Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) (29449 Views)

Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? / American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) / Over 800 People Trapped In Cruise Ship Chaos In Norway (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:50pm On Aug 15, 2019
More buses
Less cars
Less traffic
Lexusgs430:
100,000 buses would not be sufficient, if the traffic situation is not resolved.........

What use is a transport network, stuck in traffic sent by the devil.........

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by kiddapunk: 11:51pm On Aug 15, 2019
AutoJoshNIG:
Lagos State, the most populous state in Nigeria, is one of the fastest-growing cities in the world. It is also considered as one of the world’s 36 mega-cities.

Lagos has one of the largest, most extensive, and busiest road networks in West Africa. Sadly, Lagos has an insufficient suburban train and some ferry services.

Transportation within the state is principally by road. This often leaves the internal roads and expressways congested at peak hours, due in part to the geography of the city, as well as its explosive population growth.

Shortly before the advent of the Lagos BRT, Lagos was regarded as the only megacity (defined by the UN as a city with a population of over 10 million) without any organized public transport system.

A new monorail system that is supposed to span the length of the Badagry expressway to Lagos Island is currently under construction.

Despite the introduction of the BRT bus system and over 800 new intra-city buses by the Akinwunmi Ambode-led administration, there is still a significant deficit of public mass transit vehicles in Lagos.

The photos below show the daily challenges of getting available mass transit vehicles faced by residents of Lagos state.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/despite-the-introduction-of-over-800-buses-see-stranded-commuters-in-lagos-photos/

Truth be told , I'm so Proud of You Auto josh. I appreciate you a lot
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:55pm On Aug 15, 2019
dexmond:
I think the LASG should allow other investors to buy vehicles and put into the system.
dem no hold anybody o.
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:56pm On Aug 15, 2019
Edusouls:
Chai this state is just a living hell, make them use army decongest people by force back to their states, most of people you see there have no work no skill just to dey populate Lagos dem Sabi..
you know if you go de asking the decongestants? Tyranny is always sweet to talk to it fall in you
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:01am On Aug 16, 2019
Abeg bros
Howe do you move market company and business out without constitutional crisis
Deepfreezer:
Lagos population is that of Ghana as whole. The greed and short sightedness in the lords of lagos will not allow them to decongest Lagos by moving markets, companies and other establishments outside of lagos. This is what Anambra state government saw way back and moved alot of market and companies out of Onitsha thereby reducing the population and also developing some rural area across the state.
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by kerry57: 12:38am On Aug 16, 2019
MIKOLOWISKA:
You can volunteer to leave na

I have left long time ago. Just for ur info WISKA
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:14am On Aug 16, 2019
Good for you
Too bad you don't have the power to deport
Nobody does?
kerry57:

I have left long time ago. Just for ur info WISKA
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by santafe(m): 3:11am On Aug 16, 2019
9jvirgin:
I just got back from an European tour, I visited Denmark, Sweden, Poland, Germany and London. These countries too are heavily populated but you need to see how thousands of trains, subways and buses helps people to connect so FAST and EASY. Dedicated rail tracks and roads for buses was clearly noticeable.

Almost all the population in Denmark had bicycles, at 4pm I saw people with Suit and Ties riding their bikes home.

I took a train from Copenhagen, Denmark to Malmo, Sweden and the whole trip lasted for 2 hours and 45 mins. The problem is not the population, the problem is black man-kind.

We may never get it right!

It's so unfortunate. I also have the feeling that we may never get it right.
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by cuteboy2: 3:11am On Aug 16, 2019
The solution is intracity train, metroline light rail network or tram that traverses all major roads and arteries. You cannot rely on bus system alone as mass transit in a huge congested mega city like Lagos.

Lagosians have Buhari to thank for cancellation of the metroline project which was fully paid for by previous civilian govt of Alhaji Lateef Jakande

This decision to cancel was taken at Supreme Military Council chaired by Maj Gen Buhari. Air Commodore Gbolahan Mudashiru, the military Gov of Lagos was simply instructed to announce it

AutoJoshNIG:
Lagos State, the most populous state in Nigeria, is one of the fastest-growing cities in the world. It is also considered as one of the world’s 36 mega-cities.

Lagos has one of the largest, most extensive, and busiest road networks in West Africa. Sadly, Lagos has an insufficient suburban train and some ferry services.

Transportation within the state is principally by road. This often leaves the internal roads and expressways congested at peak hours, due in part to the geography of the city, as well as its explosive population growth.

Shortly before the advent of the Lagos BRT, Lagos was regarded as the only megacity (defined by the UN as a city with a population of over 10 million) without any organized public transport system.

A new monorail system that is supposed to span the length of the Badagry expressway to Lagos Island is currently under construction.

