Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,954 members, 7,896,056 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 02:18 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (769136 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 7:06am On Oct 04, 2013
ferdimako: Hello All, the IELTS results have come and still disappointing.I may look at regional visa but definitely not 189. I'll definitely go with student visa and see what is what when am there.

Listening: 6.0
Reading: 6.5
Writing: 6.5
Speaking: 5.5
Overall: 6.0
It is well my brother, have faith in the lord and he will surely make all your dreams come true.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 04, 2013
lawland: It is well my brother, have faith in the lord and he will surely make all your dreams come true.

One thing is sure--student visa. I'll take it from there.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 7:27am On Oct 04, 2013
ferdimako:

One thing is sure--student visa. I'll take it from there.
Which intake are you going for? I know you are definitely going for regional area. See if you can come to WA.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nwokenna: 7:27am On Oct 04, 2013
ferdimako: Hello All, if my IELTS GT comes in well, I'll propose and include her in my PR application.Let my wish come through. God!

@nwokenna,UBKtech,manmeta and others, must she do IELTS and what will the score be?

My senior advisers have done a great job in the aspect of IELTS requirement for spouses but here are some other evidence you may need to provide to ascertain the validity of your relationship

Please provide evidence of your relationship with your spouse. Please provide evidence of joint bank accounts, residing at same address, photographs of relationship of period of time, lease agreement or mortgage loan.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 04, 2013
lawland: Which intake are you going for? I know you are definitely going for regional area. See if you can come to WA.

Feb 2014,Perth.Right now am not thinking about PR.I might try the test again but not in Nigeria.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 04, 2013
Nwokenna:

My senior advisers have done a great job in the aspect of IELTS requirement for spouses but here are some other evidence you may need to provide to ascertain the validity of your relationship

Please provide evidence of your relationship with your spouse. Please provide evidence of joint bank accounts, residing at same address, photographs of relationship of period of time, lease agreement or mortgage loan.

Let those requirements wait oh,haha......I will mention her in my student visa application and see what goes later.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 04, 2013
ferdimako:

Let those requirements wait oh,haha......I will mention her in my student visa application and see what goes later.

That's ok, but I want to ask, does wife have education & work experience in any of the occupations on SOL? If yes, she can try the assessment & IELTS and add you as secondary application.

Alternatively, you can try temporary visa stream, though the baseline language requirement is band 6 in the four skills.

How many points do you currently have without the IELTS?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 04, 2013
UBKtech:

That's ok, but I want to ask, does wife have education & work experience in any of the occupations on SOL? If yes, she can try the assessment & IELTS and add you as secondary application.

Alternatively, you can try temporary visa stream, though the baseline language requirement is band 6 in the four skills.

How many points do you currently have without the IELTS?

No she doesn't have post secondary education yet and work experience is zero.Not that she doesn't have O'level and not that she is not working.Nigeria is ruining people's lives and aspirations. I've got 55 without IELTS but that clause of 6.0 for competence baseline regardless is the issue.

I'm so happy I never abandoned my student visa route!

All I know now is am not going to redo while in Nigeria.May be another fresh air would inspire me more.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 9:38am On Oct 04, 2013
ferdimako:

No she doesn't have post secondary education yet and work experience is zero.Not that she doesn't have O'level and not that she is not working.Nigeria is ruining people's lives and aspirations. I've got 55 without IELTS but that clause of 6.0 for competent baseline regardless is the issue.

All I know now is am not going to redo while in Nigeria.May be another fresh air would inspire me more.
Fedi, you got 55 without ielts? Did you get a positive assessment from your assessment body? If you did, I want to encourage you to take your time, practice and retake ielts. Nothing comes easy you know...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 9:42am On Oct 04, 2013
Ferdi, please address the post above.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by everG: 11:51am On Oct 04, 2013
lawland: The last sentence is exactly what i want to say, don't complicate ur issue bloke except you can prove the relationship.
aside relationship proven by marriage hw else cn such relationship be proven to dem. when is still on fiance level and u wnt to include her in ur application .
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by everG: 11:54am On Oct 04, 2013
UBKtech:

