Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,457 members, 7,823,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger (40497 Views)

David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies / Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger / Tinubunomics: Dissecting Tinubu’s Economic Track Records - Nairametrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by KingOfTheDamned: 11:37am On Jun 16, 2023
Chekwume16:
Hmmm. The way tinubu is moving is not strange to me though. Although I voted for obi I have always maintained that tinubu will perform excellently if he wins especially in the area of economy and infrastructure. Just hoping he sustains this initial drive

Same here I supported and still support Obi. But I love what I am seeing from Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 16, 2023
GodSon1900:
I hope to see a country whereby
Nigerians overseas would be planning to come back here
They should give us incentive to go back
Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by EngGandalf: 12:17pm On Jun 16, 2023
loosecanon50:
In my own opinion, anything that will improve the lives of Nigerians and bring progress to all is what the nation needs right now...but merging all these agencies into one body seems a bit overboard to me.

All these agencies have been operating independently before now, you can't just wake up from sleep and say you want to merge them. There'll definitely be conflicts of interest on the long run.
What’re you qualifications and how did you come to this conclusion? How many years of research have you done on the above listed companies to know their shortcomings and benefits to the nation? Because the people that recommended these solutions did all of the above .. so if you haven’t done as much work as they’ve done on this subject matter. You’ve no SAY!.
Only speak when you’re 100% sure of yourself. This is not a matter of your emotions. It’s Real Life.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Johnson5258: 12:22pm On Jun 16, 2023
I kept saying to everyone that, my expectation from PBAT is policies I.e economics reforms, I'm not disappointed.

miqos02:
he was former MD of Polaris bank. He resigned to contest senatorial election.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Mccullum: 12:27pm On Jun 16, 2023
Tinubu is a good leader, I strongly believed in his prowess as a foresightedness administrator for brighter and rewarding future of Nigeria
Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by nedekid: 12:41pm On Jun 16, 2023
If this can be done. Certainly it will improve the economy.
Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Exmilitant(m): 12:45pm On Jun 16, 2023
Electorate:
is this hateful remark why you had to quote the whole forum?

Tinubu's company alpha beta collects revenue on behalf of the Lagos state government, now he is planning to merge national revenue agencies into one to be supervised by his company alpha beta for a certain percentage.

Tinubu is about to suck Nigeria's treasury dry while some Nigerians that can't think or use their brain continue to cheer him ignorantly. He go run una street una eye go clear when he finish...Pablo EscoBAT on the beat.
Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Westerhoffe(m): 12:47pm On Jun 16, 2023
Electorate:

Ok grin

cheesy grin
O o serious o!
Wetin I talk, wetin you change am to?
Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by GodSon1900: 12:53pm On Jun 16, 2023
ogunijebu18:

They should give us incentive to go back

😏
Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 16, 2023
Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by MSesan: 1:31pm On Jun 16, 2023
There will be always a compensation plan, only for those who have their papers anyway.

Elliotwaveforec:
"4kms away from the port for decongestion and cargoes'. Houses around the ports will give way for cargoes'; Apapa and Lekki residents, brace up!
Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by blueAgent(m): 2:19pm On Jun 16, 2023
forgiveness:

Take note of the word "formalizing" . Illiterate. grin

Wonders would never end shocked

How can someone be too ingnorant and be arrogant on top?

What do you want them to formalize, there refining technology as you claim or there illegal business?

Which part of my previous writeup is too complex for you to comprehend?
Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by forgiveness: 2:39pm On Jun 16, 2023
blueAgent:

Wonders would never end shocked

How can someone be too ingnorant and be arrogant on top?

What do you want them to formalize, there refining technology as you claim or there illegal business?

Which part of my previous writeup is too complex for you to comprehend?

Formalize. Use your dictionary.
Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by DodadaKoKigbe: 2:49pm On Jun 16, 2023
Amarabae:
There is always a difference btw a northern and southern president. I stand on Atiku mandate to be recovered

What happened to Obi's manhood (sorry mandate)?
Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by DodadaKoKigbe: 2:52pm On Jun 16, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
Then he should encourage Lagos governor to take revenue generation away from agberos and let a proper lagos state revenue board handle it.

