Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,081 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger (40504 Views)

David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies / Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger / Tinubunomics: Dissecting Tinubu’s Economic Track Records - Nairametrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by IOXOI: 7:53am On Jun 16, 2023
Nigeria need to merge lot of Agency

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by bjdon: 7:53am On Jun 16, 2023
What about more ports in places like PH, Warri Calabar. We can't be a serious trading nation if everything is being focused throught Lagos alone

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Obaaderemi2: 7:59am On Jun 16, 2023
femicyrus:
I hope the born to rule mentality of the North can now differentiate between their backwardness mentality and the progressive prowess of competent leadership
Maybe their eyes will begin to clear small small. Northerners leading a big important African country like Nigeria is an abberation. At least we can all see the nonsense buhari did which even affected his own people the most.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Obaaderemi2: 8:01am On Jun 16, 2023
Then he should encourage Lagos governor to take revenue generation away from agberos and let a proper lagos state revenue board handle it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 16, 2023
Bad idea
Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Fiscus105(m): 8:06am On Jun 16, 2023
Wawelexy:
This might eventually leads to a power tussles among these organisations just like that of the DSS Vs EFCC, LASTMA and Road Safety etc... Despite knowing each others's duties, one body will still intentionally carryout the duties of the other just because of personal gain and not because of patriotism, and this will always tell on the citizens.... So I think they should just allow them remain a separate body....

You withness that when a sitting president is a sleeping ineffective Buffon.

When the comander-in-chief is truly comander, nobody will dear to do nonsense.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:08am On Jun 16, 2023
Ahmed0336:
Anything to move this nation forward is welcomed.

I stand on my mandate while some peeps are still looking for their manhood wey no loss grin

Including deepening tax collection from the already impoverished masses to generate funds that'll eventually be stolen by Tiefnubu's corrupt co-workers and co-travellers?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by uncleck: 8:08am On Jun 16, 2023
In addition, I think NSCDC, NPF, FRSC and VIO should be merged too

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Johnson5258: 8:09am On Jun 16, 2023
Impressive, So Abiru has this brain.

To our investors and Nigerians in diaspora,

We humbly request that you come back to Nigeria for your investment to enhance our nation building, fiscal and economic policies are now championed by good brains and most importantly an enlightened president.

Please invest in Nigeria 🇳🇬.

Best regards.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Olawrites: 8:10am On Jun 16, 2023
I am an original Igbo from Alaigbo. I was a staunch supporter of Peter Obi before, but I have now seen the light. God bless the Jagaban of Nigeria. God bless Bola Tinubugrin

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by danilmo: 8:10am On Jun 16, 2023
Wawelexy:
This might eventually leads to a power tussles among these organisations just like that of the DSS Vs EFCC, LASTMA and Road Safety etc... Despite knowing each others's duties, one body will still intentionally carryout the duties of the other just because of personal gain and not because of patriotism, and this will always tell on the citizens.... So I think they should just allow them remain a separate body....

Is BAT a baby to you?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Westerhoffe(m): 8:11am On Jun 16, 2023
Mmm…
We've always known a Yoruba President is what Nigeria lacks, misses and needs.

Watching in 3D.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by TinubuSlave(f): 8:11am On Jun 16, 2023
Ahmed0336:
Anything to move this nation forward is welcomed.

I stand on my mandate while some peeps are still looking for their manhood wey no loss grin
of a truth, their manhood lost but na atiku use ojuju still obi prick

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Yankee101: 8:11am On Jun 16, 2023
Lagos model loading
With one consultant taking a cut
Guess who will be the owner of the consulting firm…..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Och77(m): 8:11am On Jun 16, 2023
Wawelexy:
. You narrative here supports the merging of these agencies, to stem the usurping of duties

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by sholay4star: 8:12am On Jun 16, 2023
Nice
Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Holluwhakemmy(f): 8:13am On Jun 16, 2023
Nigeria economy is our concern anything to move the country forward is highly welcome

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by omenka(m): 8:14am On Jun 16, 2023
Chekwume16:
Hmmm. The way tinubu is moving is not strange to me though. Although I voted for obi I have always maintained that tinubu will perform excellently if he wins especially in the area of economy and infrastructure. Just hoping he sustains this initial drive

All we need for him is prayers for good health. He's stepping on very big toes and that might cost him dearly, given the kind of country Nigeria is.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 16, 2023
Everything mara mma. Implementing it is where the problem is. Will Asiwaju implement these things?.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:14am On Jun 16, 2023
Olawrites:
I am an original Igbo from Alaigbo. I was a staunch supporter of Peter Obi before, but I have now seen the light. God bless the Jagaban of Nigeria. God bless Bola Tinubugrin

Just shut up!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by unclejb2(m): 8:15am On Jun 16, 2023
Alpha Beta loading at the federal level

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Kruzxx: 8:17am On Jun 16, 2023
uncleck:
In addition, I think NSCDC, NPF, FRSC and VIO should be merged too

Make them merge army too
Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by fkj950ax(m): 8:17am On Jun 16, 2023
This is not necessary.

NIMASA should revert back to the core of its establishment, Maritime Safety.

Customs should revert back to the core of its establishment, Border Protection

All revenue generation activities by both agencies should be handled the FIRS desks deployed to both agencies offices nationwide.

Same way NIMC is in Immigration Passport Offices.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Dapson73(m): 8:18am On Jun 16, 2023
loosecanon50:
In my own opinion, anything that will improve the lives of Nigerians and bring progress to all is what the nation needs right now...but merging all these agencies into one body seems a bit overboard to me.

All these agencies have been operating independently before now, you can't just wake up from sleep and say you want to merge them. There'll definitely be conflicts of interest on the long run.

Thats just like implementing the National confab report of 2014 which other governments failed to do.

Meaningful Nigerians need to support Asiwaju administration for the betterment of this country.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by danchuzzy(m): 8:18am On Jun 16, 2023
vowiski:
Merge into one body to be supervised by Alpha Beta …

What a smart mandate thief cheesy

Thissssss!!!!
Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Meerahbel: 8:18am On Jun 16, 2023
shocked
Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Gbenga4ever1411: 8:20am On Jun 16, 2023
This country just have to work

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by BabaO2: 8:20am On Jun 16, 2023
Frsc (Federal Road Safety corps) should be scrapped, they are making the roads more dangerous, they are not useful on the roads.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Axis313(m): 8:21am On Jun 16, 2023
Mhomies:
This country just has to work
By fire by force,Naija Must Work.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by 77up(m): 8:21am On Jun 16, 2023
taylor89:
grin
You are already ran out of rubbish talk, you don't know what lie and stupid things to say again 🙄

Asiwaju will dissapointe you all his haters.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidential Rally: People Arrested With Jazz In Abeokuta, Ogun State / El-Zakzaky: Court Declares Shiite (IMN) 'Terrorist Group' / Coronavirus: Wike Announces Total Lockdown In Parts Of Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.