Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,089 members, 7,939,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 03:19 AM

Who Is God? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is God? (4598 Views)

Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God / Is "God" Of The Old Testament Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is God? by Sweetnecta: 12:14am On Aug 03, 2012
Moreover, the evidence you claim for God are, I'm sorry, not evidence at all.
what evidence do you want; that i bring Allah to you so that you are satisfied? Allah said if angels dwell on earth, He would have sent angels as messengers when some disbelievers said why don't God send angels instead men?

The girl I'm talking about is a very good person. I will not allow you to malign her here.
how am i maligning this woman from what i have written?

She's a muslim. A very good one by any standards.
then somebody need to remind her that disbelief and belief do not co exist. if she could not marry a christian why is she a denier of existence of Allah?

I v not been able to convince her. Her defense are usually vehement. I even think I will accept her like that, muslim or not.
i hope she reads the bold and imagine her position when there are nigerian muslim medical students in nigeria or even in the country she resides? are there no muslim medical students in er country that she is sticking with nigerian athesist? is being a spouse of a doctor that important when faith in God is non existence?

[quoteSee, I'm atheist only online. I just finished leading a few people in Asri prayer.[/quote]you are a munafiq, wont you say? Allah knows your state of affairs. About ramadhan? Subhannallah. definitely your parents are not aware of your hypocrisy? Am sure they will be disappointed, yet you are not ashamed to pretend in front of Allah? What do you think when you enter salah; oh avinneca you are a fake or?

So I'm the one she can hang around with. It is not her fault. I'm in love with her. I want to marry her. That's what I will lose!!!!!
You are a class all by yourself and i hope a genuine guy walks to her life so that she can dump you. If I know where she is, I will send Bidemi to her. He is like 6/4 and he is in UI.
Re: Who Is God? by Sweetnecta: 12:30am On Aug 03, 2012
The medical student thing is a very bad attack. I have never claim to be superior to anybody. Never.
At the bold are you for real?

I have intentions of marrying a foreign colleague of mine. A muslimah of impeccable repute. After all this time, she still maintained her islamic ethics and lifestyle. But, despite her intelligence, she has been so brainwashed, she believed she's inferior to the male folks. She says this with full convictions. Her Alfa explained how the female are evil and should therefore be suppressed.( We both know he's not lying,scripturally). Despite my subtle infusion of doubts into her, she's not budging. I hope to convince her with a overt and superior argument soon when I have nothing to lose.
do you see superior from you, in the bold? I wonder what it means "when i have nothing to lose"? care to explain?

My professor exists,BTW. That's the point.
from where i am, your professor does not exist. I do not have a single thing to show me he exists. By the way what do you mean when you say professor? Whats a professor to you? See how easy it is to deny, and my denial of your professor is legitimate since i will not need anything he has control of, including the service of anyone he taught a thing. Amin.

But you, you live on earth of Allah and you even hypocritically make salah to Him? Do you stand, bow and prostrate? Do you make ablution? Or you just enter salah without purity of body, we already know what you say the state of your heart is.
Re: Who Is God? by Sweetnecta: 12:50am On Aug 03, 2012

I'm not burdened by atheism. Its very much unlike being gay or a murderer or things like that. I m perfectly content with living without disclosure. What good will it serve? This is why my parents will likely never know. What good will it serve to break their hearts? [b]Even if I'm correct[/b]if you are right you will come out clean, instead of being a pure hypocrite. when i was younger, and even now what i can do in front of people, i struggle against doing it all the time. let your people know where you stand and stop being a hypocrite.

[quote]I laff at my being a female secretary. I v never met any atheist in my life. A public atheist I mean. I had doubts before I reach Nairaland. I v also seen things that are somehow unexplained. A man turning into elephant in front of many people. Turns out to be a trick. Every one missed the 'turning'. Just saw the elephant. That was one of the arguments for spirituality I used for so many years.
the joke will be on you because people who depend on God will see your trick a mile away; humans dont turn to animals, especially not in the hand of man and Allah does not humiliate believers, who are usually humble before Him. magic, and magicians we laugh at them.