Okonkwo, face your Anambra don't die ontop Yoruba state.
Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Electorate: 3:34pm On Jun 16, 2023
[quote author=Exmilitant post=123834176][/quote]

It is not an hateful remark, it is the truth and the truth is bitter.
Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Poske95(m): 3:34pm On Jun 16, 2023
Best collabo yet.....
When is this remix dropping...?!
Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Snowmusic: 3:56pm On Jun 16, 2023
It is not the merging of all the agencies .It is merging all their revenue platforms into one to be called Nigeria Revenue Service. One spot platform to capture all revenues rather than numerous platform with leakages

Senioreddy:
I really appreciate the fact that barely 48 hours of the inauguration of the economic advisory committee, they've come up with a tentative proposal to ensure growth in revenue generation.

However, I think in my own opinion, merging all these agencies/bodies into one is just too much for a single administrative structure to handle.

This is because, all these agencies are revenue drivers and they are all autonomous and as such merging them into one create a lot of confusion.

Also bearing in mind that this nation is so much endeared in corruption, a sole administrative body handling multiple revenue mobilizing agencies, the level of corruption will be mind blowing.

Lastly the red tapism/bottle necks will associated with all governmental agencies will further be multiplied.

These are just few of my concerns about the proposal. I stand to be corrected though.
Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Drbarmes(m): 4:01pm On Jun 16, 2023
Godfullsam:
Good move in the right direction.

But merging those government agencies will cause problem in the long run.

A single bigger merged agency will be too large to manage and there will be too many loop holes where corrupt people will loot money. Especially when an incompetent administration takes over power.

This is the real change we all hoped for.. Buhari's change is a big scam

No matter how large it is it will be divided into departments and units controlled and supervised by a unified system. With technology there won't be hitches
Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Senioreddy: 4:32pm On Jun 16, 2023
Snowmusic:

It is not the merging of all the agencies .It is merging all their revenue platforms into one to be called Nigeria Revenue Service. One spot platform to capture all revenues rather than numerous platform with leakages

Are you sure you read the article?
As in you took your time to digest it?
Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Obaaderemi2: 8:31pm On Jun 16, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

Okonkwo, face your Anambra don't die ontop Yoruba state.
Sodiq, I'm more yoruba than you. Anyone who speaks the truth is against you.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by ELAGAIE(m): 8:35pm On Jun 16, 2023
femicyrus:
I hope the born to rule mentality of the North can now differentiate between their backwardness mentality and the progressive prowess of competent leadership
The same northerners that que under the sun and voted for TINUBU against their Fulani brother ATIKU are being rubbished just less than a month.
Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by captainrf1(m): 8:40pm On Jun 16, 2023
Ahmed0336:
Anything to move this nation forward is welcomed.

I stand on my mandate while some peeps are still looking for their manhood wey no loss grin
lol.....
Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Chee59(f): 10:27pm On Jun 16, 2023
Same way Buhari "stunned" Nigerians
No one who steals a position intends to use it for public good, always bear that in mind.
Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Xplorepd: 10:34pm On Jun 16, 2023
marlow1962:
Did I just read "over 50million jobs for the youths" lmao 😂😂.
Just letting you know, there is no job for you. If you don't have someone, who has someone that has someone, you know the jerk.

Tinubu government is not going to give a poor man's child a job, except your "so help me lord" works for you.
After taking your student loan and you manage to graduate, go and start work in a private firm. Tecno and Infinix stand dy where you fit work, or other firm.

You want to sound intelligent but you ended up proving how dumb and bias you are
Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by marlow1962(m): 12:29am On Jun 17, 2023
Xplorepd:

You want to sound intelligent but you ended up proving how dumb and bias you are
Mtchew
Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by femicyrus(m): 5:52am On Jun 17, 2023
ELAGAIE:

The same northerners that que under the sun and voted for TINUBU against their Fulani brother ATIKU are being rubbished just less than a month.
don't twist the narrative to fan the ember of hate
There are competent individuals in the North too. "born to rule mentality" is the bone of contention.
No one is rubbishing anyone
Re: Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger by Senioreddy: 10:37am On Jun 17, 2023
Snowmusic:

Bros/sis even at this, do you agree with me that mega stealing spree is what we are about to witness if such reform/plan is actualized?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Hamidu Ali As His Chief-Of-Staff - Sahara Reporters / Saraki Prays With Buhari, Sanusi And The King Of Morocco (Photo) / I Am Happy I Survived Peter Obi Tsunami In The South East . Abaribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.