Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) (29443 Views)

Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? / American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) / Over 800 People Trapped In Cruise Ship Chaos In Norway (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by okuwehcris: 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2019
Providing 800 buses is not the solution, but rather looking for a better way on how to manage the traffic by ensuring parks on the major roads do not obstruct the free flow of traffic. This will enable the buses to return faster and pick passengers at various parks.
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by dexmond: 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2019
I think the LASG should allow other investors to buy vehicles and put into the system.
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Edusouls(m): 3:37pm On Aug 15, 2019
Chai this state is just a living hell, make them use army decongest people by force back to their states, most of people you see there have no work no skill just to dey populate Lagos dem Sabi..
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by penguinpikin: 3:40pm On Aug 15, 2019
800 Buses na wash... Lagos is suffering people going to Badagry and the rest... Atleast share the buses to all nook and cranny of the state. wetin people from agbara to badagry do lagos state government.

from victoria we need buses that can take workers to their destination.. People are depressed due to excessive danfo... we wan pay for the buses
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by bayulll011(m): 3:47pm On Aug 15, 2019
Origin:
i dont believe 800 buses are in use as some of the existing buses are not been maintained.

besides its not what you have but how you use it: there are so many 'direct buses' which often have carrying capacity but would not stop to pick passengers along their routes.

Lagos as a whole is a failed state and we are not suppose to where we are today.

Lagos generate so much revenue and you can't boast of any tangible project except glorified and self service constructions that cannot last.
what lagosian need is good road,good health sector and ultra modern mode of transportation believe me if all these is achieve then the state will double its revenue.

it's a shame that the last governor took us 10 steps backwards,this one is only interested in taking pictures and making noise,i hope we ve not entered another one chance.
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by crackhouse(m): 3:52pm On Aug 15, 2019
U are bringing 800 buses for 25m people to use.
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Tylerbreeze(m): 3:56pm On Aug 15, 2019
Glink2018:
Lagos has been infuriated by gambari and nyamiri people ....

Oya, come and go.

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by OgogoroFreak(m): 3:56pm On Aug 15, 2019
Buhari!!!

See matured people waiting to jump into a public transport instead of driving their own car. This life...
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Tylerbreeze(m): 3:58pm On Aug 15, 2019
Lagos has been infuriated by gambari and nyamiri people ....

Oya, come and go.
[/quote]. Mumu

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Horlufemi(m): 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2019
Let's say reach bus is convey 50 people.

800x50 is 40000 people. I thought they said there are millions of commuters in Lagos. That's why I've never saluted Ambode.
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Danwakae(m): 4:01pm On Aug 15, 2019
Chrisbeks:
What is 800 buses? Do you know the population of Lagos?

Wetin bring Lagos population to this ??, Na all Lagos residence dey enter brt ?...Is the buses not restricted to one route (Ikorodu - TBS) ??, it doesn't go to other route....as such, 800 buses would have solve this issue , as it is, there is nothing like 800 buses....or are you a politician
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Femeto: 4:03pm On Aug 15, 2019
The buses no reach he still gave 36 to civil servants.
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by African101(m): 4:11pm On Aug 15, 2019
Is it only gala sellers that are in Lagos, what about wheel Barrow pushers and all other road side hustlers? I am very sure you are not Yoruba but illiterates like you would start to engage you thinking you are one. You need to stop all this tribalism bro.

CrimeKsmart:
All these nyamiri are polluting Lagos abeg. They should go to their respective states since their governors are excellently performing.

They are the cause of the high population imagine if all the galla sellers leave Lagos.
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by kernel001: 4:13pm On Aug 15, 2019
CrimeKsmart:
All these nyamiri are polluting Lagos abeg. They should go to their respective states since their governors are excellently performing.

They are the cause of the high population imagine if all the galla sellers leave Lagos.

The world has no example of out of school children like Nut. Land of hunger that births bandits, terrorists and highest looters like Abacha. The global poverty headquarters.

1 Like

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by CrimeKsmart: 4:25pm On Aug 15, 2019
kernel001:

The world has no example of out of school children like Nut. Land of hunger that births bandits, terrorists and highest looters like Abacha. The global poverty headquarters.

Yet we control the natural resources of the country through politics. Wise up.

Baby factory
Prostitution
Cultism
Kidnapping
Poisoning
Drug pushers.
International criminals

1 Like

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Xisnin(m): 4:26pm On Aug 15, 2019
9jvirgin:
I just got back from an European tour, I visited Denmark, Sweden, Poland, Germany and London. These countries too are heavily populated but you need to see how thousands of trains, subways and buses helps people to connect so FAST and EASY. Dedicated rail tracks and roads for buses was clearly noticeable.