1 Like

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Lexusgs430: 7:14am On Aug 16, 2019
MIKOLOWISKA:
More buses
Less cars
Less traffic

Not everyone would use the buses. So dealing with the traffic, is the lowest hanging fruits...........

1 Like

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Eagleboney(m): 12:57pm On Aug 16, 2019
lexy2014:

Jeez dude. U made a very bold and ignorant statement. D funny thing is that u were even saying it with so much confidence like u came to Lagos& u didn't c any completed & functional rail lines. Then its very possible that d mention of various train stations and terminuses in Lagos will b alien to u. FYI, trains operate on every working day in Lagos. They have been doing it 4 decades. So I don't no d news u read that Lagos has no "completed and functional" rail lines
I am talking of the one that has took up to 22 years and is still not completed, Lagos light rail.
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Eagleboney(m): 1:02pm On Aug 16, 2019
lexy2014:

Jeez dude. U made a very bold and ignorant statement. D funny thing is that u were even saying it with so much confidence like u came to Lagos& u didn't c any completed & functional rail lines. Then its very possible that d mention of various train stations and terminuses in Lagos will b alien to u. FYI, trains operate on every working day in Lagos. They have been doing it 4 decades. So I don't no d news u read that Lagos has no "completed and functional" rail lines
I am talking of the one that has took up to 22 years and is still not completed which is Lagos light rail only 2 has been completed out of The proposed 7 line, that is the only rail line that will impact greatly in Lagos those ones you are talking about ,if there is any ooo is of little or no importance
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by MIKOLOWISKA: 2:21pm On Aug 16, 2019
How do tough deal with traffic

Will you ban cars
Or stop pal from buying cars
Lexusgs430:

Not everyone would use the buses. So dealing with the traffic, is the lowest hanging fruits...........
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Lexusgs430: 2:42pm On Aug 16, 2019
MIKOLOWISKA:
How do tough deal with traffic

Will you ban cars
Or stop pal from buying cars

Very good question........

I would start by enforcing 100% MOT clampdown.... All MOT certificates, would only be issued by Government approved technician points...

Would follow worldwide approved standards, in issuing certificates.......

If your vehicle fails an MOT test, it must not be driven.......

And if you are caught driving it, N80K fine ..... Vehicle would be impounded and only released once fine is paid...

Failure to pay fine within 60 days, vehicle would be sent to the crusher..........

NB : I would provide loads of vehicle pound centres + tow vehicles etc etc
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by lexy2014: 4:58pm On Aug 16, 2019
Eagleboney:
I am talking of the one that has took up to 22 years and is still not completed which is Lagos light rail only 2 has been completed out of The proposed 7 line, that is the only rail line that will impact greatly in Lagos those ones you are talking about ,if there is any ooo is of little or no importance

It seems u don't even no what u are saying. Am very certain that u have never been to Lagos, but u trying to prove that u no what is happening in Lagos. Unfortunately, u doing a very bad job& exposing ur ignorance.

Which light rail are u talking about, oga? There's no light rail in Lagos how much more d one that has been completed.

D 2 light rails that u say have been completed in Lagos, what is d name of terminuses? From where to where do they run?
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by lexy2014: 5:03pm On Aug 16, 2019
Eagleboney:
I am talking of the one that has took up to 22 years and is still not completed, Lagos light rail.

U cannot b talking of Lagos light rail when ur exact words were this: "there are no completed and functional rail lines in Lagos".

U are shifting d goal post in d middle of d game or when u were saying "rail lines", didn't u no d meaning?
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Eagleboney(m): 11:00pm On Aug 16, 2019
lexy2014:

U cannot b talking of Lagos light rail when ur exact words were this: "there are no completed and functional rail lines in Lagos".

U are shifting d goal post in d middle of d game or when u were saying "rail lines", didn't u no d meaning?
okay ,but those ones are of little importance to the country. I made a mistake,I meant the Lagos light rail for the first time
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Eagleboney(m): 11:07pm On Aug 16, 2019
lexy2014:

It seems u don't even no what u are saying. Am very certain that u have never been to Lagos, but u trying to prove that u no what is happening in Lagos. Unfortunately, u doing a very bad job& exposing ur ignorance.

Which light rail are u talking about, oga? There's no light rail in Lagos how much more d one that has been completed.

D 2 light rails that u say have been completed in Lagos, what is d name of terminuses? From where to where do they run?

I have not been to Lagos and I am not rushing to come there, but haven't you heard of orange, blue,green and so so so of the Lagos rail
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:52am On Aug 17, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Very good question........

I would start by enforcing 100% MOT clampdown.... All MOT certificates, would only be issued by Government approved technician points...

Would follow worldwide approved standards, in issuing certificates.......

If your vehicle fails an MOT test, it must not be driven.......

And if you are caught driving it, N80K fine ..... Vehicle would be impounded and only released once fine is paid...