they are both right, but it is doable if ur relationship is genuine and you have plenty of evidence to support your claim. I applied alone in October last yr, we became engaged in March this yr, did our registry in may. we got our visa on August 6th, exactly a month before our church wedding. however, in my case she was part of the. process from the very start, so we had gathered plenty of evidence before including her you need plenty of evidence more than just pictures and marriage certificate
cn u basically state though things u provided to buttress ur point for dem
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 12:12pm On Oct 04, 2013
everG:
aside relationship proven by marriage hw else cn such relationship be proven to dem. when is still on fiance level and u wnt to include her in ur application .
Joint bank account, utility bills paid in both names,etc that have lasted over a year,
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by everG: 12:46pm On Oct 04, 2013
lawland: Joint bank account, utility bills paid in both names,etc that have lasted over a year,
please my case is dat am applying tru student visa for 2yrs dip which she is eligible go wit me though nt immediately bt i will wnt to include her in my application wne lodging, we still in fiancee level bt hoping to marry smetime nt soon, hw do i xplain such relationship so dat wne she is joining me later they would nt b any issue. tanx
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 1:28pm On Oct 04, 2013
everG:
please my case is dat am applying tru student visa for 2yrs dip which she is eligible go wit me though nt immediately bt i will wnt to include her in my application wne lodging, we still in fiancee level bt hoping to marry smetime nt soon, hw do i xplain such relationship so dat wne she is joining me later they would nt b any issue. tanx
Its your decision bro but my advice is this. Since she won't be joining you soon, why not forget about including her in your current app? Open a joint bank acct with her before you depart, then include her in your future application. Note that DIAC sometimes see your fiance as your dependent thereby requiring you to show enough fund to take care of her while you are away.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by everG: 1:47pm On Oct 04, 2013
[quote author=lawland] Its your decision bro but my advice is this. Since she won't be joining you soon, why not forget about including her in your current app? Open a joint bank acct with her before you depart, then include her in your future application. Note that DIAC sometimes see your fiance as your dependent thereby requiring you to show enough fund to take care of her while you are away.[/quowat
wat kind of future application will dat possible b i learnt if i dont mention her now dat she cn nt come under my visa wne she is joining mi, tot i cn include her nw so dat my visa will alwayz cover her either going wit mi now or joining her later.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by everG: 1:48pm On Oct 04, 2013
lawland: Its your decision bro but my advice is this. Since she won't be joining you soon, why not forget about including her in your current app? Open a joint bank acct with her before you depart, then include her in your future application. Note that DIAC sometimes see your fiance as your dependent thereby requiring you to show enough fund to take care of her while you are away.
wat kind of future application will dat possible b i learnt if i dont mention her now dat she cn nt come under my visa wne she is joining mi, tot i cn include her nw so dat my visa will alwayz cover her either going wit mi now or joining me later.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 04, 2013
RedReact: Ferdi, please address the post above.

Yeah I have 55 without IELTS, I was hoping to fall on 6.0 all bands so that I can look for a region or state to sponsor me. Now, I'll redo but not in Nigeria. I'll do that in Australia.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 1:55pm On Oct 04, 2013
everG:
wat kind of future application will dat possible b i learnt if i dont mention her now dat she cn nt come under my visa wne she is joining mi, tot i cn include her nw so dat my visa will alwayz cover her either going wit mi now or joining me later.
Do your research... Won't you still apply for PR or graduate visa? Yes, she won't be able to join you in this your current visa which will last for only 2yrs but you can be able to include her when you apply for graduate visa or pr.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 1:58pm On Oct 04, 2013
ferdimako:

Yeah I have 55 without IELTS, I was hoping to fall on 6.0 all bands so that I can look for a region or state to sponsor me. Now, I'll redo but not in Nigeria. I'll do that in Australia.
Ok Ferdi, focus on your student visa then. I am glad to know you have passed some stages already. Good luck
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 04, 2013
lawland: Fedi, you got 55 without ielts? Did you get a positive assessment from your assessment body? If you did, I want to encourage you to take your time, practice and retake ielts. Nothing comes easy you know...

I'll redo but not here in Nigeria.Thank you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 2:25pm On Oct 04, 2013
ferdimako:

I'll redo but not here in Nigeria.Thank you.
What stage are you now with your student visa?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 04, 2013
lawland: What stage are you now with your student visa?

