Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,363 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa (28245 Views)

Chase Out Any Igbo That Fails To Vote Peter Obi From Igboland - Pastor / 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths / Anthony Sani: Choose Between Biafra & Igbo Presidency: Arewa Group To Southeast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by greypencils: 12:04pm On Sep 19, 2019
Simple question, is there anything wrong in having a united south? And having every person in the south queuing up to vote such a person? We southerners have wailed for so long at the fact that the North keeps drawing us back. I personally want an Igbo president in the likes of Chukwuma Soludo, Peter Obi, Kingsley Moghalu or Tony Elumelu. That is what is fair and what is needed if Nigeria is to be in peace and harmony. The south-west and south-south has had its chance. Nigeria has been battered on all sides with all sorts of maleficence. Let us bring back peace, unity and harmony to this country by being fair, being human and being humane. 2023 should belong to the Igbos. I am a Yoruba man and I am wholeheartedly routing for an Igbo presidency come 2023.

8 Likes

Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by guynextdoor(m): 12:09pm On Sep 19, 2019
mrvitalis:
I told yourubas killing zoning is making south might never be president again unless the yaradua /jonathan case

Only a united south can defeat the north ...
South west has ruled 8 years been president 8 years
South south 6 years president 2 years vice

Zonning agreement points to then igbos but out of greed south west want to come n contest not knowing the real fight is against fulani domination and south west contesting means north can too

South west pick an igbo man u are comfortable with let the whole south unite for once push fulanis back thats the only way
Exactly my thought...God bless you sir!
This is the golden opportunity we have to free this nation from the clutches of the Fulani hegemony. If the west jettisons her inordinate greed for power, and decides to team up with the rest of southern Nigeria, we'll run these guys(fulanis) out. And then when we take a hold of power, we entrench true federalism, or an outright peaceful dissolution of the country. Shekinah!
Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by Rekhina(f): 12:10pm On Sep 19, 2019
bendike:

What is SWT?
Sujabbi al waab taqqida may his holy name reign supreme
Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by guynextdoor(m): 12:25pm On Sep 19, 2019
greypencils:
Simple question, is there anything wrong in having a united south? And having every person in the south queuing up to vote such a person? We southerners have wailed for so long at the fact that the North keeps drawing us back. I personally want an Igbo president in the likes of Chukwuma Soludo, Peter Obi, Kingsley Moghalu or Tony Elumelu. That is what is fair and what is needed if Nigeria is to be in peace and harmony. The south-west and south-south has had its chance. Nigeria has been battered on all sides with all sorts of maleficence. Let us bring back peace, unity and harmony to this country by being fair, being human and being humane. 2023 should belong to the Igbos. I am a Yoruba man and I am wholeheartedly routing for an Igbo presidency come 2023.
God bless you, bro! A united southern Nigeria is the way to go. I keep asking: how long will the north continue to play us like a game of chess? 4 years ago, they came up with APC and wooed the Yorubas with the office of the VP. The south east stood aloof 'cos they feel the Yorubas are their enemies. 2023 will soon be here, and, PDP, in a bid to woo the South East, are also willing to bribe them with the office of the VP. Of which, the majority of the South West, for whatever reasons, don't see eye to eye with the PDP. Question is, who wins in the end: the north! These guys have mastered the art of jamming our heads together in the south, yet we fail to see these things. A united southern Nigeria will put an end to this shit once and for all, and the only way to achieve that is what you proffered: a credible igbo candidate. And once he gets there, he should overhaul the entire system, and entrench true federalism, or alternatively, dissolve the country peacefully.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by otipoju(m): 12:46pm On Sep 19, 2019
Davash222:

The truth is, APC as a party would be happy to field a Northerner in 2023 and lose than to field an Afonja and win.

Exactly. The northerners are both PDP and APC...they dont care as long as one of theirs is the President.

