Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,089 members, 7,939,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 03:19 AM

Who Is God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is God? (4598 Views)

Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God / Is "God" Of The Old Testament Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is God? by Avicenna: 6:17pm On Jul 27, 2012
rash47: ALLAHU WAHEED (God is one)

GOD is everywhere

There is the hand of GOD in everything we do

The easiest route to know Almighty GOD is thru knowledge

Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of
science or a dose of common sense

Knowledge is the easiest route to know Your God is fake and completely imaginary.
Re: Who Is God? by Heathen(m): 6:53pm On Jul 27, 2012
Martian:

Sirniyeh:There is a great disturbance in the Force
Boy: What is the force?
Sirniyeh:It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together
Boy: What? How do you know this?
Sirniyeh:The Force runs strong in my family
Boy: I don't believe you, can you prove it?
Sirniyeh:The Force is with you, young man , but you are not a believer yet
Boy: WTF?
Sirniyeh: Watch your mouth young man!!
Boy: Sorry.
Sirniyeh:A believer'sstrength flows from the Force
Boy: Well, this force sounds as real as angels and my mom said angels are what religious people believe in. We're not religious.
Sirniyeh: You must feel the Force around you!!
Boy: But I don't!!! And this doesn't make sense. Why don't you just prove it to me?
Sirniyeh: Strong am I with the Force, but not that strong
Boy:
Sirniyeh: May the Force be with you
Boy: You're freaking me out, I'll go tell my mom.
Sirniyeh : *gets on nairaland to ask for help about how to explain the god he "believes" in to a 12 yr old boy*
Post is filled with so much WIN!
Re: Who Is God? by wiegraf: 7:00pm On Jul 27, 2012
^^^ lol . Logic seems to have vanquished a lot of these gods

Sirniyeh: If you have practically witnessed where this unseen FORCE manifest its omnipotency, you dare not disbelieve it atall.
Why sir, would you do that? You even used caps lock... It's like deliberately driving your car into a wall, leaving a fox in a hen house, a priest with alter boys etc. Now we'll just come across as mean
Re: Who Is God? by LordBabs(m): 7:22pm On Jul 27, 2012
denzel2009: The Alpha and Omega
The Ancient of Days
The Lion of Judah
The Fountain of living waters
The King of kings

He is also:

El Shaddai (Lord God Almighty)
El Elyon (The Most High God)
Adonai (Lord, Master)
Yahweh (Lord, Jehovah)
Jehovah Nissi (The Lord My Banner)
Jehovah-Raah (The Lord My Shepherd)
Jehovah Rapha (The Lord That Heals)
Jehovah Shammah (The Lord Is There)
Jehovah Tsidkenu (The Lord Our Righteousness)
Jehovah Mekoddishkem (The Lord Who Sanctifies You)

My Help from the ages past. Give Him all the Glory cos He is Awesome!
see folly!
Re: Who Is God? by Sirniyeh(m): 1:09am On Jul 28, 2012
Na wa for Nairalander atheists! Una no go kill person o. But let me narrate this report. Please permit me bcs i cant remember the detail.
During OBJ regime, the minister for International Affairs confessed on NTA live that there is this country (name forgotten) where they dont practice any single religion out of the world religions. According to him, he asked may be they dont believe in God. The president of the country replied that, "our belief is that what we do to other person is done to God, whether good or bad, and there is consequency for it".
The Minister confessed that the president comment on religiousity in naija, upon all naija is not peaceful.
My people, is this not a shame to all religionists for inability to chllenge their God on behalf of naija stability?
(if you remember the name of the country, pls remind me.)
Re: Who Is God? by wiegraf: 2:31am On Jul 28, 2012
Sirniyeh: Na wa for Nairalander atheists! Una no go kill person o. But let me narrate this report. Please permit me bcs i cant remember the detail.
During OBJ regime, the minister for International Affairs confessed on NTA live that there is this country (name forgotten) where they dont practice any single religion out of the world religions. According to him, he asked may be they dont believe in God. The president of the country replied that, "our belief is that what we do to other person is done to God, whether good or bad, and there is consequency for it".
The Minister confessed that the president comment on religiousity in naija, upon all naija is not peaceful.
My people, is this not a shame to all religionists for inability to chllenge their God on behalf of naija stability?

