Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,210 members, 7,811,570 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? (166700 Views)

Africanism Today ( An Event Celebrating Africa & Natural Hair Meetup) / Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? / Why Is There So Much Hatred For Other Tribes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by barwaaqo: 4:38am On Jan 12, 2015
Supper:

You mean sex grooming and raping underage African-American teenage girls, right?

"The indictment details several instances in which young Somali or African American girls were taken from place to place and forced to engage in sex acts with multiple people. One girl was under 13 when she was first prostituted. Another girl was 18 when she was raped by multiple men in a hotel room, the indictment said."
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/08/apnewsbreak-somali-gangs-ran-sex-ring-states/

^^^^The largest human trafficking case in US history.

Funny thing is they just got busted a couple of months ago in the UK for doing the same thing. Apparently it's apart of their culture, according to them. *shrugs*

Somali sex gang groomed and raped underage British schoolgirls saying it was 'part of their culture'
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/somali-sex-gang-groomed-raped-4706033

Thats not what I mean these are mainly young law abiding Somali men who chase after African America girls obviously which is a favorite past time for them.

As for the article when cultures are faced with joblessness poverty these things will happen its not a representative of Somali culture at the least. The African America culture is not a perfect example themselves.

Instead of silly things we know can happen when poverty strikes we should continue to grow the understanding with each culture.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 4:55am On Jan 12, 2015
barwaaqo:

Thats not what I mean these are mainly young law abiding Somali men who chase after African America girls obviously which is a favorite past time for them.

If it's not a relationship based on abuse or exploitation, especially of underage girls, then our community is generally indifferent. We understand that women usually don't settle and go where they want to be. That's what the crux of male competition and survival of the fittest is all about- Best man gets the catch. As long as you guys don't trip out when reciprocity comes your way.

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by axum: 5:07am On Jan 12, 2015
Supper:

An extremely radical, hard-line, salifist interpretation of sharia law does not a Somali culture make. Wahabism is an ideology birthed in 18th century Saudi Arabia largely in response to Western imperialism in the muslim world at the time. Basically Al-shabaab is terrorizing the people of Somalia with a foreign ideology.

But, non-islamist groups in somalia like the pro-fed soliders & civilians are certainly not above engaging in behaviors similar to those cases in the west. Such as, right now with the cases of Somali interpreters that love-vendor out desperate women in Somalia for exploitation by not only corrupt AMISOM soldiers(Ethiopians, Kenyans, Ugandans), but also North African Arabs.

Somalia’s resources are at risk of exploitation from those Somalis willing to sell the rights in shady business contracts, and so too has this only been made possible with the help of Somalis. Pimping out the Somali women/girls who are desperate.
http://www.waryapost.com/awoowe-hamza-breaks-amisom-rape-report-somalia/

20 somali women sold as sex slaves in Lybia.
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2012/07/201272272748208176.html

Unfortunately because of intra-communal competition & greed among the somali people the females of Somalia have become the the Horn of Africa's modern version of Comfort women.

(In case you're unfamiliar with the comfort women)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comfort_women

Are you saying Somali culture is okay with Prostitution? lmao

Its when you make up your own facts that I must leave you in your desperate hole. You are only self projecting what Bantus are known for.

Their are Black prostitutes who not are being forced anywhere in the city I live in, despite them being born here and have been in this land for hundreds of years.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by barwaaqo: 5:08am On Jan 12, 2015
Supper:

If it's not a relationship based on abuse or exploitation, especially of underage girls, then our community is generally indifferent. We understand that women usually don't settle and go where they want to be. That's what the crux of male competition and survival of the fittest is all about- Best man gets the catch. As long as you guys don't trip out when reciprocity comes your way.

Generally us Somalis will date our own and no the relationship I speak about is between young people who actually date each other. These are not your p.imp masters as shown in the article.

Reciprocity thats a funny thing to mention! There are couples actually for both sides its just that more Somali men seem to date more of the girls here.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 5:17am On Jan 12, 2015
axum:

Are you saying Somali culture is okay with Prostitution? lmao

Its when you make up your own facts that I must leave you in your desperate hole. You are only self projecting what Bantus are known for.

Their are Black prostitutes who not are being forced anywhere in the city I live in, despite them being born here and have been in this land for hundreds of years.