2 Likes

Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by Starz825(m): 12:50pm On Sep 19, 2019
Davash222:
They’ve used the SW again.
By 2022, the SW would call for a United South, but then, they’ll know there’s a big difference between Six and half a dozen.
We’re watching.
Oga this is politics in Nigeria....if the SW call for a United south..the SS/SE will never decline because the SW is not a walk over in modern day Nigeria politics..but it will definitely sacrifice itself and put somebody from either the SS or SE as the presidential candidate.....to defeat the north....
This is what the SS/SE have been waiting for....the disagreement between the North and the SW...
So when the west comes in they give them conditions...
Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by Chukapage(m): 12:53pm On Sep 19, 2019
sogodihno:

Stop writing nonsense
No Igbo man can become the president of this country any time soon, the earlier u get that, the better for ur brain
were you not the guy on the other. Thread grin shey I told you? cheesy bring that bucket make we weep grin cheesy lmao e pain am!
Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by Sedonxavi: 1:00pm On Sep 19, 2019
valarmorghulis:
Then apc will lose because I will never vote for APC of they presented a northerner come 2023
So na your vote dem dey use determine winner
Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by greypencils: 1:01pm On Sep 19, 2019
guynextdoor:

God bless you, bro! A united southern Nigeria is the way to go. I keep asking: how long will the north continue to play us like a game of chess? 4 years ago, they came up with APC and wooed the Yorubas with the office of the VP. The south east stood aloof 'cos they feel the Yorubas are their enemies. 2023 will soon be here, and, PDP, in a bid to woo the South East, are also willing to bribe them with the office of the VP. Of which, the majority of the South West, for whatever reasons, don't see eye to eye with the PDP. Question is, who wins in the end: the north! These guys have mastered the art of jamming our heads together in the south, yet we fail to see these things. A united southern Nigeria will put an end to this shit once and for all, and the only way to achieve that is what you proffered: a credible igbo candidate. And once he gets there, he should overhaul the entire system, and entrench true federalism, or alternatively, dissolve the country peacefully.
Left to me, I wasnt even bothered about 2019 because this time belong to the North. Either Atiku or Buhari, North is North. My concern is 2023. It will be a disaster if the North, by virtue of Southern dis-Unity clinches power.

2 Likes

Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by Igbo6(m): 1:11pm On Sep 19, 2019
Hope you guys should be able to educate us why buhari didn't win election from 2003 till 2015 with all your demography and population? Being selfish because if power would only deteriorates the peace of this country, I'm sanguine this was exactly the reason all service chiefs came from one one region. However let me shock you, though the south aren't united because of your propaganda you the northerners chickenery inane pigs would never get that position by 2023. I only blame fool's in this group called graduates without senses, who only waste their mb to wail and criticized themselves. Instead of them to call a spade a spade, they only rejoice on their brothers predicament. God will aid us.
quote author=Limitednow post=82363405]

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/todaypoliticsng.com/sorry-for-any-party-that-fails-to-field-a-northerner-for-2023-presidency-arewa-youths/amp/
[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by jaxxy(m): 1:13pm On Sep 19, 2019
The north is being unreasonable and unrealistic bt dis is simply because the west and south and east never agree on anything.

2 Likes

Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by GreyLaw(m): 1:18pm On Sep 19, 2019
mrvitalis:
I told yourubas killing zoning is making south might never be president again unless the yaradua /jonathan case

Only a united south can defeat the north ...
South west has ruled 8 years been president 8 years
South south 6 years president 2 years vice

Zonning agreement points to then igbos but out of greed south west want to come n contest not knowing the real fight is against fulani domination and south west contesting means north can too

South west pick an igbo man u are comfortable with let the whole south unite for once push fulanis back thats the only way

It defies logic why Nigerians are still not ready for a president for the SE.

But why Nigerians, especially the SW and the core North don't want this beats the imagination of sane people. They will tell you it's punishment for the civil war, or that they are not comfortable with the domineering spirit of the SEners, etc.. Isn't it just plain greed when a section of of the country wants to hold on to power at all costs?

I'd be permanently out of here in a short time. Nigeria can keep wallowing in the dustbin. A country that cannot provide pipe borne water, adequate electricity and security for her citizens, is useless and lifeless and not worth being called a country.

Normally, if all the amenities needed for good living are provided by the government, people will not care where the president comes from. But when people enter and appoint only their literate and illiterate kinsmen whilst also denying the masses the good things of life, then everybody wants to make sure his tribesmen gets there.

