Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,430 members, 7,888,334 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 03:44 AM

Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly (35501 Views)

Exposed! Why Nigeria Olympic Team Failed In London / Nigeria's Olympic Team Beaten In Away Tanzania! / Wht Happ 2 Sunday Bada[nigeria's Olympic Gold Medalist]heard He Had An Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2012
Within the next 3 hours, Nigeria will win an Olympic medal. It can be gold, it can be silver, it can be bronze, but we will enter the zone today. Blessing Okagbare should take a Nigerian flag with her when she goes out for the final tonight. She will need it.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by MrNigeria2(m): 5:49pm On Aug 04, 2012
ola_pluto: Within the next 3 hours, Nigeria will win an Olympic medal. It can be gold, it can be silver, it can be bronze, but we will enter the zone today. Blessing Okagbare should take a Nigerian flag with her when she goes out for the final tonight. She will need it.

when is the time for semi final and final respectively?
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 5:57pm On Aug 04, 2012
MrNigeria.:

when is the time for semi final and final respectively?
Blessing runs at about 7:51pm and Gloria runs 8 minutes before that.
The final is at 9:55pm, 20 minutes before Nigeria vs Argentina basketball. I hope it ends well for Nigeria today.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by ortopazz(m): 5:57pm On Aug 04, 2012
ola_pluto: Within the next 3 hours, Nigeria will win an Olympic medal. It can be gold, it can be silver, it can be bronze, but we will enter the zone today. Blessing Okagbare should take a Nigerian flag with her when she goes out for the final tonight. She will need it.

i hope so,god abeg
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by hollandis(f): 6:25pm On Aug 04, 2012
Y'll should watch out for men 400m hurdles in 1 hour time
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by ortopazz(m): 6:52pm On Aug 04, 2012
At holandiz thtz when amaechi morton runs right?
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 7:11pm On Aug 04, 2012
Amaechi Morton comes in next. He needs to avoid hitting the hurdles. I hope he makes it.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by chic2pimp(m): 7:16pm On Aug 04, 2012
Amaechi has to come in the top two because I don't see him qualifying as one of the fastest loosers If I am being honest.

Luckily his semi final draw is by some distance the easiest of the three.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 7:16pm On Aug 04, 2012
Only a PB will take Amaechi through. Big moment for my man
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by akintun: 7:16pm On Aug 04, 2012
Morton is about to go. He really needs to be among d first two.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by chic2pimp(m): 7:17pm On Aug 04, 2012
Morton has pulled out
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 7:18pm On Aug 04, 2012
Shame. His technique has always been a big question.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by fredoooooo: 7:18pm On Aug 04, 2012
what happened to morton angry angry
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by akintun: 7:18pm On Aug 04, 2012
I knew Morton was injured after d semi finals
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by chic2pimp(m): 7:20pm On Aug 04, 2012
fredoooooo: what happened to morton angry angry

Nah useless technique cuz am ooo.
The Hurdles is a highly technical event where your stride pattern has to be just right.
Morton's technique is probably the worst of the dudes in that semi final. Absolutely Atrocious.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by akintun: 7:21pm On Aug 04, 2012
D guy was injured. It showed during the firs round
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 04, 2012
A pity about Amaechi Morton. He is young enough to grace future Olympics though
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 7:22pm On Aug 04, 2012
akintun: I knew Morton was injured after d semi finals
He wasnt injured!! His technique was clearly not working after 200m. But he should have finished the race. I will try get to him later tonight. He normally gets into his strides at around 200m, but today, he clearly wasnt counting the 13 steps after 100m. Lets get this behind us and look towards blessing Okagbare.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by bjdon: 7:22pm On Aug 04, 2012
Morton was an absolute disgrace! Such poor technique it's unreal.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by chic2pimp(m): 7:24pm On Aug 04, 2012
ola_pluto:
He wasnt injured!! His technique was clearly not working after 200m. But he should have finished the race. I will try get to him later tonight. He normally gets into his strides at around 200m, but today, he clearly wasnt counting the 13 steps after 100m. Lets get this behind us and look towards blessing Okagbare.

Thank u jare. Was just about to say that.
He was simply not good enough. One of the worst technicians on the track this evening
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by fredoooooo: 7:26pm On Aug 04, 2012
chic2pimp:

Nah useless technique cuz am ooo.
The Hurdles is a highly technical event where your stride pattern has to be just right.
Morton's technique is probably the worst of the dudes in that semi final. Absolutely Atrocious.

oga o , where is the sportmanship and respect fot the proffesion ?
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 7:28pm On Aug 04, 2012
bjdon: Morton was an absolute disgrace! Such poor technique it's unreal.
I disagree. He whole-heartedly chose to run for Nigeria. Thats enough. He obviously lacks adequate technical input from the coaches. If he gets a world class coach, he can be the best within 4 years. He's amongst the youngest in the field also. If Nigeria had supported him more, maybe he wont be dropping out like that.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 7:31pm On Aug 04, 2012
Something is wrong with the coaching. No one know how he was feeling. If he completed that race with that technique, it might result in injury. He was bound to hit a hurdle, and I think it was better to quit where he did.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by bjdon: 7:33pm On Aug 04, 2012
ola_pluto:
I disagree. He whole-heartedly chose to run for Nigeria. Thats enough. He obviously lacks adequate technical input from the coaches. If he gets a world class coach, he can be the best within 4 years. He's amongst the youngest in the field also. If Nigeria had supported him more, maybe he wont be dropping out like that.

You have a point brohter. We are quick to attack our people when they don't do well, but forgt they train with inadequte facilities. I guess the emotion of the moment got the better of me. I hope the young man learns from this and comes back stronger in 4 years time
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by akintun: 7:37pm On Aug 04, 2012
Jeter 10.83 with a 0.0 m/ s wind
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by hollandis(f): 7:37pm On Aug 04, 2012
I hate the fact that I am supporting Nigeria .Amaechi just went there to disgrace himself ,why on earth did he pull out ?This is a 400m hurdles not a 110m hurdles for crying out loud .What a buffon ?
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by chic2pimp(m): 7:37pm On Aug 04, 2012
100M Semi Finals.....Jeter wins the Semi Final heat 1 in 10.82

Jeter and Campbell Brown through to the finals........Electric start from Campbell Brown I must say
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by fredoooooo: 7:37pm On Aug 04, 2012
jeter and veronica campbell through , okagbare have loads of work to do , i wish her the best
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by fredoooooo: 7:40pm On Aug 04, 2012
chic2pimp: 100M Semi Finals.....Jeter wins the Semi Final heat 1 in 10.82

Jeter and Campbell Brown through to the finals........Electric start from Campbell Brown I must say

scary
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by fredoooooo: 7:42pm On Aug 04, 2012
chei moi allyson felix ........ kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 7:42pm On Aug 04, 2012
If Gloria Asumnu can come top 5, I will take!
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by fredoooooo: 7:43pm On Aug 04, 2012
gloria pleas try o

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply)

"This Is A Bad Dream" - Emiliano Sala's Father Reacts As Plane Wreckage Is Found / 22 Years Old Bennacer Named 2019 AFCON Player Of The Tournament / PSG Opens New Offer For Cavani Just To Allow Neymar Take Penalties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.