Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? (166601 Views)

Africanism Today ( An Event Celebrating Africa & Natural Hair Meetup) / Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? / Why Is There So Much Hatred For Other Tribes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by axum: 2:46am On Jan 16, 2015
KidStranglehold:

*troll*yet Somalis are more related to them. *troll*

slowpoke, Nubian people who look like Somalis are related to us, those who look more Nilotic are not, thus the reason why Sudan had war against black arabs vs Nilotic who were not muslim
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 3:02am On Jan 16, 2015
axum:

slowpoke, Nubian people who look like Somalis are related to us, those who look more Nilotic are not, thus the reason why Sudan had war against black arabs vs Nilotic who were not muslim

So just because another group resembles another one means there related? Do you not know how ret*rded you sound. There are no genetic studies that binds any Nubian group closely to Somalis. Unless you can fetch me a genetic study that says o.

And the war in Sudan had nothing to about who looked like who. I hope you are aware that the people who were doing the killings of those "black Africans" in Darfur were these people the Janjweed:

Some of them look "nilotic" or "bantu". lol! Mind you these are the people Bashir employed to kill the "blacks" in Darfur. lol!

Are these "bantu" looking fellas closely related to Somalis?
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by axum: 3:03am On Jan 16, 2015
KidStranglehold:

So just because another group resembles another one means there related? Do you not know how ret*rded you sound. There are no genetic studies that binds any Nubian group closely to Somalis. Unless you can fetch me a genetic study that says o.

And the war in Sudan had nothing to about who looked like who. I hope you are aware that the people who were doing the killings of those "black Africans" in Darfur were these people the Janjweed:

Some of them look "nilotic" or "bantu". lol! Mind you these are the people Bashir employed to kill the "blacks" in Darfur. lol!

Are these "bantu" looking fellas closely related to Somalis?

First Sudan is not an ethnicity. You cannot say that two different groups of people are related when they do not look the same.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by gallivant: 3:29am On Jan 16, 2015
You sound stupid Axum.You are literaly not making sense. lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by gallivant: 4:40am On Jan 16, 2015
axum:

Can you get any more r#tard#d than this? Stop thinking with your a$$! sad
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by barwaaqo: 5:28am On Jan 16, 2015
Arabized africans they have to choose a dish as well.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by barwaaqo: 5:28am On Jan 16, 2015
We are never going to give you Sudan so if you think that throw the idea far from the window.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by barwaaqo: 5:29am On Jan 16, 2015
Just throw that idea right on in the mediterranean
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Maakhir(m): 5:36am On Jan 16, 2015
Kafrican:

My point is, when you go to Somalia right now, You wont find anyone worth looking at!!!!!!!
I'd give you an example, Lupita nyongo, a Kenyan actress was a nobody when she did movies in Kenya,I mean you could pass her on the streets and you wouldn't even turn back......... But when she went to the US she underwent a makeover and she became so beautifull (thats what happens to all Somali women of pics you've poseted) she was named Peoples most beautifull person of 2014

Such lies, go to Hargeisa, Gardo and even mogadishu, I've been to Hargeisa, and my cousin went to both mogadishu and gardo, you can find beautiful ladies everywhere in somalia and I can post pics if you want.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by HopeAtHand: 6:56am On Jan 16, 2015
Axum, Eritrea cannot go it alone on the continent.

Eritrea needs Africa more than Africa needs her.

I don't see the need for unnecessary arrogance.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Maakhir(m): 7:17am On Jan 16, 2015
TerryCarr:

it's the curse of the black African most nations & or areas with a lot of blacks are junk but still black Americans are "better" then every other black group on the planet grin which is quit sad, the small Caribbean nations are the only majority black nations in the world that have a "high" development index (except Jamaica which is one big ghetto). i world love to see a black nation as nice as France or U.A.E. but by the time that happens i would be old tongue

Most of the Black American communities live in ghettos. Do not try claiming the achievements of white Americans as your own, the only thing I have seen black Americans contribute to on a mass scale is entertainment and sports. Many Black Americans live in situations as bad as the situations people face in Africa. Poverty, Violence and a whole lot of other problems.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by TerryCarr(m): 7:35am On Jan 16, 2015
Maakhir:

Most of the Black American communities live in ghettos. Do not try claiming the achievements of white Americans as your own
i never said that but it is fact that black american are better off then all other black groups on the planet.

the only thing I have seen black Americans contribute to on a mass scale is entertainment and sports.
mostly yes but the same goes for all blacks. entertainment is a powerful medium sadly most of it is ruled by whites.

