Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,845 members, 7,872,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:18 PM

Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse (23159 Views)

Olimpija Ljubljana Boss Leaves After Racial Abusing A Nigerian Player / Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Accountover Racist Comments / Mikel Shuts Twitter Account After Racial Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by nitlad: 10:22am On Sep 21, 2012
unekwubaby:

gbam,when VALDES made his own blunder because we BARCA fans are more learned than the formal we didnt complain ooooooooooooooooooo
To begin with,Why would yhu take the disgraceful actions of few miscreants masqurading as 'fans' to be the general stand of TRUE FANS of the Club? So throwing a pig's head at yhur former player is an hallmark of the ''learned''?.... If any team should take a moral high ground in this, its not Barcelona. Yhur antecedents are well documented. Poor student of history yhu are! Yhur team is as equally culpable. Even Samuel Eto'o was subjected to racial abuses from his own 'fans'.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by redsun(m): 10:25am On Sep 21, 2012
finallytalking:

in my honest opinion, It is the average black man's lack of self worth that makes him feel racially abused. If a white man calls you a monkey, smile and call him a pig if you feel the need to retort, they do look like pigs don't they, the same way we look like monkeys.

The only reason why they call you monkey is because you tend to depend on them for everything,even sports.

Yours is never good enough,because you never made effort to have yours.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 21, 2012
Lets stop being myopic and accept the facts that we are not any better.
Even if tribalism is not involved, do u know how we africans treat ALBINOS.
My God!!! If u were one u would probably be wishing u were created as a dog.
We treat them like trash people, pure garbage.

And besides why shouldn't they think ur dark skin is gross when we keep insulting ghanians, our darker counter parts?

Arent all these things equivalent to racial abuse?

Also, what makes u think it was a large amount of white fans that were insulting him?
It could just have been a handful of drunks wrought with anger as we are when we insult the darker skin of ghanians.

Pls let we africans stop playing victim and move on with life.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by zalight(m): 10:26am On Sep 21, 2012
what goes around comes around,mikel and other chelsea players signed on the letter written by salomon kalou that was submited in court in full suport of John Terry,that letter was among the reason he was found not guilty by the court in his racism fued with Atton Ferdinald.Sorry Mikel,if John Terry is not a racist,the guy that insulted you on twitter is not a racist too.I hope u are enjoying the pains Ferdinald felt then
tjskii:
Mr man,evry human shud learn to be civil to others regardless of their social status,shebi he dey feel lik bigboy dey snub peopl up and down,welll those oyibos dt hez feelin a part of just snobbed him too,so evryone shud quit complainin mscheew
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by Jyde89: 10:27am On Sep 21, 2012
I think the black player's are taking this racial thing way too far, most of the african footballer's get more insult's in their homeland compared to what they face in their club and they dare not talk; we've heard of people like Amokachi and Yakubu being attacked by angry Nigerian supporter's, after a disapointing performance by the player's, yet they never threatened to leave the super eagle's. Though Mikel's mistake was'nt intentional, but he should'nt expect the angry fan's to embrace him and kiss him on the four head like the father of the prodigal son. He should understand that the racial abuse was born out thier anger toward's the mistake he made, and not hatred toward's the man of colour.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by omar22(m): 10:30am On Sep 21, 2012
redsun:

The only reason why they call you monkey is because you tend to depend on them for everything,even sports.

They would call you a black monkey regardless whether you depend on them or not, They called Barack Obama a black monkey, Monkey chant at football stadium has nothing to do with feeling inferior, coloured England players get monkey chants when England plays one of the teams from eastern europe, and I repeat its got nothing to do with been inferior
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by meritdee(m): 10:31am On Sep 21, 2012
omar22:

Spot on though people are split on this Mikel issue, but Mikel gave the ball away, the ball still travelled to Juve's half then came back everyone stood and watch and then John Terry took the lazy option to mark a player and Quiggy scored.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1340694-chelsea-vs-juventus-6-things-we-learned-in-2-2-draw

I'm damn tired of people who are always looking for the guys mistake. His decision to join chelsea instead of Man U still haunts many... I just don't understand why they can't move on. They didn't kill Luiz for his sloppy defensive approach against Atletico or hang Lampard for. Jogging all over the field doing nuffin that day.. This Mikel was the only performer that night aside Ever-inform Harzard... *sighs* Haters would never move forward tho. The. Guy is in training now preparing for stoke match. I remember the time of Makelele too. People complains that he doesn't score, but once he's out of any match, chelsea attackers are always forced to come back and defend....
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by mayze: 10:31am On Sep 21, 2012
One hundred and sixty nine games wthut scoring a single goal.. grin...still wondering why he's in d starting lineup self..old age is setting..go and retire bro mikel.. grin
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by omar22(m): 10:33am On Sep 21, 2012