Almost all the population in Denmark had bicycles, at 4pm I saw people with Suit and Ties riding their bikes home.

I took a train from Copenhagen, Denmark to Malmo, Sweden and the whole trip lasted for 2 hours and 45 mins. The problem is not the population, the problem is black man-kind.

We may never get it right!
Not surprised at the bold.
Most village boys come back to start dissing and insulting their country.
Even those who get foreign citizenship also wail to feel important.
SMH.

1 Like

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Xisnin(m): 4:28pm On Aug 15, 2019
Recruitmentedu:
The country i live in Europe is the same popular like lagos and the entire country has more than more than 2000
Same size and population as Lagos and has no transport issues?
What's the country's name?

1 Like

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by expert1(m): 4:31pm On Aug 15, 2019
Total BRT buses in Primero custody is over 600 while the total in operation is less that 220
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Xisnin(m): 4:31pm On Aug 15, 2019
bayulll011:

Lagos as a whole is a failed state and we are not suppose to where we are today.

Lagos generate so much revenue and you can't boast of any tangible project except glorified and self service constructions that cannot last.
what lagosian need is good road,good health sector and ultra modern mode of transportation believe me if all these is achieve then the state will double its revenue.

it's a shame that the last governor took us 10 steps backwards,this one is only interested in taking pictures and making noise,i hope we ve not entered another one chance.
Empty barrel, how does your comment relate to the topic?
You just ranted for nothing.
SMH
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by CrimeKsmart: 4:32pm On Aug 15, 2019
African101:
Is it only gala sellers that are in Lagos, what about wheel Barrow pushers and all other road side hustlers? I am very sure you are not Yoruba but illiterates like you would start to engage you thinking you are one. You need to stop all this tribalism bro.

Nyamiri are more tribalistic than any other tribe in Nigeria. Go to Facebook and see how they insults other tribes they fail to agree with them.

Gala seller

1 Like

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Bluntemperor: 4:37pm On Aug 15, 2019
Auto-Josh,you deserve an honour for your investigative photo journalism.Do you know why subsequent Lagos State Governments could not follow through the Light-Rail or Metroline pursued by Jakande. then?.Political emasculation? Have you seen any,any Legislature in the State caring or talking about the wasted man hours between Island and Lagos Mainland-down to Lekki and Ajah, even to Epe? Why was Light Rail not placed from Mile 12-to- Ikorodu-to-Odongiyan?.Why?.Why was up till now no Light Rail Between Marina and Lekki? Three Hours in traffic in Lagos is akin to your traveling From Lagos to Ibadan and back to Lagos again.Yet somebody is talking about Dagote Refinery,are those products going to fly through the AIR?. Won't there be expansion of V/I Roads and Lekki -Epe Roads to accommodate the heavy Movement coming to that Corridors?These are common sense issues. Lagosians should wake up,we demands more serious business-oriented than the peanuts results we are getting every 4-years.We are too wicked to ourselves in this Country..God bless Lagos and Nigeria.
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by ademeedee: 4:37pm On Aug 15, 2019
Exactly, this is so on point. I really get pissed off when people say Lagos is over populated. Having lived abroad myself most major cities are this populated. London for example, but there are options for people to choose from. Even sub-cities which are not that big have trams which go to particular routes. For me, in my own opinion instead of wasting money building skyscrapers and selling it for millions of naira which most Nigerians cannot afford why not spend it on transportation and allow people leave in Ibadan, Ota, Ikorodu and come to work every day conveniently. I guess none of the government officials has that much sense, its such a shame.

9jvirgin:
I just got back from an European tour, I visited Denmark, Sweden, Poland, Germany and London. These countries too are heavily populated but you need to see how thousands of trains, subways and buses helps people to connect so FAST and EASY. Dedicated rail tracks and roads for buses was clearly noticeable.

Almost all the population in Denmark had bicycles, at 4pm I saw people with Suit and Ties riding their bikes home.

I took a train from Copenhagen, Denmark to Malmo, Sweden and the whole trip lasted for 2 hours and 45 mins. The problem is not the population, the problem is black man-kind.

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by kernel001: 4:43pm On Aug 15, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

Yet we control the natural resources of the country through politics. Wise up.

Baby factory
Prostitution
Cultism
Kidnapping
Poisoning
Drug pushers.
International criminals

What are you controlling with North poverty capital of the world. 3rd & 4th most deadliest terrorist groups are in same land.

Prostitution is legal in many clans, the documentary on abuse of Drugs was done in Northern Nigeria by BBC, because of the high prevelent rate. North smoke gum, animal dung, pit (laughing).

With your population of illiterates, all they know is bombing, with hunger causing kids to be begging for food on the streets of North.