Many Black Americans live in situations as bad as the situations people face in Africa. Poverty, Violence and a whole lot of other problems

did you not read my comment carefully
"it's the curse of the black African, most nations & or areas with a lot of blacks are junk"
but black american are a lot richer & well off then most other black groups. especially the other new world blacks in Latin nations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eohfuzusHTg
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 8:03am On Jan 16, 2015
Maakhir:

Most of the Black American communities live in ghettos. Do not try claiming the achievements of white Americans as your own, the only thing I have seen black Americans contribute to on a mass scale is entertainment and sports. Many Black Americans live in situations as bad as the situations people face in Africa. Poverty, Violence and a whole lot of other problems.

Most African-Americans do not live below the poverty line. Also, what you could consider a "ghetto" is highly subjective, because to some people ghetto simply means any large enclave of a minority group. And I wouldn't be mouthing off about other people's contributions, because I'm pretty sure Somalis couldn't point out any notables that ring bells in the scientific community like George Washington Carver, Dr. Ben Carson, Mark Dean, and Lonnie G. Johnson, and wont be able to anytime soon seeing as it doesn't involve bragging about how soft your hair is or straight your nose it, which is the only(non-violent) thing Somalis seem to excel at.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 16, 2015
Rafikizolo:
Hi friends, I have lurked on this site for a long time but decided to create an account today after some recent disturbing and disheartening posts I've seen in the culture section these past few weeks (not going to name people or even the threads I am referring to).
I am a Kenyan-American (dual citizenship) who has lived in South Africa and the United States and visits Kenya regularly. Admittedly, in all these countries, all of the Africans I associate with are fairly progressive so maybe I have a few misconceptions about the things I'm about to discuss here.

In all my time, I've never seen so much illegitimate and unprovoked childishness and hatred from people as I have on this forum with the exception of radical white nationalist groups like the KKK and Stormfront, etc. I'm being very serious right now. People on this forum are better at spitting hatred towards black people than some white neo-nazis, and WE ARE BLACK.

I'm not saying everyone on this forum is like this of course, but why are there so many people who are? Why attack South Africans/Kenyans and tear-down their looks and cultures because you're Nigerian and feel that you are superior? Why dehumanize "bantus" because you are Somali and feel that you're different and more culturally/genetically advanced? None of it makes sense, and one offense is not better than the other. Why must posts that are dedicated to praising our beautiful African women always devolve into tribalistic nonsense?

I'm only 20 years old, but in my opinion, no functioning adult should even be involved in a debate about which country has the most beautiful women... everybody knows they've seen both ugly women and pretty women everywhere they go, and it doesn't matter what you think anyway. Right now there is a white guy somewhere who only finds Swiss women attractive and will swear on his life that they are the most beautiful people in the world, but obviously everyone here would probably disagree with him. Nobody here who thinks, Nigerian/Ghanian/Angolan/Somali/Kenyan/Tanzanian/etc women are the most beautiful are any more correct than that white man.

All of these unnecessary divisions are foolish in my opinion. National identities are created and destroyed constantly. 100 years ago, there was no Kenyan national identity, no Nigerian identity, no Malawian identity, there wasn't a Pakistani identity or a South Korean identity either. And 1000 years ago there wasn't even an overarching black identity in Africa. All of these internet wars that are fought between nations are so arbitrary. Right now countries like Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Burundi are working towards a political and economic union to form a new country, while leaders of the African union are constantly working towards African unity and have spoken in favor of creating a unified African state. Why are people on here so backwards?