Despite their relatively low population in America sights such as this somali woman in Los Angeles are not uncommon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPBHgWG-MtY

They've even found a niche market in Yemen, the most impoverished Arab nation(if you don't count Somalia as an Arab nation) for this somali driven sex-industry.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/02/10/us-yemen-somalis-prostitution-idUSTRE61950M20100210

Now, whether there women are forced into doing this or not, I can't comment on, though I wouldn't rule out the possibility of pressure from sexplotation.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 5:26am On Jan 12, 2015
barwaaqo:

Generally us Somalis will date our own

Such is the case with many cultures that display combinations of traits that include isolationism and conservatism- Have you seen what happens to women in pakistani, arab(especially khaleejis), kurdish and afghan communities when they date people outside of their cultures or that their families don't approve of?.........*shivers* Can you say "honor killing". Not saying there's anything wrong with endogamy- different strokes for different folks. I would just hope that since by our own admission, the men of your community dabble with dating outside the culture, that you don't go all Mujahideen on us if you catch one of your women folk with an AA.

barwaaqo:

and no the relationship I speak about is between young people who actually date each other. These are not your p.imp masters as shown in the article.

Well, that's good to hear. We have no problems in that case.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by barwaaqo: 5:38am On Jan 12, 2015
Supper:

Such is the case with many cultures that display combinations of traits that include isolationism and conservatism- Have you seen what happens when to women in pakistani, arab(especially khaleejis), kurdish and afghan communities when they date people outside of their cultures or that their families don't approve of?.........*shivers* Can you say "honor killing". Not saying there's anything wrong with endogamy- different strokes for different folks. I would just hope that since by our own admission, the men of your community dabble with date outside the culture, that you don't go all Mujahideen on us if you catch one of your women folk with an AA.

Supper you are some what correct in that many times fear can play a huge part in more Somali women not openly dating outside. I say openly because a Somali women is a smart one and she has her wits and ways surely.

Supper:

You mean sex grooming and raping underage African-American teenage girls, right?

Since you jumped to a conclusion, do mind if I do the same? grin

You come off as if Africa America culture is perfect please tell me why there are so many problems in your community?

What can you see for your community in may be 25 or 50 years later?
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by axum: 5:47am On Jan 12, 2015
Supper:

Despite their relatively low population in America sights such as this somali woman in Los Angeles are not uncommon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPBHgWG-MtY

They've even found a niche market in Yemen, the most impoverished Arab nation(if you don't count Somalia as an Arab nation) for this somali driven sex-industry.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/02/10/us-yemen-somalis-prostitution-idUSTRE61950M20100210

Now, whether there women are forced into doing this or not, I can't comment on, though I wouldn't rule out the possibility of pressure from sexplotation.

That lady is Ethiopian Muslim and not Somali, we had this debate over a year ago. She isn't Somali, you can even read the youtube comments of the people who know this lady.

Somalis in California live in San Diego and not L.A. their is a large Ethiopian population in L.A. and the people who live there now her.

I can show you thousands of videos of black prosttittues online, but its so common I dont need to. Meanwhile all you can find is fake Somali lady who is Ethiopian to talk about Somalis. That right there says a lot.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 6:12am On Jan 12, 2015
barwaaqo:
Supper you are some what correct in that many times fear can play a huge part in more Somali women not openly dating outside. I say openly because a Somali women is a smart one and she has her wits and ways surely.

lol Men often pride ourselves on our pragmatism and say women think with their emotions, which is true in most cases expect when it comes to dealing with the opposite sex. Women are the true hustlers/players of that game who know how to get what they want with us, and we men are the pawns on the chess boards who are, in a sense, forced to go right along with it.

barwaaqo:
Since you jumped to a conclusion, do mind if I do the same? grin

Given that the rules of the forum are abided by, you are entitled to express anything you want about anybody or any group/ethnicity/race you want no matter how offensive or uncomfortable it makes people feel. Hell, your fellow country-man axum has made a small-time name for himself out of doing just than on various forums including this one.

barwaaqo:
You come off as if Africa America culture is perfect please tell me why there are so many problems in your community?

Really, my intentions were never to come off with bias holier than thou rhetoric. If I wanted to do that I could've just juxtaposed all of the very best accomplishments and pockets of the apex of African-American society with the very worst of the worst of the Somali people, in order to paint a bias picture. But, I didn't, instead I was talking about a specific phenomenon that *some * somalis would like to deny exist, and didn't mention the positives or vices in the my people's community at all.

barwaaqo:
What can you see for your community in may be 25 or 50 years later?

Well, I like you believe that the condition and behaviors exhibited by segments within the AA community largely come down to socio-economic conditioning and dependency on accommodations that tether us to positions of weakness in a social sense ie lack of clout, organic ascension, and vertical integration of skills, knowledge, & money within the community. From these core issues come a communal sense of insecurity, frustration, and poor-emotional intelligence which leads to the various behaviors among certain AAs that you're probably referring.

I see in the future more AAs coming to recognize these issues and take the proper steps to reverse them, but we didn't get in this position over night and we damn sure wont get out of it over night.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by axum: 6:25am On Jan 12, 2015
Supper:

lol Men often pride ourselves on our pragmatism and say women think with their emotions, which is true in most cases expect when it comes to dealing with the opposite sex. Women are the true hustlers/players of that game who know how to get what they want with us, and we men are the pawns on the chess boards who are, in a sense, forced to go right along with it.

