Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,089 members, 7,939,410 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 03:20 AM

Who Is God? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is God? (4598 Views)

Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God / Is "God" Of The Old Testament Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is God? by DevotedOne(m): 1:18am On Jul 31, 2012
In The Name of The Almighty God. Salaam/Peace. Oh my, I apologize for mentioning it.
Re: Who Is God? by nyameke: 5:22am On Jul 31, 2012
rhymz: You are a dolt that is looking for attention. Go and rest in your tiny crappy hole, you are neither witty or smart, take your petty belief to you "god", he cares abt you BS, I don't!
grin Lmao.. like I care if you believe in my God or not. Keep crying lol.
Re: Who Is God? by Nobody: 5:25am On Jul 31, 2012
I'd be more worried about that 12 years old boy caressing your daughter and less about God, a superior being written in a Bible that was authored by human beings.
Re: Who Is God? by nyameke: 5:32am On Jul 31, 2012
Kay 17:

I don't see a reason why we should presume the existence of spirit beings.
spirit beings are not presumptions Kay17.
We are all spirit beings having a human experience .
Re: Who Is God? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 31, 2012
Ever wondered why all Gods(images) look like the inhabitants of the region from which they originate?
Re: Who Is God? by rhymz(m): 9:16am On Jul 31, 2012
musKeeto: Ever wondered why all Gods(images) look like the inhabitants of the region from which they originate?

you dey mind all those preposterous sound bites they use in the bible to cajole people. We are created in "God's" image yet there are black people and white looking people. We have imbeciles, kids with autism, those extremely ugly people all classified as God's image. Then one has to grapple with the three in one Person image they prescribe to him. At one point, Jesus is God, at another point, He is God's son; na so dem just dey confuse themselves with stories and philosophies wey no add up.
Paul come in own, bring salvation by faith without work; does it even make sense. The bible is full of contradictions and distorted history.
Look at it this way, how come people believe recorded history of events that happened almost a century before they were recorded, how na?
Re: Who Is God? by Kay17: 9:52am On Jul 31, 2012
nyameke: spirit beings are not presumptions Kay17.
We are all spirit beings having a human experience .

Which you had declared without justification.
Re: Who Is God? by rhymz(m): 10:24am On Jul 31, 2012
Kay 17:

You dey my the dumb kid that is trying so hard to come across as bright even though it is obvious he has got no clue what he is yapping about.
Like say metaphysical debate na clear cut one. Let him come and explain his understanding of Spirits, e dey there dey write gibberish.
Re: Who Is God? by Kay17: 10:37am On Jul 31, 2012
They rely on popular misconceptions
Re: Who Is God? by rhymz(m): 10:57am On Jul 31, 2012
Kay 17: They rely on popular misconceptions
and they quote such BS with so much boastful, ignorant confidence like the idea is originally theirs .
Re: Who Is God? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 31, 2012
Not "who is God" You should ask "What is God ?" GOD is a constellation of solar energy (spiritual) beings. These legion of energies made everything within the sub-universe. Earth is just one of the billions of energy balls made by these highest intelligence energy beings. The energy beings arent bound by space and time, and they travel at nucleonic speed, higher than speed of light to be able to cover their vast creation, they have representatives that supervises different consciousness levels at each intervals, for example, the God-avatar, say Jehovah, that guided Moses, is a god on the lower astral consciousness, and there are other gods, who are at higher consciousness, just as we grow, the spirits and gods grow, and they also carry out nominations to put up some God that will lord over the Universe at a particular time frame. Let me stop here for now. As man is, God once was, as God is, man may be.....
Re: Who Is God? by DevotedOne(m): 1:45pm On Jul 31, 2012
In The Name of The Self-Subsisting God, In Whom All Subsist. HIS Peace Be Upon You Everyone. Allaah, God, is Spirit, and must be worshiped in Spirit and Truth. I suspect that many of you are not giving the following paragraphs a close enough read. There is no argument here that I can see:

When Jesus had said this, Philip answered: 'We are content to serve God, but we desire,
however, to know God. For Isaiah the prophet said: "Verily thou art a hidden God,"
and God said to Moses his servant: "I am that which I am."

Jesus answered: 'Philip, God is a good without which there is naught good; God is a being
without which there is naught that is; God is a life without which there is naught that liveth;
so great that he filleth all and is everywhere. He alone hath no equal. He hath had no
beginning, nor will he ever have an end, but to everything hath he given a beginning and to
everything shall he give an end. He hath no father nor mother; he hath no sons, nor
brethren, nor companions. And because God hath no body, therefore he eateth not, sleepeth
not, dieth not, walketh not, moveth not, but abideth eternally without human similitude, for
that he is incorporeal, uncompounded, immaterial, of the most simple substance. He is so
good that he loveth goodness only; he is so just that when he punisheth or pardoneth it
cannot be gainsaid. In short, I say unto thee, Philip, that here on earth thou canst not see him
nor know him perfectly; but in his kingdom thou shalt see him for ever: wherein consisteth all our happiness and glory.'

Philip answered: 'Master, what sayest thou? It is surely written in Isaiah that God is our father; how, then, hath he no sons?' Jesus answered: 'There are written in the prophets many parables, wherefore thou oughtest not to attend to the letter, but to the sense. For all the prophets, that are one hundred and forty-four thousand, whom God hath sent into the world, have spoken darkly. But after me shall come the Splendour of all the prophets and holy ones, and shall shed light upon the darkness of all that the prophets have said, because he is the messenger of God.' And having said this, Jesus sighed and said: 'Have mercy on Israel, O Lord God and look with pity upon Abraham and upon his seed, in order that they may serve thee with truth of heart.