Since I cannot prove the non-existence of God same way I cannot prove the non-existence of sango or shiva or other things like that, I will have to admit a chance of them being real. That chance is the probability I gave. the hypothesis of a ineffable creator is what came up. I DO NOT BELIEVE IN GOD.
i can go to where they say shango is and use a wrecking ball to smash it to piece. I can incinerate it and it cant do anything to me. After death, Allah will judge. This is a big difference and you can overcome Allah as I can overcome shango.

You must realize the unimaginable power bestowed on God. This argument should not happen. God should be accessible like my lecturers.(My lecturers are NOT USUALLY accessible but still accessible).
your lecturer get sick, like the porter and cleaner in your school. He need food, jut like every human. Allah is different. I guess you know that already but prefer to pretend.

I know you will say prayer and all but this reality does not support it. What will happen will happen. Prayer or not.
prayer for you? You do not everything, but love to guess and think you do. i used to like you. but that was then. i think as the yorubas say, to me oti gun igi koja ewe. until you find your way backward to safety, you are just not on my mind.
Re: Who Is God? by Sweetnecta: 2:35am On Aug 03, 2012
This recitation of surah Muhammad is for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM0o2z3_aXo

this surah Rahman is for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHgkscIdruc

this surah muminu is for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBfJ4EOI714

this surah munafiqun is for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkfnjjTcIr8
Re: Who Is God? by Avicenna: 10:21am On Aug 03, 2012
No need. smiley
Re: Who Is God? by Avicenna: 10:44am On Aug 03, 2012
One more thing
I will like my privacy to remain private.
Re: Who Is God? by Sweetnecta: 11:12am On Aug 03, 2012
you are the one who is bringing her and medicine up. remember? while i appreciate your academic effort, i do not appreciate you spirited and intentional deceit of your parents, your entire family, the foreign woman and even yourself. to lead people in prayer when you know that you are a 100% hypocritical about it, don't make you a good character.

i dont about you, every san in nigeria is superior to a new lawyer because of superior argument he will bring.
in the west, lawyers who win cases have superior mastery of the court, even can easily get the judge to dance to his tune; cochran and judge ito come to mind in oj simpson's double case. big corporations settle out of court very quickly when they see the lawyer representing the other side. superior argument shows that you think you are superior. and i say that you and the alfa that is lying to her are two sides of the same owo jebu 'bad coin/counterfeit'.

she in my opinion needs to get rid of both of you and use the brain and heart [mind] and wisdom to recognize the truth.

if this is the future of nigeria, you are a problem that is going to be more chronic in your time. islam loses nothing by not practice it and definitely Allah does not diminishes in Absolute Power or ceases to be God if you declare publicly that you an atheist. trust me, your parents will survive it; after all mum has to be in her 50s by now and her husband will not be younger than her.

there is no person i will hide my core belief from. i once was thrown into the mist of black american christian clergies. they spoke about their faith and raved about Jesus of the Bible while i waited quietly. but when they start their prayer and wanted me to come in with amen, i told them i am a muslim and they can do without this confirmed muslim.

i didn't care whose pet get gored and Allah is more what i was gain from them. if your parents can't candle the truth, maybe you are living a lie by taking their resources and feeding them sludge of dishonesty.

yoruba people are not as weak as you think and your young new age parents may actually admire your honesty, instead of acting macho on nl and a wimp at home. i brought in bidemi just to let you know there are muslim youth that can easily bump you from her and you haven't been able to tell her that you don't believe in the existence of Allah. when are you going to tell her; after nikah? wow.

you should easily get pretty atheist med student to marry because there must be one around the bend from you. why muslim woman for you when you are not a muslim? if the injunction against in the Quran not enough that you should at least respect her so that she marries a muslim like her?

uhmm. maybe there is something good about you and your parents who have been molded by islam from their parents have something to do with that good. evidently atheism did not bring you any good. if you are sure, list one good that you have now that you didnt have when you were muslim.
Re: Who Is God? by Avicenna: 1:04pm On Aug 03, 2012
smiley
Re: Who Is God? by Sweetnecta: 9:08pm On Aug 03, 2012
Never will there be any intention to dictate to you or force you to do what you feel uncomfortable doing.
all i have done is to agitate your conscience to live a bit.

your case remind me of when i wanted to be a soldier because it was the in thing among young people.
my cousin was smart enough to put a dent on the idea, reminding me that there was no war that nigeria needed defense personalities on.

