Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,955 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? (167400 Views)

Africanism Today ( An Event Celebrating Africa & Natural Hair Meetup) / Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? / Why Is There So Much Hatred For Other Tribes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Puntite: 5:48pm On Jan 17, 2015
gallivant:

Because we showed them the light.
Eeeewww!
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 17, 2015
KidStranglehold:

Just because you or I find him funny doesn't mean others do, especially rational Somalis. Who he has given a bad name to before I even joined. Not banning Axum actually gives the mods and this site in general a bad rep. It tells us that anyone can troll and get away with it.

Again not trying to disrespect you as a mod, but he has been trolling since I think 2011.

In a sense he has embarrassed rational Somalis more than the Bantus. I read some of their posts/comments where they try to point out that the troll is just one crazy person, and I feel sorry for them.

For their sake alone, it is irresponsible to leave Axum running wild on this forum.

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 5:54pm On Jan 17, 2015
KidStranglehold:

Just because you or I find him funny doesn't mean others do, especially rational Somalis. Who he has given a bad name to before I even joined. Not banning Axum actually gives the mods and this site in general a bad rep. It tells us that anyone can troll and get away with it.

Again not trying to disrespect you as a mod, but he has been trolling since I think 2011.

He's not giving Somalis a bad rep, he's only giving himself a bad rep. Educated people won't associate 1 Somali with an entire group of people. In a way, that's racism to use 1 person to judge an entire group of people.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 17, 2015
Fulaman198:

He's not giving Somalis a bad rep, he's only giving himself a bad rep. Educated people won't associate 1 Somali with an entire group of people. In a way, that's racism to use 1 person to judge an entire group of people.

No he's giving Somalis in general a bad name. Which is why @Maakhir has continually argued with people on here. I've seen many times on here when people attack Somalia/Somalis in general due to axum.

Giving Somalis a bad rep or not, not banning him gives this site a bad rep. It shows anyone can come here and troll and get away with it. He has broken most of the rules listed REPEATEDLY. Saying that he's here because he's "funny" is not a good excuse, its actually a pretty awful one. But hey I'm not mod of this site and its not up to me. He was funny to me when I first joined, when we would go at it and I would get kicks at destroying most of his views with ease But now his standup is just stale, repetitive and irritating.

Anyways I sent you a PM earlier. Can you check it out? Thanks.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 17, 2015
Radoillo:

In a sense he has embarrassed rational Somalis more than the Bantus. I read some of their posts/comments where they try to point out that the troll is just one crazy person, and I feel sorry for them.

For their sake alone, it is irresponsible to leave Axum running wild on this forum.

THIS!!!
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Puntite: 6:28pm On Jan 17, 2015
axum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9YqRvevtV4
love eritreans my best friend is ertitrean. good people!
What the president said was right about not relying on any hand outs and not being enslaved and brain washed.
very clever president. no wonder they are isolated rotten US scum. they want nothing but install puppit presidents.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 6:44pm On Jan 17, 2015
KidStranglehold:

No he's giving Somalis in general a bad name. Which is why @Maakhir has continually argued with people on here. I've seen many times on here when people attack Somalia/Somalis in general due to axum.

Giving Somalis a bad rep or not, not banning him gives this site a bad rep. It shows anyone can come here and troll and get away with it. He has broken most of the rules listed REPEATEDLY. Saying that he's here because he's "funny" is not a good excuse, its actually a pretty awful one. But hey I'm not mod of this site and its not up to me. He was funny to me when I first joined, when we would go at it and I would get kicks at destroying most of his views with ease But now his standup is just stale, repetitive and irritating.

Anyways I sent you a PM earlier. Can you check it out? Thanks.

Yah I'll check out your PM
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by barwaaqo: 7:31pm On Jan 17, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

You need mental help.

EnlightenedSoul:

I actually think Pan-Africanism is some kind of sick joke.

We need help

Maakhir:

Hello smiley

Greetings friend.

Radoillo:

Well, the mods seem to think he's funny. Perhaps, they keep him here for comic relief.

Too bad they dont feel the same for pan african laughs
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Puntite: 9:52pm On Jan 17, 2015
Maakhir:

But your every-bodies prostitute, white and black alike.
Get that monkey dick outta ur mouth before you speak to me!! Uuuff!
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 17, 2015
@Fulaman198

Thanks man! smiley

You're a life savor.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Puntite: 11:38pm On Jan 17, 2015
KidStranglehold:
@Fulaman198

Thanks man! smiley

You're a life savor.
the most disgusting thing i have ever heard. A negro is your life savior.
what are you guys tarzan and jane?
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 17, 2015
Puntite:

The f*ck are you talking about!? shocked shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by TerryCarr(m): 11:43pm On Jan 17, 2015
too many Somalis. time for a purge
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 12:16am On Jan 18, 2015
Puntite:

Ok negro, and are you a savior to anyone? I don't consider myself a savior by any means.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Puntite: 12:27am On Jan 18, 2015
Fulaman198:

Ok negro, and are you a savior to anyone? I don't consider myself a savior by any means.
Bro are you looking for savior.
Have you lost your white savior?
How can someone with ebola be a savior!
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 1:26am On Jan 18, 2015
Puntite:

Bro are you looking for savior.
Have you lost your white savior?
How can someone with ebola be a savior!

