Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,912 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests (23251 Views)

Pre Employment Medical Tests / My Problems As An Adult. Have I Failed? / Ahmed Abdulrahman Helps His Sick Cleaner Who Failed To Show Up At Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by 080bjaked(m): 3:56pm On Jul 31, 2023
Urbaninspire:
I am so depressed at the moment,I passed the first stage, second stage interview,it was a success then I got the invite for the premedical and I failed the medical tests because I have hepatitis,I don't know how hepatitis got into my blood stream,I don't know what to do again,is just 2 much for my head...I need encouragement

If this happens in some countries, you can sue the employer though. You can't make these decisions on health status except they can proof it will actually impact how you perform at the job
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by fastseo: 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2023
faithfull18:

You were having unprotected premarital sex ?? or how, I know sex isn't the only way it can be gotten but sex is the most common.

Repent, God will come through for you.
everything is sex sex sex for your information hapertitis b is majorly transmitted through blood contact.

mode od transmission through sex is relatively low... as in low unless in cases where the person has a very high loads in millions and the person is at a stage of being very infectious.

2 Likes

Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by Pootle: 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2023
good you know your health status now, a friend my almost die of TB thinking it was cough and he was vomiting blood heavily he nearly died, another had a stomach cancer but thought it was ulcer he died a month ago treating ulcer not until it was late...you have gotten your health back by knowing what is wrong with count it as a blessing and not a curse cry

1 Like

Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by sisisioge: 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2023
Urbaninspire:
I am so depressed at the moment,I passed the first stage, second stage interview,it was a success then I got the invite for the premedical and I failed the medical tests because I have hepatitis,I don't know how hepatitis got into my blood stream,I don't know what to do again,is just 2 much for my head...I need encouragement

Biko go take the test again to be sure you have hepatitis. Meanwhile, is it a food handling company? If not they have no ground to discriminate against you based on your health status.
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by chris51(f): 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2023
So sorry about your failed medical test. Thank God for one thing, you now know your medical condition.

Go and treat yourself, that's what matters. Another job opportunity will come by God's grace
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by chris51(f): 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2023
chris51:
So sorry about your failed medical test. Thank God for one thing, you now know your medical condition.

Go and treat yourself, that's what matters. Another job opportunity will come by God's grace
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by SirLakes: 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2023
What sort of company is that..... is it a care giver job.... I don't get!!

frog12:
dirty food and water, or from infected person gave the hepatitis

Only hepatitis A can be gotten through dirty food and water people hardly screen for A it's mild and not life threatening like others .... B and C is mainly through blood and other body fluids!! grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by TheDemola: 4:05pm On Jul 31, 2023
Urbaninspire:

I was once in your shoes. Please reply my mail. I sent you a mail, let's talk
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by soccerlite: 4:07pm On Jul 31, 2023
post=124784534:
#NeverGiveUp

Talking about the Hepatitis,
Below is a very good way to start flushing it out of your system.....
Increase the amount of actual water that you drink during a 24 hour day.
Water helps flush the chemicals and poisons out of your body.
To find out how much water you should drink in a 24 hour period: take your body weight in Kg and divide it by 2.
This equals how many ounces of water you should drink each day.

And definitely you have to still consult your Physician,

Treatment for chronic hepatitis B may include: Antiviral medications.
Several antiviral medicines — including entecavir (Baraclude), tenofovir (Viread), lamivudine (Epivir), adefovir (Hepsera) and telbivudine — can help fight the virus and slow its ability to damage your liver.
These drugs are taken by mouth.

Again , consult your before going for any of the above antiviral medicines 💊.

It will end in praise for you by God's Grace.

Go and SUCCEED.

Be careful of dis

Hope you know him
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by toprealman: 4:07pm On Jul 31, 2023
Urbaninspire:
Nigeria and their archaic laws. In some developed countries, you can take them to court for discrimination.
I’m sure even in Nigeria it is illegal to discriminate based on disease. There is a HIV/AID anti-discrimination act of 2014. Besides such places are not really worth identifying with.
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by toprealman: 4:08pm On Jul 31, 2023
fastseo:

everything is sex sex sex for your information hapertitis is majorly transmitted through blood contact.

mode od transmission through sex is relatively low... as in low unless in cases where the person has a very high loads in millions and the person is at a stage of being very infectious.