His disciples answered: 'So be it, O Lord our God!' Jesus said: 'Verily I say unto you, the scribes and doctors have made void the law of God with their false prophecies, contrary to the prophecies of the true prophets of God: Wherefore God is wroth with the house of Israel and with this faithless generation.' His disciples wept at these words, and said: 'Have mercy, O God, have mercy upon the temple and upon the holy city, and give it not into contempt of the nations that they despise not thy holy covenant.' Jesus answered: 'So be it, Lord God of our fathers.'
Chapter 17 Gospel of Barnabas

Salaam/Peace. DevotedOne
Re: Who Is God? by Sirniyeh(m): 4:00pm On Jul 31, 2012
Rhymz, i fear you o! You almost scatter my oblangata. Why did you hit hard like that? Your explanation fit throw person inside canal! Anyway, can you prove all your theisis and hypothesis above? All eyes and mind on you...
Re: Who Is God? by Sweetnecta: 5:01pm On Jul 31, 2012
@Avicenna:
6:17pm On Jul 27

rash47: ALLAHU WAHEED (God is one)

GOD is everywhere

There is the hand of GOD in everything we do

The easiest route to know Almighty GOD is thru knowledge

Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of
science or a dose of common sense

Knowledge is the easiest route to know Your God is fake and completely imaginary.
it is interesting that many medical students who are muslims are on nairaland. a young woman from yorubaland studying medicine overseas have not found reason to say God does not exist, yet. oh. i forgot, its her tradition since she comes from a muslim bloodline and regardless of being allowed to be overseas alone without her parents is not good reason to say that she has not found the knowledge, yet. she is probably a muslim for her parents. yet she is a lioness in her zeal for Islam, religion that medicine has not debunk,yet in her mind.

but wait a minute. i personally know of igbo young medical student woman in philadelphia. she is the first in her family to be muslim. her parents are doctors too in minnesota and she is still unmarried so we can not say she became muslim for any man! in america, we see people, educated and lay persons coming to islam by truckloads. i wonder what knowledge the lack for coming to islam?

Science has not been able to explain everything and will never be able to in the whole length of time human will be on earth, otherwise knowledge would be already complete or soon to be complete under the sun, under the heavens.

50 years ago hiv-aids was not known, or least imagined. lets make it 100 years because that is a better figure. the cure for it is not found, yet. cancer that has been around longer do not have cure for each, yet. how about bacteria/virus that can kill man in a span of little time after entering the human body? has medicine found prevention for it?

The God that some are denying is the Creator and Allah says in the Glorious Quran that some have taken their intellect as their object of worship. Allah further states that He has allowed satan to control the disbelievers. We see how arrogance pharaoh was and it was the stick in the hand of Moses [as] that Allah used for his doom. and today, we see pharaoh being seen lying lifeless far from when he was the arrogant ruler of Nubian Egypt declaring himself as God and under whose command the nile flows northward, being the only body of water that does this.

We need to rethink and realize that we get older everyday and we can not control mere aging that is happening to us. I am sure i would have love to be 25, for ever. ok. 33 or there about. but that is not going to happen and sooner or later my time on earth will be over. so is everyone. what happened to us then? this is a big question that science does not have true answer for, except the obvious; decaying. This is such a simple answer that can never satisfy the complexity of our end, considering how complex our living has been on this earth.

Let us mind ourselves and asked if we are not just plain wrong about our origin, origin of others, even the whole known and the possibly unknown things in our universe. How possible can these originated by random chance? Can there be an equally chance that there is a Source that brought them to being and because we do not see that source, we simply say it should all be chalked up to random chance?

