Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,302 members, 7,881,110 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:41 PM

Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan (42367 Views)

Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare / Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! / Photos: Pastor Bakare's Surprise Birthday Celebration At Church And SNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by antitpiah: 3:49pm On Aug 06, 2012
O.D.B.:

go and be dirty some where else

We welcome your contribution here on www..

We Yorubas will go somewhere else. we dont belong here on an Ibo website.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by edicolove: 3:49pm On Aug 06, 2012
crackhouse: Nigerians na wa o. Make una leave this pastor alone nah. The man is saying the truth and u guys are here talking what i don't know. How many of u will be courageous enough to tell the govt their sins? Even in the bible john the baptist spoke against the evil people in govt then so what the heck are u guys talking about?.

Last time I checked, John the baptist was not a political party candidate seeking for power and John did not insult them and their families. He spoke against the system. Noble men don't insult leaders and their families even in the times of war. Only men without honour do that

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 3:49pm On Aug 06, 2012
ifeci: I think this analysis makes sense sha. Even though he is a pastor, he is human and a Nigerian so he has the right to make his own contributions of which I think that the write up/analysis makes a lot of sense.

Probably half of it for me.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 06, 2012
have come to realize that some posters on nairaland read only the title of a thread before they comment rubbish angry
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by edicolove: 3:52pm On Aug 06, 2012
crackhouse: Nigerians na wa o. Make una leave this pastor alone nah. The man is saying the truth and u guys are here talking what i don't know. How many of u will be courageous enough to tell the govt their sins? Even in the bible john the baptist spoke against the evil people in govt then so what the heck are u guys talking about?.

Last time I checked, John the baptist was not a political party candidate seeking for power and John did not insult them and their families. He spoke against the system. Noble men don't insult leaders and their families even in the time of war. Only men without honour do that
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 06, 2012
ifihearam:

What useless awareness are you talking about??if he wants to be a full politician,let him leave the church and concentrate on politics then we can see reasons but as at now he is just making a fool of himself,I pity the church members.

If people like you were in charge, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton woulda been history.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by warrior01: 3:53pm On Aug 06, 2012
hallengray:
you're a big fool.
truth hurts but will surely set you free
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 3:54pm On Aug 06, 2012
kingoflag:

If people like you were in charge, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton woulda been history.

I would also get rid of those two myself if I had the power. grin But Yes, your point is on mark!

I just don't like those two guys . . .
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by edicolove: 3:56pm On Aug 06, 2012
edicolove: Too many contradictions and blunders in Bakare's statements:

1. From his message, the poor cannot attain greatness. They are disqualified by their poverty.
2. He admitted that God put GEJ there but he still contested against him. Did he just discover God put him there or did he try to go against God's will when he contested against GEJ?
3. He claimed the Niger Delta benefited from pre colonial Nigeria but forgot that the North and south west has harvested billions of dollars from the investment since the 70s. IBB alone siphoned $12 billion during the gulf oil windfall. And over this same period, the ND has been totally devastated. The regions he is talking about were not devastated but rather developed to an extent. So how long and how much does it take to pay back?
4. He said Lord Lugard did not form Nigeria and quoted a bible passage that God forms the boundary of Nations. So what happened to nations that have divided and are still dividing ( USSR, Germany, Sudan, Ethiopia, etc). Did God not form their boundaries or has God changed his mind? If the later is true, can God not change his mind then on Nigeria?

The last man that spoke like this was Obama's former pastor who Obama had to distance himself from. He almost cost Obama his election because Americans don't tolerate stuff like this.

