Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,409 members, 7,978,291 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 03:53 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (312796 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by HABRUZZY(m): 4:57pm On Feb 05, 2013
please pals i need gmat materials please abubakarberete@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 5:39pm On Feb 05, 2013
HABRUZZY: please pals i need gmat materials please abubakarberete@yahoo.com

You're just talking now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by HABRUZZY(m): 6:30pm On Feb 05, 2013
please pals i need gmat materials please abubakarberete@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 7:06pm On Feb 05, 2013
^^ Are you sure its not the GRE you need? GMAT is a B-E-A-S-T! *For those going to Business school (MBA).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ndyoo(m): 8:11pm On Feb 05, 2013
@ bigfrancis,what do you access the epub files with or how can you convert it to .pdf.....
anybody that knows should tell me...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by webstradamus: 8:29pm On Feb 05, 2013
Ndyoo: @ bigfrancis,what do you access the epub files with or how can you convert it to .pdf.....

Adobe Digital Editions -> http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 9:00pm On Feb 05, 2013
Ndyoo: @ bigfrancis,what do you access the epub files with or how can you convert it to .pdf.....

You may not need converting to pdf. Just download a mozilla add-on on https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/epubreader/

It will be added to your firefox and you read the file on your firefox browser.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by merryberry(f): 10:02pm On Feb 05, 2013
Hi everyone!!!
I am planning to go for a masters program in either Canada or USA. Though i have started the applying to the schools.
i have a few questions to ask as i am applying by myself but i just finished my Undergrad in the UK and I am still in the UK so i am hoping to apply for VISA from here(UK)
Pls what's the best way of convincing them(US EMBASSY)that i would be back in Naija after my studies? AND can you people give me hints and tips on the interview questions?
i have applied for visiting visa to the US and i had been rejected before...

My parents are in the states and i feel USA embassy would think my plans for the masters in their country is to hook up with my family there(which is also part of my plan sha ooo).

I need experienced advice please.... THANK YOU
Just scared cuz i dont want to be rejected
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 10:59pm On Feb 05, 2013
merryberry: Hi everyone!!!
I am planning to go for a masters program in either Canada or USA. Though i have started the applying to the schools.
i have a few questions to ask as i am applying by myself but i just finished my Undergrad in the UK and I am still in the UK so i am hoping to apply for VISA from here(UK)
Pls what's the best way of convincing them(US EMBASSY)that i would be back in Naija after my studies? AND can you people give me hints and tips on the interview questions?
i have applied for visiting visa to the US and i had been rejected before...

My parents are in the states and i feel USA embassy would think my plans for the masters in their country is to hook up with my family there(which is also part of my plan sha ooo).

I need experienced advice please.... THANK YOU
Just scared cuz i dont want to be rejected

Except ur a perm resident, you would most likely have to be interviewed in Naija.... Then you would need to show them you really are going to study, about convincing them ur coming back (if they ask) just say you dream of working with fed govt back home in order to blah blah blah (Yvete is the master of this part).... But first work on ur gaining admission, hope you have done GRE or GMAT?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by freezzz: 2:42am On Feb 06, 2013
@bigfrancis, imperouxx, kpoli please and please and please, I beg you in the name of God that you serve, I need Gre and Toefl materials badly. Thank you, e se, na gode, dalu, gracias, merci and so on and so forth cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by log1(m): 4:34am On Feb 06, 2013
freezzz: @bigfrancis, imperouxx, kpoli please and please and please, I beg you in the name of God that you serve, I need Gre and Toefl materials badly. Thank you, e se, na gode, dalu, gracias, merci and so on and so forth cool
How do you expect to have what you requested for when you didnt drop your email? Oya drop ham jor
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jimtosam: 5:29am On Feb 06, 2013
Hi House,

Pls, a friend of mine need the latest GRE and Toefl materials. I will appreciate if anyone can help.

saajng@gmail.com or saajng@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by freezzz: 10:11am On Feb 06, 2013
oh @ log1, I dropped it before, sorry, thanks, I don't even know what to say, ok this is it--->psalmnugba4eva@yahoo.com for gre and toefl materials, thanks very very much, God bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Rickywowoz: 1:14pm On Feb 06, 2013
Hey friends,who has info about university of Alaska fairbanks and alaska state as a whole..ie job opportunity after graduation,standard of education,weather etc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 1:57pm On Feb 06, 2013
Rickywowoz: Hey friends,who has info about university of Alaska fairbanks and alaska state as a whole..ie job opportunity after graduation,standard of education,weather etc

First of all, you can't ever endure the harshest cold spell in Alaska friend, unless you are born and raised in Iceland or high northern Canada with scanty population. Coming from temperate country of about 38 degree Celsius with lowest of 24 to Alaska -50 to -65 degree Celsius. 6 good months of thick iceberg covering seas. You think say that na beans water temperature? No go suffer yourself o undecided

With the cold, you can't joy a day activity let alone study and work there.