So tell me brat, who is my white saviour, and an fyi Nigeria is not a country with Ebola. Nice try though

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 19, 2015
Radoillo:

Radoillo, trust me, the sample is very closely related to the main product. Few of those people are kind. Take it from a Kenyan who has interacted and organised charitable events to impoverished areas only for rowdy, veiled women to line up for offered services armed with kitchen knives. They do not know peace.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Maakhir(m): 3:38pm On Jan 19, 2015
muafrika:

Radoillo, trust me, the sample is very closely related to the main product. Few of those people are kind. Take it from a Kenyan who has interacted and organised charitable events to impoverished areas only for rowdy, veiled women to line up for offered services armed with kitchen knives. They do not know peace.

Really now?
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Maakhir(m): 3:39pm On Jan 19, 2015
muafrika:

Many of us are kind, which Somali's have you met?

Somali's in Kneya are often refugees and under bad conditions. Frankly, I don't blame them.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Maakhir(m): 3:39pm On Jan 19, 2015
muafrika:

Somali's in Kenya are often refugees and under bad conditions. Frankly, I don't blame them.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by gallivant: 3:39pm On Jan 19, 2015
Radoillo:

Their is no such thing as a rational Somali.That's an oxymoron.Consider this as re - education, we are doing them a favour.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 19, 2015
muafrika:

Well, I don't know many Somalis. They keep to themselves pretty Much like many other immigrant communities. The handful I know don't come across as snobs or racists though.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 19, 2015
Radoillo:

Well, I don't know many Somalis. They keep to themselves pretty Much like many other immigrant communities. The handful I know don't come across as snobs or racists though.
The racism only comes out on international forums like this one. Distant places like this is where we discover they are not African(hehe). They wouldn't dare be disrespective on a Kenyan forum.

As for being snubs, just wait till all their clansmen join them and they create their exlusive communities within YOUR community.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 19, 2015
Maakhir:

Really now?
Yep.
And when I get a flicker of kindness from the few like you, occassionaly, I know its my lucky day, I take a gamble.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 19, 2015
Maakhir:

Somali's in Kneya are often refugees and under bad conditions. Frankly, I don't blame them.
We have many refugees. Rwanda, DRC, Sudan, they don't walk around with kitchen knives.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by ababda: 5:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
TerryCarr:

if a person of prominently "black" features becomes miss sudan they would trip balls[/img]

I do not have the slightly idea what you mean by this Terry. Firstly, Sudan never hardly participate in global beauty contest due to the lack of clothing in the contest. Secondly, we do participate in the miss Arab contest, and frankly most of them look way to local in order to win, and the contestant is usually Nile valley Sudanese.

EXamples.
Khartoum

[img]http://sudanembassy.com.pk/ar/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Afra-mool.jpg[/img]

and compare to Miss Arab Sudan.

[img]http://www.mohammadi.ca/photos/albums/userpics/10001/Miss%2BArab%2B3.JPG[/img]

This miss Arab Sudan among many looks very local, and we were discussing this some time ago on facebook. Although she is represents about 50% of the current population, they should had got somebody the complied to Arab beauty standards, because everyone has their own standard, there is a European Standard, East Asian Standard, Arab standard, West and Central African standard, and Horn of African standard. Her beauty standard is a Horn of African beauty and not a Arabian one nor possibly other African group Standard. She among others i have witness in Horner specific, but that will not win in any contest in the Arab world.

They should have chosen someone close to these types.

http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/122/2470a03eb17d4bb2a8500429dac9bed4/l.jpg
http://tasneemalsultan.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/IMG_0256-900x600.jpg

Although they represent 10 percent of the population, but individual such as this comply to the supposedly beauty standards of the arab world. Is it biase? Yup. But measuring beauty is biase, hence the expression beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Now if we are talking about within the Continent of Africa or International beauty contest (if Sudan ever enter such a thing) or the Miss Muslim World contest, and since they are somewhat unbiase in comparison to the contest i mentioned, sure why not have a person from South Kordofan or Darfur represent the entire country. Which is not a problem for most people here.

if a person of prominently "black" features becomes miss sudan they would trip balls

So, this quote you stated really does not make sense nor hold any validity. Since most the the supposedly beauty contestants are extremely local.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by gallivant: 5:34pm On Jan 19, 2015
What are Africans doing participating in miss arab contests? Do the Arabs send beauties to miss Africa? It is mental colonization at its best. It's sounds stup!d to try and comply to beauty standards of Arabia when Sudanese are considered Africans by everybody. sad.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 5:37pm On Jan 19, 2015
ababda:

I do not have the slightly idea what you mean by this Terry. Firstly, Sudan never hardly participate in global beauty contest due to the lack of clothing in the contest. Secondly, we do participate in the miss Arab contest, and frankly most of them look way to local in order to win, and the contestant is usually Nile valley Sudanese.

