Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,903 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests (23250 Views)

Pre Employment Medical Tests / My Problems As An Adult. Have I Failed? / Ahmed Abdulrahman Helps His Sick Cleaner Who Failed To Show Up At Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by Evicsholar(f): 5:43pm On Jul 31, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:
Sorry to ask, is it because of Hepatitis that you were disqualified?

Is it a blood donating company?

Even People with HIV now have their jobs secured .....why this

Is well, God is taking things off from you and preparing you for a better job ahead.....

Still check my signature for your dream homes , offices , shopping mall etc designs/ constructions works ...
The comment I have been looking for.

I don't know why being positive to HbV is a failed result that would prevent someone from getting a job

1 Like

Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by Gentlesoul2021(m): 5:46pm On Jul 31, 2023
Urbaninspire:
I am so depressed at the moment,I passed the first stage, second stage interview,it was a success then I got the invite for the premedical and I failed the medical tests because I have hepatitis,I don't know how hepatitis got into my blood stream,I don't know what to do again,is just 2 much for my head...I need encouragement

Why not go and run the test yourself to see if you're guilty of this ailment. All the best in the future to come...
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by riczy(m): 5:51pm On Jul 31, 2023
Consider it all joy for having known ur health status, more and better #opportunities for u
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by naturefellow(m): 5:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
post=124784534:
#NeverGiveUp

Talking about the Hepatitis,
Below is a very good way to start flushing it out of your system.....
Increase the amount of actual water that you drink during a 24 hour day.
Water helps flush the chemicals and poisons out of your body.
To find out how much water you should drink in a 24 hour period: take your body weight in Kg and divide it by 2.
This equals how many ounces of water you should drink each day.

And definitely you have to still consult your Physician,

Treatment for chronic hepatitis B may include: Antiviral medications.
Several antiviral medicines — including entecavir (Baraclude), tenofovir (Viread), lamivudine (Epivir), adefovir (Hepsera) and telbivudine — can help fight the virus and slow its ability to damage your liver.
These drugs are taken by mouth.

Again , consult your before going for any of the above antiviral medicines 💊.

It will end in praise for you by God's Grace.

Go and SUCCEED.
Google. Nice one!
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by Urbaninspire(f): 6:03pm On Jul 31, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:
Sorry to ask, is it because of Hepatitis that you were disqualified?

Is it a blood donating company?

Even People with HIV now have their jobs secured .....why this

Is well, God is taking things off from you and preparing you for a better job ahead.....

A bank

Still check my signature for your dream homes , offices , shopping mall etc designs/ constructions works ...
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by Urbaninspire(f): 6:04pm On Jul 31, 2023
olamilarks:
Hang in there brother, I also went for medical test and my BP was way higher than normal, I'm worried they might use that to disqualify me. Some people were disqualified via urine drug test.
I am a lady
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by Omoawoke2(m): 6:04pm On Jul 31, 2023
Acidosis:

Count it all joy. Undetected and untreated hepatitis could damage your organs. You can only treat what you know. You didn't get the job but you got a medical report that could spare your life.

What an angle

You are a wise man

1 Like

Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by phemmyfour: 6:08pm On Jul 31, 2023
Acidosis:

Count it all joy. Undetected and untreated hepatitis could damage your organs. You can only treat what you know. You didn't get the job but you got a medical report that could spare your life.
What are the symptoms
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by Urbaninspire(f): 6:09pm On Jul 31, 2023
Onewazobia:

Best advice

You're right... hepatitis B
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by phemmyfour: 6:10pm On Jul 31, 2023
Urbaninspire:
I am so depressed at the moment,I passed the first stage, second stage interview,it was a success then I got the invite for the premedical and I failed the medical tests because I have hepatitis,[b]I don't know how hepatitis got into my blood stream,[/b]I don't know what to do again,is just 2 much for my head...I need encouragement
Through sex . Get your partner(s) tested especially if you have multiple partners
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by Urbaninspire(f): 6:11pm On Jul 31, 2023
faithfull18:

You were having unprotected premarital sex ?? or how, I know sex isn't the only way it can be gotten but sex is the most common.

Repent, God will come through for you.