Given that the rules of the forum are abided by, you are entitled to express anything you want about anybody or any group/ethnicity/race you want no matter how offensive or uncomfortable it makes people feel. Hell, your fellow country-man axum has made a small-time name for himself out of doing just than on various forums including this one.

Really, my intentions were never to come off with bias holier than thou rhetoric. If I wanted to do that I could've just juxtaposed all of the very best accomplishments and pockets of the apex of African-American society with the very worst of the worst of the Somali people. But, I didn't, instead I was talking about a specific phenomenon that *some * somalis would like to deny exist, and didn't mention the positives or vices in the my people's community at all.

Well, I like you believe that the condition and behaviors exhibited by segments within the AA community largely come down to socio-economic conditioning and dependency on accommodations that tether us to positions of weakness in a social sense ie lack of clout, organic ascension, and vertical integration of skills, knowledge, & money. From these core issues come a communal sense of insecurity, frustration, and poor-emotional intelligence which leads to the various behaviors among certain AAs that you're probably referring.

I see in the future more AAs coming to recognize these issues and take the proper steps to reverse them, but we didn't get in this position over night and we damn sure wont get out of it over night.

Barwaaaqo isn't even Somali, she/he pretends but slips up every other post.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 6:31am On Jan 12, 2015
axum:

That lady is Ethiopian Muslim and not Somali, we had this debate over a year ago. She isn't Somali, you can even read the youtube comments of the people who know this lady.

Somalis in California live in San Diego and not L.A. their is a large Ethiopian population in L.A. and the people who live there now her.

I can show you thousands of videos of black prostittues online, but its so common I dont need to. Meanwhile all you can find is fake Somali lady who is Ethiopian to talk about Somalis. That right there says a lot.

This of course begs the question as to what a non-Somali Ethiopian prostitute would have to gain by deliberately misrepresenting herself as Somali as if it would make difference to two random white american dudes that probably couldn't make the discernment if it slapped them in the face, anyway. Or do the Johns in L.A. prefer Somali tarts as opposed to Ethiopian ones? lol

And since when is there a dichotomy being Ethiopian and Somali. One can be both at the same time, and many are. Ethiopia has a large population of people who identify as ethnically Somali and are bilingual in Af-Somali and as well as Amharic. Who's to say she can't be a Somali from Ethiopia living in LA around her fellow Ethiopians?
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by axum: 6:59am On Jan 12, 2015
Supper:

This of course begs the question as to what a non-Somali Ethiopian prostitute would have to gain by deliberately misrepresenting herself as Somali as if it would make difference to two random white american dudes that probably couldn't make the discernment if it slapped them in the face, anyway. Or do the Johns in L.A. prefer Somali tarts as opposed to Ethiopian ones? lol

And since when is there a dichotomy being Ethiopian and Somali. One can be both at the same time, and many are. Ethiopia has a large population of people who identify as ethnically Somali and are bilingual in Af-Somali and as well as Amharic. Who's to say she can't be a Somali from Ethiopia living in LA around her fellow Ethiopians?

She is Oromo, not ethnically Somali. Anyone can see that from the region. The youtube commentors have noted she is not Somali.

The fact you and others in the past year have showed this video which is clearly not Somali, only shows how rare such a thing is in the Somali community.

I can show you thousands of links of Bantus being disgusting and prosttitution, weather it be Nigerians, or American Blacks. I have even seen Blacks being paid to be abused by whites during sexxxxx acts by racist europeans: check out ghetto gagggers. grin
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by barwaaqo: 7:03am On Jan 12, 2015
Supper:

Really, my intentions were never to come off with bias holier than thou rhetoric. If I wanted to do that I could've just juxtaposed all of the very best accomplishments and pockets of the apex of African-American society with the very worst of the worst of the Somali people, in order to paint a bias picture. But, I didn't, instead I was talking about a specific phenomenon that *some * somalis would like to deny exist, and didn't mention the positives or vices in the my people's community at all.

Well, I like you believe that the condition and behaviors exhibited by segments within the AA community largely come down to socio-economic conditioning and dependency on accommodations that tether us to positions of weakness in a social sense ie lack of clout, organic ascension, and vertical integration of skills, knowledge, & money within the community. From these core issues come a communal sense of insecurity, frustration, and poor-emotional intelligence which leads to the various behaviors among certain AAs that you're probably referring.

Thats interesting as a rich people with so many accomplishments you have to ask why again is the community in shambles?

There is a report it reveals African Americans own 1 percent of total wealth in America but themselves are 14 percent? In 1860, 99% of all African America worked for whites, today, 98% of all Africa Americans work for whites.

