Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) (29446 Views)

Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? / American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) / Over 800 People Trapped In Cruise Ship Chaos In Norway (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by ITbomb(m): 3:08pm On Aug 15, 2019
Of course, that should be expected when the Buses spend more time in holdup than moving

1 Like

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by kerry57: 3:08pm On Aug 15, 2019
What is 800 buses compared to a population of more than 18 million people in lagos? Lagos is over populated and should be decongested of human beings.
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by sunboy(m): 3:09pm On Aug 15, 2019
Rail system is still the solution to mass transport system.

1 Like

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by BrainSanitizer: 3:09pm On Aug 15, 2019
If pepper loses its peppery nature, why else would it be called pepper?
That's what makes Lagos to be Lagos in the first place. That crowd you are seeing there is some people's office. They are always stranded to get to the next bus stop and needs assistance of #100 to #200.
Take away the crowd, there's office is demolished.
#Thisislagos
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by lexy2014: 3:10pm On Aug 15, 2019
Eagleboney:
if the government have finished building the rail line it would have tremendously boosted the state IGR

Which rail line? Does Lagos not already have rail line?
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by NFarms: 3:10pm On Aug 15, 2019
The population in Lagos is just terrible
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by majamajic(m): 3:12pm On Aug 15, 2019
CrimeKsmart:
All these nyamiri are polluting Lagos abeg. They should go to their respective states since their governors are excellently performing.

They are the cause of the high population imagine if all the galla sellers leave Lagos.

non-lagosians always like defending Lagos for lagosians

2 Likes

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by lexy2014: 3:12pm On Aug 15, 2019
judecares1:
the railway system is the only solution to lagos problem due to continues increase of people on daily basis

Does Lagos not have railway?
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by isahsalee: 3:13pm On Aug 15, 2019
Children of lamentation continue to lament which is allow. But however, don't you think you have also failed in your responsibility for not proffering solution?.
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Lexusgs430: 3:13pm On Aug 15, 2019
100,000 buses would not be sufficient, if the traffic situation is not resolved.........

What use is a transport network, stuck in traffic sent by the devil.........
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 15, 2019
alignacademy:

Thanks for sharing your detailed analysis

Fool!! undecided
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by LongThickPenis(m): 3:14pm On Aug 15, 2019
This is definitely inadequate.
Lagos population 18,000,000
Bus capacity estimated 60
This approximates to 300,000 people per bus. Even if you discount by50% for those have their own cars it means 150,000 people per bus to move about.
At least 5000 buses are needed to make a dent
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by judecares1(m): 3:14pm On Aug 15, 2019
only from apapa to yaba,ebute-meta and ijora

lexy2014:

Does Lagos not have railway?
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Born2Breed(f): 3:14pm On Aug 15, 2019
And one idiot was insulting the Gokada guy for not partnering with the state government.

1 Like

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Offpoint: 3:15pm On Aug 15, 2019
Esejojo:

The point is that despite the addition of these 800 new buses to the hundreds of thousands of Danfos, BRT, keke Napep, etc, there is still a huge demand for mass transport vehicles.

It all point to the fact that other means of transportation needs to be urgently explored. For instance, more jetties needs to built, and people encouraged to use them. That in addition to the monorail will significantly reduce all these stranded people at bus stops.
The truth remains, even if 100k of BRTs are introduced into Lagos and 100k ferries, Lagos trans problem won't be solve. As you're typing right, there are over 20 people relocating to Lagos and many more still planning to.

1 Like

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Recruitmentedu: 3:16pm On Aug 15, 2019
The country i live in Europe is the same popular like lagos and the entire country has more than more than 2000
Chrisbeks:
What is 800 buses? Do you know the population of Lagos?

2 Likes

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by TheAngry1: 3:16pm On Aug 15, 2019
grayht:
Useless APC government!
Okearo is more organised than lagos undecided

Thank you, go back to your Abia and enjoy the 'useful' PDP government there.
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 15, 2019
800 buses..
please this is outrageous.
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by lexy2014: 3:20pm On Aug 15, 2019
judecares1:
only from apapa to yaba,ebute-meta and ijora

Is that not railway? And oshodi agege no join?
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Yakade(m): 3:20pm On Aug 15, 2019
grayht:
Useless APC government! Okearo is more organised than lagos undecided
oke ijebu is better

1 Like

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by mixta140: 3:21pm On Aug 15, 2019
Lagos overload
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by goshen26: 3:21pm On Aug 15, 2019
grayht:
Useless APC government!
Okearo is more organised than lagos undecided

Bush-man like you.