No I am married,it can't be from sex
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by Urbaninspire(f): 6:12pm On Jul 31, 2023
sisisioge:

Biko go take the test again to be sure you have hepatitis. Meanwhile, is it a food handling company? If not they have no ground to discriminate against you based on your health status.

Not a food company but a financial institution
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by phemmyfour: 6:12pm On Jul 31, 2023
Urbaninspire:

what if your partner isn't faithful , married people dey get HIV now
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by Amayabor1: 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2023
fastseo:

whats your reason to say so.. any valid reason let me know?

A negative HBeAg result indicates very minimal or no HBV replication..
all u have to do is yearly check up to see how it progresses or how the immune system handles it. avoid alcohol because it can reactive it.

There people whose HBeAg is negative and their virus remain low for a period of 30 to 40 years without taking no drugs. and also note that about 1% of this set are lucky to clear the virus of their system.
while some as they get older the immune system gets better at handling it better.

It seems you are only looking at chronic infection. A patient who has a positive HBsAg can develop acute liver failure even if HbeAg is negative at the time of testing.
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by olamilarks(m): 6:23pm On Jul 31, 2023
Urbaninspire:

I am a lady
Apologies ma'am! Just stay hopeful!
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by UtuokeAlcoholic: 6:25pm On Jul 31, 2023
fastseo:
I know it's herpetites B. and most jobs here in Nigeria and Arab countries do discriminate about it and won't employ you if you test positive to it and that's very bad.

well for now just go to the hospital and do a hapertitis B profile and check if your HBeAg is positive or not. if positive then its active but if negative is inactive which means you have no fear of harm.

then secondly you do a viral load test to know the amount in your blood.

then you do a liver scan and also liver function tests.

note: if the HBeAg is negative n viral load is often low like few thousands to hundreds.. you won't need any medication or take any drugs . 80 to 95% of hapertitis b patients are just like this that's why u hardly see someone complaining of liver damage as you can find in kidney damage.

next avoid alcohol, delete it from your menu. stop eating meat as it is to heavy to break down by liver, stop eating fried food or stuff.

eat fruit, vegetables and stuff that are cooked. and stop eating junk.

test members of your family to check if anyone has it and if no then vaccinate everyone.

for Now you should know you have chronic herpetites b.. its definitely not acute.. anyone that just go for test and found out with suprise without eye turning yellow... its chronic. meaning you got it either when u are still a child through blood transfusion either when ur mom was about to birth you and the blood was not screen enough. in the 1990s they hardly screen blood for herpetites and this gave a sharp rise.

for adult... hepatitis b pose little as the immune system will destroy it instantly it get to the body @95/99% of the time an adult is infected. but for children they have low immune system that's why every child get vaccinated at birth since 2004.

As for the cure... no herbal drugs can kill a virus don't let anyone tell you that.
while right now there are some trial drugs they are developing to cure it and within 10 years from now they will find a drug.
Although there is a drug that is giving 30/40% success rate and it will soon be on sale within 3 years from now.

before jumping at treatment which involves taking tenofovir... please ensure that the hbv is active and it is in millions before u take drugs... don't allow any doctor force u to take drugs.. because all this Nigerian doctors have little knowledge on hbv because if you start taking it, u won't stop it else it will resist it in future

someone said drink water... water cannot flush a chronic hbv no matter how u take it.. its only when it's acute you can increase intake of water to help healing process but in chronic it won't affect anything

lastly don't drink any herbal drugs as it can complication things... herpetites b won't kill you so don't fear unless it multiply in millions or hundred of millions (HBeAg positive) and start destroying the liver without u knowing and it takes 20 to 30 years to destroy someone liver and also lifestyle like alcohol intake also contribute how fast it destroy.

Remember to check the HBeAg weather it is positive or not... you can know that through hbv panel test and it is 10k in most lab.