Pay School fees and lodge for visa.I've done my medicals.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by everG: 2:39pm On Oct 04, 2013
lawland: Do your research... Won't you still apply for PR or graduate visa? Yes, she won't be able to join you in this your current visa which will last for only 2yrs but you can be able to include her when you apply for graduate visa or pr.
yes i research bt d issue here is dat 4rm previous research i learnt dat any one dat must come on ur visa must be mentioned in d first application as at lodgement dat is if ur xpecting ur visa to cover d person anytime he or she wnt to come over. aunty jenny cn u tro more light on ds please i remember smebdy even said u hv to provide evidence of leaving expense over there for d person
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 2:55pm On Oct 04, 2013
everG:
yes i research bt d issue here is dat 4rm previous research i learnt dat any one dat must come on ur visa must be mentioned in d first application as at lodgement dat is if ur xpecting ur visa to cover d person anytime he or she wnt to come over. aunty jenny cn u tro more light on ds please i remember smebdy even said u hv to provide evidence of leaving expense over there for d person
What else do you want to hear? I have already told you that she can't come on your 1st visa if you don't include her but that doesn't mean you can't include her in your future visa application if you got enuf evidence of continues and lasting relationship with her. That you are not married now doesn't mean you can't marry later, so you still have option of including your new partner in your future application. Don't complicate your application bloke except you are in for it. As i said before, its your decision.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kmontee: 3:08pm On Oct 04, 2013
Can i use my waec statement of result instead of waec certificate to avoid the issue of adding an affividavit of error on my Date of Birth of my waec certificate? There is no date of birth on waec statement of result. This is to avoid complications on my visa application. Im just worried
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 04, 2013
everG:
cn u basically state though things u provided to buttress ur point for dem

@EverG, have a look on this websitehttp://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/including-family-members/

Including dependent family members in your application

Your partner

You can include your partner in your visa application when you lodge your application.

If you lodge a Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa or Skilled - Nominated (subclass 190) visa application and later decide to add your partner, you can ask the department to add them to the application. You must do this, in writing, before a decision is made on your application. Complete and send Form 1022: Notification of changes in circumstances to the office that is processing your application.

You cannot add a partner to your Skilled - Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) (subclass 489) visa application after lodgement.

To include your partner in your application, there are requirements and evidence that must be provided to prove dependency.
You must prove that you and your partner are:

legally married, or
in a de facto relationship.
Acceptable forms of proof include:

a certified copy of your marriage certificate issued by an official registry office, or
evidence to demonstrate that you have been in a genuine and ongoing relationship for the 12 months immediately before making the application, unless there are compelling reasons.
Other requirements include providing:

evidence of the history of your relationship, through a signed statement regarding
how, when and where you first met
how your relationship developed
your domestic arrangements, that is, how you support each other financially, physically and emotionally and when this level of commitment began
any periods of separation, when and why the separation occurred, for how long and how you maintained your relationship during the period of separation
your future plans.
evidence of a genuine and continuing relationship, within the four broad categories of evidence below
financial aspects of the relationship, such as:
joint ownership of your house or joint names on a lease
correspondence addressed to both of you at the same address
details of financial commitments including bank statements, and any joint liabilities.
the nature of the household, such as:
any joint responsibility for the care and support of children
your living arrangements including sharing responsibilities within the home.
social context, such as:
evidence that you and your partner are generally accepted as a couple socially such as joint invitations
evidence of common friends
assessments by your friends and family of your relationship
joint travel or joint participation in sporting, social or cultural activities.
your commitment, such as:
the duration of your relationship including knowledge of each other
intention that your relationship will be long term through things such as the terms of your wills, and
correspondence and telephone accounts to show that contact was maintained during any periods of separation.
Dependent children

You can include your dependent children in your visa application when you lodge your application.

If you lodge your application and later decide to add a dependent child, you can ask the department to add them to the application. You must do this, in writing, before a decision is made on your application. Complete and send Form 1022: Notification of changes in circumstances to the office that is processing your application.

To include your dependent child in your application, there are requirements and evidence that must be provided to prove dependency.
You must prove that a dependent child is:

your child, or
a stepchild from a previous relationship.
Acceptable forms of proof are:

a certified copy of each child's birth certificate, or
a certified copy of adoption papers
a copy of the each child’s biographical data page from your child’s passport.
Other requirements include:

two passport photos of your child
your child’s health examination.
Dependent children are usually under 18 years of age. If a dependent child is aged 18 years or more, the applicant must also prove that the child relies wholly or substantially on the applicant for their basic needs such as food, clothing and shelter.

A child of any age who has a total or partial loss of bodily or mental functions that stops them from earning a living is considered a dependant.

A child of any age who is married, engaged to be married or in a de facto relationship is not considered a dependant.

Custody

Australia must fulfil its international obligations in relation to the prevention of child abduction.

If your application includes a child under 18 years of age and that child’s other parent (or any other person with a legal right to decide where the child lives) is not also migrating, you must prove you have the right to move the child.