Not necessarily
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by joyandfaith: 4:14pm On Jul 31, 2023
Urbaninspire:

Which job is that? Hepatitis B should not be reason for denying you job. It is not fair.

1 Like

Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by soccerlite: 4:14pm On Jul 31, 2023
How woukd the hepatitis stop you from doing the job
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by lolu2019: 4:15pm On Jul 31, 2023
dove234:

God will see you through,I had a near-similar experience last week while finalizing my new job.This was after l have been jobless for over 4 months with bills and pressure coming from all corners.Mine was high BP, but eventually I was able to scale through.Deep in my mind I felt it would be double tragedy to lose the job and come home with medications for controlling my high BP.
This is a phase and it shall pass,in 2 or 3 months your story will change,take care of your health and I am certain God will come through for you
Shallom

sure.we shall overcome
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by patorial(m): 4:16pm On Jul 31, 2023
Acidosis:

Count it all joy. Undetected and untreated hepatitis could damage your organs. You can only treat what you know. You didn't get the job but you got a medical report that could spare your life.

Just the statement you made here already shown it to me that you must be very intelligent.

1 Like

Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by silverkings: 4:17pm On Jul 31, 2023
olamilarks:
Hang in there brother, I also went for medical test and my BP was way higher than normal, I'm worried they might use that to disqualify me. Some people were disqualified via urine drug test.
My BP was very high last September but thanks be to God I was given the job.... The Dr asked several questions that day though.... I was very worried but thank God
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by olamilarks(m): 4:24pm On Jul 31, 2023
silverkings:
My BP was very high last September but thanks be to God I was given the job.... The Dr asked several questions that day though.... I was very worried but thank God
I hope I get the job also, thanks for this encouraging submission.

1 Like

Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by omenpetrol: 4:29pm On Jul 31, 2023
Urbaninspire:

What industry are you seeking the job. For food and medical industries this may be a turn off. You also need to know if it’s acute (less than 6months or chronic >6 months. ) go do a hepatitis b panel test.

You may have gotten it from your parents at childbirth or at adulthood via unprotected sex.

If it’s acute, your immune system should clear it and you would test negative after 6 months. 95% of adults would clear the virus. Please take care of your liver.

2 Likes

Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by kapelvej: 4:33pm On Jul 31, 2023
Urbaninspire:
This is a very bad discrimination in work place.
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by Opanka44(m): 4:39pm On Jul 31, 2023
saphiere:
I understand. I've been there. Mine wasn't medical. Mine was certificate. I didn't let it stopped me. I pushed and here I am today.
My advice; Keep pushing.

I tap from this grace IJN
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by HEBEI: 4:39pm On Jul 31, 2023
Get yourself treated and try again.

You Will succeed.
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by bolousadex: 4:42pm On Jul 31, 2023
WTF, Hepatitis shouldnt qualify as a condition that will prevent one from getting a job. haba!!! This would not happen in any developed country

1 Like

Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by Hope1986: 4:45pm On Jul 31, 2023
Nursepepeye:
They don't want to give you the Job, it can be treated and resume your job if they want to
Said by who? It is one of there criteria . Non of paramilitary can take you if you have hepatitis B or C. They are more careful about it than HIV . If it chronic , you can only manage it but cannot cure. Any organization can have it as there criteria
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by Tomek09(m): 4:52pm On Jul 31, 2023
Kpele
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by Jewessgratitud3: 4:55pm On Jul 31, 2023
Huh shocked!

Are you sexually active?
Do you have multiple sex partners?

If you are into any of the above then that's where you got it from otherwise you got it from contact with someones body fluid.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by CJStarz: 4:57pm On Jul 31, 2023
My dear,be calm. The Bible says ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD,FOR THOSE WHO LOVE GOD....
Who knows ? God is probably trying to save you from a future problem. It's natural to feel sad,but trust HIM to give you a better offer soonest. Keep praying,He will answered. Peace ✌️

Urbaninspire:
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by CJStarz: 4:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
A prayer that ends in IJN is meaningless. It won't be answered. If you believe in the efficacy of the IJN, type it in full.

