Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates (45919 Views)

Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others / Top Ten List Of Countries For Masters Degree / Please How Much Do Dey Sell Ticket To South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by mevisbleek: 9:27pm On Sep 05, 2012
soyomoney: AND IF I'M GOING TO WORK AND STUDY....WAT IS D MINIMUM I CAN EARN AND THE MAXIMUM...PLS REPLY

Minimum u can earn is $10.25/hr.
Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by seekermi: 8:42am On Sep 06, 2012
@masvesbleek...thanks for trying your possible best to inform people about how to go about things over there...but what I want you to know is that, don't expect everybody to sound positive to your help..that's life for u..ok...but pls just keep doing the good work....NEED UR HELP...I'm a graduate of ondo state university here in Nigeria, and I graduated with 3.35(2:2)...I read BIOLOGY(B.sc,Ed).and I wish to go for my masters programme in Canada...but I will like to know more about doing Educational course @my masters level or Move to Science Area...which one do u think will be of more a help for me?,and talking about intership of a thing...which of the schools will u advise me to go if I'm your little brother...?
Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by mikkyangel(m): 12:40pm On Sep 06, 2012
mevisbleek:

It seems as if u have got everything figured out. All i can say is "God be with u".

Guy(Mevisbleek) u no dey try at all ohhh, mk u try send me ur contact to my mail box, u just blank,dey form celebrity...any which way i got lots of friends Toronto, Calgary,Vancouver and my man just landed Quebec last weeknd. Besides MEDLABGIRL wrote a topic, "coming to Canada choose british columbia" , she wrote in 2010, and she gave me her number tru which i dey communicate with her regularly. I also found out she was from my place...So any which way, u can keep ya number...I go reach dt ground weda d devil likes it or not!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by seekermi: 1:04pm On Sep 06, 2012
@mevisbleek...y u no wan respond to my *uestion?
Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by mevisbleek: 1:17pm On Sep 06, 2012
seekermi: @mevisbleek...y u no wan respond to my *uestion?

My friend why are u trying to be harsh on me? Please consider the time difference (Canada is 5hrs behind). Sorry, I have little expertise in your field of study. Most schools in Canada does not accept 2.2 u wld have to do PGD first. I am so sorry if i couldn't be of help
Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by mevisbleek: 1:22pm On Sep 06, 2012
mikkyangel:

Guy(Mevisbleek) u no dey try at all ohhh, mk u try send me ur contact to my mail box, u just blank,dey form celebrity...any which way i got lots of friends Toronto, Calgary,Vancouver and my man just landed Quebec last weeknd. Besides MEDLABGIRL wrote a topic, "coming to Canada choose british columbia" , she wrote in 2010, and she gave me her number tru which i dey communicate with her regularly. I also found out she was from my place...So any which way, u can keep ya number...I go reach dt ground weda d devil likes it or not!

Chief how I go blank my Chairman. : ). Sorry i dey always dey work but still trying to respond to every post on dis forum. my email add is Since u have people in Canada then u are in good hands. If u need any thing tho dont hesitate to shoot me an email.

Please let be careful in the choice of words so we do not offend anyone. Sorry for my behavior it was not intentional.
Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by mevisbleek: 1:28pm On Sep 06, 2012
Please lets all try to be respectful to each other. We are all adults (Masters Candidate). I have never been disrespectful to anyone on dis project and i try to respond to everyone even when I am at the office. Please my brothers/sisters in Naija pls consider the time difference before thinking that i dont wanna reply to ur msg. I no be chairman and i no dey form chairman. I am trying to help masters students sothat they dont make the same mistake that I made.