2 Likes

Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by Chukapage(m): 1:19pm On Sep 19, 2019
Nowenuse:

Bro I am from the middlebelt and we have been neighbours with Hausa fulanis for centuries. I know them like the back of my palm. The core north/northern muslims are the largest voting block in Nigeria.
Southern christians are enough match for northern muslims but lack of unity is the problem. A divided south can never challenge the core north. Infact, a united south without the middlebelt may still not be able to challenge the core-north, let alone Southwest.
you are WRONG here Northern population stuff is a heavy propaganda,Is it not a last Kano population count that tried to make us believe that Kano had more population that Lagos? Which you and I know was a fatal lie! A UNITED SOUTH WITH OR WITHOUT MIDDLE BELT WILL SMASH NORTHERN VOTES BY FAR! Is it not the same core not that people a dying everyday for terrorism ,Herdsmen ,infact the North is not as strong as Nigeria thinks . A UNITED SOUTH WILL DESTROY THAT ILLUSION .core not is not that populous as we think na land mass Dem get.

1 Like

Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by Igbo6(m): 1:24pm On Sep 19, 2019
You are savant my brother, thank God people like you exist. The northern fools thinks they are smart but come 2023 fire will born if they don't change this their devilish mentality of putting the north first before Nigeria. They think they have the population let's watch and see. I only blame most nairalanders who only wail and criticizes their own. The South should unite so that all this pigs would realize that they are nothing but dustbin.

guynextdoor:

Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by guynextdoor(m): 1:34pm On Sep 19, 2019
greypencils:
Left to me, I wasnt even bothered about 2019 because this time belong to the North. Either Atiku or Buhari, North is North. My concern is 2023. It will be a disaster if the North, by virtue of Southern dis-Unity clinches power.
Very sad indeed! And except something extraordinary happens, our worst fear might just come to be: another northern cabal puppet will emerge. regretably, I do not even see us uniting in the south...it's just too complicated a matter. It's a pity what we find ourselves in. Sometimes, I wish I were dreaming. smh!

2 Likes

Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by mrvitalis(m): 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2019
GreyLaw:

It defies logic why Nigerians are still not ready for a president for the SE.

But why Nigerians, especially the SW and the core North don't want this beats the imagination of sane people. They will tell you it's punishment for the civil war, or that they are not comfortable with the domineering spirit of the SEners, etc.. Isn't it just plain greed when a section of of the country wants to hold on to power at all costs?

I'd be permanently out of here in a short time. Nigeria can keep wallowing in the dustbin. A country that cannot provide pipe borne water, adequate electricity and security for her citizens, is useless and lifeless and not worth being called a country.

Normally, if all the amenities needed for good living are provided by the government, people will not care where the president comes from. But when people enter and appoint only their literate and illiterate kinsmen whilst also denying the masses the good things of life, then everybody wants to make sure his tribesmen gets there.
Igbo man cant be president without pushing for resource control and restructuring
....thats the fear of the north

An igbo man can rule for 8 years without opening up warri ,port harcourt and calabar ports ...that's the fear of yorubas ....plus igbo might want to rule lagos
Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by Igbo6(m): 1:46pm On Sep 19, 2019
And their people are so ignorant. They made their region poor and uneducated so that their citizens won't fathom how embecil they have become. Pigs!!

otosa:
you know them very well, they are not after the economy or wellbeing of their people but about only power.
Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by guynextdoor(m): 1:47pm On Sep 19, 2019
mrvitalis:

Igbo man cant be president without pushing for resource control and restructuring

An igbo man can rule for 8 years without opening up warri ,port harcourt and calabar ports ...that's the fear of yorubas ....plus igbo might want to rule lagos
Hmmm! Very intelligent summation, my dear brother. I never thought about this, but I think you are absolutely correct! So, it's all in the hands of the SW to take a leap of faith by aligning with the rest of the south, so that with a common front, we can overrun the north, and then entrench true federalism or a complete but peaceful dissolution of this mess. But can there ever be a united south? That's something I think might be inconceivable, and is what has emboldened the north to keep rubbing this shit on our faces. Sad, my brother! it's sad!
Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by mrvitalis(m): 1:55pm On Sep 19, 2019
guynextdoor:

