Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg (62873 Views)

Pandora Papers: Global Investigation Exposes Secrets Of Some Of Nigeria’s Elite / Femi FaniKayode: If Cows Were Affected By Coronavirus, What Buhari Would've Done / Atiku Abubakar Convoy Trapped By Supporters In Kano (photos,video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by SenecaTheYonger: 7:07pm On Apr 02, 2020
rusher14:

No, but I can understand why he would do so.

Only a hypocrite would deny there are certain sections of the country either for political or simply bigoted reasons might want to kill him.

In fact, many have celebrated his "death" over and over again only to realise he's well and truly alive.

However, this doesn't change the fact that our hospitals need urgent attention.

Yet again, I would look at the issue and ask if we can afford a lot of things the country requires?

Nigerians can dodge the issues as much as they like but the truth is that the country is poor.

In saying that, our priorities need to be addressed and amongst them should be healthcare and education.

However, I get the feeling many Nigerians aren't really interested in growth. That's why you see people say "shut the country down" and once it's done they say "you want to kill us"?

Nigeria is not poor though

1 Like

Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by rusher14: 7:11pm On Apr 02, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

Nigeria is not poor though

Our GDP per capita says otherwise.

Per capita, the average Nigerian only produces 2000 dollars worth of goods and services over the year.

Modified:

6 thousand dollars is our GDP Per Capita.
Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by joyfullyjoyous(f): 7:12pm On Apr 02, 2020
Corona virus is a leveller.
Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by ItooWorWor(m): 7:19pm On Apr 02, 2020
[quote author=imhotep post=88032843][/quote] grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by SenecaTheYonger: 7:22pm On Apr 02, 2020
rusher14:

Our GDP per capita says otherwise.

Per capita, the average Nigerian only produces 2000 dollars worth of goods and services over the year.

Modified:

6 thousand dollars is our GDP Per Capita.

That's still not poor.
Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by rusher14: 7:24pm On Apr 02, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

That's still not poor.

Really?

6k annually isn't poor to you?
Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by Respect55(m): 7:26pm On Apr 02, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Where is Abba Kyari

Pls let's pray for his quick recovery.
Prayer kii u dia �
Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 02, 2020
ItooWorWor:

grin grin
Sai kworopshon.

Cc lzaa

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by UzoIwu: 7:28pm On Apr 02, 2020
Pls do not say we, some persons never and would never think of voting in a mistake.
Hofbrauhaus:
We are all gonna die.... cry cry

We are gonna die....

We elected a useless President and now we are all gonna die.... Jesus!
Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by 042rebel: 7:32pm On Apr 02, 2020
It's not about this present government alone. Previous governments since independence equally failed to develop our health sector.

2 Likes

Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by koffsman(m): 7:34pm On Apr 02, 2020
Ok
Isoduwa:

We don't plan to fail we fail to plan
Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by SenecaTheYonger: 7:36pm On Apr 02, 2020
rusher14:

Really?

1.8 million naira a year is average for a developing country. We are not poor, we are very wasteful is all it is.
Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by guy222: 7:38pm On Apr 02, 2020
Restoresp:
All our leaders past and present need to be quarantined with koboko for putting us in this mess
They should be sentence to death by public beating, i tell you people go transport from all part of the country to the venue, some go even use flight to the venue in order to partake for the beating
Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 02, 2020
The elites made this mess they should be the only one to suffer it
Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by kokomilala(m): 7:45pm On Apr 02, 2020
@MyVILLAGEpeople, there's this news doing the rounds that Abba Kyari is dead.I also saw a press release signed by Boss Mustapha, the SGF that Babagana Kingibe has been.appointed as the new Chief of Staff to the President.
Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by Beetobee(f): 7:46pm On Apr 02, 2020
You know God works in mysterious ways!