I am satisfied that God exist. How satisfied are you that He does not, hence you exist by random chance, especially when you see mum being the wife of dad the husband?
Re: Who Is God? by rhymz(m): 9:14pm On Jul 31, 2012
Sirniyeh: Rhymz, i fear you o! You almost scatter my oblangata. Why did you hit hard like that? Your explanation fit throw person inside canal! Anyway, can you prove all your theisis and hypothesis above? All eyes and mind on you...
my Brother, What I am saying is the truth. You see this mind of ours, it works like a computer program, you can make it believe what you want it to believe. You think you would have been talking about the existence of a God if you had been born in a society where God is believed to be non-existent and all you have been taught is that he does not exist. I tell my christian brothers that it is sheer blind arrogance for them to say that unless one is born again in the christian way that one will not earn eternal life and all that eldorado after-life promises cos if that is the case, it therefore means that God has predestined those who were not born into christianity or Societies that prohibit christianity to be damned even before they had a chance. Because just as A christian who has been born into christianity and taught christianity from birth will defend his beliefs, thesame goes for the opposing side, what they defend is what they were borne into and have known to be the truth. That is the programming and conditioning of the mind that I am talking about. What do you think going to church and mosque is all a about, if not mind programming and indoctrination.
God is man's creation, his answer to the limitations of his intelligence. Something that can not be proved or disproved does not exist. While the bible is a very good source of history, it still has to be stated that the bible was written with heavy Bias to make intended readers belief in certain ways that favours a religious agenda and not neccessarily to represent the facts of history of the time.
For instance, most of what one reads on the gospels of the new testament is so contradictory and puts Paul in way that makes him look smarter than Jesus. In fact, he is the founder of todays christianity as presently practised. He explained Jesus in a way that Jesus himself did not intend. It was obvious Paul had problems observing the traditional mosaic law and his counter philosophy was to com up with faith based salvation that looked like a myth from Roman gods where people that worshipped Zeus got some kind of devine atonement for their sins through believing in the violent death and resurrection of Zeus. The whole faith without work concept was Paul's idea and not any God. Even from the way he writes, it was obvious the man was having problem with Jesus's brother James and his disciples Peter who were the leaders of the Jerusalem Church. Don't you christians find it funny that Paul who never met Jesus got a so-called higher revelation from God knows where than the true followers of Jesus. His conversion on his way to Damascus were his own accounts and claims, nobody corroborated his claims of conversion and being blind, it was only Paul, yet everyone believed every frigging thing this man wrote. From his tone in the letters he wrote to the churches he set up, it was obvious the man was trying so hard to start his own watered down form of Judaism in the mould of today's christianity cashing on Jesus's death and ressurection as a spring board. The whole thing is one man's idea, don't be decieved.
Let me give you a little insight, go and make a little research on the authors of those new testament books that gave account of Jesus's life, you will noticed most of them borrowed heavily from what Paul had already written about his own mission of what he thinks Jesus was all about. From Mattew to mark to Luke, all of them just borrowed from eachother's writings which most of the times are traced back to Mr Paul. The book of John are even more mysterious as nobody knows if the person giving the account was a disciple or somebody planted by the roman controlled high priest to spy on Jesus. Na all these kind account na im people go carry up and down dey shout God says bla bla bla. . Most of them are too daft to find out about how it was possible for these men to wtite full detailed account of a man many of these men did not meet in person let alone do an interview with him yet they are able to write he said word for words, na beans. . Scheeeew. Abegi jor

1 Like

Re: Who Is God? by rhymz(m): 9:26pm On Jul 31, 2012
Sweetnecta: @Avicenna: it is interesting that many medical students who are muslims are on nairaland. a young woman from yorubaland studying medicine overseas have not found reason to say God does not exist, yet. oh. i forgot, its her tradition since she comes from a muslim bloodline and regardless of being allowed to be overseas alone without her parents is not good reason to say that she has not found the knowledge, yet. she is probably a muslim for her parents. yet she is a lioness in her zeal for Islam, religion that medicine has not debunk,yet in her mind.

but wait a minute. i personally know of igbo young medical student woman in philadelphia. she is the first in her family to be muslim. her parents are doctors too in minnesota and she is still unmarried so we can not say she became muslim for any man! in america, we see people, educated and lay persons coming to islam by truckloads. i wonder what knowledge the lack for coming to islam?

Science has not been able to explain everything and will never be able to in the whole length of time human will be on earth, otherwise knowledge would be already complete or soon to be complete under the sun, under the heavens.

50 years ago hiv-aids was not known, or least imagined. lets make it 100 years because that is a better figure. the cure for it is not found, yet. cancer that has been around longer do not have cure for each, yet. how about bacteria/virus that can kill man in a span of little time after entering the human body? has medicine found prevention for it?

The God that some are denying is the Creator and Allah says in the Glorious Quran that some have taken their intellect as their object of worship. Allah further states that He has allowed satan to control the disbelievers. We see how arrogance pharaoh was and it was the stick in the hand of Moses [as] that Allah used for his doom. and today, we see pharaoh being seen lying lifeless far from when he was the arrogant ruler of Nubian Egypt declaring himself as God and under whose command the nile flows northward, being the only body of water that does this.

We need to rethink and realize that we get older everyday and we can not control mere aging that is happening to us. I am sure i would have love to be 25, for ever. ok. 33 or there about. but that is not going to happen and sooner or later my time on earth will be over. so is everyone. what happened to us then? this is a big question that science does not have true answer for, except the obvious; decaying. This is such a simple answer that can never satisfy the complexity of our end, considering how complex our living has been on this earth.

Let us mind ourselves and asked if we are not just plain wrong about our origin, origin of others, even the whole known and the possibly unknown things in our universe. How possible can these originated by random chance? Can there be an equally chance that there is a Source that brought them to being and because we do not see that source, we simply say it should all be chalked up to random chance?

I am satisfied that God exist. How satisfied are you that He does not, hence you exist by random chance, especially when you see mum being the wife of dad the husband?
there is too much religious make belief gibberish in your head that you need to off-load if you want to know the truth. I can understand inhibitions occassioned by the long, constant religious indoctrination you have been subjected to but if you allow yourself to ask common simple questions they don't want you to ask, you will realize the folly of long held religious beliefs. Please stop writing the nonsense you have up there biko, it defiles both spiritual and common sense.
Re: Who Is God? by nyameke: 2:48am On Aug 01, 2012
Kay 17:

I have talked about this on other threads and I am not going to do that on here again. But to put it simply mind and spirit are one and the same.
Kay 17: They rely on popular misconceptions
what popular misconceptions?
Re: Who Is God? by nyameke: 3:20am On Aug 01, 2012
rhymz: You dey my the dumb kid that is trying so hard to come across as bright even though it is obvious he has got no clue what he is yapping about.
Like say metaphysical debate na clear cut one. Let him come and explain his understanding of Spirits, e dey there dey write gibberish.
Trust me if it is was attention I was looking for I would be on here posting threads after threads or debating with ignorant foo.ls like you from dawn to dusk.. but I hardly make comments because most people on here are highly ignorants including you..