With your global population, you've never added on global scholar to Nigeria, imagine a President asking for the President of Western Germany, illiteracy at its peak.

Baby factory is business, selling their own infant. Surrogate mothers do it. It's legal in some clans.

Cultism... For East? It's not prevelent.
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by bayulll011(m): 4:45pm On Aug 15, 2019
Xisnin:

Empty barrel, how does your comment relate to the topic?
You just ranted for nothing.
SMH

ok
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by hush15: 4:50pm On Aug 15, 2019
AutoJoshNIG:
Lagos State, the most populous state in Nigeria, is one of the fastest-growing cities in the world. It is also considered as one of the world’s 36 mega-cities.

Lagos has one of the largest, most extensive, and busiest road networks in West Africa. Sadly, Lagos has an insufficient suburban train and some ferry services.

Transportation within the state is principally by road. This often leaves the internal roads and expressways congested at peak hours, due in part to the geography of the city, as well as its explosive population growth.

Shortly before the advent of the Lagos BRT, Lagos was regarded as the only megacity (defined by the UN as a city with a population of over 10 million) without any organized public transport system.

A new monorail system that is supposed to span the length of the Badagry expressway to Lagos Island is currently under construction.

Despite the introduction of the BRT bus system and over 800 new intra-city buses by the Akinwunmi Ambode-led administration, there is still a significant deficit of public mass transit vehicles in Lagos.

The photos below show the daily challenges of getting available mass transit vehicles faced by residents of Lagos state.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/despite-the-introduction-of-over-800-buses-see-stranded-commuters-in-lagos-photos/

this will happen for main reasons...
one is not all the buses are deployed yet.

secondly, was it not you autojosh that reported that the new buses are different from the BRT system and cannot use the brt lanes. that tells you its a different body from lamata thats in charge of the new buses and obviously do not even own the new terminal at oshodi. so with that, the new dont have the full infastructure on ground yet and may not be able to deploy.....
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by CrimeKsmart: 4:59pm On Aug 15, 2019
kernel001:

What are you controlling with North poverty capital of the world. 3rd & 4th most deadliest terrorist groups are in same land.

Prostitution is legal in many clans, the documentary on abuse of Drugs was done in Northern Nigeria by BBC, because of the high prevelent rate. North smoke gum, animal dung, pit (laughing).

With your population of illiterates, all they know is bombing, with hunger causing kids to be begging for food on the streets of North.

With your global population, you've never added on global scholar to Nigeria, imagine a President asking for the President of Western Germany, illiteracy at its peak.

Baby factory is business, selling their own infant. Surrogate mothers do it. It's legal in some clans.

Cultism... For East? It's not prevelent.

You are worst than an illiterate. See how you are trying to justify your indulgence in criminal activities. Your post is regarded as beaitiful-nonsense.

Prostitute is legal in many clans like Igbo tribe right cos I know you cant be referring to Nigeria.

In fact with the nonsense you typed up there, you dnt deserve my response.
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Deepfreezer(m): 5:10pm On Aug 15, 2019
Lagos population is that of Ghana as whole. The greed and short sightedness in the lords of lagos will not allow them to decongest Lagos by moving markets, companies and other establishments outside of lagos. This is what Anambra state government saw way back and moved alot of market and companies out of Onitsha thereby reducing the population and also developing some rural area across the state.
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by kernel001: 5:17pm On Aug 15, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

You are worst than an illiterate. See how you are trying to justify your indulgence in criminal activities. Your post is regarded as beaitiful-nonsense.

Prostitute is legal in many clans like Igbo tribe right cos I know you cant be referring to Nigeria.

In fact with the nonsense you typed up there, you dnt deserve my response.

Hahahaha... Aboki is calling somebody illiterate, he doesn't even know the definition of illiteracy, literally he thinks one most a graduate to be called literate.

It is the ability to read and write. I don't blame you, you wouldn't have attended a university if we're in the East, because of University Cut-off. You're a product of quota system.

Aboki doesn't know that Prostitution isn't a criminal offense, even in Nigeria. You're a product of the North.
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by fireback: 5:19pm On Aug 15, 2019
Imagine if ambode had succeeded in banning danfo, it would have been worst. Lagosians would suffered so much, too much waiting and treking.
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by LazyGold(m): 5:29pm On Aug 15, 2019
9jvirgin:

Tell me a city in Europe that have the population and size of Lagos?

You guys still don't get it

Lagos is the smallest state in Nigeria and it is also the most populous state in Nigeria but somehow you still expect everything to work smoothly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

General Information About South Cyprus Study Visa / Port Harcourt Traffic Light Is For Decoration, Motorist Cries Out: Video / Emdee Tiamiyu, Nigerians Use Study To Gain UK Entry (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.