Opanka44:

I tap from this grace IJN
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by Akposkiz: 5:17pm On Jul 31, 2023
Sorry about that it is well bro!
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by Amayabor1: 5:28pm On Jul 31, 2023
fastseo:
I know it's herpetites B. and most jobs here in Nigeria and Arab countries do discriminate about it and won't employ you if you test positive to it and that's very bad.

well for now just go to the hospital and do a hapertitis B profile and check if your HBeAg is positive or not. if positive then its active but if negative is inactive which means you have no fear of harm.

then secondly you do a viral load test to know the amount in your blood.

then you do a liver scan and also liver function tests.

note: if the HBeAg is negative n viral load is often low like few thousands to hundreds.. you won't need any medication or take any drugs . 80 to 95% of hapertitis b patients are just like this that's why u hardly see someone complaining of liver damage as you can find in kidney damage.

next avoid alcohol, delete it from your menu. stop eating meat as it is to heavy to break down by liver, stop eating fried food or stuff.

eat fruit, vegetables and stuff that are cooked. and stop eating junk.

test members of your family to check if anyone has it and if no then vaccinate everyone.

for Now you should know you have chronic herpetites b.. its definitely not acute.. anyone that just go for test and found out with suprise without eye turning yellow... its chronic. meaning you got it either when u are still a child through blood transfusion either when ur mom was about to birth you and the blood was not screen enough. in the 1990s they hardly screen blood for herpetites and this gave a sharp rise.

for adult... hepatitis b pose little as the immune system will destroy it instantly it get to the body @95/99% of the time an adult is infected. but for children they have low immune system that's why every child get vaccinated at birth since 2004.

As for the cure... no herbal drugs can kill a virus don't let anyone tell you that.
while right now there are some trial drugs they are developing to cure it and within 10 years from now they will find a drug.
Although there is a drug that is giving 30/40% success rate and it will soon be on sale within 3 years from now.

before jumping at treatment which involves taking tenofovir... please ensure that the hbv is active and it is in millions before u take drugs... don't allow any doctor force u to take drugs.. because all this Nigerian doctors have little knowledge on hbv because if you start taking it, u won't stop it else it will resist it in future

someone said drink water... water cannot flush a chronic hbv no matter how u take it.. its only when it's acute you can increase intake of water to help healing process but in chronic it won't affect anything

lastly don't drink any herbal drugs as it can complication things... herpetites b won't kill you so don't fear unless it multiply in millions or hundred of millions (HBeAg positive) and start destroying the liver without u knowing and it takes 20 to 30 years to destroy someone liver and also lifestyle like alcohol intake also contribute how fast it destroy.

Remember to check the HBeAg weather it is positive or not... you can know that through hbv panel test and it is 10k in most lab.

Point of correction;

If HbeAg is negative, it doesn't necessarily mean there is no cause for alarm.
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by godwon01(m): 5:32pm On Jul 31, 2023
lavylilly:
Which of the hepatitis?
Mostly , compressive report might not be given but the bottom line is he has chronic hepatitis. We have hepatitis A which can be through blood stream from contaminated needles or sexual intercourse. Hepatitis B can be contacted through polluted water or food. The bottom line is the treatment modalities are the same. Avoid or reduced fatty food. When you are taking antiviral drugs, take it 2 hrs before food and possibly in the morning. Take high dose of vitamin c. Treat your sexual partner as well. Drink plenty of warmth water Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by fastseo: 5:34pm On Jul 31, 2023
Amayabor1:

Point of correction;

If HbeAg is negative, it doesn't necessarily mean there is no cause for alarm.

whats your reason to say so.. any valid reason let me know?

A negative HBeAg result indicates very minimal or no HBV replication..
all u have to do is yearly check up to see how it progresses or how the immune system handles it. avoid alcohol because it can reactive it.

There people whose HBeAg is negative and their virus remain low for a period of 30 to 40 years without taking no drugs. and also note that about 1% of this set are lucky to clear the virus of their system.
while some as they get older the immune system gets better at handling it better.
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by Berankis: 5:43pm On Jul 31, 2023
I failed TB Test after paying for COS. Unto you Lord I surrender my life. May God console all of us in this terrible state. Amen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is There Any Advantage Of Having A HSE Certificate? / Where Are The Great Microbiologist And Their Jobs: Advice,ideas And Experience / Professions That Harbor Secrets The Most

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.