Good evening doctor, from your comments I know you are either a hepatologist or gastroenterologist. I myself is a hepatitis B patient. I became aware of the virus in 2012 after developing serious symptoms such as yellowish eyes, edema, ascites, fever etc. After I was diagnosed of the virus, I was admitted and lamivudine, b complex were prescribed for me for one month and a drug neomicin (I could not remember its name). From there, I was discharged and stopped taking any drug. Then in 2019, I developed liver cirrhosis with upper gastroentistinal bleeding. From there I underwent endoscopy 15 times and banding 8 times. Now I was placed on propranolol 40mg once daily. I did profile test, the surface antigen (HBsAg) is negative but I can't remember the status of my HBeAg. I have been doing LFT, sometimes the results came out normal and sometimes it is not normal. As for viral load, I have never done it so I don't know the status. Please sir, how do I know whether I still have the virus or not because I was told having HBsAg negative doesn't mean that I am free of the virus.
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by Westman001: 6:26pm On Jul 31, 2023
adisabarber:

Hepatitis is a killer. Just thank God it was detected. That is a blessing in disguise

Hepatitis (A/B/C) is not a killer. Stop scaring the young man.

In fact there is cure for C and A,, which means the cure for B would not take too long to be available.
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by faithfull18(f): 6:29pm On Jul 31, 2023
Urbaninspire:

Alright, get a test done yourself to be sure the diagnosis is correct, if it is, keep moving, the key is never to give up until you get what you want and standing on God's promises. You are encouraged, as long as there's life, there's always hope for a better tomorrow🤗
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by fastseo: 6:32pm On Jul 31, 2023
Amayabor1:

It seems you are only looking at chronic infection. A patient who has a positive HBsAg can develop acute liver failure even if HbeAg is negative at the time of testing.

for you to develop active liver damage, then the virus should be running into hundred of thousands to millions to hundreds of millions.

most patients with HBeAg negative have viral load of just 100, 500 to few thousand and as such they are far less likely to have liver damage.

what I mean here is that most of them have low viral DNA levels(<104 copies/ml).

But they must at least do liver scan and also LFT once in a year and from data from a non profit organisation in the UK.. which shows that as long as there is no Co-infection, as long as there is normal ast n alt reading normal value then that individual is less likely to have liver damage.

like i said liver damage don't happen over night... because the liver is able to regenerate and can regrown if damage to over 70%. and it takes 20 to 30 years for hbv to do huge damage to the liver n once u are doing this check up once in a year.. 'you should spot it and take action to reverse it.

We have seen a situation where a person has viral load of 50 millions to 100 millions with no single liver damage and as soon they are placed on tenofovir the viral load drop to undetectable level within 6 months

the most important thing is to be positive.... fear brings a lot of woes... after all people are dying of cancer, malaria etc hvb is not something that takes life....today today.. 'it takes years of non detection n once detected then you are fine.

let's give people hope... don't scare them thinking they will die today.... I repeat hope to remain positive n live for Tomorrow
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by Urbaninspire(f): 6:37pm On Jul 31, 2023
fastseo:
I know it's herpetites B. and most jobs here in Nigeria and Arab countries do discriminate about it and won't employ you if you test positive to it and that's very bad.

well for now just go to the hospital and do a hapertitis B profile and check if your HBeAg is positive or not. if positive then its active but if negative is inactive which means you have no fear of harm.

then secondly you do a viral load test to know the amount in your blood.

then you do a liver scan and also liver function tests.

note: if the HBeAg is negative n viral load is often low like few thousands to hundreds.. you won't need any medication or take any drugs . 80 to 95% of hapertitis b patients are just like this that's why u hardly see someone complaining of liver damage as you can find in kidney damage.

next avoid alcohol, delete it from your menu. stop eating meat as it is to heavy to break down by liver, stop eating fried food or stuff.

eat fruit, vegetables and stuff that are cooked. and stop eating junk.

test members of your family to check if anyone has it and if no then vaccinate everyone.

for Now you should know you have chronic herpetites b.. its definitely not acute.. anyone that just go for test and found out with suprise without eye turning yellow... its chronic. meaning you got it either when u are still a child through blood transfusion either when ur mom was about to birth you and the blood was not screen enough. in the 1990s they hardly screen blood for herpetites and this gave a sharp rise.

for adult... hepatitis b pose little as the immune system will destroy it instantly it get to the body @95/99% of the time an adult is infected. but for children they have low immune system that's why every child get vaccinated at birth since 2004.

