Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,909 members, 7,872,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:00 AM

Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan (42343 Views)

Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare / Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! / Photos: Pastor Bakare's Surprise Birthday Celebration At Church And SNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Sunofgod(m): 6:23pm On Aug 06, 2012
kawkab:

Source: http://saharareporters.com/news-page/pastor-bakare-lampoons-mrs-patience-jonathan

Bakare seems desperate to be 'Martyred' . . . . Memories of Dele Giwa come to mind.

To hush this man up 'legally' the statement should be forwarded to a competent lawyer - as it seems the statement is both slanderous and inflammatory.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Skii(m): 6:25pm On Aug 06, 2012
fr_evangel:

Which true compatriots are you talking about? I am an evangelist, I also read and make comments on politics on various blogs and websites daily, but I always no which ground I am speaking from. If I come to your house as an evangelist and start talking politics and Nigeria(not to even mention insulting our president) how would you receive me the second visit? As a bible student, I learnt from David, when he had the opprtunity to kill Saul, he refused and made a very remarkable statement when he said he would not touch the Lord's anointed no matter what. We all know that the Spirit of God had departed from Saul at this time and David himself knew for he was the one brought to play the harp everytime an evil siprit took over Saul. I thought he(Pastor B) should be there praying for the president and the nation. Anyway, since he became a political opponent, I am of the opinion he is no longer in the right position to speak against the president like God is the one speaking.

Mr evangelist in the house...that ur last sentence needs adjustment

as long as you speak the truth, i will always welcome you in my house
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by TechRev: 6:28pm On Aug 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I didn't say anywhere in my post anything of him contesting elective posts in 15 years. He has been preaching what you consider VENOM today for that long though. So how do you then declare that there is some urgency to his actions here when he has been doing for about 15 years and this particular one is coming after the elections

How do you overthrow a military Government? By conducting a coup? Is that what you wanted him to say then? Really? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Also, now you suggest he is after ND oil? Are you OK?

You can of course call for the removal of a democratically elected Government. The Law says so , so what exactly are you trying to suggest is BAD in doing that?

How do you overthrow change a democratic government before elections?? What ever way he had in mind he should have applied it during abacha and yaradua time but he didnt.

And what did the law say about military government??
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by lacasa: 6:29pm On Aug 06, 2012
The Pastor has said it all
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 6:31pm On Aug 06, 2012
TechRev:

How do you overthrow change a democratic government before elections?? What ever way he had in mind he should have applied it during abacha and yaradua time but he didnt.

And what did the law say about military government??

um . . . again, he can call for the removal of the sitting Government. That is a legal suggestion. However, he cannot do it on his own, and that is probably why he is preaching it to the people in hopes that people will support this in big enough numbers.

If you do not know what military government is about, then may I suggest you do some looking up. You do not elect military government in Nigeria so I don't see why you would think the same ought to apply.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by icez: 6:34pm On Aug 06, 2012
Why is he insulting Niger Delta people?
He wants oil money. cool
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by naturalwaves: 6:42pm On Aug 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I didn't say anywhere in my post anything of him contesting elective posts in 15 years. He has been preaching what you consider VENOM today for that long though. So how do you then declare that there is some urgency to his actions here when he has been doing for about 15 years and this particular one is coming after the elections

How do you overthrow a military Government? By conducting a coup? Is that what you wanted him to say then? Really? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Also, now you suggest he is after ND oil? Are you OK?

You can of course call for the removal of a democratically elected Government. The Law says so , so what exactly are you trying to suggest is BAD in doing that?

I guess memory failed Techrev.Thanks for reminding him.The problem with a lot of Nigerians is that whenever an issue is raised,they forget about d main issue and start attacking personalities.People so much hate to be told d truth.No wonder they say 'truth is bitter'.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by locdog(m): 6:42pm On Aug 06, 2012
Super1759: Please!!! Please!! This man is not a pastor. The qualities of a pastor are just absent.
A pastor should be committed to the well-being of his member spiritually. Preach and win souls for God. He is a shephard and not a political analyst. How can I dress up to church to hear word of God and it turns to political studies.
is rev Martin Luther king a pastor? dude u so dumb
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by TechRev: 6:43pm On Aug 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

um . . . again, he can call for the removal of the sitting Government. That is a legal suggestion. However, he cannot do it on his own, and that is probably why he is preaching it to the people in hopes that people will support this in big enough numbers.

