wish. This admission program might be cheap to get but later on be a pain in the a*s
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by djunit1(m): 4:32am On Jul 26, 2012
This time two years I dey on my feet smilin in front of that wowo oyinbo man and two years later I am still smilin... Na ONLY GOD....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by phy: 4:54am On Jul 26, 2012
On off-campus jobs, if you are going to do any of such, pls make sure it is under the table no SSN and no direct deposit. These could affect your future filing. But personally, I'll advise that you try to get on-campus job.

@paywole, kpolli answered your question well. This was one of my interview questions and I responded by relating challenges in my industry to how my major will help provide solution.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by emmanuelkim: 5:26am On Jul 26, 2012
Hello Naira landers, Please I need an answer to this questions, please put yourself in my shoes to give me a concrete solution,
Am currently working As an ICT supervisor in school and also assisting a lecturer(but no cash o), but I read Agricultural science Education, In my last DS-160 Form that I submitted to Abuja I put not employed, During my interview in July 2012, The VO did not ask me about my last/ current JOB.I will be going back to Abuja for spring interview, please do I need to put employed in my new ds-160 form? but what I need to know is should I put that I am working? As the salary is as low as nothing, or should I put it as it technician, please advise me, but my dad is still the one sponsoring me and all document remain the same
Or should I put my poultry as where I work? What about if the VO ask me what I be doing since what would I say, am saying this because
1. The salary is too small and no pay slip to show, but even in my current job is even no pay slip too
2. In my last DS-160, I put Not employed,
Please advise me, My reschedule interview that I book was in October, I cancel it because when I called the international advisor, the lady said that October interview for spring is too early and moreover they have not re-sent my new I-20 form, please should I fill January 2 2013, If they might give us free as after the break or should I use November 2012, please I need your advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fittty(m): 8:05am On Jul 26, 2012
smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by product: 9:42am On Jul 26, 2012
fittty: Guys I'm about applying for Spring 2013. Can I ask my sponsor to print out his bank statement now cos he travels a lot and might not be available for me when I want to go for interview around december. My school requested for the statement too can I just telll him to print out 2copies den send one to d school and keep the other for my interview which would be around december Is it too early to print out d copy for d Interview ??

Its kinda to early to print out bank documents for interview , the transactions has to be up to six months which if u printout now wud be of no proof that u can fund ur studies by december wen u go for ur interview . U can send to school tru Fax as at now don't matter .
Hope this help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 9:53am On Jul 26, 2012
sexybol: House Help. I came across a work study program in the US through www.htirboard.com, i applied for a Masters of Science in Information System and was offered a place in Coleman University but am confused on some issues.
Over to eveyone help me to take the right decision.

Please check an accreditation site to find out if that skool is accredited. . . I just checked their site out and didn't strike me as one. . . Sorry to say
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Paywole: 10:25am On Jul 26, 2012
@house pls am thinking of going back to the ebassy again wit my community college i-20 or maybe re apply to a university but this tym different course hope this won't count against me because I don't know if the VO will be thinking y I had to change course again with my first story
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 10:43am On Jul 26, 2012
Paywole: @house pls am thinking of going back to the ebassy again wit my community college i-20 or maybe re apply to a university but this tym different course hope this won't count against me because I don't know if the VO will be thinking y I had to change course again with my first story

You almost got it, y change it now?
Plus isn't that the course u really wanna study?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 12:07pm On Jul 26, 2012
I was refused today by the V0 at counter 6 (Lagos). This is how it went down:
I was not praying for the VO because he was spending a lot of time with applicants and he rejected a lot of applicants.
VO: the sighed me as I was walking across to him. Good morning, pass me your documents pls.
ME: good morning sir, here they are
VO: ok can you bring up your case...
ME: I was like na which one be bring up your case again. I asked him to repeat himself and he said it again. So I got it that he want me to tell him what I am here for. Na so I start by saying, I am going to study Masters in Public Administration at ..... University, then defined Public Administration as a disciplined which broadly deals with good governance, human relations and the society at large and also focuses on the implementation of government policies, programmes and activities for the betterment of the citizens. I choose to study masters in PA because I have a keen interest in good governance in Nigeria.
V0: ok, why this school?
ME: because the university offers excellence career preparation in public administration which a real world learning experience.
VO: Have u travel out of Nigeria before?
ME: no, there has not been a need to.
VO: ok, are u married?
ME: No.
VO: where do u work?
ME: I told him.
VO: who is paying for your fees.
ME: my dad.
VO: what does not dad do?
ME: he is a building contractor and a estate developer.
VO: did you write the GRE?
ME: No, the university does not require it for admission into this programme.
VO: I'm sorry I can not issue you the visa at this time....bla bla

Lesson: I know surely that I was refused on the grounds of GRE. Its painful tho, because the V0 was just looking at me and typing seriously and me maintained eye contacts all through.
Advice: please everyone going as a graduate student should endeavour to write either the GRE or GMAT, even if your school does not require it for admission purpose, like mine did not and plus that I had a $2000 partial scholarship, so I was thinking the GRE won't be an issue since its not part of the admission requirements.