EXamples.
Khartoum

[img]http://sudanembassy.com.pk/ar/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Afra-mool.jpg[/img]

and compare to Miss Arab Sudan.

[img]http://www.mohammadi.ca/photos/albums/userpics/10001/Miss%2BArab%2B3.JPG[/img]

This miss arab Sudan among many looks very local, and we were discussing this some time ago on facebook. Although she is represents about 50% of the current population, they should had got somebody the complied to Arab beauty standards, because everyone has their own standard, there is a European Standard, Asian Standard, West and Central African standard, and Horn of African standard. Her beauty standard is a Horn of African beauty and not a Arabian one.

They should of got someone close to these types.

http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/122/2470a03eb17d4bb2a8500429dac9bed4/l.jpg
http://tasneemalsultan.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/IMG_0256-900x600.jpg

Although they represent 10 percent of the population, but individual such as this comply to the supposedly beauty standards of the arab world.

Now if we are talking about within the Continent of Africa or International beauty contest (if Sudan ever enter such a thing) or the Miss Muslim World contest, and since they are somewhat unbiase in comparison to the contest i mentioned, sure why not have a person from South Kordofan or Darfur represent the entire country. Which is not a problem for most people here.

So, this quote you stated really does not make sense nor hold any validity. Since most the the supposedly beauty contestants are extremely local.

I don't agree with how you put West and Central Africa together as one, because it's wrong.

West Africa is a very diverse region (so is Central Africa in a way).

Are you saying that the Standard of beauty in neighbouring Chad (which borders both Sudan and Nigeria) would be the same as the standard of beauty in a country like Congo?

Or the standard of beauty in a country like Nigeria which has thousands of standards of beauty be the same as say even our neighbours Benin?
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by ababda: 5:44pm On Jan 19, 2015
Fulaman198:

I don't agree with how you put West and Central Africa together as one, because it's wrong.

West Africa is a very diverse region (so is Central Africa in a way).

Are you saying that the Standard of beauty in neighbouring Chad (which borders both Sudan and Nigeria) would be the same as the standard of beauty in a country like Congo?

Or the standard of beauty in a country like Nigeria which has thousands of standards of beauty be the same as say even our neighbours Benin?

Everyone has certain standards Fulaman within any group of people and society. Even within the same society you have individual who may not comply with the local beauty standards. As far as West and Central Africa, i am not throwing them together, but stating they have their own beauty standards like everyone else. Honestly, at the end of the day, majority people are drawn to people that look like them. Call it human tribalism as you like, but that's the way it is.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by ababda: 5:53pm On Jan 19, 2015
gallivant:
What are Africans doing participating in miss arab contests? Do the Arabs send beauties to miss Africa? It is mental colonization at its best. It's sounds stup!d to try and comply to beauty standards of Arabia when Sudanese are considered Africans by everybody. sad.

@Gallivant

Let me turn this question to you as well. Why are Africans competing for Miss England and France? Since the majority of the population is native Europeans.

The contestants is not only within the Levant or Arabian Peninsula, Most North African countries participate including Somalia. Also both countries are part of the Arab league, so yes they participate. As i mentioned you have some individual in Sudan that fit what is considered beautiful in the arab world

For example Nancy Ajaj

She fits within their standards. Is it biase? yup. But these silly beauty contest is indeed biase. Because each of us individually have our own idea what is beautiful. Honestly we should look at people inward appearance instead of the outward appearance which matters the most.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by gallivant: 9:09pm On Jan 19, 2015
ababda:

@Gallivant

Let me turn this question to you as well. Why are Africans competing for Miss England and France? Since the majority of the population is native Europeans.

Those Africans are European nationals so they are representing their adopted countries.I don't know any African country that participates in European contests.It's only horners that feel the need to be part of Arabian events and daily lifes.It's pathetic that you also in Arab league, when did you become Arabs?
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by TerryCarr(m): 11:17pm On Jan 19, 2015
gallivant:

Those Africans are European nationals so they are representing their adopted countries.I don't know any African country that participates in European contests.It's only horners that feel the need to be part of Arabian events and daily lifes.It's pathetic that you also in Arab league, when did you become Arabs?
about 500 years ago grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (63) (Reply)

Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. / Yorubas, Please Help Me Translate These Words. / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.