I got on you because you obviously have no clue about the metaphysical and yet you were babbling and blabbering on like you knew what you were talking about..
Re: Who Is God? by Kay17: 4:48pm On Aug 01, 2012
nyameke: I have talked about this on other threads and I am not going to do that on here again. But to put it simply mind and spirit are one and the same. what popular misconceptions?

How is the Spirit detectable??
Re: Who Is God? by rhymz(m): 5:38pm On Aug 01, 2012
nyameke: Trust me if it is was attention I was looking for I would be on here posting threads after threads or debating with ignorant foo.ls like you from dawn to dusk.. but I hardly make comments because most people on here are highly ignorants including you..

I got on you because you obviously have no clue about the metaphysical and yet you were babbling and blabbering on like you knew what you were talking about..
you are funny. You got on me because you obviously was angry that your long held belief was being challenged. You obviously do not know how to defend your inherited beliefs even though you so vehemently want to defend it to the point of resorting to condescending remarks against those with superior arguments than yours. I have no interest in any religious faith based explanations that dodges away from verifiable facts, thats all your likes have to offer for their stance, any eeediot can hide under such excuse to stop himself from reasoning.
Re: Who Is God? by Sweetnecta: 7:12pm On Aug 01, 2012
@rhymz:
rhymz(m): 9:26pm On Jul 31

Sweetnecta: @Avicenna: it is interesting that many medical students who are muslims are on nairaland. a young woman from yorubaland studying medicine overseas have not found reason to say God does not exist, yet. oh. i forgot, its her tradition since she comes from a muslim bloodline and regardless of being allowed to be overseas alone without her parents is not good reason to say that she has not found the knowledge, yet. she is probably a muslim for her parents. yet she is a lioness in her zeal for Islam, religion that medicine has not debunk,yet in her mind.

there is too much religious make belief gibberish in your head that you need to off-load if you want to know the truth. I can understand inhibitions occassioned by the long, constant religious indoctrination you have been subjected to but if you allow yourself to ask common simple questions they don't want you to ask, you will realize the folly of long held religious beliefs. Please stop writing the nonsense you have up there biko, it defiles both spiritual and common sense.
Point to one religious make belief in all that I wrote. Just one. I know you don't see me. But you believe I exist because Seun has organized a stage that we share. You have never seen Seun in your life. Neither have I. We both agree that he exists because of Nairaland, the stage he owns and we accept his name as Seun, because that is what he said he is; a male, owner of nairaland. But you will not accept that God exists, even though you live in the earth He says He created, taking in the air He says He created, eating and drinking and surviving on the food He says He created; all of them, both solid and liquid foods you obviously can't produce and have no ability to get to the true origin or source of these means of your staying alive. Yet, daily you get older and you have no concern or conscience about God, but what you do is continually deny "God".

Spiritual sense and you said there is no God.
Common sense and you do accept that you have a "Source", Causer that made you come alive.
Your case is "wow".
Re: Who Is God? by rhymz(m): 8:49pm On Aug 01, 2012
Sweetnecta: @rhymz:Point to one religious make belief in all that I wrote. Just one. I know you don't see me. But you believe I exist because Seun has organized a stage that we share. You have never seen Seun in your life. Neither have I. We both agree that he exists because of Nairaland, the stage he owns and we accept his name as Seun, because that is what he said he is; a male, owner of nairaland. But you will not accept that God exists, even though you live in the earth He says He created, taking in the air He says He created, eating and drinking and surviving on the food He says He created; all of them, both solid and liquid foods you obviously can't produce and have no ability to get to the true origin or source of these means of your staying alive. Yet, daily you get older and you have no concern or conscience about God, but what you do is continually deny "God".

Spiritual sense and you said there is no God.
Common sense and you do accept that you have a "Source", Causer that made you come alive.
Your case is "wow".

Hahahaha. . I know what you trying to do but your argument is superficial and lacks serious intellectual depth.
Anyone can be Seun but the fact remains that I can meet with Seun, talk to Seun, verify further that he is Seun that actually created Nairaland and even get him to explain to me how he wrote the programn for Nairaland. However, in the case of your believe in God, He can't be physically reached, his place of abode is fictional, nobody has ever been there besides dubious religious claims of personal encounter. Nobody knows what he looks like or have seen him before. You get the difference now? And don't ever ascribe claims of God's existence or creation any fictional superman, such claims are from men. Show me where this super man said he created the world, the air I breathe, the food I eat and the water I drink these all sound like pure work of fiction.
As I get older, experiences has continued to show me very concrete proof that I must take charge and control of my life and destiny than leave it in the unforseen hands on some fictional God. I mean, It is common sense, if after you were borne, your parents choose to do nothing about your existence to help you cope in the realm of this world but rather leave it to some "God", be sure your chances of survival will be extremely slim, you are sure not going to be saved by any God if you do that no matter how much you believe in his existence.
I have a source and that source are my parents, nobody spoke any word that brought me into being or existence, leave that fairy tail to the "childrien of God.
Since we are talking about source, can you explain to me where God was before he created the Heavens and the earth as claimed by Genesis 1vs1. As God created the earth, e be like say darkness and water according to your bible na "follow come" cos there was no explanation as to how they came about. Stop confusing yourself Mr.
Re: Who Is God? by Sweetnecta: 9:52pm On Aug 01, 2012
The poster ^^^
Since we are talking about source, can you explain to me where God was before he created the Heavens and the earth as claimed by Genesis 1vs1. As God created the earth, e be like say darkness and water according to your bible na "follow come" cos there was no explanation as to how they came about. Stop confusing yourself Mr.
Your wrong assumption here about me, is very comforting because I do know that you are completely wrong in your thoughts about "God". I am a muslim, and your Lord Who you can not see is 100% your Creator and decides your ultimate outcome. He is the Lord of your fore bearers and little do you know about their condition in the grave. It is when one dies that the deniers will know God exist.