and i could defend nigeria in many other ways, academics and or wealth are defense options he mentioned.

he also told me about the possibility of being in the officers mess as some crazy ideas are being discussed and someone may count me part of it, even though was not even aware of any discussion.

i took his advise at the end and thank God i am here and not a 6 ft under, while i am just discovering islam now!

lets put a scenario in place: say you manage to keep this awful thing as your secret forever. you are now married to this muslim woman and you have children.

oh, there will be islamic ceremonies. what will you say about name and religion of your children from a devoted muslim mother and grandparents? no religion or you will continue to live a lie?

and the children are now learning to recite Quran. You are a wealthy surgeon and hajj time i here. the children are old enough to pray and they love it. You still have your parents until you are about 85 years old.

what are your rights over the rights of others that you continue to lie to them while you can just get it over with now?

bad news does not get better with time, if nothing is done to rectify the condition. what you would be doing is letting your lie eat up your heart until when they know, they say your are the most heartless person that ever walked the face of the earth. You will let a muslim woman marry a chronic kufar, without her having the choice to say yes or no in the deal. how different are you from the alfa who is telling her lies?

and by the way, i asked you to show me in either Quran or hadith where women are told that they are second class to men.

dr., you need to drop some benjanins in the box of any masjid of your choice for asking you to make your heart up instead of allowing it to sleep hard or sleep walking denying reality.
while you deserve to be happy, so do others who you are not telling the truth. they deserve much happiness that you deserve under the circumstances because you are the cause of the chaos that the effect will be worse the long you them not know who you truly are.
Re: Who Is God? by Sirniyeh(m): 6:45pm On Aug 04, 2012
Sweetnecta
na wa for you o. I dont know you but with all you post, it is evident that you talk too much. Sorry if it sounds like insult, i dont mean that. The story is too much. I am a student of nairaland and i did not grasp any point from all your long essay. What and who is God?
Re: Who Is God? by TheOP1(m): 6:56pm On Aug 04, 2012
Sirniyeh: What and who is God?

Simply answer the question and move on, Haba!!!
Re: Who Is God? by rhymz(m): 8:15pm On Aug 04, 2012
Sweetnecta: Never will there be any intention to dictate to you or force you to do what you feel uncomfortable doing.
all i have done is to agitate your conscience to live a bit.

your case remind me of when i wanted to be a soldier because it was the in thing among young people.
my cousin was smart enough to put a dent on the idea, reminding me that there was no war that nigeria needed defense personalities on.

and i could defend nigeria in many other ways, academics and or wealth are defense options he mentioned.

he also told me about the possibility of being in the officers mess as some crazy ideas are being discussed and someone may count me part of it, even though was not even aware of any discussion.

i took his advise at the end and thank God i am here and not a 6 ft under, while i am just discovering islam now!

lets put a scenario in place: say you manage to keep this awful thing as your secret forever. you are now married to this muslim woman and you have children.

oh, there will be islamic ceremonies. what will you say about name and religion of your children from a devoted muslim mother and grandparents? no religion or you will continue to live a lie?

and the children are now learning to recite Quran. You are a wealthy surgeon and hajj time i here. the children are old enough to pray and they love it. You still have your parents until you are about 85 years old.

what are your rights over the rights of others that you continue to lie to them while you can just get it over with now?

bad news does not get better with time, if nothing is done to rectify the condition. what you would be doing is letting your lie eat up your heart until when they know, they say your are the most heartless person that ever walked the face of the earth. You will let a muslim woman marry a chronic kufar, without her having the choice to say yes or no in the deal. how different are you from the alfa who is telling her lies?

and by the way, i asked you to show me in either Quran or hadith where women are told that they are second class to men.