Why good sir, I don't know what you are talking about, but it seems to me you've come across some sort of humanism. It's pretty awesome, eh?
Re: Who Is God? by Areaboy2(m): 11:35am On Jul 28, 2012
Sirniyeh: Na wa for Nairalander atheists! Una no go kill person o. But let me narrate this report. Please permit me bcs i cant remember the detail.

that's probably Japan
Re: Who Is God? by balium(m): 7:01pm On Jul 29, 2012
1]say he is God the one and only
2]God, the eternal, absolute
3]He begetteth not, nor is he begotten
4] and there is none like unto him
quran 112 al ikhlas

it is he who causeth the seed grain and the date stone to split and sprout. he causeth the living to issue from the dead and he is the one to cause the dead to issue from the living. That is God: then how are ye delude away from the truth ? quran 6 vs 95

it is he who maketh the stars as beacons for you, that ye may guide yourselves, with their help, through the dark spaces of land and sea: we detail our signs for people who know. quran 6 vs 97

it is he who sendeth down rain from the skies: with it we produce green ( crops ), out of which we produce grain, heaped up ( at harvest): out of the date palm and its sheath come clusters of dates hanging low and near : and ( there are ) gardens of grapes, and olives, and pomengranates, each similar ( in kind) yet different in varieties : when they begin to bear fruits feast your eyes with the fruit and the ripeness thereof. behold in these things are signs for those who believe. quran 6 vs 99

that is God your lord. there is no God but he, the creator of all things : then worship ye him : and he hath power to dispose all affairs. quran 6 vs 102
Re: Who Is God? by GloriousGod1: 10:43am On Jul 30, 2012
God is the Holy one of Israel,Ancient of days,Lion of the tribe of Judah,The prince of peace,truth,Light,way,convenant keeping God,unchangeable changer,Rock,He is higher than the highest,Taller than the tallest,wiser than the wisest,older than the oldest,better than the best,Almighty and original CEO. There is none that can be compared to God.

1 Like

Re: Who Is God? by plaetton: 11:55am On Jul 30, 2012
Glorious God: God is the Holy one of Israel,Ancient of days,Lion of the tribe of Judah,The prince of peace,truth,Light,way,convenant keeping God,unchangeable changer,Rock,He is higher than the highest,Taller than the tallest,wiser than the wisest,older than the oldest,better than the best,Almighty and original CEO. There is none that can be compared to God.

....... Plus a whole lot of bullsh.it
Re: Who Is God? by plaetton: 12:06pm On Jul 30, 2012
This post reminds me of when I was a kid. I had this Indian boy who was my neighbor. We were very good friends until one day, he reveal that he did not believe in god. I was so infuriated. I immediately took a dislike for him and bullied him thereafter.

Even though I had my own unaswered questions about god and religion at the time, I just could not imagine why anyone would not believe in god. I wanted god to strike him and his family dead for not believing in him.

I guess the difference between that boy and I was that I was indoctrinated from birth and he was not.
Today, I am an athiest and I marvel at, and witness on a daily basis , the dangers and horrors of religious indoctrination.
Re: Who Is God? by DeepSight(m): 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2012
plaetton:
Today, I am an athiest

I have told you before that you are NOT an atheist. You are a CLEAR PANTHEIST.

1 Like

Re: Who Is God? by Kay17: 2:43pm On Jul 30, 2012
^^^

I myself fancy natural Gods like Sun, woods, etc; I'm willing to accept a semi consciousness in them and some benefits we get from em.
Re: Who Is God? by plaetton: 3:02pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kay 17: ^^^

I myself fancy natural Gods like Sun, woods, etc; I'm willing to accept a semi consciousness in them and some benefits we get from em.

Yeah. I would rather worship and pay homage to our mother Earth , her consort and our father the Sun anytime.
Re: Who Is God? by plaetton: 3:06pm On Jul 30, 2012
Deep Sight:

I have told you before that you are NOT an atheist. You are a CLEAR PANTHEIST.

I believe the universe is one and that there is no god standing outside the universe creating. I think that makes me an athiests. I am not a materialist athiest like Martian, but an athiest nevertheless.
Re: Who Is God? by nyameke: 3:18pm On Jul 30, 2012
God is everything and everyone.. we are all individuated aspect and expressions of the One God. The highest and perfect expression of of the One God came down and walked among us but we believed him not.
God is not in the sky but everywhere and nowhere. God is where you are at this minute. We are all Gods. A time will come when this guarded secret will be revealed to all..
Re: Who Is God? by plaetton: 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2012
Truth with a false twist. If everything in the universe is god ,then we are all gods, including the plants and animals.
But if we are all gods, then one god supposedly walking among us makes absolutely no difference.
Unless, ofcourse, some gods are greater than others?
Re: Who Is God? by Kay17: 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2012
nyameke: God is everything and everyone.. we are all individuated aspect and expressions of the One God. The highest and perfect expression of of the One God came down and walked among us but we believed him not.
God is not in the sky but everywhere and nowhere. God is where you are at this minute. We are all Gods. A time will come when this guarded secret will be revealed to all..

OR that Reality is God, with whom everything else stands.
Re: Who Is God? by nyameke: 4:12pm On Jul 30, 2012
No twist son. Yes us humans are all gods most just don't know. Those that know guard that secret and control the masses ignorant of that fact. Animals, plants and inanimate objects are all lower expressions of universal intelligence/ God. Humans and angels are the higher expressions that's why the bible said we were created in the image of God.