If you do not know what military government is about, then may I suggest you do some looking up. You do not elect military government in Nigeria so I don't see why you would think the same ought to apply.

Which legal way can you change a sitting democratic government before general elections??

But he was there when we had military governments that killed people with impunity innocent people for that. and he didnt call for change in Abacha's government. Every government is changed by people, military is changed by people (military men) civil government is changed by people (the masses) so why didnt he call for a change in government during abacha's time or better yaradua time?? Or was Yaradua also a military man??
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by tpapi: 6:43pm On Aug 06, 2012
So dis boko inspired baga has not yet recovered fm d hangover
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by phildon: 6:43pm On Aug 06, 2012
As much as I cherish the uprightedness of our amiable Pastor, I am honestly disapointed in his attack on the humble upbringing of GEJ and his wife. All he said about this govt are right though.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Fhemmmy: 6:49pm On Aug 06, 2012
TechRev:

Which legal way can you change a sitting democratic government before general elections??

But he was there when we had military governments that killed people with impunity innocent people for that. and he didnt call for change in Abacha's government. Every government is changed by people, military is changed by people (military men) civil government is changed by people (the masses) so why didnt he call for a change in government during abacha's time or better yaradua time?? Or was Yaradua also a military man??

Like it was said above, you cant remove what you never install, Military rulers was not elected so what constitution would you use in removing them?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by phildon: 6:49pm On Aug 06, 2012
TechRev:

Sorry, bro. Pastor Bakare was outspoken during Yaradua. He even organised a street protest calling for the swearing in of Gej as acting president.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Fhemmmy: 6:51pm On Aug 06, 2012
phildon: Sorry, bro. Pastor Bakare was outspoken during Yaradua. H[b]e even organised a street protest calling for the swearing in of Gej as acting president.[/b]

I even forgot about this, so it cant be said that it is against him, but standing for what is right.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by TechRev: 6:54pm On Aug 06, 2012
phildon: Sorry, bro. Pastor Bakare was outspoken during Yaradua. He even organised a street protest calling for the swearing in of Gej as acting president.
Fhemmmy:

I even forgot about this, so it cant be said that it is against him, but standing for what is right.

After it was obvious Yaradua was so ill he cant even speak or sign budget. Why didnt he call for change in his government before yaradua's health deteriorated to that point??
I am not even against him calling for change in government, just why doesnt he want it done during election??
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by karlmax2: 6:54pm On Aug 06, 2012
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -Matthew 5.9.this what my bible tells me.

Pastor bakare what peace initiative or suggestion have you made since boko haram menace started?

If your a christian and your in support of pastor bakare's violent and hate filled messages during and after the presidential election,can you point out where in the NEW TESTAMENT were jesus christ or any prophet of God preached this massage of hate that pastor bakare dish out to his congregation every sunday?.why would a man of God preach messages that are aimed at causing havoc and dishamony,all because of his greedy ambition to become vice president!.as far as I know there is no where in the bible where a Prophet of God is a FULLTIME POLITICIAN!!!those christians supporting him should prove me wrong. On this thread some people used martin luther king jr to justify what bakare, martin luther king didnt not preach any hate or incited people with his massage and most of all he was not a FULLTIME POLITICIAN like pastor bakare.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 6:55pm On Aug 06, 2012
TechRev:

As they have already tried to tell you, Military rule is not Democratic rule. If you really want to know the Legal way to change a sitting democratic Government please check out the Nigerian Constitution, it gives you clear details of how that can be done. grin
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by TechRev: 6:57pm On Aug 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

As they have already tried to tell you, Military rule is not Democratic rule. If you really want to know the Legal way to change a sitting democratic Government please check out the Nigerian Constitution, it gives you clear details of how that can be done. grin

