Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,421 members, 7,888,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 01:19 AM

Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly (35499 Views)

Exposed! Why Nigeria Olympic Team Failed In London / Nigeria's Olympic Team Beaten In Away Tanzania! / Wht Happ 2 Sunday Bada[nigeria's Olympic Gold Medalist]heard He Had An Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 7:26pm On Aug 03, 2012
Up Next...Nigeria's queen of track. Blessing Okagbare!! Asumnu ran 11.13. Fast!
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by MrNigeria2(m): 7:27pm On Aug 03, 2012
nawa o, see the first three race with four Nigerians home and adopted. ..well the real home Nigerian qualified.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by BlackBaron: 7:30pm On Aug 03, 2012
Blessing delivers!
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 7:31pm On Aug 03, 2012
10.93!!! People are you seeing what I'm SAWWW
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by ujchief(m): 7:31pm On Aug 03, 2012
Gloria Asomnu took 3rd in heat 3 and qualified, good race, she started good, was second to campbell on 5o mtrs, but got overtaken by ivet.
Okagbare finished 1st and qualified.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by toluxe0075: 7:32pm On Aug 03, 2012
Yes,yes,yes blessing on point
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by omega25red(m): 7:33pm On Aug 03, 2012
wow Blessing can run men.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 7:34pm On Aug 03, 2012
African record is going to be smashed in the semi-final. This Blessing is a real blessing for Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by proudly9ja(m): 7:39pm On Aug 03, 2012
Its now confirmed that they are running on fast tracks!
Blessing was relaxed yet was able to do a personal best. I agree with Olapluto, the African record would be broken either in the semis or finals.

With the way the track is delivering, I wonder what would happen to the men's world record
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 7:52pm On Aug 03, 2012
The time run by Damola Osayomi in the next heat will go a long way in determining the fate of our 4x100 relay team. I hope Damola can run around 11.20
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 7:59pm On Aug 03, 2012
OK. Damola not so fit. 11.36 and she's out of the 100m. She can run the relay qualifiers but not the main race. I think Christy Udoh should take Damola's space. Damola is a star, but her training has been skewed by over-preparation. She pushed herself too hard.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by akintun: 8:05pm On Aug 03, 2012
Blessing was the second most impressive athlete after jeter. She slowed down with 40 meters to go.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by proudly9ja(m): 8:12pm On Aug 03, 2012
The women don't seem to have a dominant athlete in the 100m. We might just sneak a medal (or twowink)
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 8:18pm On Aug 03, 2012
proudly9ja: The women don't seem to have a dominant athlete in the 100m. We might just sneak a medal (or twowink)
I think it will be tough for Gloria Asumnu to enter the final. But Blessing will win her semi-final tomorrow evening and win a medal.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by fredoooooo: 8:20pm On Aug 03, 2012
blessing remind me of mary onyali anytime i see her run ...... grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by fredoooooo: 8:22pm On Aug 03, 2012
only God knows how many nigerians participate in this olympic for another countires .....
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by proudly9ja(m): 8:35pm On Aug 03, 2012
ola_pluto:
I think it will be tough for Gloria Asumnu to enter the final. But Blessing will win her semi-final tomorrow evening and win a medal.

True @Gloria...just hoping.. cool
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by akintun: 8:44pm On Aug 03, 2012
Blessing competes against d best athletes better tha onyali. Onyali would surely make d finals without actually competing 4 a medal, but blessing is d real deal. She can go all d way with a good start.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by chic2pimp(m): 8:58pm On Aug 03, 2012
If there was any doubt before, now there can be no doubt....This London Track is definitely fasttttttttttttt ........Jeter runs a 10.83 without any much effort. Girls are running 10.9s without putting much effort into it. Bloody Hell!

As I predicted I see all the three women medallist(or possibly more) running 10.7s or there abouts.