You can go to Seun because he is next door to you. Can you go to the sun that you see? How can you expect God Who makes the sun glows be visible to you? Aliens you can't see and you haven't spoken to every human. Yet they are under the heavens.

And before creation where God was was not what He created. And even now, He is not within what He created, but separate and beyond it: God is beyond heavens. You should pick up a copy of Quran and read it. And Mum and Dad depend on God. Ask them or ask grandparents or great grandparents or great great grandparents before atheism crept in. And according to you, you depend on mum and dad.

When your hairs are greying and your eyesight need spectacles and your energy level is not as great as that of a teenager, let me know how you are becoming older, especially when no one wishes to be old and withering.
Re: Who Is God? by rhymz(m): 10:44pm On Aug 01, 2012
Sweetnecta: The poster ^^^ Your wrong assumption here about me, is very comforting because I do know that you are completely wrong in your thoughts about "God". I am a muslim, and your Lord Who you can not see is 100% your Creator and decides your ultimate outcome. He is the Lord of your fore bearers and little do you know about their condition in the grave. It is when one dies that the deniers will know God exist.

You can go to Seun because he is next door to you. Can you go to the sun that you see? How can you expect God Who makes the sun glows be visible to you? Aliens you can't see and you haven't spoken to every human. Yet they are under the heavens.

And before creation where God was was not what He created. And even now, He is not within what He created, but separate and beyond it: God is beyond heavens. You should pick up a copy of Quran and read it. And Mum and Dad depend on God. Ask them or ask grandparents or great grandparents or great great grandparents before atheism crept in. And according to you, you depend on mum and dad.

When your hairs are greying and your eyesight need spectacles and your energy level is not as great as that of a teenager, let me know how you are becoming older, especially when no one wishes to be old and withering.
It is immaterial to me if you are a muslim or christianity, na thesame thing-one practises mosaic laws while the other practices Pauline ideology.
You are shifting goal post now, telling me I can go to Seun because he is next door. That is not the simple point I was trying to make alone, I can go to Seun because his existence can be proven. Even if God forbid he was late, I still will be able to prove he once existed through the things he left behind. In the case of of your argument for God, you keep ascribing things to a "God" nobody has ever seen, neither can you explain how this god became the owner of the things you ascribe to him. So you believe there's a superman that makes the Sun glow, you must be delusional. So according to you,Before creation God was in a place that was not created by God. .lmao. There you go again confusing yourself with mumbo-jumbos taught in ilekewu by mostly uneducated alfas. So let me guess, he was prolly in a place created by the holy spirit abi? Hahah . .and what do you mean by he is a place beyond the heavens, is he that restless? That place beyond heavens na where?
Did you say I should pick up a Koran? You want me to get violent and fanatical right? With all that violent filled injuctions in your holy book? Thanks bro, I will pass this one. I never finish with the Jonsing christian bible na to go carry mohammed's war manuel na im yoy dey advise me, na wa to you o.
By the way, what is all the nonsense you are blabbing on about getting older, does your religion also make claims for immortality to its adherents, I might just re-consider you koran offer. .hahahahaha. .funny Guy.
Re: Who Is God? by Avicenna: 12:36am On Aug 02, 2012
smiley
Re: Who Is God? by nyameke: 12:37am On Aug 02, 2012
rhymz: you are funny. You got on me because you obviously was angry that your long held belief was being challenged. You obviously do not know how to defend your inherited beliefs even though you so vehemently want to defend it to the point of resorting to condescending remarks against those with superior arguments than yours. I have no interest in any religious faith based explanations that dodges away from verifiable facts, thats all your likes have to offer for their stance, any eeediot can hide under such excuse to stop himself from reasoning.
lol so what you have below is what you called superior arguments against my " inherent beliefs "? Take your time and read your childish rants again
rhymz: rhymz: Who in the first place created the concept of heaven and Earth if not religious theologeons. Let Me ask you a question, when you go to heaven where according to religious belief,you will live there eternally; what will you be doing? You are supposed to be saint like, that means, you will not have the sinful nature, as in, you can't do wrong for the rest of your life. What that means is that there is no concept of opposition in everything you do while in heaven. Does that even seem normal to you? You wont haveto work towards anything as there wont be opposit conception of whatever you do. Who wants to live that kind of life. In what spirit form will you be in heaven, old, young, fine, ugly, tall short and so on. . .or will your spirit take the looks of your body before you died? What kind of God allows people he claimed to have created to burn eternally in hell? Ponder on these things and see how unrealistic the concept is.
You're asking questions like the bolded above and you call that superior arguments ?lol. Dude go find some of my ignorant Christians brothers who will take you serious. Your so called superior arguments are inane and not worth my time..