As for the cure... no herbal drugs can kill a virus don't let anyone tell you that.
while right now there are some trial drugs they are developing to cure it and within 10 years from now they will find a drug.
Although there is a drug that is giving 30/40% success rate and it will soon be on sale within 3 years from now.

before jumping at treatment which involves taking tenofovir... please ensure that the hbv is active and it is in millions before u take drugs... don't allow any doctor force u to take drugs.. because all this Nigerian doctors have little knowledge on hbv because if you start taking it, u won't stop it else it will resist it in future

someone said drink water... water cannot flush a chronic hbv no matter how u take it.. its only when it's acute you can increase intake of water to help healing process but in chronic it won't affect anything

lastly don't drink any herbal drugs as it can complication things... herpetites b won't kill you so don't fear unless it multiply in millions or hundred of millions (HBeAg positive) and start destroying the liver without u knowing and it takes 20 to 30 years to destroy someone liver and also lifestyle like alcohol intake also contribute how fast it destroy.

Remember to check the HBeAg weather it is positive or not... you can know that through hbv panel test and it is 10k in most lab.

Thanks so much for the detailed explanation,I already know about the infection prior to this job testing,I went to a doctor that prescribed lamifudine (something like that)so I bought the drugs but when I started taking it,I had Rashes all over my chest and the doctor said I should stop,then I did some liver function tests,my liver was ok,I didn't understand the hepatitis thing because there no syptoms or anything,I didn't even know I will still test positive to it again

Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by Amayabor1: 6:45pm On Jul 31, 2023
fastseo:

for you to develop active liver damage, then the virus should be running into hundred of thousands to millions to hundreds of millions.

most patients with HBeAg negative have viral load of just 100, 500 to few thousand and as such they are far less likely to have liver damage.

what I mean here is that most of them have low viral DNA levels(<104 copies/ml).

But they must at least do liver scan and also LFT once in a year and from data from a non profit organisation in the UK.. which shows that as long as there is no Co-infection, as long as there is normal ast n alt reading normal value then that individual is less likely to have liver damage.

like i said liver damage don't happen over night... because the liver is able to regenerate and can regrown if damage to over 70%. and it takes 20 to 30 years for hbv to do huge damage to the liver n once u are doing this check up once in a year.. 'you should spot it and take action to reverse it.

We have seen a situation where a person has viral load of 50 millions to 100 millions with no single liver damage and as soon they are placed on tenofovir the viral load drop to undetectable level within 6 months

the most important thing is to be positive.... fear brings a lot of woes... after all people are dying of cancer, malaria etc hvb is not something that takes life....today today.. 'it takes years of non detection n once detected then you are fine.

let's give people hope... don't scare them thinking they will die today.... I repeat hope to remain positive n live for Tomorrow

This is false. Hepatitis B virus is not a cytotoxic virus, that means, the virus doesn't injury to the liver. What actually causes injury to the liver is the person's immune response to the virus. In an attempt to kill the virus, the immune system also kill normal liver cells. So, you are wrong when you say for a patient to develop acute liver failure, the virus must be running into hundreds of thousands or millions. Few hundreds or tens of the virus can trigger an immune response and with such immune response, acute liver damage can occur.
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by UtuokeAlcoholic: 6:45pm On Jul 31, 2023
Amayabor1:

Point of correction;

If HbeAg is negative, it doesn't necessarily mean there is no cause for alarm.
Good evening doctor, from your comments I know you are either a hepatologist or gastroenterologist. I myself is a hepatitis B patient. I became aware of the virus in 2012 after developing serious symptoms such as yellowish eyes, edema, ascites, fever etc. After I was diagnosed of the virus, I was admitted and lamivudine, b complex were prescribed for me for one month and a drug neomicin (I could not remember its name). From there, I was discharged and stopped taking any drug. Then in 2019, I developed liver cirrhosis with upper gastroentistinal bleeding. From there I underwent endoscopy 15 times and banding 8 times. Now I was placed on propranolol 40mg once daily. I did profile test, the surface antigen (HBsAg) is negative but I can't remember the status of my HBeAg. I have been doing LFT, sometimes the results came out normal and sometimes it is not normal. As for viral load, I have never done it so I don't know the status. Please sir, how do I know whether I still have the virus or not because I was told having HBsAg negative doesn't mean that I am free of the virus.
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by fastseo: 6:49pm On Jul 31, 2023
UtuokeAlcoholic:

you shouldn't have stop the medication... its for life because once you stop the virus multiply quickly and start their havoc.

