Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,083 members, 7,939,382 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 01:44 AM

Who Is God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is God? (4597 Views)

Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God / Is "God" Of The Old Testament Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is God? by Sirniyeh(m): 7:07pm On Jul 24, 2012
It is believed that when one does not understand the purpose of a thing abuse is inevitable. Pls, I implore all Nairalanders to revive a 12yrs old boy from perish. This boy was found in my compound with my daughter caressing. I caught him, scolded and encouraged him to go and have the mind of God, that God is all we need to make an enviable destiny. But to my astonishment, he frowned at me and asked: who is God? A 12yrs old boy asking who God is! He further to say, "what is God? Daddy, na d tin wey dey don dey take deceive all our fathers be that...Ok, how person go know GOD, for where in dey see? Said the boy.
My people, pls, help me. How can one handle this kind situation? If you are confronted with such question, what will you tell him? What and who is God?
Lets join hands to bring our younger ones from the brink of collapse as a result of misunderstanding who God is. Give your definition and save a soul.... Thanks

1 Like

Re: Who Is God? by DevotedOne(m): 12:28am On Jul 25, 2012
In The Name of Allah, The Eternal, The Almighty; Blessed Be HE Forevermore.

Allaah, is the Hidden, the Manifest. The High Exalted, The Righteous. HE, is the Giver of Life. You, I, had No, life before HE, Bestowed Life upon us. There is No, life apart from HIM. HE, has always existed! HE, cannot die. When all of life in the world vanishes, no thing will remain except Allaah, Alone! HE, Alone, can Create as many worlds, and as many forms of life, as will please HIM, Alone. HE, Alone, possesses All Knowledge. HE is the Self-Subsisting, in whom All subsist. HE, Alone, is the Source of Peace, the Guardian of Faith, the Protector, the Unconquerable. Know your LORD GOD!

Wassalaam. DevotedOne

1 Like

Re: Who Is God? by Sirniyeh(m): 8:25am On Jul 25, 2012
Devotedone, from your long explanation or description, what is the real answer to the question, "what is God?"? In your own concise word, how can you convince a 12yrs old boy of who and what God is?
Re: Who Is God? by DeepSight(m): 8:28am On Jul 25, 2012
Sirniyeh: Devotedone, from your long explanation or description, what is the real answer to the question, "what is God?"? In your own concise word, how can you convince a 12yrs old boy of who and what God is?

Tell him that God is an idea that is the perfection of what he himself is: and that he must strive to that idea.
Re: Who Is God? by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 25, 2012
Honestly God represents different thing to different people. If i want to describe God to a 12 yr old, I'll say God is an unseen seer or unseeable seer

No one can see God on the planet earth or wherever but God sees and Knows all
Re: Who Is God? by Sirniyeh(m): 9:16am On Jul 25, 2012
One nairalander emailed me and said, God is an invincible FORCE.
Human is a carrier of God.
Human body is the temple of God
You can use your mind to create anything.
God is nowhere other than in the mind.
toba: Honestly God represents different thing to different people. If i want to describe God to a 12 yr old, I'll say God is an unseen seer or unseeable seer

No one can see God on the planet earth or wherever but God sees and Knows all
One nairalander emailed me and said, God is an invincible FORCE.
Human is a carrier of God.
Human body is the temple of God
You can use your mind to create anything.
God is nowhere other than in the mind.
Re: Who Is God? by Logicbwoy: 9:47am On Jul 25, 2012
God is the opium of the people.

Different people, different hallucinations;

-an invisible superman
-a being of true perfection
-an omnipotent force.

Keep hallucinating, theists!

2 Likes

Re: Who Is God? by ijawkid(m): 10:09am On Jul 25, 2012
Logicbwoy: God is the opium of the people.

-an invisible superman
-an omnipotent force.

you are an opium to yourself....

logic boy repent.....life is damn too short to be denying God....

u stand to loose everything....
Re: Who Is God? by Areaboy2(m): 10:37am On Jul 25, 2012
God is Flash Gordon in disguise grin
Re: Who Is God? by Logicbwoy: 11:16am On Jul 25, 2012
ijawkid:

you are an opium to yourself....

logic boy repent.....life is damn too short to be denying God....

u stand to loose everything....

Life is too damn short to be obeying God.

The guy is a murderer (Noah's flood) a virgin rapist (Mary), a possessive spirit (hardening the heart of Pharoah) an a jealous spirit. grin All proven by the bible grin
Re: Who Is God? by Areaboy2(m): 11:26am On Jul 25, 2012
Logicbwoy:

The guy is a murderer (Noah's flood) a virgin rapist (Mary), a possessive spirit (hardening the heart of Pharoah) an a jealous spirit. grin All proven by the bible grin

omg!! i choked on my big mac grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is God? by lekkie073(m): 11:33am On Jul 25, 2012
God is dat force dat is perceived to be so powerful dat if u are as small as david (my cousin) and u я faced with a goliath(a bully) on ur way to school, he will transform u like atom ant (remember dat cartoon) and u will be bigger than d bully hence, d goliath must run from u.
Re: Who Is God? by Kay17: 11:39am On Jul 25, 2012
DevotedOne: In The Name of Allah, The Eternal, The Almighty; Blessed Be HE Forevermore.