I am sorry tho if i acted like a douche bag.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by mevisbleek: 1:29pm On Sep 06, 2012
mevisbleek:

Chief how I go blank my Chairman. : ). Sorry i dey always dey work but still trying to respond to every post on dis forum. my email add is Since u have people in Canada then u are in good hands. If u need any thing tho dont hesitate to shoot me an email. Wetin u wan go find for BC? I don tell u say u be hussler make u go Calgary

Please let be careful in the choice of words so we do not offend anyone. Sorry for my behavior it was not intentional.
Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by Aks(m): 2:22pm On Sep 06, 2012
@mevisbleek, Thanks for the posts
I just sent you a mail, kindly check and advise

@Justwise - Read the post from the beginning to the end, all i can say is thanks for the 'sensible' moderation of the thread
Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by mevisbleek: 3:30pm On Sep 06, 2012
Aks: @mevisbleek, Thanks for the posts
I just sent you a mail, kindly check and advise

@Justwise - Read the post from the beginning to the end, all i can say is thanks for the 'sensible' moderation of the thread

Sir, I would reply yor message later tonight when i get home. I cannot access my gmail account from the office
Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by MrNigeria2(m): 7:50pm On Sep 06, 2012
mevisbleek: Please lets all try to be respectful to each other. We are all adults (Masters Candidate). I have never been disrespectful to anyone on dis project and i try to respond to everyone even when I am at the office. Please my brothers/sisters in Naija pls consider the time difference before thinking that i dont wanna reply to ur msg. I no be chairman and i no dey form chairman. I am trying to help masters students sothat they dont make the same mistake that I made.

I am sorry tho if i acted like a douche bag.

Canadian boy, I like your humility more grease to your elbow joint shocked)
Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by imadebaby: 9:28am On Sep 07, 2012
mevisbleek:

Hi bro, which school did u finish ur MBA from? Are u workin after studies now?

My brother, i never said no work for MBA students. lol. I said combination MBA studies and work is gonna be hard. However, u could look for a job in school. For me, while I was doing my MBA (2yrs) I never worked i just focused on school. Just try carry enough money come here and dont rely on work. U dont even get a work permit till after 6months of studies and u have to be in good academic standing.
Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by imadebaby: 9:38am On Sep 07, 2012
Hi Mevis,
Pls wat are my chances of gettin visa for me and my 2 kids am comin mba in calgary.

mevisbleek:

Minimum u can earn is $10.25/hr.
Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by gilgee(m): 5:24am On Sep 08, 2012
Hi,

Thanks for your efforts man.
What say you about HEC Montreal in terms of employability and alumni recognition?
Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by winnerstillers: 7:06pm On Sep 08, 2012
mevisbleek:

Bruv, I heared from a couple of people that Carleton University has a very good Journalism program u should check it out. Follow the link below. Journalism seems interesting. All I can say is "God be with u"

http://www1.carleton.ca/sjc/
thanks
Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by acetee: 11:09pm On Sep 08, 2012
shavel: hello bro, got my visa on Monday to study at the university of winnipeg in Manitoba just to study pre-engineering courses and then transfer to any school of my choice but am looking at queens university to study elec/elect. Sir I would be very grateful if you can provide me a means to contact u, I need to have a chat with u.......will land in Canada in two weeks time.
Thanks in anticipation.
Please I need to ask you some questions.. Can we make it private and how do I get in touch with you? Gracias!
Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by acetee: 11:35pm On Sep 08, 2012
mevisbleek: @manweysabi, Memorial University is in Newfoundland, Sorry but nothing dey happen for there. Tuition cheap for there but when u grad just relocate to toronto or Calgary. Why did u go for Masters in Economics, you would have gone for MBA @ Ryerson University or MBA in Oil and Gas @ University of Calgary.

I guess that your masters program has no internship. doing a program without internship is not adviseable cos after graduation you would be stucked cos Canadian employers would say u have no Canadian experience, na this kind thing dey make masters students do yeye job just to survive. I dont wanna scare u, i am just a realist.

Well, its all good when u enter i go give u my number make we relate i go let u know job u can be doing by the side.