When I listen to Nigerian music or South African music I do not feel inferior or jealous or unworthy. I feels so proud. I feel proud of all African achievements. Yet some people on here have written posts claiming that Nigeria is the best country because it has the best music and everyone else is jealous and it has the biggest economy and is therefore untouchable and all other African countries are sub-par and nobody can match Nigeria's excellence etc, etc. By that "logic", the United States is undeniably the best country in the entire world and every African country can suck it (including Nigeria) because the United States has the most popular musicians in the world (and that's not changing any time soon) and has the world's largest economy (Nigeria isn't even in the top 25 largest world economies).

So please, can we move on from this childishness? As Kenyan, i see all African people as my brothers (even Cushites, idk what Axum says) and I know literally dozens, perhaps hundreds of people who see things the same way. So why so much foolishness here? We are all family. One Africa, One Fate.

A warm hello to you, OP.

I must say I share your sentiment. However, you yourself have admitted the bitter truth.The hate I've seen Africans and different groups of Blacks express towards each other is unlike anything I've ever witnessed. We see it in our personal lives, we see it all over the internet, and even now after having said your piece, you see it here on your very thread.

The truth is, there is no one Africa. There are millions and millions of Africas, and as inconsequential as Africa is in the grand scheme of things today, these millions of hateful Africas are unfortunately more interested in celebrating mediocrity, killing and brutalizing each other, and exposing each other's weaknesses/problems. They have no respect for neither each other, nor themselves.

I actually think Pan-Africanism is some kind of sick joke.

Don't worry, or fret too much about it tho. Things are much better in the diaspora. You can create your own reality, and choose to associate with fellow, like-minded young Africans who weren't born amidst all that hate. It's too much, and it's sad, but what can you do? We only have control over ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by axum: 11:40am On Jan 16, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

A warm hello to you, OP.

I must say I share your sentiment. However, you yourself have admitted the bitter truth.The hate I've seen Africans and different groups of Blacks express towards each other is unlike anything I've ever witnessed. We see it in our personal lives, we see it all over the internet, and even now after having said your piece, we see it here on your very thread.

The truth is, there is no one Africa. There are millions and millions of Africas, and as inconsequential as Africa is in the grand scheme of things today, these one million and one hateful Africas are more interested in killing and brutalizing each other, and exposing each other's weaknesses and problems. They have no respect for neither each other, nor themselves.

I actually think Pan-Africanism is some kind of sick joke. But don't worry about it. All you can do is choose to associate with like-minded people.

I am giving you back your Somali Patriot Card. smiley I am so sorry I miss underestimated you
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by axum: 11:41am On Jan 16, 2015
HopeAtHand:
Axum, Eritrea cannot go it alone on the continent.

Eritrea needs Africa more than Africa needs her. cheesy

I don't see the need for unnecessary arrogance.

Eritrea is actually the most isolated country in Africa, they want nothing to do with it. HAHAHAHA
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 16, 2015
axum:

I am giving you back your Somali Patriot Card. smiley I am so sorry I miss underestimated you

Kill yourself.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 16, 2015
axum:

Huddah Monroe has for a long time been a mysterious figure. An enigma even. Whenever we'd write about her, people were intrigued. Captivated even. but the question that always rang through was, "Who is Huddah?"

To answer that would require more time than i have. But also, to begin to answer that, one would need to look to her past. And she gave us a hint of all that when she was being interviewed by Ian Mugoya and Tamima on Str8 Up.

Ian Mugoya asked her for her government names. Huddah obliged. Huddah is called... It's not yet time to reveal her name yet.

But what we do know about Huddah is that she is half Somali and half Kikuyu. She is that exotic! Mhmm... On that note i wonder how many other exotic Kenyan lasses there are out there. But i digress. Being half Somali, Tamima sought to find out whether she is a Muslim to which she responded and said that she is not currently practicing any religion.

