Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,437 members, 7,888,368 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 05:46 AM

Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly - Sports (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly (35503 Views)

Exposed! Why Nigeria Olympic Team Failed In London / Nigeria's Olympic Team Beaten In Away Tanzania! / Wht Happ 2 Sunday Bada[nigeria's Olympic Gold Medalist]heard He Had An Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by ortopazz(m): 8:08pm On Aug 04, 2012
Updates abeg!
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 04, 2012
Wow! 10.92 is yet another personal best for Blessing Okagbare
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by ItGeek(m): 8:08pm On Aug 04, 2012
chic2pimp: I hope I am wrong but I see the Medals going to Jeter,Fraser and Campbell-Brown.

If she sorts out her start I see her medalling, pipping Campbell Brown to the Bronze.

If she starts well in the finals, she'll get a medal, apart from jeter, she's got the best acceleration in the last 60 m
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 8:12pm On Aug 04, 2012
Regina up first. She has big sister Amantle Montsho to guide her through the race.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by ortopazz(m): 8:12pm On Aug 04, 2012
God abeg o!
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by ItGeek(m): 8:15pm On Aug 04, 2012
regina out embarassed embarassed cry
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by phyl123: 8:15pm On Aug 04, 2012
Regina DID NOT QUALIFY
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 8:15pm On Aug 04, 2012
Too much for Regina. But she is one for the future. She was reacting to the people in front of her.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 04, 2012
Did she make it? Regina
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by fredoooooo: 8:16pm On Aug 04, 2012
regina 5th
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 8:17pm On Aug 04, 2012
51.35 is not a bad time for a 21 year old. Lara up next.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by toluxe0075: 8:19pm On Aug 04, 2012
Regina 4th omothosho on
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by ItGeek(m): 8:21pm On Aug 04, 2012
ola_pluto: 51.35 is not a bad time for a 21 year old. Lara up next.

If she's groomed, she'll be a world beater in 4 years time. Unfortunately we have a bad habits of killing talents, once the olympics are over, she'll be on her own.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by phyl123: 8:22pm On Aug 04, 2012
Omotosho out
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by fredoooooo: 8:22pm On Aug 04, 2012
lara 4th
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by hollandis(f): 8:22pm On Aug 04, 2012
I have no hope for d tigers ,off I go ...
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 8:23pm On Aug 04, 2012
Future is good for Nigeria's 400m women! Lara ran a brilliant race. Places 4th. 51.41 is a good time for a 21 year old. Please let us send this gal to America to start training for next olympics. Let her be under coach Egbunike, Lara can be dominant.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by chic2pimp(m): 8:23pm On Aug 04, 2012
ItGeek:

If she starts well in the finals, she'll get a medal, apart from jeter, she's got the best acceleration in the last 60 m

If she starts well I'll be disappointed if she does not medal.

Her top end speed is ridiculously fast. She just needs to make sure the field does not get away from her.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by ayusco: 8:23pm On Aug 04, 2012
:owow great one blessing will b rooting for u all the way. Wateve happens tonite she's the real deal.once she masters her start menn I think we would hav a world champ on our hands GO BLESSING!
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by SamAfrik(m): 8:24pm On Aug 04, 2012
Blessing In
Gloria Out
Blessing has got probs starting.
Is she doing 200m? She sure needs a miracle 4 a medal in dt 100m final
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 8:27pm On Aug 04, 2012
hollandis: I have no hope for d tigers ,off I go ...
where are you going? Wont you wait for the final? abi you got the tickets free ni?
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by Onegai(f): 8:37pm On Aug 04, 2012
Blessing needs to accelerate from the start. She's fast, but she has to go from the start and get faster. Let's hope she has a strategy. I think the women's athletics will yield something, Female sports in Nigeria has less politics involved, so they actually pick talent.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by crowaddy(m): 8:55pm On Aug 04, 2012
Onegai: Blessing needs to accelerate from the start. She's fast, but she has to go from the start and get faster. Let's hope she has a strategy. I think the women's athletics will yield something, Female sports in Nigeria has less politics involved, so they actually pick talent.
What politics? Do you think its football we are talking about here?
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 9:01pm On Aug 04, 2012
Blessing gets lane 6 for the final. That is very nice! She's beside Jeter and Shelly Price. Now this is very good. She can react better with Shelly Ann fraser-pryse beside her. If these 3 are level at any point before 60m, then Blessing will win gold.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by Onegai(f): 9:12pm On Aug 04, 2012
crowaddy:
What politics? Do you think its football we are talking about here?

I know someone who has competed at African Games as a cyclist and qualified. He's training in the US under good coaches and he's showing promise, so he's working towards the next Olympics. Yet he didn't make the Nigerian team. why? Soon, we'll see him competing for the US if we're not careful.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by akintun: 9:17pm On Aug 04, 2012
Come on Bekele. It looks as if Blessing can run down any athlete including SAFP. Jeter and Blessing will run down d remaining atheles
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by Olamisoji(m): 9:25pm On Aug 04, 2012
I love you blessing.you can do it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 9:26pm On Aug 04, 2012
3 Americans, 2 Africans, 2 Jamaicans, 1 from trinidad. Alyson Felix will not come near 1st 5. I predict Blessing (gold)-Jeter(silver)- Shelly Fraser(bronze). Patriotism driving me

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by Olamisoji(m): 9:27pm On Aug 04, 2012
Is ajoke odumosu not in d olympics at all
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 9:29pm On Aug 04, 2012
Olamisoji: Is ajoke odumosu not in d olympics at all
Joke runs tomorrow in the 400m hurdles heat. I pray she makes the final of her event too.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by Olamisoji(m): 9:31pm On Aug 04, 2012
ola_pluto:
Joke runs tomorrow in the 400m hurdles heat. I pray she makes the final of her event too.
thanks a lot

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (28) (Reply)

"This Is A Bad Dream" - Emiliano Sala's Father Reacts As Plane Wreckage Is Found / 22 Years Old Bennacer Named 2019 AFCON Player Of The Tournament / PSG Opens New Offer For Cavani Just To Allow Neymar Take Penalties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.