ADVISE TO ALL NIGERIANS COMING TO CANADA FOR MASTERS, ALSO CHOOSE A PROGRAM THAT COMES WITH INTERNSHIP BECAUSE IT WOULD HELP YOU IN THE LONG RUN. INTERNSHIP IS THE FASTEST WAY TO GET JOB IN CANADA. ALSO U GUYS SHOULD NOT GO FOR MBA @ CARLETON UNIVERSITY, THE MBA PROGRAM FOR THERE NO MAKE SENSE
Please I need to ask you some questions.. Can we make it private and how do I get in touch with you? Gracias!
Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by sirjoshua(m): 1:26pm On Sep 10, 2012
Gudday nairaland & u all, pls cld u be of help on this issue. I wish to do my masters prog in canada but I have a 2'2, pls is that possible?
Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by mevisbleek: 3:40pm On Sep 10, 2012
Most Masters prog in Canada do not accept 2.2 u would have to go do post grad diploma first. Research any college and get in there after that u do ur Masters.
Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by LoveKing(m): 8:07am On Sep 11, 2012
@mevisbleek
you are great guy.
I have 3rd class elect eng. Any pgd chance? And what major do you advice for masters for my field for a chance at internship? What about the requirements to do a pgd and what universities do you recommend?
Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by mevisbleek: 3:35pm On Sep 11, 2012
LoveKing: @mevisbleek
you are great guy.
I have 3rd class elect eng. Any pgd chance? And what major do you advice for masters for my field for a chance at internship? What about the requirements to do a pgd and what universities do you recommend?

You would have to research that, i do not really have expertise in your field of study.
Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by bashtee: 6:28pm On Sep 12, 2012
@ Mavisbleek

I dey Woodbridge

Cool, are you gonna be at the NL toronto meeting on the 15th of sept, check the travelling to canada for more.
Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by ifegy: 7:22pm On Sep 12, 2012
For students coming to Toronto, or already in Toronto, here are details of proposed NL meet up.

Please RSVP in this section or via email to myself (email in profile)by end of this week, for reservations.

Date: Saturday September 15

Time: 3pm

Location: Korean Grill House, 754 Yonge Street (Yonge and Bloor)

Website & menu: www.koreangrillhouse.com/yb_home.htm
Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by andre99(m): 1:45pm On Sep 13, 2012
@mevisbleek, I think I might have to settle for MBA in MUN, what is ur advise, it is a very cheap skool, I need to leave naija fast.
Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by mevisbleek: 5:44pm On Sep 13, 2012
andre99: @mevisbleek, I think I might have to settle for MBA in MUN, what is ur advise, it is a very cheap skool, I need to leave naija fast.

If MUN is within ur budget then go for it. D not go ver your budget because u wan do masters. Concluded, go for MUN.
Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by mevisbleek: 5:46pm On Sep 13, 2012
ifegy: For students coming to Toronto, or already in Toronto, here are details of proposed NL meet up.

Please RSVP in this section or via email to myself (email in profile)by end of this week, for reservations.

Date: Saturday September 15

Time: 3pm

Location: Korean Grill House, 754 Yonge Street (Yonge and Bloor)

Website & menu: www.koreangrillhouse.com/yb_home.htm

lOL. I know that restaurant. Their food make sense. Unfortunately, my branch OPENS ON SAT and gotta be there. OMG I dey vex.
Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by sirjoshua(m): 5:50pm On Sep 13, 2012
@mevisbleek. Thank u very much! Since I am a 2'2 grad of B.Sc econs & I don't have d chance of going for masters in canada other than a pgd. I actually have this courses in mind: project mgt, int'l biz, HR mgt or psycology n guidiance n counselling. Although am working with a federal parastatal under education in d admin dept. This is my second year. Which course is favourable in terms of my present org & internship am looking forward to in canada.
Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by mevisbleek: 7:30pm On Sep 13, 2012
sirjoshua: @mevisbleek. Thank u very much! Since I am a 2'2 grad of B.Sc econs & I don't have d chance of going for masters in canada other than a pgd. I actually have this courses in mind: project mgt, int'l biz, HR mgt or psycology n guidiance n counselling. Although am working with a federal parastatal under education in d admin dept. This is my second year. Which course is favourable in terms of my present org & internship am looking forward to in canada.