There seems to be a big social illusion in that community and no institutions being built to reverse the changes needed. If you guys go to church more that will not help, if you go to the local black college you will end up at McDonalds, if you go to your local Al Sharpton you get another empty promise, if work for whites they will keep all the rights, if you march the street they shoot you and get away with it.

Accomplishments should better the community first what good are they for otherwise?

These issues have not come overnight so when is the moment How long
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by barwaaqo: 7:06am On Jan 12, 2015
axum:

Barwaaaqo isn't even Somali, she/he pretends but slips up every other post.

You have tested my Somali once and have been proved wrong again you should have your head examined. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 8:02am On Jan 12, 2015
axum:

She is Oromo, not ethnically Somali. Anyone can see that from the region. The youtube commentors have noted she is not Somali.

The fact you and others in the past year have showed this video which is clearly not Somali, only shows how rare such a thing is in the Somali community.

I can show you thousands of links of Bantus being disgusting and prosttitution, weather it be Nigerians, or American Blacks. I have even seen Blacks being paid to be abused by whites during sexxxxx acts by racist europeans: check out ghetto gagggers. grin

Actually I did look at the comments and apparently there are a lot of Ethiopians who object to those Somalis that are trying to pin her acts on them.

Ex.
Fasil Joshua - fucking dirty Muslim SOmali terrorist. She is Somali. your women are hookers all over the world.

I'm inclined to believe him, seeing as she did identify herself as being somali and you have yet to give a valid reason as to why a non-somali ethiopian would misrepresent their self as somali.

And while I appreciate your attempt at providing a cheeky retort in the form of bring up the porn website ghettogaggers, I must inform you that to be involved in the American porn industry as opposed to street level prostitution/sex slavery/human trafficking especially in third world countries it is simply not a sound comparison.

See the the porn industry in America is regulated at a federal level to make sure those participating are giving their full consent to be apart of it and not under illegal coercion by going through what's known at the miller test, and at the state level with stringent rules and protocols to assure that a healthy and safe environment is maintained, ie being subjected to periodic testing for STDs/STI, as well as those working in it being protected under the same Employee Protection laws that guarantee pay, workers compensation, benefits that every other worker in the US. While certainly not flattering, it is a relatively stable industry to work in. Cases of injury and/or contraction of disease is very low.

Now on the other hand black markets like human sex trafficking, street level prostitution, and sex slavery are without a doubt living nightmares for the people involved in them, and that can be compounded twice for those that are unfortunate enough find themselves in third world countries, with little resources for policing this kind of stuff, being subject to it. Women and underage girls treated as commodities are often sold off many times to different male prostitute brokers in their life time, often times by their own family members for money. Those that refuse to comply with the wishes of the their brokers no matter how disgusting or degrading are often subject to violent beatings, forced drugging, and rape. Coupled with the fact that their owners/brokers could careless about their health outside of it making them more money, and spending resources on the health of a sex slave isn't worth the investment, and there aren't any kind of heath regulations in this kind of black market. The disease rate of these women as a result tend to be very high. Which is one of the reasons that former soviet eastern europe has one of the highest hiv rates in the world. These women aren't paid and are forced to live under what ever squalor conditions their owners/brokers care to provide for them. Their movement is very restricted and monitored. They basically have no freedom.

If you want more information on the horrors of human sex trafficking/prostitution/slavery then please view this among other first hand documentaries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pluuKaLFKOk

In conclusion, I assure you that an African-American women involved in ghetto gaggers is in a much better position than a Somali woman or girl in the streets of Tripoli, nairobi, Yemen, or even her own home country of Somalia being sexploited by random men against her will and would much rather be on ghettogaggers herself.

This is reflected in the aids/hiv rate which has recently exploded in Somalia.
http://amisom-au.org/2014/12/hiv-infections-on-the-rise-in-somalia/

Which is in contrast for the rest of Africa that has seen a declining hiv rate.
http://www.news.va/en/news/hivaids-decrease-in-africa

Hiv rates have also fallen in recent years among AA women.
http://health.usnews.com/health-news/news/articles/2012/12/19/rate-of-new-hiv-infections-drops-for-first-time-among-black-women-cdc

Talking about this stuff actually is making me feel bad for the women of Somalia. I really do hope things improve for them in the future.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 8:24am On Jan 12, 2015
barwaaqo:

There is a report it reveals African Americans own 1 percent of total wealth in America but themselves are 14 percent? In 1860, 99% of all African America worked for whites, today, 98% of all Africa Americans work for whites.