But now back to her name. Huddah Monroe's real name is Alhuddah Njoroge. There you have it. And like an onion, the mystery that s Huddah Monroe is beginning to be ....
the fact still remains that you admitted to a kikuyu chic, who is not hudda as being beautiful (in your own words: most beautiful!!!!!) betraying your own Somali women whom you are loyal to. now go back to your Somali related threads and leave pan-african s in this thread to talk about uniting as one people. and if you don't have anything else to do, let me give an assignment you would like; your Somali goons in parliament have applied to be included as observers in the EAC community, with the plan to eventually join the EAC in the future when Somali becomes a working nation in the future.

I don't like the plan of your government, you definitely don't like the plan, so why don't you do us a favor and use that negative energy if yours and make sure that never happens. I don't care if you rally all your Somali buddies in the diaspora just make it happen
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by axum: 12:17pm On Jan 16, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Kill yourself.

I have prepared myself for our next bondage session. cool Give me a few days, I am healing from the last one
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 16, 2015
axum:

[s]Eritrea is actually the most isolated country in Africa, they want nothing to do with it. HAHAHAHA[/s]

Eritrea is nowhere near being the most isolated country in Africa.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by gallivant: 1:18pm On Jan 16, 2015
barwaaqo:
We are never going to give you Sudan so if you think that throw the idea far from the window.

You lost half of the best land in Sudan already. It's called South Sudan. wink
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by axum: 1:19pm On Jan 16, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9YqRvevtV4
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 16, 2015
axum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9YqRvevtV4

And I'm aware of all that, believe me. But it still isn't the most isolated country in Africa.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by JustCare: 2:42pm On Jan 16, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

sorry... I never asked why you were sad too?
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 16, 2015
JustCare:

sorry... I never asked why you were sad too?

Oh, just nonsense and stuff. Things piling up, and a really really bad day at work. I feel like I've been in a permanent state of annoyance for the past few weeks. I could develop BRF if I'm not careful.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by JustCare: 6:02pm On Jan 16, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Oh, just nonsense and stuff. Things piling up, and a really really bad day at work. I feel like I've been in a permanent state of annoyance for the past few weeks. I could develop BRF if I'm not careful.
sorry... that's how demanding survival could be sometimes. You might need a week off?
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by anonymous6(f): 6:27pm On Jan 16, 2015
axum:
This is a shocking picture. Let me explain.

Miss Somalia, who won Miss Africa is on the left. She is sitting next to a Nigerian who won Miss Muslim world. Clearly Nigeria won not out of Beauty.

well Agbani Darego who became the first black woman to win Miss world is Nigerian and not Arab looking like the Miss Somalia but Black African and she won out of beauty from Miss world which is a more well known beauty pageant internationally then Miss Africa. So whats your point
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agbani_Darego

https://www.google.com/search?q=agbani+darego&hl=en&gbv=2&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=lkm5VLH4JMu2oQSEqYHgAw&ved=0CAUQ_AU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVrJxIJQ6Rs

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by gallivant: 6:57pm On Jan 16, 2015
axum:
This is a shocking picture. Let me explain.

Miss Somalia, who won Miss Africa is on the left. She is sitting next to a Nigerian who won Miss Muslim world. Clearly Nigeria won not out of Beauty.

She won miss Africa on which pageant? I checked and found nothing.Seems to me you blowing hot air again.undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 16, 2015
Leave it to Somalis to turn a positive thread into a hatefest smh

sxb axum dadkaan faraha ka qaad.

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by barwaaqo: 1:11am On Jan 17, 2015
gallivant:

You lost half of the best land in Sudan already. It's called South Sudan. wink

If you havent read then you wouldnt know I'm a pan africa Somali. If garang was alive the whole thing would be united today.

The north is on thin ice.

EnlightenedSoul:

I actually think Pan-Africanism is some kind of sick joke.

Please enlighten my soul
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 1:17am On Jan 17, 2015
barwaaqo:

Please enlighten my soul

I have no stake in this thread and the path it's on. You can re-read my post to the OP if you wish.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by barwaaqo: 1:26am On Jan 17, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

I have no stake in this thread and the path it's on. You can re-read my post to the OP if you wish.

I would appreciate a warm hello, we can take it from there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (63) (Reply)

Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. / Yorubas, Please Help Me Translate These Words. / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.