And one walking among us makes a difference because he is the highest expression through which everything was made and seeks to let you know that but he also gave you a freewill to make that choice to believe or disbelief .. btw That statement you just made was exactly why Satan sinned
Re: Who Is God? by nyameke: 4:14pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kay 17:

OR that Reality is God, with whom everything else stands.
how is reality God
Re: Who Is God? by rhymz(m): 4:24pm On Jul 30, 2012
Sirniyeh: Devotedone, from your long explanation or description, what is the real answer to the question, "what is God?"? In your own concise word, how can you convince a 12yrs old boy of who and what God is?
The kid is so damn right, who is God?
With all these evils going on in this world-people being slaughtered by their neighbours, people justifying their acts of violence on their fellow just on the basis of some parochial sentiments that borders on tribe and religion.
Lately, I am begining to believe that God is a man-made mental creation, a figmentation of a conditioned mind. With all these prevailent evil on innocent women and childrien, how can there be a God that sees all these and not do anything:
1. Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
2. Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
3. Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
4. Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?
Re: Who Is God? by Kay17: 4:32pm On Jul 30, 2012
nyameke: how is reality God

Cos without it, Nothing Stands.
Re: Who Is God? by nyameke: 5:33pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kay 17:

Cos without it, Nothing Stands.
how did you come about that thinking..
Re: Who Is God? by Sirniyeh(m): 5:52pm On Jul 30, 2012
Hun un un! 85% of the posters disbelieve the reality of any existence of God. Since there is no God, according to you all, it means no heaven and no hell...
Re: Who Is God? by rhymz(m): 6:08pm On Jul 30, 2012
Sirniyeh: Hun un un! 85% of the posters disbelieve the reality of any existence of God. Since there is no God, according to you all, it means no heaven and no hell...
Who in the first place created the concept of heaven and Earth if not religious theologeons.
Let Me ask you a question, when you go to heaven where according to religious belief, you will live there eternally; what will you be doing? You are supposed to be saint like, that means, you will not have the sinful nature, as in, you can't do wrong for the rest of your life. What that means is that there is no concept of opposition in everything you do while in heaven. Does that even seem normal to you? You wont have to work towards anything as there wont be opposit conception of whatever you do. Who wants to live that kind of life. In what spirit form will you be in heaven, old, young, fine, ugly, tall short and so on. . .or will your spirit take the looks of your body before you died? What kind of God allows people he claimed to have created to burn eternally in hell? Ponder on these things and see how unrealistic the concept is.
Re: Who Is God? by DevotedOne(m): 8:49pm On Jul 30, 2012
In The Name of The Almighty God. Salaam/Peace. Shortly before a dear relative passed on to the next life, the two angels assigned to protect me -- as there are two angels protecting each of you -- visited and spoke with the psychic self, as I witnessed it. I wont say that they spoke with me in the flesh, as they aren't to get too close to the physical body due to its contamination I would suppose. Where do you think these angels come from if not from the Only God? wa salaam. DevotedOne
Re: Who Is God? by nyameke: 9:52pm On Jul 30, 2012
^^^ are you a Christian?
Re: Who Is God? by nyameke: 9:57pm On Jul 30, 2012
rhymz: Who in the first place created the concept of heaven and Earth if not religious theologeons.
Let Me ask you a question, when you go to heaven where according to religious belief, you will live there eternally; what will you be doing? You are supposed to be saint like, that means, you will not have the sinful nature, as in, you can't do wrong for the rest of your life. What that means is that there is no concept of opposition in everything you do while in heaven. Does that even seem normal to you? You wont have to work towards anything as there wont be opposit conception of whatever you do. Who wants to live that kind of life. In what spirit form will you be in heaven, old, young, fine, ugly, tall short and so on. . .or will your spirit take the looks of your body before you died? What kind of God allows people he claimed to have created to burn eternally in hell? Ponder on these things and see how unrealistic the concept is.
do you have any idea what a spirit being is?
Re: Who Is God? by rhymz(m): 10:01pm On Jul 30, 2012
nyameke: do you have any idea what a spirit being is?
no I don't, can you tell as apparently you have met one.
Re: Who Is God? by nyameke: 10:43pm On Jul 30, 2012
rhymz: no I don't, can you tell as apparently you have met one.
ok then this is your homework. Go find out what a spirit being is and then tie it to your confused rants up there and see if it makes sense to you.
Re: Who Is God? by rhymz(m): 11:09pm On Jul 30, 2012
nyameke: ok then this is your homework. Go find out what a spirit being is and then tie it to your confused rants up there and see if it makes sense to you.
You are a dolt that is looking for attention. Go and rest in your tiny crappy hole, you are neither witty or smart, take your petty belief to you "god", he cares abt you BS, I don't!
Re: Who Is God? by Kay17: 11:27pm On Jul 30, 2012
nyameke: ok then this is your homework. Go find out what a spirit being is and then tie it to your confused rants up there and see if it makes sense to you.

I don't see a reason why we should presume the existence of spirit beings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Leave This Place" Jesus Told A Man IN Hajj / Osanyin (osain / Ozain) Talking In My Shrine [video] / 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.