Funny you bring that up, because according the the most recent Survey of Business Owners census, African-American owned businesses have seen a larger increase in America than any other group- Triple the National rate.
https://www.census.gov/newsroom/releases/archives/business_ownership/cb11-24.html

So, it's not perfect. But, there's noticeable improvement. Would you say the same for Somalis?
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by axum: 8:24am On Jan 12, 2015
Supper:

Actually I did look at the comments and apparently there are a lot of Ethiopians who object to those Somalis that are trying to pin her acts on them.

Ex.
Fasil Joshua - fucking dirty Muslim SOmali terrorist. She is Somali. your women are hookers all over the world.

I'm inclined to believe him, seeing as she did identify herself as being somali and you have yet to give a valid reason as to why a non-somali ethiopian would misrepresent their self as somali.

And while I appreciate your attempt at providing a cheeky retort in the form of bring up the porn website ghettogaggers, I must inform you that to be involved in the American porn industry as apposed street level prostitution/sex slavery/human trafficking especially in third world countries it is simply not a sound comparison.

See the the porn industry in America is regulated at a federal level to make sure those participating are giving their full consent to be apart of it and not under illegal coercion by going through what's known at the miller test, and at the state level with stringent rules and protocols to assure that a healthy and safe environment is maintained, ie being subjected to periodic testing for STDs/STI, as well as those working in it being protected under the same Employee Protection laws that guarantee pay, workers compensation, benefits that every other worker in the US. While certainly not flattering, it is a relatively stable industry to work in. Cases of injury and/or contraction of disease is very low.

Now on the other hand black markets like human sex trafficking, street level prostitution, and sex slavery are without a doubt living nightmares for the people involved in them, and that can be compounded twice for those that are unfortunate enough find themselves in third world countries, with little resources for policing this kind of stuff, being subject to it. Women and underage girls treated as commodities are often sold off many times to different male prostitute brokers in their life time, often times by their own family members for money. Those that refuse to comply with the wishes of the their brokers no matter how disgusting or degrading are often subject to violent beatings, forced drugging, and rape. Coupled with the fact that their owners/brokers could careless about their health outside of it making them more money, and spending resources on the health of a sex slave isn't worth the investment, and there aren't any kind of heath regulations in this kind of black market. The disease rate of these women as a result tend to be very high. Which is one of the reasons that former soviet eastern europe has one of the highest hiv rates in the world. These women aren't paid and are forced to live under what ever squalor conditions their owners/brokers care to provide for them. Their movement is very restricted and monitored. They basically have no freedom.

If you want more information on the horrors of human sex trafficking/prostitution/slavery then please view this among other first hand documentaries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pluuKaLFKOk

In conclusion, I assure you that an African-American women involved in ghetto gaggers is in a much better position than a Somali woman or girl in the streets of Tripoli, nairobi, Yemen, or even her own home country of Somalia being sexploited by random men against her will and would much rather be on ghettogaggers herself.

This is reflected in the aids/hiv rate which has recently exploded in Somalia.

Which is contrast for the rest of Africa that has seen a declining hiv rate.
http://www.news.va/en/news/hivaids-decrease-in-africa

Hiv rates have also fallen in recent years among AA women.
http://health.usnews.com/health-news/news/articles/2012/12/19/rate-of-new-hiv-infections-drops-for-first-time-among-black-women-cdc

Talking about this stuff actually is making me feel bad for the women of Somalia. I really do hope things improve for them in the future.

I didnt read that entire diatribe. Somalis have morals, while Bantus have no morals and standards. This point is proven by the fact you have to find anything to do with Somali women while, I dont have to find any Bantus committing prostitution and pornography simply because we all know this is their normal state.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 8:37am On Jan 12, 2015
axum:

I didnt read that entire diatribe. Somalis have morals, while Bantus have no morals and standards. This point is proven by the fact you have to find anything to do with Somali women while, I dont have to find any Bantus committing prostitution and pornography simply because we all know this is their normal state.

I understand how you feel, axum.

The rise in infections is being blamed on ignorance, cultural barriers and fear of stigmatization which hampers many people from finding out their HIV status.

In Somalia, HIV and Aids is still considered a taboo subject as is directly associated with promiscuity in a where country 99 percent of its population profess Islam. Health workers dealing with HIV & AIDS depend largely on those living with HIV to help them break these barriers.

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by axum: 8:48am On Jan 12, 2015
Supper:

I understand how you feel, axum.

Like I said.

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 9:06am On Jan 12, 2015
axum:

Like I said.

