Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,366 members, 7,920,378 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 05:29 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (311398 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 11:54pm On Feb 01, 2013
Ms_Zeezah:

BigFrancis, thanks for sending me the Grubers and Barron's GRE. Please can u send me the "Cracking The GRE 2013". Email is zeezahd@yahoo.com. Thanks a lot bro
Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 12:59am On Feb 02, 2013
bigfrancis21:
What? I just checked my sent folder again and the two mails I sent you are there.
I just resent them again. If you didn't get them, then it isn't my fault.

Thanks you have tried, e be like say no be your fault true true, I just got only one of them now -Cracking the GRE 2013.

God bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jaypee207: 1:32am On Feb 02, 2013
walex57:
I go to California State University Sacramento, www.csus.edu
Ok..what are their fees like? can u pls elaborate on what the admission experience was like if you don't mind.what r u studying there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jamebex(m): 6:53am On Feb 02, 2013
mikky4all: Pls nairalanders I need ur advice here. Am currently in ma 400level now studying an agric related course. Can I write ma GRE and GMAT b4 processing admission for 2015. Moreover pls kindly help me with GRE and GMAT materials to practice with.
You don't need to write the two exams, you either write GRE if you are going for GRAD school, or GMAT if you are going for Business school. You can write the exams now and use it by 2015, both are valid for a period of 5 years.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mikky4all(m): 7:13am On Feb 02, 2013
jamebex: You don't need to write the two exams, you either write GRE if you are going for GRAD school, or GMAT if you are going for Business school. You can write the exams now and use it by 2015, both are valid for a period of 5 years.
⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ for the reply. Do I need only the GRE to qualify for a school in US or I will need toefl too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 02, 2013
mikky4all: ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ for the reply. Do I need only the GRE to qualify for a school in US or I will need toefl too.

You can do the TOEFL to polish your grammar....it's good and show a little sign that you're ok financially and academically to face the CO.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by VCTROKOYE: 8:19am On Feb 02, 2013
HI, Please, I am interested in USA visa for visiting. How do I play(i.e where)? I understand that its faster to get letter of interview if US embassy is chosen as the venue for interview. Please I need to know. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fittty(m): 8:50am On Feb 02, 2013
VCTROKOYE: HI, Please, I am interested in USA visa for visiting. How do I play(i.e where)? I understand that its faster to get letter of interview if US embassy is chosen as the venue for interview. Please I need to know. Thanks.

Sir, this thread is for students only, you'll get the help you need here: https://www.nairaland.com/608780/usa-visit-visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 9:49am On Feb 02, 2013
VCTROKOYE: HI, Please, I am interested in USA visa for visiting. How do I play(i.e where)? I understand that its faster to get letter of interview if US embassy is chosen as the venue for interview. Please I need to know. Thanks.

what da?!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bukahands(m): 10:02am On Feb 02, 2013
bigfrancis21:
I'm not sure you'll be able to see them until the specified date by ETS reaches. If it is two weeks after your exam you'll have to wait till two weeks. Mine was ready way before the specified date and I kept checking and checking back but I couldn't see my scores until the specified date reached.

Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 10:03am On Feb 02, 2013
Have u ever heard of swimming? Yes! There's a faster method of going to the us! Swim from bar beach to hudson bay,NY!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Flawlessdiva1(f): 10:09am On Feb 02, 2013
Hi, I wil love to be put through all these admission and visa hassles.
My younger brother is yet to write his waec this year and i'm looking out for schools abroad for him. The best bet is Us(houston texas) ås i got some family friends there that can act ås sponsors.
I have gone through the admission requirements at UH and they need Toefl for non native English speakers.
My questions include:
1. How do i go about registering Toefl and Sat for him. The cost and if anyone has relevant materials for these exam, i would be glad if they are sent to my email:prettieinluv2008@yahoo.com.
2. What other skuls in the state is relatively cheap, how about UCLA or any other school ås He wants to do any IT related course or Engineering.
3. Must one's sponsor be a relative, can it be a family friend residing it the states?.
I want to start ås early ås possible to see if everything will work out before fall next year.
From all that i have read so får, you need to be admitted before you can start to think of visa processing. I reside in the east and will be grateful if immediate guidance is offered. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Flawlessdiva1(f): 10:16am On Feb 02, 2013
log1:

sent
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee send to prettieinluv2008@yahoo.com. Thanksi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 12:24pm On Feb 02, 2013
ebdib:
Have u ever heard of swimming? Yes! There's a faster method of going to the us! Swim from bar beach to hudson bay,NY!
Hahaha! Now you got me laughing real hard here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 12:53pm On Feb 02, 2013
Flawless~diva:
Hi, I wil love to be put through all these admission and visa hassles.
My younger brother is yet to write his waec this year and i'm looking out for schools abroad for him. The best bet is Us(houston texas) ås i got some family friends there that can act ås sponsors.
I have gone through the admission requirements at UH and they need Toefl for non native English speakers.
My questions include:
1. How do i go about registering Toefl and Sat for him. The cost and if anyone has relevant materials for these exam, i would be glad if they are sent to my email:prettieinluv2008@yahoo.com.
2. What other skuls in the state is relatively cheap, how about UCLA or any other school ås He wants to do any IT related course or Engineering.
3. Must one's sponsor be a relative, can it be a family friend residing it the states?.
I want to start ås early ås possible to see if everything will work out before fall next year.
From all that i have read so får, you need to be admitted before you can start to think of visa processing. I reside in the east and will be grateful if immediate guidance is offered. Thanks
1) TOEFL, being more flexible than the GRE, can be written in many regions in Nigeria, including the east. It can be written at Owerri, Aba, and Port-harcourt. The registration fee is $175 (N28,000). You either register yourself or through an agent (N35000). With agent registration you pay more. It is advised that you register early for the TOEFL given the rush and centers fill up quickly. Get more information here of registration and fees here,
https://toeflrts.ets.org/OnlineRegistration/rts/FAQ.jsp

http://www.ets.org/bin/getprogram.cgi?urlSource=toefl&newRegURL=&test=TOEFL&greClosed=new&greClosedCountry=China&browserType=&toeflType=&redirect=&t_country1=group_Nigeria

2) SAT can be written in the east. The one place I do know of is at Aba - Dority International Secondary School, Aba. There I wrote my GRE. The school is run by a black american lady married to an Igbo. And the school churns out the best in WAEC/NECO every year. The registration fee is $50. Get more information here,
http://professionals.collegeboard.com/testing/sat-reasoning/register/fees
Or call Uncle Lewis on 08180461731.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by inspirizu(m): 1:18pm On Feb 02, 2013
bigfrancis21:
The two most common ways are,
1) Having someone overseas pay for you. SEVIS fee can be paid via Western Union but you can't remit money via WU in Nigeria here. You can only receive. Disappointing right?
2) Going to Benin republic and paying through the Western Union branch in Ecobank bank there. Funny enough you can pay via WU in a small country like Benin republic, but not in Nigeria, 'the giant of Africa'. Smh
This isn't a journey for the faint-hearted. You'll have to prepare for it.
bigfrancis21:
1) Having someone overseas pay for you. SEVIS fee can be paid via Western Union but you can't remit money via WU in Nigeria here. You can only receive. Disappointing right?
2) Going to Benin republic and paying through the Western Union branch in Ecobank bank there. Funny enough you can pay via WU in a small country like Benin republic, but not in Nigeria, 'the giant of Africa'. Smh

Tanks bros u2 much I will weigh my option if the money to go to benin republic is less dan $40 I will go
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by inspirizu(m): 1:19pm On Feb 02, 2013
bigfrancis21:
bigfrancis21:

Tanks bros u2 much I will weigh my option if the money to go to benin republic is less dan $40 I will go
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 3:05pm On Feb 02, 2013
BigFrancis pls check your email.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Flawlessdiva1(f): 4:01pm On Feb 02, 2013
bigfrancis21:
1) TOEFL, being more flexible than the GRE, can be written in many regions in Nigeria, including the east. It can be written at Owerri, Aba, and Port-harcourt. The registration fee is $175 (N28,000). You either register yourself or through an agent (N35000). With agent registration you pay more. It is advised that you register early for the TOEFL given the rush and centers fill up quickly. Get more information here of registration and fees here,
https://toeflrts.ets.org/OnlineRegistration/rts/FAQ.jsp

http://www.ets.org/bin/getprogram.cgi?urlSource=toefl&newRegURL=&test=TOEFL&greClosed=new&greClosedCountry=China&browserType=&toeflType=&redirect=&t_country1=group_Nigeria