Hmmm! Very intelligent summation, my dear brother. I never thought about this, but I think you are absolutely correct! So, it's all in the hands of the SW to take a leap of faith by aligning with the rest of the south, so that with a common front, we can overrun the north, and then entrench true federalism or a complete but peaceful dissolution of this mess. But can there ever be a united south? That's something I think might be inconceivable, and is what has emboldened the north to keep rubbing this shit on our faces. Sad, my brother! it's sad!
Greed of the south west is just too much ,they keel selling igbos are hated ,igbos are hated just for there own selfish gain

2 Likes

Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by guynextdoor(m): 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2019
Igbo6:
You are savant my brother, thank God people like you exist. The northern fools thinks they are smart but come 2023 fire will born if they don't change this their devilish mentality of putting the north first before Nigeria. They think they have the population let's watch and see. I only blame most nairalanders who only wail and criticizes their own. The South should unite so that all this pigs would realize that they are nothing but dustbin.

I wish the south would unite and push for one thing: an igbo presidency. If that ever happens, the support will be overwhelming, and power will be wrestled from the north for good, and we can then take it a step further by overhauling the entire system, and entrenching true federalism. But the question begging for answer is this: can there ever be a united south? Greed & distrust amongst the major players here in the south will be the major stumbling block. All in all, at this point in our history as a nation, I think whether there will be a sothern unity is up to the SW.
Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by GreyLaw(m): 2:10pm On Sep 19, 2019
mrvitalis:

I have known this for ages and it is the undiluted truth. It then means that Nigeria is filled with killjoys who would rather the country keeps languishing in systemic failure than for their neighbours to succeed.

Every port is supposed to be working in Nigeria. There should be true federalism and complete autonomy for the states in local matters while the FG handles foreign policy. There should be 100% resource control. There is no need praying for this country because the people habiting it are evil and hate one another.
Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by Nowenuse: 2:11pm On Sep 19, 2019
Wiifesnatcher:

so why did buhari the new found god of you Igbo not defeat obj and gej respectively?

if gej had reach agreement with north PDP elites then that he will run for second term they wouldn't have stand against his second term. his breach of MOU defeated him in 2015

I'm tired of debating politics with you neophyte

I am a middlebelter from Plateau state, didn't u see it in my comment? Why still address me as an Igbo? Tribalism has so eaten deep into you guys that anyone who does not agree with you guys is automatically an Igbo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by guynextdoor(m): 2:22pm On Sep 19, 2019
mrvitalis:

Greed of the south west is just too much ,they keel selling igbos are hated ,igbos are hated just for there own selfish gain
This is so true! I think true federalism is the way forward for us as a nation, and if that is unachievable, let's go our seperate ways. Again, at this point, southern unity is dependent on how the SW plays the game. They have to learn to trust, and shun this igbophobia, so we can move forward as a people. Let's have a round table discussion, and come up with a credible fellow from the east. We have been held back for too long by these never-do-well cabals up north.
Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by Nowenuse: 2:24pm On Sep 19, 2019
Chukapage:
you are WRONG here Northern population stuff is a heavy propaganda,Is it not a last Kano population count that tried to make us believe that Kano had more population that Lagos? Which you and I know was a fatal lie! A UNITED SOUTH WITH OR WITHOUT MIDDLE BELT WILL SMASH NORTHERN VOTES BY FAR! Is it not the same core not that people a dying everyday for terrorism ,Herdsmen ,infact the North is not as strong as Nigeria thinks . A UNITED SOUTH WILL DESTROY THAT ILLUSION .core not is not that populous as we think na land mass Dem get.

Northern population is not a propaganda my friend.
Don't you see the number of registered voters from these northern states?
2006 census was a sham and we all know that Lagos is more than Kano. However, registered voters are what determines Nigerian elections. Going by the voters registration in Nigeria, the core-north is the strongest force, followed by the SE/SS coalition.

