Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,819 members, 7,938,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:47 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (311791 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Zone2Zone: 8:45am On Jul 25, 2012
@ rowlando
You don get early date, cos me am still waiting for response from us embassy in Abuja. Reply oh
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ebyadieze: 10:04am On Jul 25, 2012
Hello Guys,

I appreciate this forum very much, you are doing a great job and keep it up. I cannot say that I dis not gain a thing or two from here and I got my visa today at the Lagos embassy. My interview was for 7:30am, here it is:
Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning, what are you going to do in the US?
Me: I am going for my Masters in Business Administration at the University of xxxxxxxxx
VO: Why MBA?
Me: It fits my career goal
VO: Did u apply to other schools?
Me: Yes, I did
VO: Which schools?
Me: I named the 3 other schools
VO: Did u write the GRE?
Me: Yes
VO: What were your scores?
ME: I mixed up the scores for the verbal and quantitative but quickly corrected it and told him.
VO: Where do u work?
Me: I work with ......I said the abbreviation of my coy and quickly said the full name of my coy cos I wasn't sure if he would be able to relate with that.
VO: How long have you been there?
Me: 5yrs an 4months
VO: What is your role? What do you do there?
Me: I am in Risk Mgt, and said specifically what area of risk mgt i was working in
VO: What will the MBA do for you?
Me: The MBA will help me take up mgt roles/positions especially in Risk Mgt.
VO: Who is sponsoring you?
Me: My Aunt
Vo: hat does your aunt do?
Me: She imports .........and sells them in both wholesale and retail
VO: ....starts tearing the green slip and says ........ you are good to go since the 30day period is in your favour. You will go to Lekki on Monday to collect your visa. Thank you.
Me: Thank you, excited......starts thinking of lie to tell at the office for coming in an hour late. ........not yet time to apply for my study leave.....till i have my passport back!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 10:25am On Jul 25, 2012
dokunbam: How Apply and get American Visa

Would you appreciate help with your American visa application?

Are you excited about the prospect of travelling to America? It shouldn't be a surprise - the United States boasts so many exciting sights and attractions, throughout world-famous cities like New York, Washington, Chicago, Miami and Los Angeles. However, you should be warned that travel to the USA is impossible without an American visa, obtainable for citizens of the countries covered by the US Visa Waiver Program (VWP) through the ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization).
more info at
http://getguide..com/2012/07/how-apply-and-get-american-visa.html

Pls tell me more undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bypassit: 10:33am On Jul 25, 2012
ebyadieze: Hello Guys,

I appreciate this forum very much, you are doing a great job and keep it up. I cannot say that I dis not gain a thing or two from here and I got my visa today at the Lagos embassy. My interview was for 7:30am, here it is:
Me: I am going for my Masters in Business Administration at the University of xxxxxxxxx
ME: I mixed up the scores for the verbal and quantitative but quickly corrected it and told him.
Me: I work with ......I said the abbreviation of my coy and quickly said the full name of my coy cos I wasn't sure if he would be able to relate with that.
Me: I am in Risk Mgt, and said specifically what area of risk mgt i was working in
VO: ....starts tearing the green slip and says ........ you are good to go since the 30day period is in your favour. You will go to Lekki on Monday to collect your visa. Thank you.
Me: Thank you, excited......starts thinking of lie to tell at the office for coming in an hour late. ........not yet time to apply for my study leave.....till i have my passport back!
Congratulations brother!!!GOD BLESS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 10:36am On Jul 25, 2012

Congrats babe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ebyadieze: 10:47am On Jul 25, 2012
kpolli:

Congrats bro

I am a She oh!!! not Bro. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 10:59am On Jul 25, 2012
ebyadieze:

I am a She oh!!! not Bro. cheesy

Second time this is happening this week angry

Modified again wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drdolittle1: 11:31am On Jul 25, 2012
[quote author=ebyadieze][/quote] Congrats sis. Thank God for his favour.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by lanrypaddy: 11:35am On Jul 25, 2012

Congratulations M̶̲̥̅Ɣ sister, do have a 9ce stay in d US...which counter Ȋ̝̊̅§ dat? Pls pray 4 us too wey get interview in two weeks time...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by djunit1(m): 12:11pm On Jul 25, 2012
seedord247:

7.25 is federal not state. . . but school pay more than that. The only problem is the hours. But if you are using the option 2 of working outside the school, watchout for ICE oooo. Bcus dem bad gannnn this time.

Get the job first before you worry about ICE lol....It is very hard to get a job outside school without proper documentation. To get proper documentation is another discussion for another day.