At the latest that map reflects a 2011 estimate in which 0.7 of the population in Somalia was hiv positive, which is an obsolete figure to say the least, seeing as in In 2013, 2,691 new cases were reported in south central Somalia alone, while 980 was reported in Somaliland and 278 in Puntland. Also, keep in mind that until recently, due to taboos, the vast majority of the population either don't have the opportunity to receive test or wont do to stigmas. And again, the rest of Africa overall has seen a dip in the number of new hiv infections unlike Somalia.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by axum: 9:13am On Jan 12, 2015
[url][/url]
Supper:

At the latest that map reflects a 2011 estimate in which 0.7 of the population in Somalia was hiv positive, which is an obsolete figure to say the least, seeing as in In 2013, 2,691 new cases were reported in south central Somalia alone, while 980 was reported in Somaliland and 278 in Puntland. Also, keep in mind that until recently, due to taboos, the vast majority of the population either don't have the opportunity to receive test or wont do to stigmas. And again, the rest of Africa overall has seen a dip in the number of new hiv infections unlike Somalia.

HIV rates in Somalia are never more than 1 percent ever. You fail the population of Somalia is over 10 million, a couple hundred cases is nothing. Somalis are monogomous and dont have sex outside of marriage.

Mean while Bantus have countries with more than 30 percent of people living with HIV.

Again my point is proven.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 9:30am On Jan 12, 2015
axum:
[url][/url]

HIV rates in Somalia are never more than 1 percent ever. You fail the population of Somalia is over 10 million, a couple hundred cases is nothing. Somalis are monogomous and dont have sex outside of marriage.

Mean while Bantus have countries with more than 30 percent of people living with HIV.

Again my point is proven.

Care to explain then why, even when using outdated statistics, that Djibouti has an adult HIV prevalence rate of %2.5, which is more than the vast majority of West African countries(as defined by the UN geoscheme regions map). Could it be because health care amenities are more available there than in Somalia proper, thus more people are able to get tested?
http://www.indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx?c=so&v=32

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by axum: 9:40am On Jan 12, 2015
Supper:

Care to explain then why, even when using outdated statistics, that Djibouti has an adult HIV prevalence rate of %2.5, which is more than the vast majority of West African countries(as defined by the UN geoscheme regions map). Could it be because health care amenities are more available there than in Somalia proper, thus more people are able to get tested?
http://www.indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx?c=so&v=32

This is the most recent stat by the CIA, which it collects from Governments/U.N. The top 33 Countries are Bantu/Negroid. This is by percentage not by number of people infected.

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 10:27am On Jan 12, 2015
axum:

This is the most recent stat by the CIA, which it collects from Governments/U.N. The top 33 Countries are Bantu/Negroid. This is by percentage not by number of people infected.

Again, it's a 2012 estimate. Since then in 2013 there have been 2,691 in south central Somalia, 980 in Somaliland and 278 in Puntland. Not a small figure by any means. That's 3949 all together. So, lets put these numbers into context using Ghana as an example.

Out of a population 26 million there were 7,812 new infections in Ghana in 2013.
http://www.ghanet.net/

Out of a population of 10 million there were 3949 new hiv infections in Somalia in 2013.

Lets do the math to come up with an hiv infection rate per 100,000 shall we.

7812/26,000,000 = .0003 x 100 = [size=16pt].03 percent of the population of Ghana was newly infected by hiv.[/size]

3949/10,000,000 = .0004 x 100 = [size=16pt].04 percent of the population of Somalia was newly infected by hiv.[/size]

Conclusion: As of 2013 Somalia has a higher hiv infection rate than Ghana.

I just took the time to comprehensively brake down the stats for you. Feel free to thank me later.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by axum: 10:33am On Jan 12, 2015
Supper:

Again, it's a 2012 estimate. Since then in 2013 there have been 2,691 in south central Somalia, 980 in Somaliland and 278 in Puntland. Not a small figure by any means. That's 3949 all together. So, lets put these numbers into context using Ghana as an example.

Out of a population 26 million there were 7,812 new infections in Ghana
http://www.ghanet.net/

Out of a population of 10 million there were 3949 new hiv infections in Somalia

Lets do the math to come up with an hiv infection rate per 100,000 shall we.

7812/26,000,000 = .0003 x 100 = .03 percent of the population of Ghana was newly infected by hiv.

3949/10,000,000 = .0004 x 100 = .04 percent of the population of Somalia was newly infected by hiv.

Conclusion: As of 2013 Somalia has a higher hiv infection rate than Ghana.

I just comprehensively broke down the stats for you. Thank me later.

All those new cases are on par with every year and the average percentage out of over 10million people still is the same, 4,000 cases a year is normal for a country with 10 million plus people with 0.5 percent infection rate.

Again the top 33 countries are All Negroids, these are collected by U.N. and Non profit organizations and Government organizations.

Somalia is much lower percentage wise on HIV, no HIV rate goes up that fast in one year, stop making up your own facts.

Ghana is Number 33 and Somalia is number 69 as of 2012, Your lying by saying in Just one year Somalia has higher rate than Ghana.