1 Like

Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by Americanboy35: 8:00pm On Apr 02, 2020
good for them, useless pipu......
Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by MartinsD12(m): 8:01pm On Apr 02, 2020
mtinfx:

Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-04-02/trapped-by-coronavirus-nigeria-s-elite-faces-squalid-hospitals?__twitter_impression=true
It's a big lesson to those government people that overlooked our health care system, they will all perish in the poor inadequate hospitals they neglected
Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by nwaimoroseyaho: 8:10pm On Apr 02, 2020
What about the corrupt leaders facing trials in court. You will hear them chanting that they are sick, they should be allowed to I meet their personal doctors abroad?

Not even one of them is sick now, they are bouncing in good health.

1 Like

Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by salt1: 8:30pm On Apr 02, 2020
kokomilala:
@MyVILLAGEpeople, there's this news doing the rounds that Abba Kyari is dead.I also saw a press release signed by Boss Mustapha, the SGF that Babagana Kingibe has been.appointed as the new Chief of Staff to the President.

Source?
Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by justli: 8:34pm On Apr 02, 2020
rusher14:

I claim to be intelligent?

Please show me where I made this claim?

grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:34pm On Apr 02, 2020
TemmyT002:
Buhahahahaha
Nice one, Bloomberg
funny politicians
Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:36pm On Apr 02, 2020
Hofbrauhaus:
We are all gonna die.... cry cry

We are gonna die....

We elected a useless President and now we are all gonna die.... Jesus!
You and your household right
Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by mindtricks: 8:40pm On Apr 02, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

1.8 million naira a year is average for a developing country. We are not poor, we are very wasteful is all it is.
You can say that again. Very true.
Even the blind can see that is the problem with our leaders, a truth hypocrites like to deny claiming scarcity of resources is the problem.
Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by sayso: 8:42pm On Apr 02, 2020
ZooOga:
"Commercial flights and private jets have been grounded."

THANK YOU cheesy

Ohh can you hear the angels singing, this is good especially those private jet owner's who says they want to preach the gospel to foriegn land sneaking to go for medical check. Very nice we are here together.

1 Like

Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by MusaChukwudi: 8:42pm On Apr 02, 2020
rusher14:

I'm surprised many Nigerians haven't come to the realisation that we are indeed a poor nation.

I've been preaching this for a long time and that is, Nigeria must produce or perish.

Produce for your local area or for export.

Only in doing this, can Nigeria exit the poverty basket.

100% correct but would they listen.

Buhari made a lot of promises in 2015 but when he got there he realised that the FG was broke and we only have just enough to pay salaries and there very little available for capital expenditure.

I pity the idiots having children without control.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by CSTR2: 8:42pm On Apr 02, 2020
See as shame dey catch me.

The irony is that buhari, his govt and his supporters are never ashamed.
Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by Oshin56(m): 8:44pm On Apr 02, 2020
If they know that a day like is going to happen they will not loot the money meant for health but they believed that any small illness they will travel abroad for treatment but now reverse is the case where they think they will run too is where the virus first attack, now bush they burn Na who go help chameleon. It will serve as lesson that no place like home.
Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by MusaChukwudi: 8:44pm On Apr 02, 2020
rusher14:

Really?

Don't bother arguing with him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by CSTR2: 8:45pm On Apr 02, 2020
MusaChukwudi:

100% correct but would they listen.

Buhari made a lot of promises in 2015 but when he got there he realised that the FG was broke and we only have just enough to pay salaries and there very little available for capital expenditure.

I pity the idiots having children without control.
What has buhari done to increase our revenue base genuinely.?

What has buhari done with respect to over population, when half his votes came from almajiris.?

1 Like

Re: Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg by MusaChukwudi: 8:47pm On Apr 02, 2020
CSTR2:
See as shame dey catch me.

The irony is that buhari, his govt and his supporters are never ashamed.

Shut that your mouth.

Yeah right, Nigeria was the best and most advanced country in the world before Buhari arrived.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osinbajo Goes To Buy Ice Cream After Shettima Said He Should Sell Ice Cream / How Ejike Mbaka Disappeared And Reappeared In A Motorcade / Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.