Funny how some say Tunde Bakare is a true man of God more than other Pastors but the last time I checked, Pastor Adegoye has triggered the building of a whole new city, transforming millions in the process. Pastor Oyedepo is building what is practically an new world class city inside Nigeria. If you step into Canaan Land, you will be awed what you will see. Absolutely visionary development that was built purely by Nigerians. You might not like the guy, but you cannot deny his ingenuity. These men don't talk much. What you see about them on the papers are journalists trying to make news off them but they are inspiring and leading millions to greatness and generating more jobs than some state governments in Nigeria. I have never seen any thing that Bakare has done for society apart from criticisms. At least Gani criticized and put his words to action. Talk they say is cheap! Smh!
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by inquisitiv: 3:56pm On Aug 06, 2012
I'm going to comment again in Nairaland, something I hardly do. I can see some people playing the Niger-Delta ethnic card here to wipe up ethnic sentiments...stupid and absolutely stupid. I can see some playing d religion card viz-a-viz a pastor speaking out against evil government...more stupid and I can see some playing d gender card cos a rightly annoyed man spoke up against a greedy, indolent & insanely corrupt woman....and I agree with him dat paupers, poor men steal without conscience when given access to wealth and power. Its a mentality disease that exists among the poor. Its a fact.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by omidan21: 3:57pm On Aug 06, 2012
warrior01: Tis now quite obvious that tunde bakare is obsessed with denigrading Gej and his family not even minding that it is the same God he claims he is serving that put Gej there. He no more cares about the spiritual wellbeing of his members but he is busy sowing seeds of discord and hatred in their hearts all in the name of politics and it doesn't take rocket science for any reasonable person to discern this. Is God happy with him? The answer is NO cos he is presently not Christ like.
.what are u saying.point of correction God didn't put jonathan dere.its we nigerians,I mean d foolish en gullible one amongst us nigerians that voted him into power put him dere en now d whole nation is suffering for it.pls leave God out of dese,that's why this nation can never move forward,we hang on God's neck all d foolishness en stupidness we ourselves committ with our own hands.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by omidan21: 3:57pm On Aug 06, 2012
warrior01: Tis now quite obvious that tunde bakare is obsessed with denigrading Gej and his family not even minding that it is the same God he claims he is serving that put Gej there. He no more cares about the spiritual wellbeing of his members but he is busy sowing seeds of discord and hatred in their hearts all in the name of politics and it doesn't take rocket science for any reasonable person to discern this. Is God happy with him? The answer is NO cos he is presently not Christ like.
.what are u saying.point of correction God didn't put jonathan dere.its we nigerians,I mean d foolish en gullible one amongst us nigerians that voted him into power put him dere en now d whole nation is suffering for it.pls leave God out of dese,that's why this nation can never move forward,we hang on God's neck all d foolishness en stupidness we ourselves committ with our own hands.instead of us all facing the truth en d fact and tackling it
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 06, 2012
Bakare is a muslim and a northerner. he is only fronting xtianity. QED. Never take this guy serios.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Epalos: 3:58pm On Aug 06, 2012
Checkout how many oil wells in Nigeria and see how many of them are in Yoruba land,the oil money you are freeloading on is pumped out mostly from yoruba land. not a single drop of oil is coming from ibo land.
O.D.B.:

then start drilling and subsidizing the oil in Oduah republic if you can get tinibu to at least share some of it.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by icez: 3:59pm On Aug 06, 2012
inquisitiv: I'm going to comment again in Nairaland, something I hardly do. I can see some people playing the Niger-Delta ethnic card here to wipe up ethnic sentiments...stupid and absolutely stupid. I can see some playing d religion card viz-a-viz a pastor speaking out against evil government...more stupid and I can see some playing d gender card cos a rightly annoyed man spoke up against a greedy, indolent & insanely corrupt woman....and I agree with him dat paupers, poor men steal without conscience when given access to wealth and power. Its a mentality disease that exists among the poor. Its a fact.

shut up.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 06, 2012
Acelifted: There is a big difference between speaking the truth and speaking at the right time and in the right way. When Jesus was asked what to do with the woman caught in adultery, He was not haste to respond neither did He respond the way you and I would have. The most ready reply was to tell them to and get the man she was caught in the act with. Needless to say that His answer achieved the best result.

Pastor Bakare may be speaking the truth but the acrimony and resentment underlying his messages betrays a bitterness that has not been dealt with. To use God's pulpit to get back at the people God ordained you to pray for is sacrilege.

First off, hypocrite, Pastor Bakare is not Jesus.

Second, isn't it the same Jesus who (when he could no longer bear that People were as dense in the head as a lot of you) took matters into his own hands and went one-man-gang on those that had turned the Temple to a Market place?

So what are you trying to sell us, buddy?!

Nigerians, your temple has been desecrated and turned into a market place, and until you take matters into your hands, you will no doubt suffer in great numbers for generations to come!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Epalos: 4:02pm On Aug 06, 2012
You have my undivided attention, but you can always bring out your clones to help you out.
O.D.B.:

go and be dirty some where else
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Kunlebabs375: 4:03pm On Aug 06, 2012
grin smiley
inquisitiv: I'm going to comment again in Nairaland, something I hardly do. I can see some people playing the Niger-Delta ethnic card here to wipe up ethnic sentiments...stupid and absolutely stupid. I can see some playing d religion card viz-a-viz a pastor speaking out against evil government...more stupid and I can see some playing d gender card cos a rightly annoyed man spoke up against a greedy, indolent & insanely corrupt woman....and I agree with him dat paupers, poor men steal without conscience when given access to wealth and power. Its a mentality disease that exists among the poor. Its a fact.

if you are his church member, I dont know but the truth must be told. I pity the life of the follower of Tunde Bakare. It's a pity that you dont know that you are all lost already. What good will you say you are doing this country. If Mr Tunde Bakare feels that he can rule this country, then he is a big JOKER
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by warrior01: 4:04pm On Aug 06, 2012
omidan21: .what are u saying.point of correction God didn't put jonathan dere.its we nigerians,I mean d foolish en gullible one amongst us nigerians that voted him into power put him dere en now d whole nation is suffering for it.pls leave God out of dese,that's why this nation can never move forward,we hang on God's neck all d foolishness en stupidness we ourselves committ with our own hands.instead of us all facing the truth en d fact and tackling it
But ur pastor/politician acknowledged it or has he lied again?
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by edicolove: 4:06pm On Aug 06, 2012
Bible prophets were not the people's activists.