a loss of HBsAg or where the test shows negative means you are free.

run an anti-HBs test to confirm and if positive it means you are free.
a loss of HBsAg gives rise to HBsAb as both can't be positive at same time

go to another lab and run another test
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by dannex4adx(m): 6:53pm On Jul 31, 2023
Urbaninspire:
I am so depressed at the moment,I passed the first stage, second stage interview,it was a success then I got the invite for the premedical and I failed the medical tests because I have hepatitis,I don't know how hepatitis got into my blood stream,I don't know what to do again,is just 2 much for my head...I need encouragement

Go and confirm from another lab
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by fastseo: 6:56pm On Jul 31, 2023
Amayabor1:

This is false. Hepatitis B virus is not a cytotoxic virus, that means, the virus doesn't injury to the liver. What actually causes injury to the liver is the person's immune response to the virus. In an attempt to kill the virus, the immune system also kill normal liver cells. So, you are wrong when you say for a patient to develop acute liver failure, the virus must be running into hundreds of thousands or millions. Few hundreds or tens of the virus can trigger an immune response and with such immune response, acute liver damage can occur.

I understand that Nigerian doctors will first scare patients before trying to help that patients get better.

https://www.hepbpositive.org.uk/understanding-viral-loads

Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by Ofemmanu1: 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
post=124784534:
#NeverGiveUp

Talking about the Hepatitis,
Below is a very good way to start flushing it out of your system.....
Increase the amount of actual water that you drink during a 24 hour day.
Water helps flush the chemicals and poisons out of your body.
To find out how much water you should drink in a 24 hour period: take your body weight in Kg and divide it by 2.
This equals how many ounces of water you should drink each day.

And definitely you have to still consult your Physician,

Treatment for chronic hepatitis B may include: Antiviral medications.
Several antiviral medicines — including entecavir (Baraclude), tenofovir (Viread), lamivudine (Epivir), adefovir (Hepsera) and telbivudine — can help fight the virus and slow its ability to damage your liver.
These drugs are taken by mouth.

Again , consult your before going for any of the above antiviral medicines 💊.

It will end in praise for you by God's Grace.

Go and SUCCEED.

Oga, you dey craze ni?!

I weighed 100kgs, so I should be drinking 50kgs or 50lts of water daily?!

haba mana?
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by jameshow: 7:14pm On Jul 31, 2023
Urbaninspire:

So sorry bro.

I know how you feel. And the funniest thing is there is no medical treatment for it.

However, there is herb treatment. You can contact me
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by maasoap(m): 7:17pm On Jul 31, 2023
Nursepepeye:
They don't want to give you the Job, it can be treated and resume your job if they want to

Hepatitis has no cure but can be managed for a lifetime so that it doesn't damage the liver. But were they right to disqualify him because of that? That sounds like discrimination
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by maasoap(m): 7:23pm On Jul 31, 2023
UtuokeAlcoholic:

The same mistake my brother made and in his own case, it cost him his life after all the going up and down
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:25pm On Jul 31, 2023
Acidosis:

Always writing with intelligence wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by maasoap(m): 7:27pm On Jul 31, 2023
phemmyfour:
what if your partner isn't faithful , married people dey get HIV now
What if she got it before the husband? What if her husband doesn't have it? Be careful of what you say!
Re: I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests by Nursepepeye(f): 7:28pm On Jul 31, 2023
Hope1986:
Said by who? It is one of there criteria . Non of paramilitary can take you if you have hepatitis B or C. They are more careful about it than HIV . If it chronic , you can only manage it but cannot cure. Any organization can have it as there criteria
we don ear you, so Hpb is now a death sentence right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is There Any Advantage Of Having A HSE Certificate? / Where Are The Great Microbiologist And Their Jobs: Advice,ideas And Experience / Professions That Harbor Secrets The Most

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.