At this point, I want to congratulate everyone who got their visas and those yet to go for their interview, I beg make una no dey entertain unnecessary fear, that interview is not as difficult as it has been projected. Its basically a conversation between 2 people ( you and the VO). Be yourself.
I sincerely appreciate king1_00, Freeman_lxy, leadzeal, djunit, walex57, samuel4U and everyone on this thread.
Its not over yet, until I get my visa lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 12:28pm On Jul 26, 2012
deevick246: I was refused today by the V0 at counter 6 (Lagos). This is how it went down:
I was not praying for the VO because he was spending a lot of time with applicants and he rejected a lot of applicants.
VO: the sighed me as I was walking across to him. Good morning, pass me your documents pls.
ME: I was like na which one be bring up your case again. I asked him to repeat himself and he said it again. So I got it that he want me to tell him what I am here for. Na so I start by saying, I am going to study Masters in Public Administration at ..... University, then defined Public Administration as a disciplined which broadly deals with good governance, human relations and the society at large and also focuses on the implementation of government policies, programmes and activities for the betterment of the citizens. I choose to study masters in PA because I have a keen interest in good governance in Nigeria.
ME: because the university offers excellence career preparation in public administration which a real world learning experience.

Lesson: I know surely that I was refused on the grounds of GRE. Its painful tho, because the V0 was just looking at me and typing seriously and me maintained eye contacts all through.
Advice: please everyone going as a graduate student should endeavour to write either the GRE or GMAT, even if your school does not require it for admission purpose, like mine did not and plus that I had a $2000 partial scholarship, so I was thinking the GRE won't be an issue since its not part of the admission requirements.

At this point, I want to congratulate everyone who got their visas and those yet to go for their interview, I beg make una no dey entertain unnecessary fear, that interview is not as difficult as it has been projected. Its basically a conversation between 2 people ( you and the VO). Be yourself.
I sincerely appreciate king1_00, Freeman_lxy, leadzeal, djunit, walex57, samuel4U and everyone on this thread.

shocked shocked shocked I refuse to believe u

Sorry bro cry cry cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 26, 2012
deevick246: I was refused today by the V0 at counter 6 (Lagos). This is how it went down:

We always tell folks here to do GRE, it could show you have enough fund at your disposal. That enough room to swing a cat, so even if your admission was not based on it, do it for Interview sake.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by lanrypaddy: 12:38pm On Jul 26, 2012

Sorry Fø̲̣̣я̅ that bro...yeah D̶̲̥̅̊âŧ'š d spirit, its not over yet...so are You planning 2 reapply and hope time Ȋ̝̊̅§ still by Ʊя̲̅ side?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bawizle: 12:44pm On Jul 26, 2012
fittty: Guys I'm about applying for Spring 2013. Can I ask my sponsor to print out his bank statement now cos he travels a lot and might not be available for me when I want to go for interview around december. My school requested for the statement too can I just telll him to print out 2copies den send one to d school and keep the other for my interview which would be around december Is it too early to print out d copy for d Interview ??

I advice u to ask him for the bank statement now, so that u can send it to your school. Also inform him that u'll need another statement of account for your interview. If he travels alot, he can write a letter to the bank requesting his statement and simply drop it with his secretary for her to take to d bank for pick up when its time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 12:48pm On Jul 26, 2012
lanrypaddy:

Sorry Fø̲̣̣я̅ that bro...yeah D̶̲̥̅̊âŧ'š d spirit, its not over yet...so are You planning 2 reapply and hope time Ȋ̝̊̅§ still by Ʊя̲̅ side?

I will reapply after I have a GRE score. Lol. Once beating, twice shy. The V0 was impressed, I can say this confidently becos he was busy typing mostly as I was vomiting my memory verses. It was worth the try. I Thank God.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bawizle: 12:54pm On Jul 26, 2012
kpolli:

Please check an accreditation site to find out if that skool is accredited. . . I just checked their site out and didn't strike me as one. . . Sorry to say

Hey bro. Its accredited. Just helped u verify. follow this link to confirm: http://www.coleman.edu/about/accreditation.php
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bawizle: 1:06pm On Jul 26, 2012
emmanuelkim: Hello Naira landers, Please I need an answer to this questions, please put yourself in my shoes to give me a concrete solution,
Am currently working As an ICT supervisor in school and also assisting a lecturer(but no cash o), but I read Agricultural science Education, In my last DS-160 Form that I submitted to Abuja I put not employed, During my interview in July 2012, The VO did not ask me about my last/ current JOB.I will be going back to Abuja for spring interview, please do I need to put employed in my new ds-160 form? but what I need to know is should I put that I am working? As the salary is as low as nothing, or should I put it as it technician, please advise me, but my dad is still the one sponsoring me and all document remain the same
Or should I put my poultry as where I work? What about if the VO ask me what I be doing since what would I say, am saying this because
1. The salary is too small and no pay slip to show, but even in my current job is even no pay slip too
2. In my last DS-160, I put Not employed,
Please advise me, My reschedule interview that I book was in October, I cancel it because when I called the international advisor, the lady said that October interview for spring is too early and moreover they have not re-sent my new I-20 form, please should I fill January 2 2013, If they might give us free as after the break or should I use November 2012, please I need your advice

Try as much as possible to maintain th same detail in the last DS form, because u said every other detail is the same. So it will be easy for the VO to suspect that u lied. I believe it will be better for u to leave it blank, and when u're asked, simply say that u were under-studying in that company, and that u were not employed so there was no pay cheque.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by WARYZ(m): 1:22pm On Jul 26, 2012
guys i tried finding out the prices of airlines on wakanow.com,but it keeps showing me this everytime

JUST A MOMENT
WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE BEST VALUE FLIGHTS FOR YOUR SEARCH[color=#000099][/color]

AND I WAITED FOR OVER AN HOUR AND ITS STILL LIKE THAT TILL FOREVER,PLS PPLE WHO KNOWS ABT THE SITE SHOULD LEND ME AN HELPING HAND,OR RATHER GIVE ME UR 2KOBO ABI NA CENT grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (273)

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.