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 10:56am On Jan 12, 2015
axum:

All those new cases are on par with every year and the average percentage out of over 10million people still is the same, 4,000 cases a year is normal for a country with 10 million plus people with 0.5 percent infection rate.

Again the top 33 countries are All Negroids, these are collected by U.N. and Non profit organizations and Government organizations.

Somalia is much lower percentage wise on HIV, no HIV rate goes up that fast in one year, stop making up your own facts.

Ghana is Number 33 and Somalia is number 69 as of 2012, Your lying by saying in Just one year Somalia has higher rate than Ghana.

Uhhhh......Do you even know what that table you keep spamming with over and over with represents? Let me see if I can attempt to break it down in laymens terms to where even YOU can understand.

HIV/AIDS Adult Prevalence(your table)

1. The table represents only controls for rate in which adults, aged 15-49, in each country is living with hiv/aids, not the entire population. The figures I broke down did represent the entire population.

2. The table does not represent NEW hiv infections for the year, but those living with hiv which could've been contract at any point in their lives not just in that year. The figures I broke down only accounted for hiv infections that were contracted THAT YEAR.

3. Again, the table only represents data complied in 2012, while the figures I broke where those from 2013.

So we have here a table that represents a totally different age demographic, using a totally different time frame, complied in a total different year, yet in your mind that somehow contradicts the data I broke down in my previous comment? The two figures are completely unrelated. Please, tell me you're not that dense in the head.

Fact is that .03 percent of people in Ghana were newly infected by hiv in 2013, while .04 percent of people in Somalia were newly infected by hiv in 2013, giving Somalia a higher hiv infection rate than Ghana as of 2013. I used data straight from the UN registry. All of my sources can be verified, so please do attempt to show were I actually misrepresented any of the stats, instead of just spamming with that same table over and over which is completely unrelated to the figures I posted.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by axum: 11:17am On Jan 12, 2015
Supper:

Uhhhh......Do you even know what that table you keep spamming with over and over with represents? Let me see if I can attempt to break it down in laymens terms to where even YOU can understand.

HIV/AIDS Adult Prevalence(your table)

1. The table represents only controls for rate in which adults, aged 15-49, in each country is living with hiv/aids, not the entire population. The figures I broke down did represent the entire population.

2. The table does not represent NEW hiv infections for the year, but those living with hiv which could've been contract at any point in their lives not just in that year. The figures I broke down only accounted for hiv infections that were contracted THAT YEAR.

3. Again, the table only represents data complied in 2012, while the figures I broke where those from 2013.

So we have here a table that represents a totally different age demographic, using a totally different time frame, complied in a total different year, yet in your mind that somehow contradicts the data I broke down in my previous comment? The two figures are completely unrelated. Please, tell me you're not that dense in the head.

Fact is that .03 percent of people in Ghana were newly infected by hiv in 2013, while .04 percent of people in Somalia were newly infected by hiv in 2013, giving Somalia a higher hiv infection rate than Ghana as of 2013. I used data straight from the UN registry. All of my sources can be verified, so please do attempt to show were I actually misrepresented any of the stats, instead of just spamming with that same table over and over which is completely unrelated to the figures I posted.

I can't read that entire diatribe. But its already factually understood Somalia has one of the lowest HIV rates in the world. No country can go from being number 69 to 33 in one year as you stated. Should I trust goverement agencies of the USA and U.N. or a Bantu with no life?

Ebola, HIV, all the disease are caused by Bantus on this planet. If white people hadn't enslaved your kind, you would still be in some jungle eating Bushmeat or Monkeys like some of you still do. So keep doing what your people are good at, dying of HIV and putting wigs on your head.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 11:37am On Jan 12, 2015
axum:

I can't read that entire diatribe. But its already factually understood Somalia has one of the lowest HIV rates in the world. No country can go from being number 69 to 33 in one year as you stated. Should I trust goverement agencies of the USA and U.N. or a Bantu with no life?

Ebola, HIV, all the disease are caused by Bantus on this planet. If white people hadn't enslaved your kind, you would still be in some jungle eating Bushmeat or Monkeys like some of you still do. So keep doing what your people are good at, dying of HIV and putting wigs on your head.

I know you can't read it or anything else for that matter. That became apparent to me a couple of comments ago. You're clearly suffer from severe reading comprehension disorder and are probably borderline illiterate like most airhead Zoomalis, sadly. So, shame on me for thinking that you of all people could comprehend basic math let alone possibly discern statistics. I do apologize for putting your large, yet empty cranium through all of that mental torture.