1. They spoke God's will for the people, not the people's will. It wasn't a democracy
2. Their message was always to the whole country, not the leaders. The principle was that if the people repent, God will bring a change. If the people repented and the leaders refused, the change will normally include a change in leadership.
3. Prophets were never petty and never personalised their messages. They were honorable men.
4. In fact, there was a different anointing for prophets, kings and priests.

Which one is Bakare right now?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by shineeye1: 4:07pm On Aug 06, 2012
This man called Bakare has completely gone berserk. He has gone out of control. Yet he claims to be God's minister. If those quotes credited to him are authentic, then those still fellowshipping with him have become pastures under a strayed shepherd. Any unbiased mind can clearly see that Bakare has put aside all decorum, abandoned objectivity and descended into dirty sarcasm. What should make a "man of God" to be using rotten derogatory terms against a President to the extent of abusing his background and family? Is he insulting man or God? Should the poor even be insulted? If a so called pastor can do this, what will the misguided members do? The degree of decay in this man calls for serious concern. It is a pity that his members would continue to urge him on rather than recall him from insanity to the path of order.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 4:10pm On Aug 06, 2012
omidan21: .what are u saying.point of correction God didn't put jonathan dere.its we nigerians,[b]I mean d foolish en gullible one amongst us nigerians that voted him into power put him dere en now d whole nation is suffering for it.pls leave God out of dese,that's why this nation can never move forward,we hang on God's neck all d foolishness en stupidness we ourselves committ with our own hands.[/b]instead of us all facing the truth en d fact and tackling it

LOL .. .. I completely understand what you mean, but I think the man is saying that since there are those who want to believe that God gave him to them, that they should understand what even God does with those he has annointed. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Mrchippychappy(m): 4:14pm On Aug 06, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

A world war 2 poster says "careless talk cost lives" . Pastor (If he's still one) Tunde Bakare had better listen to the words of that poster because sooner or later his QUEST for total anarchy and bloodshed in Nigeria would finally come to fruition and when it does, it would swallow the whole country and this time the impact would be felt by everyone (including him and his league of anarchists) . For now he can keep hiding behind the "Activist" pseudonym he has created but when the time comes and when he finally drags Nigerians back from Civilization and Tolerance and into total animosity and chaos he should know that he would be paid in kind for his "contribution" . THIS TIME AROUND HE WOULD BE TOUCHED directly or indirectly , This is the same man that cost YOUTH CORPERS their lives in the North with his violent "WILD WILD NORTH " rhetoric and now he is back again , Apparently he has no sympathy for the grieving families of those corpers. I just don't understand why a PASTOR would spread FEAR , HATRED and DIVISION in Nigeria through false insinuations and propaganda. C'mon you lost the 2011 election because you had little or no campaign in the South East or South South and when the people from that region tuned into their TV all they could see was Buhari making Violent gestures and Rhetoric with his spear on the podium and yet Bakare in his "power hungry" delusion felt he could cajole the people from those regions to vote in that BARBARIAN buhari just because Bakare was his running mate. You lost , get over it . A pastor should build PEACE in a nation .We are talking about Ogoni Republic he is talking about Niger Delta republic , Jonathans wife as prime minister of Niger delta republic ..Haba how low can this "man of God" go

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by edicolove: 4:14pm On Aug 06, 2012

Maybe you didn't read the article before you commented.