I have not seen where it is in the constitution, please help me with that info.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Goke7: 6:57pm On Aug 06, 2012
Kpac: Pastor and Politics
Because we've had a pastor so concerned about this country doesn't make him fake. Even in d bible,every of God's prophets were different from eachother and if there's anyone that belives so much in diversity,its God himself.
A pastor is not a robot, as a matter of fact,they are referred to as shepherds.....If nothing bad happens to their sheep,if the grasses are green for their consumption,the water is clean for their cleaning,drugs are available for their treatments,every shepherd would be happy and when he stands and looks at his flock,he would be just so excited and fulfilled.....But when his sheeps are struggling and suffering,thou he maintains calm amongst them,he is ready to fight anything for the sake of his sheeps......
Every sunday morning, pastors are faced with so much difficulties their members are facing,some lost their lives due to bad roads,some are lying sick for months at the hospital due to poor health infrastructures,some had their shops demolished due to strict goverment measures,some had dropped out from school because the school fees have been increased by 150%,some have just lost their jobs,some are in critical condition just because they unsuspectedly took fake drugs obtained in a chemist,some are jobless for months,running into years,despite having a bachelor's degree,some came announing their intention to return back to the village because the house rent has toppled and some of the members have their life savings forced out of them as fines paid because they were caught passing one way,in a bid to avoid making his only car break down in an unpassable water logged very deep pit on his own normal lane..........
If you are a good shepherd and your sheep suffers any of these and still hears the president of your country spends about 40 Million naira daily on food,newspapers,diesel and drinks,I wonder how you would still be able to look into your sheep faces,open your bible and again preach to them hope,when its glaring the hardships are due to poor governance.
Even from the old testaments,God has always being actively involved in politics.
If your own pastor doesn't talk about politics at all and anotherr do,please do not criticize,they have their difference in their calling,in their nature and in their life phylosophies.

Thank you very much for educating a lot of Nigerians especially hypocritical christians
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Fhemmmy: 6:57pm On Aug 06, 2012
TechRev:

After it was obvious Yaradua was so ill he cant even speak or sign budget. Why didnt he call for change in his government before yaradua's health deteriorated to that point??
I am not even against him calling for change in government, just why doesnt he want it done during election??

Why would he be calling for the removal of a president when he has not really done anything.
He fought for justice when the dying president is still allowed to be ruling to create a hole in our leadeship.
During the election, how cld u talk of removal of someone that is yet to rule wrong, now that we have been under the leadership of GEJ for some years and the nation is going from bad to worse, you want him to sit and watch?
so was it a plot against him too that they planning to impeach GEJ?
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by TechRev: 7:01pm On Aug 06, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Why would he be calling for the removal of a president when he has not really done anything.
He fought for justice when the dying president is still allowed to be ruling to create a hole in our leadeship.
During the election, how cld u talk of removal of someone that is yet to rule wrong, now that we have been under the leadership of GEJ for some years and the nation is going from bad to worse, you want him to sit and watch?

And what did GEJ do?? because he is from a humble background?? cause that was what his statement said.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 7:03pm On Aug 06, 2012
TechRev:

I have not seen where it is in the constitution, please help me with that info.

Have you ever even seen or read your Constitution(the law of the land)?

Anywho, here is the link to the Constitution, do a quick search on impeachment and read up. It is really in plain English

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by edicolove: 7:05pm On Aug 06, 2012
phildon: As much as I cherish the uprightedness of our amiable Pastor, I am honestly disapointed in his attack on the humble upbringing of GEJ and his wife. All he said about this govt are right though.

Please what part of what he said is the truth?

That the poor cannot rise to greatness? That the north and south west should continue to harvest ND because they invested their money there pre colonial days? That Nigeria was formed by God and nations cannot split because they are formed by God? That he realised that GEJ was put there by God but still contested against him? I am trying to find real truth here, seriously. To find any facts in his message is even harder. Please show me the truth there, abeg.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by TechRev: 7:06pm On Aug 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Have you ever even seen or read your Constitution(the law of the land)?

Anywho, here is the link to the Constitution, do a quick search on impeachment and read up. It is really in plain English

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm

Bakare didnt talk about impeachment did he?? i missed that.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 7:08pm On Aug 06, 2012
TechRev:

Bakare didnt talk about impeachment did he?? i missed that.

Removal,impeachment same thing.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by tunnytox(m): 7:09pm On Aug 06, 2012
karl max: Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -Matthew 5.9.this what my bible tells me.

Pastor bakare what peace initiative or suggestion have you made since boko haram menace started?