Because along with having a skyrocketing hiv rate Somalia also has one of the highest rates for mental health disorders in the world, with 1 in 3 people there suffering for mental health issues.
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-24539989

So, you should probably just take a break for the internet for while or just go chill at zoomalinet where the intelligence, or should I say "impaired" curve is more your speed before you snap, go postal, and shoot up a mall or something. So, godspeed my gimp friend. I wish you all the best in your journey and do hope you learn to spell "government" along the way.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by axum: 11:52am On Jan 12, 2015
Supper:

I know you can't read it or anything else for that matter. That became apparent to me a couple of comments ago. You're clearly suffer from severe reading comprehension disorder and are probably borderline illiterate like most airhead Zoomalis, sadly. So, shame on me for thinking that you of all people could comprehend basic math let alone possibly discern statistics. I do apologize for putting your large, yet empty cranium through all of that mental torture.

Because along with having a skyrocketing hiv rate Somalia also has one of the highest rates for mental health disorders in the world, with 1 in 3 people there suffering for mental health issues.
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-24539989

So, you should probably just take a break for the internet for while or just go chill at zoomalinet where the intelligence, or should I say "impaired" curve is more your speed before you snap, go postal, and shoot up a mall or something. So, godspeed my gimp friend. I wish you all the best in your journey and do hope you learn to spell "government" along the way.

Again you seek acceptance with such long paragraphs, and your jumping around different topics. Mental health issues is a broad phrase, and anyone who went through a war would have post traumatic stress.

Again, Your Bantu people are bleaching their skin, wearing wigs, while the rest are dying of HIV, EBOLA. Some of you are still hunting in the jungle while others are naked and walking around. The past 500 years of your history is nothing more than slavery and before that you have nothing to write about historically of any achievement.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 12:11pm On Jan 12, 2015
axum:

Again you seek acceptance with such long paragraphs, and your jumping around different topics. Mental health issues is a broad phrase, and anyone who went through a war would have post traumatic stress.

Again, Your Bantu people are bleaching their skin, wearing wigs, while the rest are dying of HIV, EBOLA. Some of you are still hunting in the jungle while others are naked and walking around. The past 500 years of your history is nothing more than slavery and before that you have nothing to write about historically of any achievement.

Hey there, fat-head. I see you're still here and your spelling hasn't gotten any better. *shrugs*

Anyway, that's just rich coming from a people who's most notable moment in history is black hawk down and after that shooting up a mall in Nairobi. I mean honestly, other than that what have your people contributed to the world at any point in time other than serial dole blunging in western countries, sex grooming of underage girls, and selling your own somali females as comfort women at a bargained price across the globe? Let me go ahead and give you the answer to that as to not put your lame-brain under anymore stress: The answer is a big fat NOTHING/NADA/ZILCH. And me talking about your probable mental health disorder that you inherited just by being born a Zoomali is relevant to the discussion at hand, and a lot more so that the clear schizophrenic rants about slavery, ebola, and hiv(which your people contract more of pound for pound).

And maybe your insanity is rubbing off on me and I'm going crazy, but did I just see you mention skin bleaching? Lol Among African-Americans?

Projection much?

Somali woman researches health risks of skin-lightening practices
http://www.minnpost.com/community-sketchbook/2013/08/somali-woman-researches-health-risks-skin-lightening-practices

^^^From the horses mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by axum: 12:16pm On Jan 12, 2015
Supper:

Hey there, fat-head. I see you're still here and spelling hasn't gotten any better. *shrugs*

Anyway, that's just rich coming from a people who's most notable moment in history is black hawk down and after that shooting up a mall in Nairobi. I mean honestly, other than that what have your people contributed to the world at any point in time other than serial dole blunging in western countries, sex grooming of underage girls, and selling your own somali females as comfort women at a bargained price across the globe? Let me go ahead and give you the answer to that as to not put your lame-brain under anymore stress: The answer is a big fat NOTHING/NADA/ZILCH. And me talking about your probably mental health disorder that you inherited just by being born a Zoomali is relevant to the discussion at hand, and a lot more so that the clear schizophrenic rants about slavery, ebola, and hiv(which your people contract more of pound for pound).

And maybe your insanity is rubbing off on me and I'm going crazy, but did I just see you mention skin bleaching? Lol Among African-Americans?

Projection much?

Somali woman researches health risks of skin-lightening practices
http://www.minnpost.com/community-sketchbook/2013/08/somali-woman-researches-health-risks-skin-lightening-practices

^^^From the horses mouth.

That study was about Somali women who sell products from middle east such as skin lightening creams, which is very rare. This is contrast with Bantus who have been bleaching for hundreds of years and still wearings wigs in order to look like the Europeans who enslaved them.

At the end of the day you are a monkey, and your people have HIV. This is sad.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 12, 2015
Somali troll...you've been beaten. You've been so badly beaten.

You may want to shut up now, skulk off and save face.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (63) (Reply)

Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. / Yorubas, Please Help Me Translate These Words. / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 205
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.