Acceptable forms of proof are certified copies of:

an overseas court order giving you sole custody of the child
a statutory declaration, signed by the child’s other parent (or other person with a legal right to decide where the child lives), that allows you to take the child to Australia
a death certificate for the other parent
an Australian court order giving you the sole right to decide where the child should live.
In the case of a stepchild, you must prove you were in a relationship with the child's parent and that you have been awarded one of the following:

a residence order in force for the child under the Australian Family Law Act 1975
a specific issues order in force under the Australian Family Law Act 1975, giving you responsibility for the child's long term or day-to-day care, welfare and development
guardianship or custody, whether jointly or otherwise, under a Commonwealth, state or territory law or a law in force in a foreign country.
Other dependent relatives

A dependent relative (other than a dependent child) can be included in your visa application when you lodge your application.

You cannot add a dependent relative to a points tested skilled visa after you lodge your application.

To include your other dependent relative(s) in your application, there are requirements and evidence that must be provided to prove dependency.

To be considered a dependent relative you must prove they:

have no other relative able to care for them in their own country
are not currently married, engaged or in a de facto relationship
usually are a resident in your household
depend on you for financial support for their basic needs and you have supported them for a substantial period
depend on you more than any other person or source.
Acceptable forms of proof include:

a certified copy of their birth certificate and proof of their relationship to you
proof that the relative lives in your household
proof that your relative has been dependent on you for at least the last 12 months.
if your relative is divorced, legally separated or widowed, you must provide certified copies of supporting evidence, such as:
the document of legal divorce
the document of legal separation
the death certificate of the deceased partner.
Newborn children

If a child is born to you after you have lodged your visa application, you must tell the department. Complete and send Form 1022: Notification of changes in circumstances and a certified copy of the birth certificate to the office that is processing your application.

If your child is born outside Australia and the other parent is an Australian citizen at the time of the child's birth, the child may be eligible for Australian citizenship by descent.

If your child is born in Australia, they are automatically granted the same visa you and your partner hold at the time of the child's birth. If the child's other parent is an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident at the time of the child's birth, the child may be an Australian citizen by birth.

For all dependants

You must complete a Form 47A—Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over—for each dependent family member aged 18 years or more, whether or not that dependant is migrating with you.

DNA testing

When there is not enough evidence to support a claimed relationship, the department may suggest that you and the relevant dependant have DNA tests as a means to confirm the relationship.

If this happens, the department will specify how the test is to be arranged. The department may not accept the results of tests done in any other manner. You must pay for requested DNA tests.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 3:17pm On Oct 04, 2013
kmontee: Can i use my waec statement of result instead of waec certificate to avoid the issue of adding an affividavit of error on my Date of Birth of my waec certificate? There is no date of birth on waec statement of result. This is to avoid complications on my visa application. Im just worried
Whats the difference between the two?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 3:38pm On Oct 04, 2013
UBKtech:

@EverG, have a look on this websitehttp://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/including-family-members/

My point is simple, if she is not joining you in the next 2yrs, forget adding her now since you don't have evidence, open a joint bank account with her before you depart, then include her in your future application by then you will have evidence. No law forbids you from doing this.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Chubi4show(m): 5:19pm On Oct 04, 2013
kmontee: Can i use my waec statement of result instead of waec certificate to avoid the issue of adding an affividavit of error on my Date of Birth of my waec certificate? There is no date of birth on waec statement of result. This is to avoid complications on my visa application. Im just worried
Why worry abt dat? With affidevit sworn in high court, u are covered. There is an error in my dob in waec cert, I attach my affidevit to it whenever I wnt 2 use it and I v nt had any problems wit dt.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kmontee: 5:41pm On Oct 04, 2013
Chubi4show:
Why worry abt dat? With affidevit sworn in high court, u are covered. There is an error in my dob in waec cert, I attach my affidevit to it whenever I wnt 2 use it and I v nt had any problems wit dt.

Thank you bro!!! will attach affivdavit to it. Already I use affividavit of birth certificate for my application since i cant trace back to my birth certificate. The problem is, i read on the checklist that im supposed to use the original of the affividavit rather than certified copy. Any info about this or further explanation. Have u applied for Hap id? did u later conclude to do d medicals before lodgement??
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by everG: 5:41pm On Oct 04, 2013
lawland: My point is simple, if she is not joining you in the next 2yrs, forget adding her now since you don't have evidence, open a joint bank account with her before you depart, then include her in your future application by then you will have evidence. No law forbids you from doing this.
Tanx 4 ur contribution i really appreciate ur input in ds dscussion. my admission for dip is january 2015 so i cn possibly see hw to go abt it b4 den ll appreciate any further advise on ds as we proceed bt ll really wnt her to join as soon as possibly if i scale tru d hurdles. my e-mail victac4@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.