Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? - Fashion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? (48504 Views)

What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) / How Girls Sleep When They Make New Hair Style (pic) / Sexy Mini Dress! Which Style Do You Like Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by dominique(f): 7:33pm On Dec 09, 2009
coiled braids aka water-mellon
took 41/2 hours and hurts likes hell cry
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 09, 2009
dominique:

The power of a man.
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by mukina2: 10:40pm On Dec 09, 2009
dominique:

lol style name water melon too? grin grin grin

@ topic
curly braids, 3-4 hours cuz i kept getting up grin
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by mamagee3(f): 3:06am On Dec 10, 2009
I have my real hair on. tongue
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by Sissy3(f): 1:54am On Dec 19, 2009
has anyone here tried TREE BRAIDS AKA INVISIBLE BRAIDS?

any experience with it?
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by iice(f): 2:40pm On Dec 20, 2009
Sissy, what do they look like?

@Topic
Nothing jare. . .its just hanging down undecided The best i can do these days is to wear a head band grin
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by yme1(f): 6:21pm On Dec 20, 2009
just my natural hair
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by Sissy3(f): 2:09am On Dec 21, 2009
@ iice

something like this. cant find some really nice pics. i heard it wasnt for those with long hair due to damage, which i have so was wondering whether anyone with long or even short have tired it

[img]http://images.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=tbn&q=http://www.nonyehairbraiding.com/nonye/studio/images/15/img_2533.jpg&usg=AFQjCNFHqAn7PROP3fwSDropWDFrV75yeA[/img]

[img]http://images.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=tbn&q=http://3.bp..com/_Q9kTR4y9fsA/RlJww85LVNI/AAAAAAAAAH4/-dLB6guhgdo/s400/Wet%2Band%2BWavy%2BTree%2BBraids%2B4.JPG&usg=AFQjCNGgbjIFEqCROX3kdIGcT6WSy00SqQ[/img]

[img]http://www.nonyehairbraiding.com/nonye/studio/images/15/img_2522.jpg/[/img]

Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by iice(f): 12:57pm On Dec 21, 2009
Sissy, thanks alot! They look really beautiful. But isn't that what we call pick and drop back home? I've never done those coz well like you said long hair and all, usually my hair is long when i'm in the mood to braid, so i have to stick with box braids.

@Topic. . .my hair is beginning to look like a weave grin My roots are already long again and i want to lay off the straightening for the meantime. . .back to braids or something undecided
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by Sissy3(f): 10:08pm On Dec 21, 2009
iice thanks alot!!!. i never knew dat was what they were called shocked shocked never tried it so couldn't know the many names for it. u just saved me the stress! probably wouldnt be doing it coz ma hair is longer than the required length of the pick n drop. thanks dear!
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 21, 2009
No ladies its not pick and drop, basically the hair is conrowed and the extensions are added but the extensions are left out instead of woven into your natural hair so basically its like a weave without sewing smiley. I have done it, its ok but doesnt really last 4wks max and most of these useless salons will charge an arm and a leg for it.
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by Sissy3(f): 10:36pm On Dec 21, 2009
thanks Ebonyeyes! know it cost alot and it seems it will take forever to finish. my butt cant stand anotha 12hrs on a sit N ma is hair pretty big. double whammy! embarassed i think i will pass on dat hair
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by ebinom(f): 11:23pm On Dec 21, 2009
does anyone know how to attach pictures to a post?thanks grin
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by chiogo(f): 11:35pm On Dec 21, 2009
^When posting, just click on the icon that says "browse". From there you pick the picture which is already saved on your computer. Select it and it'll be attached to your post.

@topic - My hair in a pony tail. 2 secs? tongue
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by ebinom(f): 11:38pm On Dec 21, 2009
chiogo:

^When posting, just click on the icon that says "browse". From there you pick the picture which is already saved on your computer. Select it and it'll be attached to your post.