Are you saying they should stay in their own country amd play in their own League?
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by tjskii(f): 10:33am On Sep 21, 2012
XFive:

Sharrap if u do not know what to say

Thunder fire ya yansh,bloody inconsequential Arrow
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by omar22(m): 10:35am On Sep 21, 2012
mayze: One hundred and sixty nine games wthut scoring a single goal.. grin...still wondering why he's in d starting lineup self..old age is setting..go and retire bro mikel.. grin

He is a DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER... his job is to screen the defence

I could see why he opts not to play for Nigeria when he have people screeming blue murder in the stadium
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by israelbenzion: 10:35am On Sep 21, 2012
ebamma: I will take all the racial insults for a 50 thousand pounds a week after tax wages,
Then u r out of a job cos I will give them a discount of 2 thousand pounds and accept 48k pounds.
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by omar22(m): 10:37am On Sep 21, 2012
israel ben-zion:

Then u r out of a job cos I will give them a discount of 2 thousand pounds and accept 48k pounds.

And where would you get that?
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by mayze: 10:38am On Sep 21, 2012
omar22:

He is a DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER... his job is to screen the defence

I could see why he opts not to play for Nigeria when he have people screeming blue murder in the stadium

That doesn't stop him..d likes of scholes,busquets,yaya toure,ballack,carrick do score goals..dias nuffn stopping him..he's juss a lazy midfielder
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 21, 2012
Olalekan 0: i will do same for far less,say £15,000 a month. Why would i take offence at anyone calling me black when am in fact black.

Racism is far worse than what you think. Racists treat black people the same way they treat baboons and apes (maybe even worse)
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by redsun(m): 10:42am On Sep 21, 2012
omar22:

Are you saying they should stay in their own country amd play in their own League?

Have ever asked youself why they think it is practically impossible for an african country to win the world cup?Because they know africans are not up to it,and you are not up to it when you dont believe in yourself,like most of you here that find solace in foreign racist football clubs when you have home clubs that are crying out for support,publicity and development.

Oyinbos got you guys with publicity and graphics and you think there are more to it than kicking footballs,making money and calling names.Your interest in them,makes them richer and superior and you,more foo-lish and poor.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by Caseless: 10:43am On Sep 21, 2012
Mikel is characterized by pomposity and as such i dnt feel sory 4 him. He dosn't indentify wit 9jrians an example is his issue wit 2face cos he snubed him(2face) in london. If na kanu dis tin hapen to,i for de cry now. 4get Mikel, he's an akward lout!
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by aryzgreat: 10:45am On Sep 21, 2012
kumar101: Mikel na heavy mumu

Go kill u fada cos at mikel's age ur fada was still chasing lizards nd hunting bush rat in d village. u daughter of a failure!
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by omar22(m): 10:46am On Sep 21, 2012
mayze:

That doesn't stop him..d likes of scholes,busquets,yaya toure,ballack,carrick do score goals..dias nuffn stopping him..he's juss a lazy midfielder

Scholes is a playmaker

Busquets plays for Barcelona, even if my grandmother plays for barcelona she would score

Yayaa Toure plays as CM/Attacking midfielder,

Ballack is a second striker for Germany and a CM

Carrick is a CM

Mikel is a defensive midfielder

Claude Makalele scored 4 goals in 11 years (1 goal for real madrid) I guess he was rubbish as well, actually thats what the Club president said when he sold Makalele to chelsea he said he was Rubbish, and Zinedine Zidane said to the President when he bought David Beckham as his replacement, "Why respray the Rolls Royce, when you are selling the engine"

Carlo Ancelotti said Mikel reminds him of himself at AC Milan

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by lacasa: 10:46am On Sep 21, 2012
acidtalk: You all condemning the Racial attacks and abuse should SHUT the Fu*ck up.

Are you all not worst racist to you fellow Nigerian?
Racism has gone far beyond colour discrimination.

How else can you explain the tribal war going on in this forum every second of each passing day. Where Ibo insults the Yoruba's at the slightest topic and Yoruba does the same too to the hausa.

Jonathan is even the worst racist (trbalist) currently in Nigeria as he is more concerned abouth the welfare of the South-South people instead of Nigeria as a whole.

Seun is the worst racist on this forum. As ONLY bad news of the Ibos are put on the frontpage.