2 Likes

Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by Wiifesnatcher(m): 2:24pm On Sep 19, 2019
Nowenuse:

I am a middlebelter from Plateau state, didn't u see it in my comment? Why still address me as an Igbo? Tribalism has so eaten deep into you guys that anyone who does not agree with you guys is automatically an Igbo.

no be plateau state na plantain state. stop hiding your ancestral land. a plateau indigene will focus on the Fulani domination and force of supremacy in their land and won't be talking about Yoruba interest in President
Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by orunto27: 2:26pm On Sep 19, 2019
Shakara Oloje -by El-Rufai.
Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by Deepfeel(m): 2:59pm On Sep 19, 2019
auwal1010:
What are you people arguing about? It's a normal thing there always use to be ruling class and supporting classes, only ever scattered Nigerian igbos will never understand. Even if it's not going to be Northerners for eternity, it can only be north and Southwest. By the grace of God

And by the grace of God we Biafrans will separate from Nigeria and leave the northerners and Southwest for eternity
Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by Sleevia: 3:03pm On Sep 19, 2019
Wiifesnatcher:

angry about what? the level of you people sentiments and assumptions had reduced you below south south in national politics, isn't that enough to awake you people reasoning state?
I can feel you your pulses from here. It is none of my business how anybody chooses to run this country... You can do whatever you want with it. na una know.
Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by Chukapage(m): 3:04pm On Sep 19, 2019
Nowenuse:

Northern population is not a propaganda my friend.
Don't you see the number of registered voters from these northern states?
2006 census was a sham and we all know that Lagos is more than Kano. However, registered voters are what determines Nigerian elections. Going by the voters registration in Nigeria, the core-north is the strongest force, followed by the SE/SS coalition.
That voters stuff is heavy rigging tactics even little children registered where as little children in the South didn't. These are all propaganda s of the core North ,They are not as populous as they make us believe next census should be electronic
Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by Nowenuse: 3:17pm On Sep 19, 2019
Chukapage:
That voters stuff is heavy rigging tactics even little children registered where as little children in the South didn't. These are all propaganda s of the core North ,They are not as populous as they make us believe next census should be electronic

The core-northern voters population might be real because these people take elections like a do or die affair. They discuss it in the mosques regulary. Everyone comes outside, even lame, blind and dumb old people and beggars are carried to go register and vote. This is typically unlike the south where most youths do not care. I voted in Warri in the last election, hardly did I see any youth at my polling center.

And who will make this electronic voting happen? Our lilly-livered southern and middlebelt lawmakers? Any system Hausa fulanis know will not favour them will never see the daylight in this country.

1 Like

Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by Nowenuse: 3:23pm On Sep 19, 2019
Wiifesnatcher:

no be plateau state na plantain state. stop hiding your ancestral land. a plateau indigene will focus on the Fulani domination and force of supremacy in their land and won't be talking about Yoruba interest in President

Go through my profile from 2013 when I opened my account till now and see if I am claiming a fake identity. You yorubas and Igbos have mentally reduced nairaland to a purely Igbo/Yoruba affair that everyone who doesn't agree with you guys is an Afonja/flat head.

And just for the records, the same fulani abducted and killed the daughter of a Yoruba leader, didn't they? Same Yoruba land where the fulanis are now vigilantes?

Yoruba interest in president? Is that Yoruba president going to be the president of Yoruba land alone? Or are Plateau people no longer Nigerians to be concerned about who becomes their president? What foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa by Chukapage(m): 3:25pm On Sep 19, 2019
Nowenuse:

The core-northern voters population might be real because these people take elections like a do or die affair. They discuss it in the mosques regulary. Everyone comes outside, even lame, blind and dumb old people and beggars are carried to go register and vote. This is typically unlike the south where most youths do not care. I voted in Warri in the last election, hardly did I see any youth at my polling center.

And who will make this electronic voting happen? Our lilly-livered southern and middlebelt lawmakers? Any system Hausa fulanis know will not favour them will never see the daylight in this country.
yes your correct political apathy is a Southern problem , considering the electronic stuff do we give up ? No southern and middlebelt leaders ain't cowards they are SELFISH! Like 2011 any time they sneeze in unity the core North shivers

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Profile Of The Supreme Court Judges That Will Determine Obi, Atiku, Tinubu Fate / Bill Gates Visits Fashola. PICS.... / ''Jonathan's Government Bought Substandard Weapons'' - Alhaji Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.