2) SAT can be written in the east. The one place I do know of is at Aba - Dority International Secondary School, Aba. There I wrote my GRE. The school is run by a black american lady married to an Igbo. And the school churns out the best in WAEC/NECO every year. The registration fee is $50. Get more information here,
http://professionals.collegeboard.com/testing/sat-reasoning/register/fees
Or call Uncle Lewis on 08180461731.
Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 4:21pm On Feb 02, 2013
kpolli and imperriox I don hear oo grin
on this thread it takes only one person to say something b4 problem starts and im just trying to avoid dat from happening. my bro is joining this thread very soon.he's preparing for waec and sat dis yr so u pple shud be nice 2 him on my behalf. grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:43pm On Feb 02, 2013
Mamacita007: kpolli and imperriox I don hear oo grin
on this thread it takes only one person to say something b4 problem starts and im just trying to avoid dat from happening. my bro is joining this thread very soon.he's preparing for waec and sat dis yr so u pple shud be nice 2 him on my behalf. grin grin

Ok, ma'am
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:46pm On Feb 02, 2013
@Bigfrancis,

You are doing great sending materials to those in need of them. You won't know how great being helpful without thinking of end gain is until you started reaping the rewards. Internet prayers work. Keep it up.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by xtus(m): 4:48pm On Feb 02, 2013
@ all and bros imperiouxx, plz can I used a friend in US as my sponsor by submitting his bank statement to the university in other to get my I-20 and also when going for my visa interview. Plz help!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:54pm On Feb 02, 2013
xtus: @ all and bros imperiouxx, plz can I used a friend in US as my sponsor by submitting his bank statement to the university in other to get my I-20 and also when going for my visa interview. Plz help!!!!

Since the onset on this thread, I heard it isn't a good idea because it doesn't show part of tie to Nigeria but I don't know how true it is. All I've heard here is sponsor's account from Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by xtus(m): 5:04pm On Feb 02, 2013
imperiouxx:

Since the onset on this thread, I heard it isn't a good idea because it doesn't show part of tie to Nigeria but I don't know how true it is. All I've heard here is sponsor's account from Nigeria.

Thanx a lot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by crespo67: 5:33pm On Feb 02, 2013
Hello every one...am new here...gone through some of d previous post on dis thread and av bin really inspired...Am planning on taking d gre exam in march..wud love if anyone here cud send me d latest gre soft copies to my box...davidenaohwo@yahoo.com...tanx y'all...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by crespo67: 5:50pm On Feb 02, 2013
Hello house...am quite new here,buh am starting 2 feel like part of dis family already...been through some of d previous post and av been really inspired...tanx 2 all d contributors on d thread...am currently doing my youth service,planning for my masters in fall 2014..going for power systems engineering,graduated from uniben 2011,cgpa 3.46...my first choice skul is unvervisty of houston,texas..north carolina state university,illonois institute of technology...I began preparing for the gre recently,buh am currently using d old barron(2011 edition)..wud love if the anyone in d house cud send me the best materials 2 ace the gre...am really hoping 2 get funding..ok,lemme press pause for nw,my email is davidenaohwo@gmail.com...tanx guyz...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 6:07pm On Feb 02, 2013
llooll yvete is going to have many children in UH this yr oo grin grin plus me too llooolll
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mystiqme: 6:14pm On Feb 02, 2013
Mamacita007: llooll yvete is going to have many children in UH this yr oo grin grin plus me too llooolll
Mama Yvete
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by buzritchy: 7:13pm On Feb 02, 2013
hi NL... I need the latest GMAT materials, GRE and TOEFL....... to study. my email- rao4reeal@yahoo.com. God bless every1... imperioxxx, Yvette dey hail una oooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by buzritchy: 7:15pm On Feb 02, 2013
buzritchy: hi NL... I need the latest GMAT materials, GRE and TOEFL....... to study. my email- rao4reeal@yahoo.com. God bless every1... imperioxxx, Yvette dey hail una oooo.

mistake wt d mail- rao4real@ yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 8:32pm On Feb 02, 2013
crespo67: Hello every one...am new here...gone through some of d previous post on dis thread and av bin really inspired...Am planning on taking d gre exam in march..wud love if anyone here cud send me d latest gre soft copies to my box...davidenaohwo@yahoo.com...tanx y'all...
Sent.
Please refer to the images on page 211 of this thread on how to successfully unzip the two pdf books.

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.