@topic - My hair in a pony tail. 2 secs? tongue

thank you! kiss
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by MrCrackles(m): 11:40pm On Dec 21, 2009
Topic. . .
Clean Low Cut - One and Half - With Double Borders and A Lil Star Carved In. . . .
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by ebinom(f): 11:41pm On Dec 21, 2009
went natural not too long ago so i literally take a few seconds to put product in my hair and am out the door grin grin
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by chiogo(f): 11:42pm On Dec 21, 2009
ebinom:

thank you! kiss
No problem.  smiley
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by Nobody: 12:32am On Dec 22, 2009
Babes it doesnt take that long to do, I think I was done in 5hrs and thats because my Friends was doing my hair, eating, talking on the phone and cleaning the house at the same time angry angry angry grin grin grin.
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by mamagee3(f): 2:59am On Dec 22, 2009
I have a brown wig on and it took about 2 hrs to fix it. tongue
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by iice(f): 11:16am On Dec 22, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

No ladies its not pick and drop, basically the hair is conrowed and the extensions are added but the extensions are left out instead of woven into your natural hair so basically its like a weave without sewing smiley. I have done it, its ok but doesnt really last 4wks max and most of these useless salons will charge an arm and a leg for it.

So the extensions are braided into the cornrows?
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 22, 2009
Similar to Ghana conrows where as you weave, you add extensions but instead of them to continue weaving the extension into the conrow, they leave it out.  smiley So your hair is conrowed but the extensions are left out.
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by iice(f): 12:03pm On Dec 22, 2009
Interesting. . .i will have to try that. . .
Thanks! smiley
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by madlady(f): 1:50pm On Dec 22, 2009
sad

Does anyone know if cornrows can cause migraine.

I cornrow the top of my head from time to time, never had a problem before, but for some reason this time I am having bad headaches.

The cornrows are not so tight or tiny so not sure why the pain this time.

Could it be because I foolishly had my hair highlighted recently?
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 22, 2009
@Madlady, maybe the conrow is tight but you have built resistance to it so you may not feel the tightness but your brain does. Thats all I could come up with smiley.
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by madlady(f): 3:25pm On Dec 22, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

@Madlady, maybe the conrow is tight but you have built resistance to it so you may not feel the tightness but your brain does. Thats all I could come up with smiley.

grin grin grin grin grin

You girl are very funny, but you really could be talking the truth.

When I 1st used to do them it made my eyes go up at the corners tongue, but I never feel anything now.

Just wondering if it's the highlights I had done last week, just did it for a bit of fun. Or maybe It's because of the weight of my hair, I have grown my hair longer than I normally do so may be the added length causing what little brain I have to fight back tongue tongue tongue.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 22, 2009
madlady:

grin grin grin grin grin

You girl are very funny sha, but you really could be talking the truth.

When I 1st used to do them it made my eyes go up at the corners tongue, but I never feel anything now.

Just wondering if it's the highlights I had done last week, just did it for a bit of fun. Or maybe It's because of the weight of my hair, I have grown my hair longer than I normally do so may be the added length causing what little brain I have to fight back tongue tongue tongue.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Chinese facelift abi? I dont like conrows because it gives me headache and tears out the edges of the hair. Maybe you are allergic to the highlight formula hmmm just keep watching yourself for a few more days and it persists go and see the doctor.
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by madlady(f): 4:03pm On Dec 22, 2009
Thanks hun, wink I will  loose them out if it continues. But as for this highlight, the dang thing makes me look like a hooci-mamma.
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 22, 2009
Well call it youthful exuberance, haha we all do crazy shit to ourselves in the name of fashion or beauty. Dont dye your hair again o! I hear it facilitates the greying process sad
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 22, 2009
My hair. . . .permed. . . . and bobbed

took me an hour or so sha
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by dominique(f): 8:53pm On Dec 23, 2009
mukina2:

lol style name water melon too? grin grin grin

yup, thats what we call call it (dont ask me how they got the name) cheesy

@ topic
curly braids, 3-4 hours cuz i kept getting up grin

methinks its the same thing, my braids curls from root to tips smiley
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by mukina2: 12:53pm On Jan 08, 2010
^
lol grin

@ topic
my own hair shocked permed. 20/30mins grin

lol my own hair style combed last for two days only.

going to braid today grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Vanessa Ponce De Leon Wins Miss World 2018 (photos) / Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" / Plus-Sized Nigerian Ladies Dance In Bikini As They Contest For Miss Body Of Art

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.