Also, what you mean by standard of education system of US state? Answer: It's like in every state of US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by log1(m): 1:59pm On Feb 06, 2013
jimtosam: Hi House,

Pls, a friend of mine need the latest GRE and Toefl materials. I will appreciate if anyone can help.

saajng@gmail.com or saajng@yahoo.com
sent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by log1(m): 2:00pm On Feb 06, 2013
freezzz: oh @ log1, I dropped it before, sorry, thanks, I don't even know what to say, ok this is it--->psalmnugba4eva@yahoo.com for gre and toefl materials, thanks very very much, God bless you.
Equally sent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by log1(m): 2:02pm On Feb 06, 2013
imperiouxx:

Don't think you can ever endure the harshest cold spell in Alaska friend, unless you are born in Iceland or high north Canada with scanty population. Coming from temperate country of about 38 degree Celsius with lowest of 24 to Alaska -50 to -65 degree Celsius. 6 good months of thick iceberg covering seas. You think say that na bean water temperature? No go suffer yourself o undecided
Does that mean we dont have any Nigeria living or schooling there at all?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:09pm On Feb 06, 2013
log1:
Does that mean we dont have any Nigeria living or schooling there at all?

Alaska is the largest state in US but less populated due to harsh cold, you will barely see Nigerians there unless those who have stayed in northern parts of US like webstradamus grin and those who migrate from one cold state to the other. For someone just coming from Nigeria, I bet it, he can't spend one winter-spring there before crying to heavenly kingdom to send down Jacob's ladder. Ask those in Michigan which is even far better than Alaska.

Don't just look at the written temperature like "Just a write up" prove it wrong by coming from outside hot afternoon sun, then dip your fully covered arm in chest/deep freezer at 0 to -5 degree Celsius, rest the arm by the wall of the freezer and close the lid for just 5 minutes. Come back, tell me the result of your experiment. Unless he doesn't want to go school but to stay in warm room for up to 6 good months.

Well, I like encouraging people to learn a good lesson, so he can go for Alaska and increase Nigerian population there too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ndyoo(m): 2:20pm On Feb 06, 2013
thanks @ webstradamus and imperiouxx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Rickywowoz: 3:08pm On Feb 06, 2013
imperiouxx:

First of all, you can't ever endure the harshest cold spell in Alaska friend, unless you are born and raised in Iceland or high northern Canada with scanty population. Coming from temperate country of about 38 degree Celsius with lowest of 24 to Alaska -50 to -65 degree Celsius. 6 good months of thick iceberg covering seas. You think say that na bean water temperature? No go suffer yourself o undecided

Also, what you mean by standard of education system of a US state? Answer: It's like in every state of US.
thanks alot boss i was looking at alaska,texas,oklahoma,north dakota,carlifornia,louisana,uta,NM bt its like most skuls in carlifonia and louisana are costly..texas would be my dream destination bt i want to expand my options so nw i'm luking at new mexico,texas,oklahoma and north dakota..wat do u think guys,i'm going 4 Msc in petroleum engineering.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:19pm On Feb 06, 2013
Rickywowoz: thanks alot boss i was looking at alaska,texas,oklahoma,north dakota,carlifornia,louisana,uta,NM bt its like most skuls in carlifonia and louisana are costly..texas would be my dream destination bt i want to expand my options so nw i'm luking at new mexico,texas,oklahoma and north dakota..wat do u think guys,i'm going 4 Msc in petroleum engineering.

Since petroleum is confined to locations, cancel out NM and ND. Your best bet is to stay TX or CA. If not, NM is good and cheap too. Only if you want to study mining then NM is the best. To study geology, all except ND is good. To study ice, ocean, polar bears, penguins, dolphins or whales then a semester in AL is good if you can endure far below freezing point of water.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by merryberry(f): 3:39pm On Feb 06, 2013
kpolli:
Thanks for the response Kpolli,. I am not a permanent resident. I just schooled here. But my visa is still valid. So I was wondering if I can apply from here instead of going back to Nij. I have done my GMAT. And I am looking to do an MBA or any business related course. Do u know any one that can help with interview tips? Thanks!.
Except ur a perm resident, you would most likely have to be interviewed in Naija.... Then you would need to show them you really are going to study, about convincing them ur coming back (if they ask) just say you dream of working with fed govt back home in order to blah blah blah (Yvete is the master of this part).... But first work on ur gaining admission, hope you have done GRE or GMAT?
kpolli:

kpolli:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 4:07pm On Feb 06, 2013
Rickywowoz: thanks alot boss i was looking at alaska,texas,oklahoma,north dakota,carlifornia,louisana,uta,NM bt its like most skuls in carlifonia and louisana are costly..texas would be my dream destination bt i want to expand my options so nw i'm luking at new mexico,texas,oklahoma and north dakota..wat do u think guys,i'm going 4 Msc in petroleum engineering.