dr., you need to drop some benjanins in the box of any masjid of your choice for asking you to make your heart up instead of allowing it to sleep hard or sleep walking denying reality.
while you deserve to be happy, so do others who you are not telling the truth. they deserve much happiness that you deserve under the circumstances because you are the cause of the chaos that the effect will be worse the long you them not know who you truly are.
Needless Gibberish! Just Give us a concrete proof of God, simple.
Re: Who Is God? by Sweetnecta: 1:11am On Aug 05, 2012
the^^^^^^^^^^ three posts that one of them said he is a student of nairaland want God to be defined in few sentences and that will be it, considering that I take God, as a muslim would, saying that God is absolute and has created and is controlling all things. How is this possible to acquiesce your demand, seeing that none of you is a muslim?
Re: Who Is God? by Sirniyeh(m): 6:52pm On Aug 05, 2012
Sweetnecta
What does religion has to do with issue of God's authenticity? Whether I am a muslim or not should not be a barrer to define God. It will even be an advantage for you to establish your religion by describing the God you worship. Inability to do that indicates that you serve the God you dont understand!
A pry two child will tell you God is the creator. A pry six will say God is a spirit. A class three will tell you God is the originator of human life. SS 3 student will say God is the source of all possibility. An undergraduate of psychology said God is the embodiment of human thought. A PHD holder said God is the neutron in human brain.
A professor said every human being is a God.
Who is correct among all?
Re: Who Is God? by rhymz(m): 8:22pm On Aug 05, 2012
Sirniyeh: Sweetnecta
What does religion has to do with issue of God's authenticity? Whether I am a muslim or not should not be a barrer to define God. It will even be an advantage for you to establish your religion by describing the God you worship. Inability to do that indicates that you serve the God you dont understand!
A pry two child will tell you God is the creator. A pry six will say God is a spirit. A class three will tell you God is the originator of human life. SS 3 student will say God is the source of all possibility. An undergraduate of psychology said God is the embodiment of human thought. A PHD holder said God is the neutron in human brain.
And I say God is man's mental creation to answer to answer questions that expose the limitations of his knowledge.
It only exist in the figment of his imagination, he exists in the mind of those that believe he does and does not exist in the mind of those that do not believe. That's why he can neither be proved nor disproved.
I like to pretend like he does just to get all these indoctrinated averages off my back but in my solitude, I blieve he does not exist.
Re: Who Is God? by Sweetnecta: 1:07am On Aug 06, 2012
@ sirniyeh and rhymz:
by rhymz(m): 8:22pm On Aug 05

Sirniyeh: Sweetnecta

And I say God is man's mental creation to answer to answer questions that expose the limitations of his knowledge.
It only exist in the figment of his imagination, he exists in the mind of those that believe he does and does not exist in the mind of those that do not believe. That's why he can neither be proved nor disproved.
I like to pretend like he does just to get all these indoctrinated averages off my back but in my solitude, I blieve he does not exist.
and it is heart, in your case, solitude that God uses to classify. you can pretend that there is no forest when you are in the jungle with tall trees for miles. you can say there is no God because a ph.d. holder says God is the neutron in the brain. but the reality is that complicated question may have the most simple answer. since you can't see God, some conclude He does not exist. human cant even see air, but can only feels it as wind and sees the particles the wind carries. shouldn't God be even more powerful and more invisible than the air He created?. God is therefore above whatever can be imagined. no one can capture the essence of God in totality. Hence, God cant be seen by the living. But he can feel God.

God is the One that make the mechanics of hunger, sleep, tiredness, need to use the toilet, etc in your body. and they come alive to affect you as they often do. and God has designed you with weaknesses. If you are in a state of chaos, calamity or discomfort enough to be vulnerable, you will call on to Him, involuntarily. God is the One Who can relieve. He can make you not to wake up in time. or not wake up at all until He recreates you. He can make sleep leave your body until one will be viewed as somebody possessed. You cant prevent His decision on you such as punishment or ease.

Where is God? I am pointing upward. All the way above the heavens. Alone. Full of Power and Able to do what He Wills.
Re: Who Is God? by Sirniyeh(m): 4:25am On Aug 06, 2012
Sweetnecta
na wa for you o! Which one are you saying again, that your God is up there. You are pointing to up as your God's dwelling place. That means the God you talk about has three bedroom flat in the firmament? For a person like you to point upward for where God resides shows that you dont know what you are saying. Does He have bed there where He sleeps?
Re: Who Is God? by Sweetnecta: 8:21pm On Aug 07, 2012
@Sirniyeh:
by Sirniyeh(m): 4:25am On Aug 06
Sweetnecta
na wa for you o! Which one are you saying again, that your God is up there.
Because He is not on earth with us, duuh.