In oke-aro get 1/1000 of wat Lagos is sustaining and carrying in the nation Oke-aro would in d past nw
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Larrykaysail(m): 3:23pm On Aug 15, 2019
AutoJoshNIG:
Lagos State, the most populous state in Nigeria, is one of the fastest-growing cities in the world. It is also considered as one of the world’s 36 mega-cities.

Lagos has one of the largest, most extensive, and busiest road networks in West Africa. Sadly, Lagos has an insufficient suburban train and some ferry services.

Transportation within the state is principally by road. This often leaves the internal roads and expressways congested at peak hours, due in part to the geography of the city, as well as its explosive population growth.

Shortly before the advent of the Lagos BRT, Lagos was regarded as the only megacity (defined by the UN as a city with a population of over 10 million) without any organized public transport system.

A new monorail system that is supposed to span the length of the Badagry expressway to Lagos Island is currently under construction.

Despite the introduction of the BRT bus system and over 800 new intra-city buses by the Akinwunmi Ambode-led administration, there is still a significant deficit of public mass transit vehicles in Lagos.

The photos below show the daily challenges of getting available mass transit vehicles faced by residents of Lagos state.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/despite-the-introduction-of-over-800-buses-see-stranded-commuters-in-lagos-photos/

when they employ people with non concept ,
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by 4gunners(m): 3:28pm On Aug 15, 2019
Sirmuel1:
The population there is too much.
I was at Sango Otta recently, I had an appointment with someone in Surulere at 8am. A friend advised me to leave the house at 4am to beat the traffic, I thought I was in Abuja, so I ignored the advice. sad embarassed sad embarassed embarassed

I had to spend about 3-4hrs to travel within Lagos embarassed
Lol.. "You thought you were in Abuja". Lagos is damn different. If you're not OBO, to be candid, you can't enjoy the quality of living in a city in Lagos. Abuja is just different.
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by tixo: 3:30pm On Aug 15, 2019
I beg to differ,the issue here is management. Over population is a big plus on Lagos IGR if properly managed. National revenue generated from oil stands no ground to be compare to revenue from mass transit if the Lagos state government gets its management right. A center of excellence powered by attitude of mediocre. Most times when you find this type of crowd at bus stations, just find your way to the bus terminals and count the number of parked buses. LAMATA control room(if any), should be seeing this if they have cameras scattered all over, so it's obvious such doesn't exist,BUT WHY? The 800 buses are still parked, we only see a handful on the roads. Moreso, the needed incentives to encourage profitable investment in other transport sectors are not there. The politics of mediocrity has taken over the structure of governance, but we will get there because it wasn't always like this.
Americanboy35:

Over population is killing Lagos seriously
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by CanadaOrBust: 3:31pm On Aug 15, 2019
9jvirgin:
I just got back from an European tour, I visited Denmark, Sweden, Poland, Germany and London. These countries too are heavily populated but you need to see how thousands of trains, subways and buses helps people to connect so FAST and EASY. Dedicated rail tracks and roads for buses was clearly noticeable.

Almost all the population in Denmark had bicycles, at 4pm I saw people with Suit and Ties riding their bikes home.

I took a train from Copenhagen, Denmark to Malmo, Sweden and the whole trip lasted for 2 hours and 45 mins. The problem is not the population, the problem is black man-kind.

We may never get it right!

I think what we all really want to know is, did u finally get laid or u still virgin?
By seriously, the problem is lack of planning enabled by corruption, not black man anything
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by mastermaestro(m): 3:31pm On Aug 15, 2019
9jvirgin:
I just got back from an European tour, I visited Denmark, Sweden, Poland, Germany and London. These countries too are heavily populated but you need to see how thousands of trains, subways and buses helps people to connect so FAST and EASY. Dedicated rail tracks and roads for buses was clearly noticeable.

Almost all the population in Denmark had bicycles, at 4pm I saw people with Suit and Ties riding their bikes home.

I took a train from Copenhagen, Denmark to Malmo, Sweden and the whole trip lasted for 2 hours and 45 mins. The problem is not the population, the problem is black man-kind.

We may never get it right!

cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence / Emdee Tiamiyu, Nigerians Use Study To Gain UK Entry (Video) / Nigeria Will No Longer Tolerate Harassment Of Its Citizens In Ghana - FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.