Failure to pay fine within 60 days, vehicle would be sent to the crusher..........

NB : I would provide loads of vehicle pound centres + tow vehicles etc etc
you may not complete first term
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Lexusgs430: 7:07am On Aug 17, 2019
MIKOLOWISKA:
you may not complete first term

You asked a question, and i gave you the best solution...... Without using a sledgehammer, to crack a nut approach, nothing would work properly.....

We have to be honest with ourselves............. Are Lagosians enjoying their traffic punishment? NO....
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by lexy2014: 7:43am On Aug 17, 2019
Eagleboney:
okay ,but those ones are of little importance to the country. I made a mistake,I meant the Lagos light rail for the first time

Which one's are of little importance 2d country?
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by lexy2014: 7:50am On Aug 17, 2019
Eagleboney:
I have not been to Lagos and I am not rushing to come there, but haven't you heard of orange, blue,green and so so so of the Lagos rail

I didn't ask u 2 come to Lagos. Am saying that u have never been to Lagos & u are talking as if u no what's happening in Lagos. By so doing, u are exposing ur ignorance more& more. U are in Onitsha & u have never been to Lagos & u are asking me if I have heard of "orange, blue,green and so so so of the Lagos rail"? U really dont have any idea about what u saying. D "orange, blue,green and so so so of the Lagos rail", where are they in Lagos? Which terminuses are they at?
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by GMbuharii: 7:53am On Aug 17, 2019
grin
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Eagleboney(m): 5:00pm On Aug 17, 2019
lexy2014:

I didn't ask u 2 come to Lagos. Am saying that u have never been to Lagos & u are talking as if u no what's happening in Lagos. By so doing, u are exposing ur ignorance more& more. U are in Onitsha & u have never been to Lagos & u are asking me if I have heard of "orange, blue,green and so so so of the Lagos rail"? U really dont have any idea about what u saying. D "orange, blue,green and so so so of the Lagos rail", where are they in Lagos? Which terminuses are they at?
you see ,you are in Lagos but don't know what is going on there,They are all proposed one is at marina axis check it out guy
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Eagleboney(m): 5:04pm On Aug 17, 2019
lexy2014:

stop making unnecessary argument,They are all proposed one is at marina axis check it out dear

1 Like

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by lexy2014: 5:18pm On Aug 17, 2019
Eagleboney:
stop making unnecessary argument,They are all proposed one is at marina axis check it out dear

What are u even saying? U just read marina somewhere & u are forming knowledge. Marina that u have never seen in ur life. Which rail terminus is at Marina, Lagos? What do u mean by "marina axis"? Do u no what Marina looks like that u are saying "Marina axis"? U arent even sure of what u saying. From marina to where? Check ur newspaper again

What do u mean by "they are all proposed"? Does that make sense to u?

1 Like

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Eagleboney(m): 5:21pm On Aug 17, 2019
lexy2014:

What are u even saying? U just read marina somewhere & u are forming knowledge. Marina that u have never seen in ur life. Which rail terminus is at Marina, Lagos? What do u mean by "marina axis"? Do u no what Marina looks like that u are saying "Marina axis"? U arent even sure of what u saying. From marina to where? Check ur newspaper again

What do u mean by "they are all proposed"? Does that make sense to u?
why feeling too pompous ma nigga
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by lexy2014: 5:33pm On Aug 17, 2019
Eagleboney:
why feeling too pompous ma nigga

U are highly confused& ignorant. Ur ignorance is staring u right in d face but u are trying to prove what u don't no, exposing ur ignorance much more
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Eagleboney(m): 5:38pm On Aug 17, 2019
lexy2014:

U are highly confused& ignorant. Ur ignorance is staring u right in d face but u are trying to prove what u don't no, exposing ur ignorance much more
I am try' na be cool but it seems you are feeling hot and needs cooling
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by lexy2014: 5:54pm On Aug 17, 2019
Eagleboney:
I am try' na be cool but it seems you are feeling hot and needs cooling

Am just laying out 4u cos u probably thought u had it all figured out. Always try to ask questions instead of trying to prove what u have absolutely no idea about
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Eagleboney(m): 6:07pm On Aug 17, 2019
lexy2014:

Am just laying out 4u cos u probably thought u had it all figured out. Always try to ask questions instead of trying to prove what u have absolutely no idea about
you are try' na lay out to me in a rude and indecorous manner, thinking that because you are residing in Lagos you have seen it all , you can't test my knowledge,but anyway enlighten me on the rail lines in Lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Will No Longer Tolerate Harassment Of Its Citizens In Ghana - FG / Photo: Check Out How Orderly Lagos Traffic Was In The 60's / Truck Carrying Onions Had Accident In Koto, Kogi, Many Injured, Dead (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.