You are pointing to up as your God's dwelling place.
dwelling place? where did i say that? God is not on earth and He is above all, including all the heavens. all creations, including the heavens are like a speck in His care. You need to be honest when you respond to me.

That means the God you talk about has three bedroom flat in the firmament?
so the biggest 'place' in your eyes is 3 bedroom flat? While I did not say the Creator is housed at all, there must be homes where you live that has more than 3 bedrooms, hence bigger than your 3 bedroom flat?

For a person like you to point upward for where God resides shows that you dont know what you are saying.while i pointed up, i never said God lived or resides there. I simply said God is up there above the earth for those of you who asked that He been seen with your human eyes, above all things including the topmost heaven so that you know that He is not within or part of creation. His Throne Supreme is over all heavens and He is "ABOVE" His Throne. I didnt say sitting on the Throne, but Above it.

[quote]Does He have bed there where He sleeps?
My God does not slumber or wary or tired. The ideal of refreshing of God in your mind is not part of Allah Who is my God, your God, regardless of your denial. Your reality is your reality. Someday, you will grow old to actually know that you may one day die and God may take account of your deeds.
Re: Who Is God? by Sweetnecta: 8:56pm On Aug 07, 2012
And for those who say "If God exist, I like to see Him", forget that they will only know the reality of their folly when they finally get to the time God has appointed. Reality: the earth appears to be relatively flat if you are on your property. the truth of the spherical shape of the earth will no more be doubtful if one were to be in space looking back at the earth.

one who wakes up before sun is shining may actually observe it rising. he may see the sun throughout the day as if it is moving to a destination. Then he actually see it setting, heralding the nightfall. This is the reality of his sight. But if he were to be in space, he will that it is the earth that is moving, turning about so that new part is exposed to the light of the sun that made his eyes see a rising, a traveling and a setting sun. sun in reality does not rise or set, though it is traveling on a journey part from that of the earth.

what i am saying is this, if your eyes can give you an impression that is not reality when your brain interpret what the real situation is with the sun, why would you think you can handle the sight of anything that is Truly God's, eg Light from Him that the bold Moses [as] could not handle when the light was allowed to the mountain, which cause the mountain to become dust?

If you dont even know the reality of the sun from the earth, how can you ask for God to appear physically to you? Can the earth be able to contain God when His Angel can overwhelm the earth, if God commands it?

Should we not be satisfied with the creation as signs of existence of God Who has brought about all of these? why then do we want to look at God with our sight before we believe He exists when we cant even look at the sun with our na.ked eyes without disaster of compromised vision, right away?
Re: Who Is God? by Sweetnecta: 8:56pm On Aug 07, 2012
And for those who say "If God exist, I like to see Him", forget that they will only know the reality of their folly when they finally get to the time God has appointed. Reality: the earth appears to be relatively flat if you are on your property. the truth of the spherical shape of the earth will no more be doubtful if one were to be in space looking back at the earth.

one who wakes up before sun is shining may actually observe it rising. he may see the sun throughout the day as if it is moving to a destination. Then he actually see it setting, heralding the nightfall. This is the reality of his sight. But if he were to be in space, he will that it is the earth that is moving, turning about so that new part is exposed to the light of the sun that made his eyes see a rising, a traveling and a setting sun. sun in reality does not rise or set, though it is traveling on a journey part from that of the earth.

what i am saying is this, if your eyes can give you an impression that is not reality when your brain interpret what the real situation is with the sun, why would you think you can handle the sight of anything that is Truly God's, eg Light from Him that the bold Moses [as] could not handle when the light was allowed to the mountain, which cause the mountain to become dust?

If you dont even know the reality of the sun from the earth, how can you ask for God to appear physically to you? Can the earth be able to contain God when His Angel can overwhelm the earth, if God commands it?

Should we not be satisfied with the creation as signs of existence of God Who has brought about all of these? why then do we want to look at God with our sight before we believe He exists when we cant even look at the sun with our na.ked eyes without disaster of compromised vision, right away?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Leave This Place" Jesus Told A Man IN Hajj / Osanyin (osain / Ozain) Talking In My Shrine [video] / 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.