No disrespect but I cannot giveyou an answer because any answer I give you would be based on personal preference. I would suggest that you choose the program that tickles your fancy or the one in which you have experience in. Based on your experience seems that project mgt is more suitable (What do you think?).

If you do HR Mgt in Canada be prepared to do CHRP (Chartered Human Resource Professional) after your program.
If you do International Business I would advise that you do IMBA (International MBA from York U) after your program.
If you do Pyschology (I heared this course is good but i possess little or no expertise in this area)
If you do guidance & Counselling (No expertise in this area)
If you do Project Management, after the Program you would have to get your PMP.

Brother, you need to do more research before you choose a course of study. Have you thought about a course in Public Administration since you are experienced in that field?

Do you have the patience to learn language(Spanish or French? If yes, I would do International Business, after that you learn spanish or french then try to get into the IMBA Program at York University after the Prog u apply for the International Associate Development Program (IADP) at York University. I hear they take a lot of IMBA grads from York U. If u dont get in there are lots of Billingual jobs in Canada and they pay more than normal English jobs.

Everything wey i talk na just suggestion. Do extensive research and consult with your pocket and think am over. Have a wonderful day. Bye Bye.

consider the environment before printing this message.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by daminho(m): 11:58pm On Sep 18, 2012
@mevisbleek please which university in canada takes 2:2 for M.sc and what if i want to do PGD in one of the schools, what's the process imvolved.....ur advice pls!!
Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by mevisbleek: 4:53am On Sep 19, 2012
daminho: @mevisbleek please which university in canada takes 2:2 for M.sc and what if i want to do PGD in one of the schools, what's the process imvolved.....ur advice pls!!

I have not seen a school that accepts 2.2 for MSC. If you wanna do PGD you would have to google that depending on your course of study
Re: Canada Just Dey Dull Masters Graduates by xyoung: 6:08pm On Sep 19, 2012
mikkyangel: Masvesbleek, yeah u asked waitin man won come do for dis slow country ,hehe los angeles in fun but man never strong for ground wella as regards paper matter, so man dey look at plan B just incase d pkaly nor work out as planned besides,I got lots of health issues and my mum too, and I feel canada(free health care)is da best place to run things,even as a student u fit brng ur parents and wife while studiyng..After ur advised,I reserached and found a post graduate cert + coop internship in sports managemnt in seneca college Toronto, whts ur advice? I alrdy got a master from Poland and am into import bizness while huzzling here in yanky,so I nor won stress myself dey read heaven and earth,frm MSc to MBa...shd I go for it? Furthermore, I have gone tru this canada immigra site,over and over again and realize dey attach more imptance to pple coming for farming and sports,so me dey feel doing this programme go fast track my paper runs.On d long run, man dey think of bringing young sports men and women frm n9ja to do sports in cana, dts i mean as an agent in futute(eg footballers, judokas ), Bliv u me,i know whr to get these guys in Ajegunle..also, I know say toronto na pady pady as u claimed,but ,I b hussler to d core, from warsaw to ohio,from Bremen to Baltimore to inglewood in LA,i have hussled in all these cities,so I bliv I go survive Toronto..bro abeg advise me and send me ur num to my email mikkyangelo2@yahoo.com...(Dis na d second time I dey ask u,nor dull me).....

@mikkyangel..I like ur hussling spirit..need to catch up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

The World-class Eko Atlantic Road Network / My Lovely Trip to Jubilee Chalets In Epe Owned By The Lagos State Government / The True State Of The Enugu International Airport - Eze Pee-Cee Shares Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.