Lastly Blessing really Impressed me I must say. I definitely see her Medalling If she carries on this rich vein of form.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by hardeyincah(m): 9:37pm On Aug 03, 2012
Thank u blessin... Te Gold medal is urs..... Tanx to Holland and captain pluto.. Good 9t guys am goint to vigil to pray for team Nigeria on d track..
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by pendo89(f): 9:46pm On Aug 03, 2012
Ahaa Ethiopia,kenya.congrats.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by chic2pimp(m): 10:00pm On Aug 03, 2012
[size=25pt]YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS TIRUYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE[/size]
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by akintun: 10:59pm On Aug 03, 2012
Seeing Dibaba winning makes me fear 4 Blessing. We were all expecting Cheruiyot to give to her a tough time, but she destroyed d field at d right time. Jeter and co are proven champions, and dey can turn on d heat at d right time. I just hope she would be ready. Blessing too has proven dat she has d ability to step up. She is in d toughest semi- final with Madison, Ahoure, and Stewart
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 11:41pm On Aug 03, 2012
Blessing surely in toughest heat. She's favourite to win the heat. If all goes well, I expect Ahoure to also qualify as well as Madison. Which means Keron Stewart will not make the final. It will be fast tomorrow!
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 12:12am On Aug 04, 2012
Amaechi Morton is not injured. Good news. He says the hurdle he hit made him lose momemtum, he is fine and ready for tomorrow. I expect Amaechi to go into the final at least.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by akintun: 1:05am On Aug 04, 2012
I think d fight 4 d last place in d final would be btw Allyson Felix and stewart. Stewart did not look good. D jamacian tracks were some of dis girls ran fast times at d beginning of d year and at their national champ is a very fast track and d times run there can be mis- leading.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by Nobody: 3:02am On Aug 04, 2012
video of women's 100m heats:

just click the progress bar at bottom of video at the appropriate place to see the heats. The BBC also interviews Blessing after her race.

If Blessing is not already married, I can bet you that many young men would be breaking down her fathers door to ask for her hand in marriage grin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/live-video/p00w30j3
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by semid4lyfe(m): 7:00am On Aug 04, 2012
GenBuhari: video of women's 100m heats:

just click the progress bar at bottom of video at the appropriate place to see the heats. The BBC also interviews Blessing after her race.

If Blessing is not already married, I can bet you that many young men would be breaking down her fathers door to ask for her hand in marriage grin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/live-video/p00w30j3

This is what I get when I click on the link. Any other link?

Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by akintun: 9:20am On Aug 04, 2012
You cannot get BBC online videos outside d UK. Try YouTube/Olympics.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by chic2pimp(m): 11:30am On Aug 04, 2012
The defending Olympic champion Lashawn Merritt has out of the Mens 400M. He has not recovered sufficiently enough from his hamstring injury it seems.

Tbh I'm absolutely delighted that he failed to make it. Really don't want another Drugs Cheat winning the Olympic Gold Medal or Medal of any colour for that Manner and ruining the Good name of athletics once again.

Up next to be eliminated hpefully is Justin Gatlin and Dwain Chambers. And then every other Drugs cheat that has been allowed to participate by both the CAS courts and their home Olympic organisation
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by chic2pimp(m): 11:37am On Aug 04, 2012
The Golden Girl and face of this Olympics is well on her way to winning the Gold Medal. C'mon Jess!

Hopefully Jessica Ennis wins it. She has taken a commanding lead and it would be a big shame If she throws it all away now.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by fredoooooo: 12:37pm On Aug 04, 2012
chic2pimp: The Golden Girl and face of this Olympics is well on her way to winning the Gold Medal. C'mon Jess!

Hopefully Jessica Ennis wins it. She has taken a commanding lead and it would be a big shame If she throws it all away now.

no let me vex for you o grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (28) (Reply)

"This Is A Bad Dream" - Emiliano Sala's Father Reacts As Plane Wreckage Is Found / 22 Years Old Bennacer Named 2019 AFCON Player Of The Tournament / PSG Opens New Offer For Cavani Just To Allow Neymar Take Penalties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.