If your a christian and your in support of pastor bakare's violent and hate filled messages during and after the presidential election,can you point out where in the NEW TESTAMENT were jesus christ or any prophet of God preached this massage of hate that pastor bakare dish out to his congregation every sunday?.why would a man of God preach messages that are aimed at causing havoc and dishamony,all because of his greedy ambition to become vice president!.as far as I know there is no where in the bible where a Prophet of God is a FULLTIME POLITICIAN!!!those christians supporting him should prove me wrong. On this thread some people used martin luther king jr to justify what bakare, martin luther king didnt not preach any hate or incited people with his massage and most of all he was not a FULLTIME POLITICIAN like pastor bakare.

Do you understand the meaning of the words hate and violent or you just want to make mockery of yourself by using these words?
Jonathan,his wife and their PDP conspirators are running Nigeria like their personal estate for their own benefits alone, PTB preached aginst this and you called it a message of hate and violence? since when did the torturer prevents the tortured from crying?
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by naturalwaves: 7:13pm On Aug 06, 2012
O.D.B.:
State Government Perm. Sec or Senator.

When Tinibu stole a seat from Lagosians and gave it to his wife where were all of you anti-patience?

Is Patience the only first Lady we've had? When Turai was busy running this country through bribes and avarices where were you haters?

How about Mrs. Abach and Mrs. Babangida? Where they not more larger than life when their husbands were in office?

Just say you hate the average Ijaw or south-south individual.

A senatorial seat is basically based on politics and could be by nomination,appointment etc but d post of a permanent secretary is not such.It is usually occupied by intellectually sound persons that av risen to the heights of their careers and served diligently in civil service.In a situation where there are lots of qualified persons,one of them may then be appointed or chosen.Ur madam Patience has none of these qualities and qualification and I am sure there are many more qualified persons.It is an abuse of power.D painful thing is that,they should av used other areas to abuse power and not making her a perm sect.Which of d perm sect in d whole of Naija can Madam Patience stand?I bet,NONE.This outrightly shows her greed and gluttony for power like d pastor said cos she just wanna grasp everything.It is only in this part of the world that people get what they never worked for.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by edicolove: 7:14pm On Aug 06, 2012
Fhemmmy:

And what exactly did Yaradua do right? Did he build infrastructure? Fix roads? Build or fix schools? Fix power? Fix agriculture? Stop corruption? What? Even the amnesty that he is giving credit for he did not implement. All the funds for amnesty training and payments were doled out during GEJ time. So what's your point? Why didn't GEJ fight him? There is a reason people respected Gani. He was never partisan with his criticism! He was never petty too!

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by naturalwaves: 7:17pm On Aug 06, 2012
tunnytox:

Do you understand the meaning of the words hate and violent or you just want to make mockery of yourself by using these words?
Jonathan,his wife and their PDP conspirators are running Nigeria like their personal estate for their own benefits alone, PTB preached aginst this and you called it a message of hate and violence? since when did the torturer prevents the tortured from crying?

LOL.....I think u should get used to d fact that people use words anyhow.They just type whatever comes to their mind without weighing and that's part of d Nigerian problem.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by mengi: 7:24pm On Aug 06, 2012
Asserted that Mrs. Jonathan’s background as a stark pauper caused her to seek “aggressive compensation.”

I never knew that being poor is equal to personal inferiority complex,
ride on pastor! were u actually inspired
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Fhemmmy: 7:32pm On Aug 06, 2012
TechRev:

And what did GEJ do?? because he is from a humble background?? cause that was what his statement said.

How come the Senators has been calling for his removal and threatening to impeach him, cos he is from humbled background?
A man that never implement the 2012 budget, do u know what it means?
A man that since he came into power, nothing to show for it . . . we ave been going from debt to debt
A man that security of the nation is now next to dustbin and yet have no answer how to fix things?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Beaf: 7:36pm On Aug 06, 2012
TechRev:

The blood lusting demon called Bakare is also unhappy that GEJ has not bombed Ogoni land.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply)

Did Jesus And The Apostles Paid Tithe? / Wale Oke: God Killed UNILAG Lecturer Who Demanded Sex From My Daughter / Chris Oyakhilome: Black Is Evil, Africans Must Stop Saying They Are Blacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.