1. It is Bakare that brought up the ethnic card. He attacked a section of Nigeria and defended another section

2. He also brought up the religion card. He said with his own mouth that God put GEJ there.

Maybe you shouldn't have posted since you didn't read or didn't understand the article.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by inquisitiv: 4:14pm On Aug 06, 2012
I'm not his follower, I don't like his buhari, I dislike CPC, but d man brought up salient points and some dumb fellows who don't understand that their lives r being messed up by these vagabonds in power are talking tribe, religion, gender and what BS have u. I still say that the actions of GEJ is typical when poor men SUDDENLY see demselves in power. When a poor man WORKS HARD, his behaviour is different. In general, dis grab all mentality is common among the poor and dat is why most people reason on dat base level.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by comradefery: 4:17pm On Aug 06, 2012
Kpac: Passion and Pain.....
For the true compatriots of this country,what tunde bakare has said would makes so much sense and to the others,laugh it off.
There are still some Nigerians who love this country with everything in them.....Tunde bakare,I salute you.
Between 7pm and 7am this morning,like every other day,thousands of my brothers,sistes,uncles and aunties are robbed,raped,killed,beaten,kidnapped and other taken for rituals....No protection from their president,no passion either from the first lady....
The number of prostitutes we have this year is almost twice of last year,yet they still struggle to make ends meet......Yet the first lady doesn't concern herself with their existence.
By God's grace,the Jeroboam and his cabinets would soon become history of painful memories.
I know a Psychiatrist who can handle your situation very well, he's already preparing to commence treatment on Tunde Bakare!
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by tpapi: 4:21pm On Aug 06, 2012
So dis mad dog is rantin
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by TechRev: 4:24pm On Aug 06, 2012
kingoflag:

First off, hypocrite, Pastor Bakare is not Jesus.

Second, isn't it the same Jesus who (when he could no longer bear that People were as dense in the head as a lot of you) took matters into his own hands and went one-man-gang on those that had turned the Temple to a Market place?

So what are you trying to sell us, buddy?!

Nigerians, your temple has been desecrated and turned into a market place, and until you take matters into your hands, you will no doubt suffer in great numbers for generations to come!

If Jesus did this to ppl that turned the temple to market place?? What will he say to pastors that turned the temple to political launchpad? Was it Jesus that said my "my kingdom is not of this world" when the people expected him to liberate them from the Romans??
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by edicolove: 4:24pm On Aug 06, 2012
inquisitiv: I'm not his follower, I don't like his buhari, I dislike CPC, but d man brought up salient points and some dumb fellows who don't understand that their lives r being messed up by these vagabonds in power are talking tribe, religion, gender and what BS have u. I still say that the actions of GEJ is typical when poor men SUDDENLY see demselves in power. When a poor man WORKS HARD, his behaviour is different. In general, dis grab all mentality is common among the poor and dat is why most people reason on dat base level.

What salient points did he bring up?

That the poor cannot rise to greatness? That the north and south west should continue to harvest ND because they invested their money there pre colonial days? That Nigeria was formed by God and nations cannot split because they are formed by God? That he realised that GEJ was put there by God but still contested against him? I am trying to find real points here, seriously. To find any facts in his message is even harder. Please show me the points, abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by manmade(m): 4:30pm On Aug 06, 2012
naturalwaves: Hahahahahahaha U make me laugh.Common sense should av told u that,this is a very busy topic and as such,before I paste my comments,others would av pasted something else.I don't blame u though cos someone once said that COMMON SENSE IS NOT A COMMON COMMODITY IN ANY GIVEN COMMUNITY.Moreover,please for goodness sake,don't tell me u are a grad cos if u are,u should cover ur face in shame.Call any primary school kid around U to help correct d grammatical flaws in ur comment.Too bad!
No, i'm a primary sch leaver i'm not a graduate like you with such low IQ that u don't even know how to use a computer & check your quoted post above even from your 1st sentence does it look like something from a grad. I'm sure my niece in nursery 1 wld do better than this.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Epalos: 4:33pm On Aug 06, 2012
Go n hang urself oponu ayirada.
divine2043: Bakare is a muslim and a northerner. he is only fronting xtianity. QED. Never take this guy serios.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by kkool0411: 4:33pm On Aug 06, 2012
Fellow nigerians,
We need to understand that this is not the̶̲̥̅̊ time to flex our muscles against one another but to handle issues objectively. When Turai A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ the̶̲̥̅̊ cabals held onto power then,this man (Pastor Bakare) came out to publicly criticise them until GEJ became the̶̲̥̅̊ Acting Presido with SNG under Pastor Bakare's campaign.

Now,our once upon a time shoeless Presido is doing the̶̲̥̅̊ wrong thing A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ we all pretended as if nothing is happening.........hmmnnn!!!!!!! I pity our generation.

It is time for us to wake up rather than castigating the̶̲̥̅̊ man. God will not come down from heaven to do things for us........ Let us leave the̶̲̥̅̊ aspect of Tunde Bakare being a Pastor or a Politician A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ let fight for our freedom from these selfish A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ visionless leaders.

U̶̲̥̅̊ A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ I might be rich but by the̶̲̥̅̊ time the̶̲̥̅̊ people in the̶̲̥̅̊ slums A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ leaving under the̶̲̥̅̊ bridges have nothing to eat, they might come after us........ " the̶̲̥̅̊ tree of freedom is watered by the̶̲̥̅̊ blood of white tyranny" Azikwe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

Real Beggars, Executive Beggars. Can You Spot The Difference? / Wale Oke: God Killed UNILAG Lecturer Who Demanded Sex From My Daughter / Photo Of A Ram With 5 Horns - Is It Acceptable For Sallah?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.