I'm not here to defend my beliefs Cus there is nothing to defend. We all on our journeys and have our choices to make. You either belief in the salvation story or you don't .. I could care less if you're an atheist, agnostic or whatever. I'm a god and I'm here to live and experience this physical focus and that's what I'm doing. You don't exist in my reality I only made you a guest.
Re: Who Is God? by rhymz(m): 8:56am On Aug 02, 2012
nyameke: lol so what you have below is what you called superior arguments against my " inherent beliefs "? Take your time and read your childish rants again
You're asking questions like the bolded above and you call that superior arguments ?lol. Dude go find some of my ignorant Christians brothers who will take you serious. Your so called superior arguments are inane and not worth my time..

I'm not here to defend my beliefs Cus there is nothing to defend. We all on our journeys and have our choices to make. You either belief in the salvation story or you don't .. I could care less if you're an atheist, agnostic or whatever. I'm a god and I'm here to live and experience this physical focus and that's what I'm doing. You don't exist in my reality I only made you a guest.
Whatever Kid!
Go and do your monkey Hide and seek game with the likes of logicboy, I usually do not respond to kids like you once I establish the pettiness of your attitude. This will be my last response to you, stay happy in your beliefs, you owe me no explanation, please do try to ignore me.
Re: Who Is God? by Sweetnecta: 2:17pm On Aug 02, 2012
2Avicenna:
by Avicenna: 12:36am

I am an atheist because there is no evidence for God.
I am a theist because there is evidence for God; He is beyond the heavens. And heavens are above and beyond the distance that the expanding universe will ever reach before it can not expand further and begins to collapse. What you called "no evidence" is therefore denial based on personal theory or mere copycatting or other people's reasons and ungrounded hypothesis, including laziness to conform or rebellious attitude directed to the fact that you have it in your mind the verdict for your action is not going to be immediate. I bet you couldn't take the same position and attitude about your professor [a physical being subject to human weaknesses] or your academics, an idea which is less than ideal irrespective of its specialization. The burden of proof is on the one who accuses or denies in this case. I see the vast universe, the earth i reside and within it myself, even in myself, i have plenty of evidence that God exist.

Not because I'm a medical student. As far as I can see majority of my colleagues are theists(tho,you never know, no one knows about my atheism).
You so sure of your belief that you hide your disbelief. This is hypocrisy. I bet mum and dad are not aware, but only us your internet buddies? You remind me of another person who when he gets to his christian cousins, he is christians, when he is with his muslim cousins, he is muslim, yet in reality he is an atheist also on nairaland. I guess nairaland is a cheap way to be yourself for atheists.

I have intentions of marrying a foreign colleague of mine. A muslimah of impeccable repute.
Foreign as far as togo or as near as "new zealand"? Let me say something to you; Anything goes in africa and arabs in the west. the first because she can't truly discover herself and the other she woke up in a strange place far away from the oppressive ignorant nationalistic patriarch. Try it muslim whites, african america, spanish in the west and even african in the west. They will not give you the time of the day. Ask christian toba and he will tell you what nairaland muslim ladies are saying to him. And we have pretty yoruba medical student among them.

After all this time, she still maintained her islamic ethics and lifestyle.
If she knew a core thing about islam, you would not be a man she is talk to and then thinking of marrying you? Where is her moral compass; do light and darkness occur in the same space together? No.

But, despite her intelligence, she has been so brainwashed, she believed she's inferior to the male folks.
Quran does not preach inferiority of any gender and to simple state the fact that men are higher than women in degree of strength is an obvious through. Even you on her is working your mojo on her because she is a woman. After all, you can say your medical education is superior to her medical education. You are both student doctors. Why don't you tell her to convince you that you are wrong to reject reason, when you have no hard evidence of how the expanding worlds came to existence? A nigerian who was not alive in 1970 can't actually tell you how his mother felt on January 13 and the exact spot the mother was standing at 12.16 pm. Imagine then theorizing about what happened when no human was alive?

She says this with full convictions.
She needs to read the Quran for herself and study the hadith and stop listening to both you and her Alfa to know the truth. Both of you are materials of both cloth, just reserve sides.

Her Alfa explained how the female are evil and should therefore be suppressed.( We both know he's not lying,[/b]scripturally).
I disagree with you and her Alfa and then I ask myself while will she not be able to read about this and see how erroneous the "Alfa" is? IS the lazy to do it while she buries herself in medicine, and allows you and the Alfa to lie to her? Alfa is a west african thing. I never heard it among the arabs and people in the west who are not from west africa. and [b]i dont where women are said to be spiritually evil. You may know, so point it out to me and damn Islam if you can.
came

Despite my subtle infusion of doubts into her, she's not budging. I hope to convince her with a overt and superior argument soon when I have nothing to lose.
What do you have to lose now? and if she is sleeping with you, there is the reason she does not know that she can do research to know what truly Islam says. Superior you say? I am satisfied that both you and the Alfa are taking advantage of her laziness. Its unfortunate that you are leading her away from the light just as the Alfa is blinding her, too. You may ask her to reach out to me, if she needs encouragement to listen to your "superior" argument and verify what the Alfa is saying. By the way, I do not have an alfa. And this is throughout my life and I believe I must be closing to spending 1/3 if not more.