Allaah, is the Hidden, the Manifest. The High Exalted, The Righteous. HE, is the Giver of Life. You, I, had No, life before HE, Bestowed Life upon us. There is No, life apart from HIM. HE, has always existed! HE, cannot die. When all of life in the world vanishes, no thing will remain except Allaah, Alone! HE, Alone, can Create as many worlds, and as many forms of life, as will please HIM, Alone. HE, Alone, possesses All Knowledge. HE is the Self-Subsisting, in whom All subsist. HE, Alone, is the Source of Peace, the Guardian of Faith, the Protector, the Unconquerable. Know your LORD GOD!

Wassalaam. DevotedOne

"He always existed"?! Then he is inevitably bound by Time.

"He cannot DIE" can you really vouch for that, MORTAL one?!
Re: Who Is God? by ijawkid(m): 12:24pm On Jul 25, 2012
Logicbwoy:

u be yeye boy...
i blame the catholic church for your ignorance.....lol grin

ur present day government are murderers for executing criminals when they themselves are criminals...
do u criticize ur govt when they execute criminals??u wanna question God for cleansing badness...

oboy na you and God go settle d issue...u'v become so hard hearted and no turning back....

but i'll tell u this,its not gonna be fun then....
abuse God ,make fun of Him it wont change facts.....
Re: Who Is God? by ghostofsparta(m): 12:55pm On Jul 25, 2012
Logicbwoy: God is the opium of the people.

-an invisible superman
-an omnipotent force.

CORRECT^^^DESCRIPTION
Re: Who Is God? by ghostofsparta(m): 1:02pm On Jul 25, 2012
ijawkid:

u be yeye boy...

ur present day government are murderers for executing criminals when they themselves are criminals...
do u criticize ur govt when they execute criminals??u wanna question God for cleansing badness...

oboy na you and God go settle d issue...u'v become so hard hearted and no turning back....

Which of the following options do these criminals in government swear their oath by before assuming their respective offices?

A. The Holy Bible & The Holy Quran
B. Ayilala, Shango, Ogun, Shokpona, Amadioha
C. Book of the Dead
D. The Grimoire
Re: Who Is God? by Logicbwoy: 1:17pm On Jul 25, 2012
ijawkid:

u be yeye boy...

Yes , little children are evil. they deserve to be drowned in a flood. Foolish christian
Re: Who Is God? by DevotedOne(m): 1:56pm On Jul 25, 2012
In The Name of Allah, The Sovereign, The Holy; Blessed Is HE, Forevermore. The Peace of God Be Upon You, Everyone.

Re: Who Is God? by Sirniyeh(m): 8:25am
Devotedone, from your long explanation or description, what is the real answer to the question, "what is God?"? In your own concise word, how can you convince a 12yrs old boy of who and what God is?

Sirniyeh: Devotedone, from your long explanation or description, what is the real answer to the question, "what is God?"? In your own concise word, how can you convince a 12yrs old boy of who and what God is?

Tell him that God is an idea that is the perfection of what he himself is: and that he must strive to that idea.

In a word...UNIQUE! as there is none like HIM. HE, is your LIGHT, and your GUIDE, in this world and in the next world. HE, is the Owner of Sovereignty. Or if you prefer, the King of (the) Kings -- in this world, or any other world.

Certain it is that we carry a portion of the soul, HE, has gifted us with, and the vital life force, but understand, we are not God. It is more like, God is us!

There never was, when HE, was not. Time does not effect HIM. HE, has created time, to govern the universe('s), which have a term.

Wassalaam. DevotedOne
Re: Who Is God? by Sirniyeh(m): 4:18pm On Jul 25, 2012
Kudos to you all. I have to bring report back to you. I sent for the 12yrs old boy and told him all your explanations so far, wahalahi, the boy molested me. I Fear at the kind of young ones we are breeding this day. The boy replied that all my explanations are meaningless to him. I cautioned myself not to commit suicide because if I should beat him, to the level of my annoyance, infact, i don't know what could happen. I only warned my daughter to dissociated herself from such mindset. But, pls we must not leave the boy like that, how can one convince a 12yrs old boy of who God is? The question is who and what is God? Our society needs the true understanding of the originality of GOD. What is your opinion?
Re: Who Is God? by Avicenna: 4:46pm On Jul 25, 2012
Hahahahaha, hilarious
Don't know what's funny, the kid, the poster or the responders.

I was sincerely wondering whether someone will bring forth a coherent argument in favour of God for a 12year old.
Laborious, isn't it? You are used to using fear and violence.
Man, I'd really like to meet the kid. To atleast tell him why its good to be morally upright. Cos the theists would have created a false dilemma for him. Either he believes in God and be moral or lack belief and be criminal.

