Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,819 members, 7,938,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:45 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (311790 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 4:43pm On Jul 26, 2012
@ imperiouxxx
Why did you have to paste our email conversation in a public forum like this? Please I don't like it. I will request that you please remove it or edit it. I remembered you sent me the Toefl materials and what we are talking about here now is GRE materials. I sent you an email, or do you expect me also to copy and paste the email here in the public? Nah, I won't do that. Please edit this post as I requested earlier on. Thanks and thanks also for sending the GRE materials.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 4:46pm On Jul 26, 2012
Paywole:
Am so sorry about ur denial its certain u will get it in your next trial cos you deserve it

Thank man. Sorry about yours as well. We will tell our success story soon on this thread. We all deserve it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jhidey92(m): 5:47pm On Jul 26, 2012
ferdiii:

But try push the sweetest to my ferdimako@yahoo.com My younger brother needs it. He has done the TOoiiEFL. Thanks!

send it to me also i need it ridwan4real002@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by folar: 6:06pm On Jul 26, 2012
Thank you guys for this forum.I am an F1 visa applicant scheduled for interview next week but yet to get my official GRE report.ETS sends report by only regular mail and the previous one sent was misplaced in transit by NIPOST.Can i present an online print out of my result instead? I wrote IELTS and not TOEFL because either is acceptable by my sch and ease of getting IELTS results through courier service.How does that affect my chances?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 6:16pm On Jul 26, 2012
folar: Thank you guys for this forum.I am an F1 visa applicant scheduled for interview next week but yet to get my official GRE report.ETS sends report by only regular mail and the previous one sent was misplaced in transit by NIPOST.Can i present an online print out of my result instead? I wrote IELTS and not TOEFL because either is acceptable by my sch and ease of getting IELTS results through courier service.How does that affect my chances?

Success at your interview next week and do take note of the set of 10 likely visa questions and what to reply i posted earlier. As for your question I dont think the fact that you wrote IELTS is going to mar your chances. They both are international english-testing exams.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by seedord247(m): 6:23pm On Jul 26, 2012
Deviick. . . Chaiii i dey sorry for u guy.

God wey make us smile will surely make u laugh. Dont give up.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 6:35pm On Jul 26, 2012
seedord247: Deviick. . . Chaiii i dey sorry for u guy.

God wey make us smile will surely make u laugh. Dont give up.

Thanks man. I am not giving up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Paywole: 7:49pm On Jul 26, 2012
kpolli:

Mi o gbo oyinbo
Lol...u be baba naw pls i know u understand what I meant there I don't know how to break it down that's why I had to use mathematics terms to illustrate it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 26, 2012
deevick246: @ imperiouxxx
Why did you have to paste our email conversation in a public forum like this? Please I don't like it. I will request that you please remove it or edit it. I remembered you sent me the Toefl materials and what we are talking about here now is GRE materials. I sent you an email, or do you expect me also to copy and paste the email here in the public? Nah, I won't do that. Please edit this post as I requested earlier on. Thanks and thanks also for sending the GRE materials.

Easy guy, nobody dey carry that thing do anything.Just know Imperiouxxx is helping and not that he is ur agent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Zone2Zone: 8:04pm On Jul 26, 2012
deevick246:

Thanks man. I am not giving up.

@deevick246, it is so painful to hear about your story, Please don`t allow this to way you down. NEVER SAY NEVER attitude is what we need to be there. Am going to reapply too but I just have to wait to I amend my Bleep up before I return for my own VISA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 8:17pm On Jul 26, 2012
ferdiii:

Easy guy, nobody dey carry that thing do anything.Just know Imperiouxxx is helping and not that he is ur agent.

Na who say make you comment for wetin nor concern you? Did I ever say imperiouxx was my agent? Maybe you might need to know that myself and imperiouxxx do have conversation outside this thread. Please learn to mind your business.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 8:21pm On Jul 26, 2012
Zone 2 Zone:

@deevick246, it is so painful to hear about your story, Please don`t allow this to way you down. NEVER SAY NEVER attitude is what we need to be there. Am going to reapply too but I just have to wait to I amend my Bleep up before I return for my own VISA.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. It is well appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drdolittle1: 8:27pm On Jul 26, 2012
deevick246:

Keep keepin' on bro. I trust God for you. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drdolittle1: 8:31pm On Jul 26, 2012
folar: Thank you guys for this forum.I am an F1 visa applicant scheduled for interview next week but yet to get my official GRE report.ETS sends report by only regular mail and the previous one sent was misplaced in transit by NIPOST.Can i present an online print out of my result instead? I wrote IELTS and not TOEFL because either is acceptable by my sch and ease of getting IELTS results through courier service.How does that affect my chances?

If the hard copy hasn't arrived your place yet, print out the online copy and if the VO asks you why(which I doubt), tell him about the issue of the first misplacement and the re-order.You should be fine afterwards.