I told this story because it doesn't matter where those students you mentioned are.
Nouman Khan was an atheist as he was growing up in New York. He is a contemporary muslim scholar, commentator, today. So was irreligious Shabir Ally before returned to islam. I wonder the score of Muslim intellectuals, specifically in medicine who did not come from Islamic back ground and became muslims right here in the west; professors of medicine are greater than medical students by a mile, at least until the student becomes a licensed doctor. What will lead a white american military officer to become muslim after 9/11, while people like you deny God altogether? And they say america are the ones who have the greatest freedom of thoughts? They have to meet people like you to recalibrate that statement.

Once the effect of years of brainwashing takes hold, there's almost nowhere it cannot be exhibited.
So who brainwashed these americans? Not the Quran they never knew existed? Not the arabs? Most of these people felt nation of islam was it when you talk about islam until after 9/11. Just few days ago I was reciting Quran and a phone call came in. I picked up and continued to recite till the end of the verse. When I spoke, a spanish person in spain asked what was that beautiful song i was singing to my baby. I laughed and told her it was not a song, but Quran recitation. In short, I played for her to listen to sheikh Abubakr Shatri's Surah Muminuu on Youtube. She asked if she can get a Quran in spanish because she wants to understand what it means. I have encouraged her to go a mosque in her city. You see, there is no one that is brainwashing and I have not asked her a thing about it. Same was Dr. Price in Akron Ohio, a philanthropist doing good work in black community. Allah says do you see those who take their intellect as their Lord [these people reject God based on "knowledge"].

Loneliness also play a role. My foreign colleague found solace in the MSSN.
There was no MSSN in my school. in fact most arab students shun Islam because of what they found in the west. Even women from Turkey were going for christian boys. Thank God because some of them might have returned to Islam, since they would have realized that no one will be youth forever and the grave calls the future occupant, daily. Until you visit the graveyards says Allah in Surah Takathur.

Other theists may also find whatever they were searching for in that organization. To me, it is not a case for the existence of God. Its just a bunch of people finding closure to emotional problems.
if people have the right to abandon God, the wealthy westerners have it much more prosperously than students in africa. yet its these people who are now becoming more religious, while the africans are discovering there is no God! this trend is similar to whats happening in harlem and some sections of brooklyn the wealthy young whites are renting and buying up these places, realizing its close proximity to midtown, rather than the suburb villages and towns. I am grateful that God opened by eyes to His Signs, visible in myself and my environment.

As for old age, I hope to get there. Let me feel the experience. Let me wish to be young again. It is only human. Who knows, we may be able to live forever soon.
You think you can cheat death? Discover all cures, even for aging. Then a person gets eating by wild animal, or crushed to pancake. How do you build him back you and make him escape death? I pray we all stay alive to become over 100 years old. Then what, seeing even young people die and some die in the womb, if not aborted, first? Or you are pro life, too since you do not believe in God, what will be your moral compass for being a pro lifer?

Science helps. I don't like the way you are being condescending to science
I know a thing or two of allied science, so I earn the right to discuss science from my view point, religion.

All what you listed as impossibilities may soon be done in our lifetime.
And then a deadly disease will waste up more lives as hiv-aids has done for 30 years without finding a cure. How about cancers? Even others? This is a case of at the end chasing a rainbow.

Who knows, it may even be me that will do such things.
I wish you are the person. Nigeria needs good researchers and inventors. Note that as you are leaving the University, you will definitely be getting older from the pressure of your practice and wanting to discover the cures or ultimate cure for all the diseases. You will grey and wrinkle some. Allah has put in your system aging and death catalysts. They will function as my Lord has ordered them.

Let me be clear here, science gives you certain logic and reason.
And there a tons of things that science will not know; what will be the farthest that universe before it can not expand any more? Behind the infinity, there is the closest side of the the heavens and the universe will never get there. Thats reality, unlike mere hypothesis.

This things have tested and accepted to be true.
The brain of humans is more reliable that the most sophisticated computer that will ever be design; the brain functions for a lifetime; some, over 100 years. It is automatic, while the computer has to be turned on and it will last 10 years before it burns out or a bigger mode make yesterday's last model worthless. And what is accepted today may be rejected tomorrow with better process. Science, is not an absolute and even medicine is not an exact science. So your thinking here is only temporary.

Reality supports it. I see no reason why I should make a exception for God. Science disproves God.
Science does not disprove God, the reason better scientists stand firm in faith that God exist. And your reality of today is possibly something to laugh about like the earth is flat of yesteryear. Science is not always absolute, otherwise, tylenol would have been the medicine that cures all headache instead of mere relief.

Unlike you, I'm not satisfied. I have nothing to lose.
You may have plenty to lose if God does exist and punishes disbelief in Him. I guess you will find out or you will re-track your steps before certainty comes to you.

I incredibly thankful( to what you may ask) to my parents. They taught me to think for myself( unfortunate, they did not foresee my atheism) and gave all that is necessary to survive this harsh world.
You do have their genes and somewhat of their qualities? You may therefore unfortunately not foresee that God does exist presently. Just like they were not absolute sure you will turn out this way, you are not absolutely sure that God does not exist. If you know, you would have given us the absolute evidence, instead of "I can not see Him so I don't believe He exist", or other subjective opinions.