Well, a kid like that has no troubles.......except for people like the OP
Re: Who Is God? by Avicenna: 4:50pm On Jul 25, 2012
BTW, ramadan sucks
Can't wait to get out of here to go eat some Amala and gbegiri soup tongue
Re: Who Is God? by Kay17: 4:56pm On Jul 25, 2012
^^
Lol!
Re: Who Is God? by cyrexx: 5:22pm On Jul 25, 2012
Avicenna: BTW, ramadan sucks

i feel you, bro.
i cant imagine starving myself for an imaginary being who does not care what i feel.

well done cool
Re: Who Is God? by Logicbwoy: 5:46pm On Jul 25, 2012
Avicenna: BTW, ramadan sucks

Nice one
Re: Who Is God? by DevotedOne(m): 6:49pm On Jul 25, 2012
In The Name of Allah, The Eternal, The Almighty; Blessed Be HE Forevermore. The Peace Be Upon You Everyone.

I cannot tell you how many people react as the 12 year old, until their life is endangered. Their cry is then, "O God help me." The Ego, in them is is opposed to Spiritual matters, until it is awakened. How can anyone deny God, and still have HIS, breath in them? I am not advocating any abuse to the child, but, concrete reasoning, will most likely "shock" him out of his lethargy.

Chapter 110 Gospel of Barnabas
Now tell me, doth our God at all times grant you [his] bounty? Yea, assuredly; for
unceasingly he ministereth to you the breath whereby ye live. Verily, verily, I say unto
you, every time that your body receiveth breath your heart ought to say: "God be thanked!"'

Salaam/Peace. DevotedOne
Re: Who Is God? by Sirniyeh(m): 6:53am On Jul 26, 2012
[quote author=Avicenna]
Dear friend, well said! But if you meet the boy, he's extra-ordinarily funny. Mind you, There is nothing like "Fear and Violence in this matter." the way and manner you breed or discipline your child may not be acceptable to others. This boy seems to be obsessed with creative and innovative mindset. I foresee such kids becoming inventors. If a 12yrs old boy has such radical IQ to question who God is, without misquoting him, he might not meant or nurture wrong or evil of God in his thinking. But being sincere to himself to explore that which is the truth.
I got to understand this during my interrogation with him when he said boldly to me "sir do you know how your VOICE is being produced within you? It is God inside of you sir. I can use it to create my world..."
the question to me then was, where did such boy of his age get such knowledge? Pls, what can you tell him? Is the boy right or needed to be corrected? But i foresee the boy is going somewhere......
Re: Who Is God? by wiegraf: 7:51am On Jul 26, 2012
I'm sorry op, it being your daughter and all, but your post made me lol. So much so it deserved a like. Sorry. Also, wanted to point out you're demonstrating the reason a few ppl think religion was created all those years ago when various apes aquired abstract thought: to instill fear in children, more or else. That way they'd be easier to control and keep away from harms way, aiding in protecting the species/tribe. Actually, I personally would say that reason popped up later, at first they would have used it to explain stuff like why was everything trying to kill them, what's holding the world up (turtles, all th way to the end), rain, seasons etc. Of course it's still used for that, but note how the list becomes smaller and smaller till eventually...
Re: Who Is God? by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 26, 2012
That boy must be a young Logicboy...
Re: Who Is God? by Krucifax(m): 10:02am On Jul 26, 2012
@ Poster the lack of belief in God is becoming more prevalent in society. More so in societies where free will statutorily espoused. The honest truth is that most of us who believe,do so because it was not optional for us in youth.
It was handed down from family,and while some people may have deviated from a faith to another or from the concept of faith in it's entirety,most people of faith (Jews,Muslims,Christians,Sikhs,Buddhists,Hindus,Taoist etc)have said faiths because they were taught to do so.

Trying to convince a person without a believe in a faith system is incredibly hard,because believers of faith systems also harbor serious doubts over many issues.
Re: Who Is God? by Logicbwoy: 10:02am On Jul 26, 2012
musKeeto: That boy must be a young Logicboy...

angry angry angry

See my life. My name has become synonymous with militant atheist. Kai, na me be dis?
Re: Who Is God? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 26, 2012
Lwkmd...
Re: Who Is God? by denzel2009: 10:20am On Jul 26, 2012
The Alpha and Omega
The Ancient of Days
The Lion of Judah
The Fountain of living waters
The King of kings

He is also:

El Shaddai (Lord God Almighty)
El Elyon (The Most High God)
Adonai (Lord, Master)
Yahweh (Lord, Jehovah)
Jehovah Nissi (The Lord My Banner)
Jehovah-Raah (The Lord My Shepherd)
Jehovah Rapha (The Lord That Heals)
Jehovah Shammah (The Lord Is There)
Jehovah Tsidkenu (The Lord Our Righteousness)
Jehovah Mekoddishkem (The Lord Who Sanctifies You)

My Help from the ages past. Give Him all the Glory cos He is Awesome!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Name Your Best Worship Leader / "Leave This Place" Jesus Told A Man IN Hajj / Osanyin (osain / Ozain) Talking In My Shrine [video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.