BTW, e get one guy wey lose him passport and visa one time. Any body kno Wetin happen to am?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by product: 12:43pm On Jul 25, 2012
Zone 2 Zone: @ rowlando
You don get early date, cos me am still waiting for response from us embassy in Abuja. Reply oh

No I never see brouv and am hoping this week I shud get . Did you request for emergency appt.?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by rowlandoo: 12:51pm On Jul 25, 2012
Zone 2 Zone: @ rowlando

I never , this week hopefully , aw ur side . U dey refresh so?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by freeR1: 1:41pm On Jul 25, 2012

Congrats babe, welcome to d league
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 2:09pm On Jul 25, 2012

Congrats baeibaei.....welcome on board, abeg no go gree for white oyinbo guys ooo...we naija guys dey there ooo...you know nah wink grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 2:27pm On Jul 25, 2012
bawizle:

yes oooooooooo. I just bgot my visa. it was fast.
Here is d interview at abuja, booth 7
VO: smiles & says Good afternoon,
me: Good afternoon, passed my docs
VO: why r u going to u.s?
Me: to obtain a bsc in comp info science in wiley college
Vo: ok. So what is comp info science?
Me: It is a network of hardwares and softwares used in creating, filtering and distributing data in an organization
VO: So how is dat gonna help u?
Me: With the fusion of d knowledge i'll get 4rm dis course,and d acquired knowledge i got while working for my dad, i will be able to solve d major information challenges in the current Nigerian business market.
VO: good, so where is ur school?
Me: Marshall Texas
VO: Where is Texas?
Me: East of U.S...na here i jonse
VO: You're a great student, but u need to learn how to answer lil questions like d location of texas.
Me: i started saying tinz 2 show i know d location, cos i don jonze already. den i said " GOD its ur turn 2 do ur work
VO: have u been 2 u.s?
me: No
VO: hold on
i started thinkin it was over
VO: u have been approved, come bck in 2 days 4 ur visa.

I turned 2 others and made a sign showing i made it. cos dia were over 30 people b4 me, and only one person was approved
It was God.[color=#990000]
Congrats Bawizle.
I do think that you were granted the visa as you didnt show much mastery or knowledge of the US. That gave the VO the impression that you have no immigration intent. If you begin show say you sabi/oversabi about US, aha! smileythe VO go begin think say you really love the place and want to live there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 2:36pm On Jul 25, 2012

Congrats.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Zone2Zone: 2:39pm On Jul 25, 2012
rowlandoo:

I never , this week hopefully , aw ur side . U dey refresh so?

What date do you have on your window now, and are you going back to Abuja again. Cos am going back to Abuja to collect my VISA this time around. NEVER SAY NEVER ATTITUDE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 2:40pm On Jul 25, 2012
seedord247:

7.25 is federal not state. . . but school pay more than that. The only problem is the hours. But if you are using the option 2 of working outside the school, watchout for ICE oooo. Bcus dem bad gannnn this time.

Noted. However, since he is yet to get a job and perhaps he is planning to, it would be safer he plans with $7.25 this is because most student assistant job in my school for instance, that is what they pay and at the moment, the student assistant job I am doing in the summer pays $7.25.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dazo01: 2:59pm On Jul 25, 2012
LOL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:16pm On Jul 25, 2012
obusco4lyfe: who be ICE?

Don't work outside campus. Chekena! If caught, probably way home. The SSN given to you will tell you you can only use it to work only with DHS authorization which is only your school compound for now.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:20pm On Jul 25, 2012
djunit1:

Get the job first before you worry about ICE lol....It is very hard to get a job outside school without proper documentation. To get proper documentation is another discussion for another day.

BTW, e get one guy wey lose him passport and visa one time. Any body kno Wetin happen to am?

He is good with his studies in US. He don finish him first semester and waiting for the fall semester.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by webstradamus: 3:26pm On Jul 25, 2012
djunit1:

hahaha ... so u still remember?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:32pm On Jul 25, 2012
webstradamus:

hahaha ... so u still remember?

^^^ Na the bros be this.

@web,

I didn't get from you after the call nau? Write me on fb, lemme know wassup about what we discussed last week.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by rowlandoo: 3:53pm On Jul 25, 2012
Zone 2 Zone:

What date do you have on your window now, and are you going back to Abuja again. Cos am going back to Abuja to collect my VISA this time around. NEVER SAY NEVER ATTITUDE.

I dey see october , You ?

Na so brouv , am going to abuja I have got reason to be granted .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Paywole: 4:07pm On Jul 25, 2012
cryThe boi was denied visa!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:24pm On Jul 25, 2012
Paywole: cryThe boi was denied visa!!

Which boy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 4:27pm On Jul 25, 2012
@imperioux

Are you studying in Texas?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by yomifola(m): 4:30pm On Jul 25, 2012

which boi be dat...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Paywole: 4:33pm On Jul 25, 2012
kpolli:

Which boy
na me bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 4:46pm On Jul 25, 2012
Paywole: na me bro
So sorry to hear that bro, pls share your experience let's know what went down...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:47pm On Jul 25, 2012
Paywole: na me bro

Sorry bro
What happened?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by AnythinCanHapen: 5:06pm On Jul 25, 2012

Pele,the boi will be granted visa soon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.