But, why? For what? Why was I even born to them? There's no reason behind it once you dump religious notions.
Leave religion out of it and concentrate on sexua.l aspect of marriage. You have your answer, future MD. I guess even the logic you have been trumping against God did not let you know that se.x between fertile woman and virile will result in pregnancy towards having a baby.

Nothing seems to make sense. Everything is random and chaotic.
What?! You sound like a person who is giving up hope. I hope you are not considering that in your body you see superior order of arrangement and nothing is chaotic or placed without a purpose. This morning I woke up thinking why are some people ridiculously tall while others are ridiculously short, considering that both have same hormones, both in different levels? I then looked at my fingers The thumb is different and shaped different. If all the fingers are equal, will there be optimum efficiency in grip/grabbing? The answer is no since 6, 7, 8 or more fingers on a hand will not make the hand function better, just as less than 5 fingers shows some disadvantage. There is a message in this, and every hand needs a thumb.

There IS NO purpose except to continue this specie.
and at a time this specie will die off; water, wind, dust, fire or even lack of foods or other[s] can cause this specie to extinct. It started, some time from somewhere. It will definitely end sometime in the future and you and i may not see it because are already long gone.

I do not completely disagree with the notion of a ineffable creator. I hold nothing to be absolutely true. But the religious Gods I'm 100% convinced do not exist.
Believing in some "creator" but 100% convince that there is no Allah, since I am a muslim? How do you proof your 100% conviction? Give reasons that are irrefutable instead of grinding stop in mere probability. I can probably say you are only a person expressing the thought of somebody you work for as a secretary. Even a female secretary. proof me wrong as I will want you to give argument against the existence of God. The burden of proof is upon the denier and you have denied God of religion. In the thread that noticed your atheist position, you said you abandon God along with religion. Are you taking up God now Who you called Ineffable Creator?
Re: Who Is God? by Avicenna: 5:04pm On Aug 02, 2012
smiley
Re: Who Is God? by nyameke: 6:39pm On Aug 02, 2012
Kay 17:

How is the Spirit detectable??
I didn't see this earlier but well it depends on the degree of ones spiritual/mind growth. For some of us very easily for others not so easily while others go through life never able to detect " spirits"

Also The simple reason some people can't detect other spiritual beings in other realms is because we operate at a dimension/frequency below the so called " spiritual world". When your third eye is fully functional not only will you be able to sense "spirit" in higher frequencies, you would be able to see and interact with them..

Now even in our three dimensional world sensing other humans/spirit( we are all spirit beings ) beings can be easy if you are in tune with your spirit. For instance hours or even years after people vacate a place you can pick up their presence when you walk in. If evil was commited there your spirit will pick up the lingering horror of the deeds commited there.

We all leave an imprint of ourselves/spirit at the places that we visit or stay and with things we own..That's why when an enemy wants to cast a spell on you, they use stuff associated with you or things you own like a clothing, picture, etc
Re: Who Is God? by nyameke: 8:33pm On Aug 02, 2012
rhymz: Whatever Kid!
Go and do your monkey Hide and seek game with the likes of logicboy, I usually do not respond to kids like you once I establish the pettiness of your attitude. This will be my last response to you, stay happy in your beliefs, you owe me no explanation, please do try to ignore me.
lol whatever. I apologize if you felt disrespected but like logicboy I only pointed out your glaring ignorance. Your contentions are erroneous and definitely borne out of ignorance yet you speak with soo much conviction like you know what you're talking about..

P/s if calling me a kid makes you feel better knock yourself out ( but I can tell you can't be older than me.). Just be aware that adding on years does not correspond to intelligence accumulation
Re: Who Is God? by Sweetnecta: 11:46pm On Aug 02, 2012
@Avicenna:
by Avicenna: 5:04pm
^what an epistle smiley

I cannot prove the non-existence of God. I deduce his non-existence by his absence.
so you do not know for certain yet you deny existence of God?

You said the expansion of the universe is a proof for God. You cannot prove this. Physicists who gave us that cannot claim they know as of yet.

concerning the bold, below is what you said, yesterday about science, which physics is part of.

Let me be clear here, science gives you certain logic and reason. This things have tested and accepted to be true. Reality supports it.
I will simple say that you are not even sure of what science is saying, definitely not in all branches of science.

I can safely say that Quran says the universe is expanding meaning there is outward directional movement whereby new distance is reached in the vast space. If an unlettered man is accurate while science in this modern day is still struggling with the knowledge of if the universe is expanding, then God is proven by providing this information to Muhammad [as] over 14 centuries ago.

"...We have built the heaven with might, and We it is Who make the vast extent (thereof).... " (Surah 51:47). Pickthal
"...We have constructed the heaven with might, and verily, it is We who are steadily expanding it.... " (Surah 51:47).

and there will be a time the expansion will end and the universe will begin to collapse as it is reverses direction of movement

That Day We will fold up heaven like folding up the pages of a book. As We originated the first creation so We will regenerate it. It is a promise binding on Us. That is what We will do. (Qur'an, 21:104)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Leave This Place" Jesus Told A Man IN Hajj / Osanyin (osain / Ozain) Talking In My Shrine [video] / 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 208
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.