As for the IELTS, as long as it is the Academic module that you wrote and not the General module, you are good to go. At least the school that admitted you accepted it...so the VO doesn't have a say against it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by product: 8:46pm On Jul 26, 2012
deevick246: I was refused today by the V0 at counter 6 (Lagos). This is how it went down:
I was not praying for the VO because he was spending a lot of time with applicants and he rejected a lot of applicants.
VO: the sighed me as I was walking across to him. Good morning, pass me your documents pls.
ME: good morning sir, here they are
VO: ok can you bring up your case...
ME: I was like na which one be bring up your case again. I asked him to repeat himself and he said it again. So I got it that he want me to tell him what I am here for. Na so I start by saying, I am going to study Masters in Public Administration at ..... University, then defined Public Administration as a disciplined which broadly deals with good governance, human relations and the society at large and also focuses on the implementation of government policies, programmes and activities for the betterment of the citizens. I choose to study masters in PA because I have a keen interest in good governance in Nigeria.
V0: ok, why this school?
ME: because the university offers excellence career preparation in public administration which a real world learning experience.
VO: Have u travel out of Nigeria before?
ME: no, there has not been a need to.
VO: ok, are u married?
ME: No.
VO: where do u work?
ME: I told him.
VO: who is paying for your fees.
ME: my dad.
VO: what does not dad do?
ME: he is a building contractor and a estate developer.
VO: did you write the GRE?
ME: No, the university does not require it for admission into this programme.
VO: I'm sorry I can not issue you the visa at this time....bla bla

Lesson: I know surely that I was refused on the grounds of GRE. Its painful tho, because the V0 was just looking at me and typing seriously and me maintained eye contacts all through.
Advice: please everyone going as a graduate student should endeavour to write either the GRE or GMAT, even if your school does not require it for admission purpose, like mine did not and plus that I had a $2000 partial scholarship, so I was thinking the GRE won't be an issue since its not part of the admission requirements.

At this point, I want to congratulate everyone who got their visas and those yet to go for their interview, I beg make una no dey entertain unnecessary fear, that interview is not as difficult as it has been projected. Its basically a conversation between 2 people ( you and the VO). Be yourself.
I sincerely appreciate king1_00, Freeman_lxy, leadzeal, djunit, walex57, samuel4U and everyone on this thread.
Its not over yet, until I get my visa lol

Sorry brouv

Was about to comment on the GRE before I got to see you noticed that already ursef . Am damn sure if u ve it u do get it .
Sorry . At that's ur first time. Try reapply am
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Paywole: 9:44pm On Jul 26, 2012
@imperiouxx pls send me toelf material also to paywole at yahoo dot com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 10:04pm On Jul 26, 2012
deevick246: @ imperiouxxx

In America when you transact anything, you get receipt or record written somewhere because of cases like this. I posted our conversation here because your first post says here that you asked that I should send you the material into your box but I didn't maybe I didn't get the mail and you are saying it on this thread now that I should send it. Yea, I got to reply through the same medium as well. Check the mail I posted here, I did send the GRE material to you, akinwolekay, mantao56 and webstradamus1 the same time on Friday, October 14, 2011, 12:53 PM. Inbox messages don't lie. Then I only got ''cracking the new GRE''. It was later when I got here I was able to download others and I have since then being sending it to anyone who requested for them promptly.

deevick246
@ imprexousxxx
I remembered I once sent you an email to your email addy requesting for GRE materials but you did not send it, maybe you did not receive the email. So I am asking here now for the GRE Materials to be sent to deevick246 at yahoo. com please. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 10:12pm On Jul 26, 2012
@deevick246,

Cool it mehn, ok. What happened is saddened I know but don't transfer the annoyance to me. You are one of those who consoled me when I first got denied. It's gonna be fine. I'm just trying to make my point clear that I sent you the cracking the new GRE and TOEFL materials long ago.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by freeR1: 10:26pm On Jul 26, 2012
deevick246:

Baba mi, no worry, we are still together, never say die! Your welcome party will be a big 1 in December, gbabe!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by FindOut(m): 10:31pm On Jul 26, 2012
@Imperiouxxx, i assume u were admitted for the spring 2012 session? No? For graduate studies i guess? Did u get funding? & if u dnt mind, can u tell me what school u r in?

I'm asking all these coz i'm a Spring 2013 applicant & i want to be sure that some schools grant funding for spring. Thanks. I'll understand if you cant divulge some info here tho.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 10:50pm On Jul 26, 2012
Paywole:
Lol...u be baba naw pls i know u understand what I meant there I don't know how to break it down that's why I had to use mathematics terms to illustrate it

Yeah I understand, but I would still advice u not to change
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by phy: 10:56pm On Jul 26, 2012
@deevick246, it's painful that some VOs take the GRE thing too far, unfortunately, appeal process is a long route. If you still have time, I'll advise you write your school asking for a waiver letter for GRE, however, we don't know who the next VO is but I'm sure it's not going to be the same VO. I just feel you deserve the visa. Imperiouxx got it the second time because of the initial GRE stuff, you may want to borrow from his audacity.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 11:27pm On Jul 26, 2012
imperiouxx:

Don't you know where we know each other and begin chatting? It was about GMAT in June 2011. You said you are going for GMAT but not GRE and still I got both the two for you in Oct 2011. Later this year when I got to school you asked that I send you TOEFL materials and because of you I downloaded those TOEFL material I'm sending to others now and send it to you then including the links in case you need more yourself. Anyone who I ever sent those materials to, should help check if you won't see deevick email among please. The body of these mails is this from my yahoo

GRE material to deevick

--- On Fri, 10/14/11, imperiouxx<imperiouxx yahoo com> wrote:

Subject: This Is The Must Have of All (FIRST SET)
To: akinwolekay gmail com, deevick246 yahoo com, mantao56 yahoo com, webstradamus1 gmail com
Date: Friday, October 14, 2011, 12:53 PM

Download them one after the other first then extract the first which link you with the second and so on. If one is missing the extraction fails.

TOEFL material to deevick

Feb 10 5:00 PM
imperiouxx:TOEFL Materials from Kaplan ===300MB https://rapidshare.com/files/3030172/kapibt.part1.rar https://rapidshare.com/files/3030239/kapibt.part2.rar https://rapidshare.com/files/3028513/kapibt.part3.rar Audio CD guard to TOEFL ====== 113MB https://rapidshare.com/files/3030101/guidecd.part2.rar https://rapidshare.com/files/3032919/guidecd.part1.rar
Feb 10 5:01 PM
imperiouxx:Audio CD guard to TOEFL ====== 113MB https://rapidshare.com/files/3030101/guidecd.part2.rar https://rapidshare.com/files/3032919/guidecd.part1.rar
Feb 10 5:09 PM
imperiouxx:Check your mailbox now deevick246 yahoo com. I have attached some materials there for you. Good luck! .

You didn't say all these again till now. Anyway, I will still resend them now.

Do you guys have a fight before now? I had issues with the way he wrote his request and your response is like confirming my suspicions. Whatever it is, people in here look up to you (as mentors) and it would be nice if in your responses you do not let your personal issues come to play as it could affect your mentees.
Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 11:28pm On Jul 26, 2012

Please do. The most important thing is that you took the GRE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fittty(m): 12:19am On Jul 27, 2012
smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by phy: 12:35am On Jul 27, 2012
fittty: Guys pls how do one differentiate a University from a College... How can one tell which school is a University or college?? Is it the name like XYZ university of XYZ college
Sometimes name differentiates between the two, the more important one is the degree that you'll earn at the end of your program.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fittty(m): 2:19am On Jul 27, 2012
smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:30am On Jul 27, 2012
fittty:

I'm going in for graduate studies. How do I know if its a university or college.?? This I'm applying to says XYZ university

Master is only offered in university. Even it bears college, it's university college.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 3:09am On Jul 27, 2012
imperiouxx: @deevick246,

Cool it mehn, ok. What happened is saddened I know but don't transfer the annoyance to me. You are one of those who consoled me when I first got denied. It's gonna be fine. I'm just trying to make my point clear that I sent you the cracking the new GRE and TOEFL materials long ago.

I'm not transferring annoyance in anyway, well maybe if it appeared that way to you, I didn't figure it out that it might go that way with you, because of the way we are close. If you check my post that probably incited you, I already modified it. But if you feel pasting our private conversation (email conversation) here is right, because that's the way it is done in America, then no problems at all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 3:14am On Jul 27, 2012
free R1:

Baba mi, no worry, we are still together, never say die! Your welcome party will be a big 1 in December, gbabe!!!

BabaMI, as I use to call you cheesy , thanks a lot man. You are well appreciated, you be my man. The welcome party go tight gan ni lol.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:26am On Jul 27, 2012
Find Out!:
@Imperiouxxx, i assume u were admitted for the spring 2012 session? No? For graduate studies i guess? Did u get funding? & if u dnt mind, can u tell me what school u r in?

I'm asking all these coz i'm a Spring 2013 applicant & i want to be sure that some schools grant funding for spring. Thanks. I'll understand if you cant divulge some info here tho.

I got my admission since June 2011 for Fall semester but thing didn't work as we thought, so I have to deferred the admission to spring 2012 and went for the first interview in Dec.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 3:26am On Jul 27, 2012
phy: @deevick246, it's painful that some VOs take the GRE thing too far, unfortunately, appeal process is a long route. If you still have time, I'll advise you write your school asking for a waiver letter for GRE, however, we don't know who the next VO is but I'm sure it's not going to be the same VO. I just feel you deserve the visa. Imperiouxx got it the second time because of the initial GRE stuff, you may want to borrow from his audacity.

The issue is the resumption date for my school is August 10th and so I feel the time is short to start looking for emergency date and plus I want to nail the GRE exam self, I dey vex gan ni. I have already got my school informed about the development and I asked for deferment. Thanks man, you are well appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.