For petroleum, if u want to stay where the real mccoy is, its tx, ca, la, and maybe ok
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 5:05pm On Feb 06, 2013
imperiouxx:

First of all, you can't ever endure the harshest cold spell in Alaska friend, unless you are born and raised in Iceland or high northern Canada with scanty population. Coming from temperate country of about 38 degree Celsius with lowest of 24 to Alaska -50 to -65 degree Celsius. 6 good months of thick iceberg covering seas. You think say that na bean water temperature? No go suffer yourself o undecided

Also, what you mean by standard of education system of a US state? Answer: It's like in every state of US.

Leave him, he wants to live the American dream.... grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 5:07pm On Feb 06, 2013
imperiouxx:

Since petroleum is confined to locations, cancel out NM and ND. Your best bet is to stay TX or CA. If not, NM is good and cheap too. Only if you want to study mining then NM is the best. To study geology, all except ND is good. To study ice, ocean, polar bears, penguins, dolphins or whales then a semester in AL is good if you can endure far below freezing point of water.

Louisiana too and Not all universities in Louisiana are expensive... Check the ones with Southern in their name
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 5:08pm On Feb 06, 2013
[quote author=merryberry][/quote]

Yes I know one, her name is Yvete... She likes helping females alot... From ur name u strike me as one, so pressure her grin grin grin grin

Since ur only a student in UK, u can't do your interview there (i think, confirm this)... As long as u've done ur GMAT, just know about ur area of research and info about your school.... Since u schooled in UK, TOEFL won't be required from u (remember to tell the VO this if he asks)...

To me u've a high chance of getting the visa wherever u apply as long as u do not lie
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Rickywowoz: 5:11pm On Feb 06, 2013
Square65:

For petroleum, if u want to stay where the real mccoy is, its tx, ca, la, and maybe ok
tx=Texas
ca=California
la=lousiana
ok=oklahoma..i'm i right??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by OjaP: 5:13pm On Feb 06, 2013
imperiouxx:

Bros, North Dakota is the -ish now for Oil and Gas. North Dakota is near amazing geology, the oil boom in ND is no more news. The Bakken formation in the state contain up to 4.3 billion barrels of reserve.

Employment rate in ND is now less than 4.3% due to the oil boom. Geology or Petroleum Engineering grad students will have no problem interning with the local oil companies. This may eventually lead to a permanent job. Also, most of the oil companies there are constantly looking for contractors to work for them, this means experience for starters (grad students who are still in school).

University of Alaska Fairbanks has one of the best Petroleum Engineering program in the country, I think it is worth it to endure the cold, afterall I have friends who schooled there and didn't die of the extreme cold weather conditions.

And YES, you are all correct that California, Texas, Alaska and Loisianna are states where the oil money is, but please add North Dakota to the list. That is the reigning state now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by freezzz: 5:25pm On Feb 06, 2013
@ log1, thanks oga, may GOD bless 1million billion times!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 5:28pm On Feb 06, 2013
Good job! Others have stepped up to this GRE sending ishh. When someone gives you stuff like that for free, share with others as well.

... but why are the Super Eagles doing this to Mali? 5 is enough abeg, ... so demoralizing. sad sad Imprecious is in front of his computer right now. Soccer fanatic ... Haha!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Rickywowoz: 5:40pm On Feb 06, 2013
OjaP:

Bros, North Dakota is the -ish now for Oil and Gas. North Dakota is near amazing geology, the oil boom in ND is no more news. The Bakken formation in the state contain up to 4.3 billion barrels of reserve.

Employment rate in ND is now less than 4.3% due to the oil boom. Geology or Petroleum Engineering grad students will have no problem interning with the local oil companies. This may eventually lead to a permanent job. Also, most of the oil companies there are constantly looking for contractors to work for them, this means experience for starters (grad students who are still in school).

University of Alaska Fairbanks has one of the best Petroleum Engineering program in the country, I think it is worth it to endure the cold, afterall I have friends who schooled there and didn't die of the extreme cold weather conditions.

And YES, you are all correct that California, Texas, Alaska and Loisianna are states where the oil money is, but please add North Dakota to the list. That is the reigning state now.

you are right buddy,i read about the north dakota boom but i wanted to confirm from you guys that are there already,as u knw internet dnt always paint the picture of the real situation..

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.