The ONLY Patrotic Nigeria that still exist as at today is Obasanjo. That man judges fairly without putting religion or ethnicity to play.

U stated it like it is.

9c one
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by Datweence(m): 10:48am On Sep 21, 2012
I think this brings the game as we Nigerians see it into perspective. Some weeks ago, we almost rolled out the drums because John Terry was exonerated of racial abuse when video evidence clearly suggested otherwise just because he plays for a club we support. We need to come to terms with the fact that Britain, just like its european counterparts, is struggling with the integration of people of other races into its society. Like it or not, no matter how good you are, you get the stick as long as you are a foreign import. If you don't believe, ask Austin 'Jay Jay' Okocha. He was told to 'pack his tiger skins' and leave the club. Any form of discrimination, be it racism or tribalism, is a shame on our 'global village' and should not be condoned because of football affiliations. It was Anton Ferdinand & Evra yesterday, it's Mikel today, it may be you tomorrow. Let's come together to fight this societal disgrace. By the way, Mikel shouldn't have deleted his twitter account. He's been in the UK for quite some time & ought to be thick-skinned by now. He could rather put the account to good use in fighting his cause.
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 21, 2012
ebamma: Abeg if oyingbo man employ u dey pay u 50 thousands pounds a week(about 12 million naira) dey call u monkey abeg you no for enjoy that work
we got the message the first time. money is your god and you dont care about dignity. we get it. NEXT

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by redsun(m): 10:54am On Sep 21, 2012
Datweence: I think this brings the game as we Nigerians see it into perspective. Some weeks ago, we almost rolled out the drums because John Terry was exonerated of racial abuse when video evidence clearly suggested otherwise just because he plays for a club we support. We need to come to terms with the fact that Britain, just like its european counterparts, is struggling with the integration of people of other races into its society. Like it or not, no matter how good you are, you get the stick as long as you are a foreign import. If you don't believe, ask Austin 'Jay Jay' Okocha. He was told to 'pack his tiger skins' and leave the club. Any form of discrimination, be it racism or tribalism, is a shame on our 'global village' and should not be condoned because of football affiliations. It was Anton Ferdinand & Evra yesterday, it's Mikel today, it may be you tomorrow. Let's come together to fight this societal disgrace. By the way, Mikel shouldn't have deleted his twitter account. He's been in the UK for quite some time & ought to be thick-skinned by now. He could rather put the account to good use in fighting his cause.

Twitter is part of the brainwashing,he doesnt need it.Let him make his money ae long as he can and diversify into creating jobs,money and self worth for others in nigeria.Especially most african imbeciles that sees themselves as dis hard fans of european football clubs,thy need some mental chastising
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by zalight(m): 10:54am On Sep 21, 2012
Datweence: I think this brings the game as we Nigerians see it into perspective. Some weeks ago, we almost rolled out the drums because John Terry was exonerated of racial abuse when video evidence clearly suggested otherwise just because he plays for a club we support. We need to come to terms with the fact that Britain, just like its european counterparts, is struggling with the integration of people of other races into its society. Like it or not, no matter how good you are, you get the stick as long as you are a foreign import. If you don't believe, ask Austin 'Jay Jay' Okocha. He was told to 'pack his tiger skins' and leave the club. Any form of discrimination, be it racism or tribalism, is a shame on our 'global village' and should not be condoned because of football affiliations. It was Anton Ferdinand & Evra yesterday, it's Mikel today, it may be you tomorrow. Let's come together to fight this societal disgrace. By the way, Mikel shouldn't have deleted his twitter account. He's been in the UK for quite some time & ought to be thick-skinned by now. He could rather put the account to good use in fighting his cause.
EXactly my point...what goes around comes around,mikel and other chelsea players signed on the letter written by salomon kalou that was submited in court in full suport of John Terry,that letter was among the reason he was found not guilty by the court in his racism fued with Atton Ferdinald.Sorry Mikel,if John Terry is not a racist,the guy that insulted you on twitter is not a racist too.I hope u are enjoying the pains Ferdinald felt then
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by Caseless: 10:55am On Sep 21, 2012
[quote author=redsun]

The only reason why they call you monkey is because you tend to depend on them for everything,even sports[quote] No! It was charles darwin who said man evolved frm monkey. Frm monkey-blackman-whiteman. U see why they call us monkey
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by omar22(m): 10:57am On Sep 21, 2012
redsun:

Have ever asked youself why they think it is practically impossible for an african country to win the world cup?Because they know africans are not up to it,and you are not up to it when you dont believe in yourself,like most of you here that find solace in foreign racist football clubs when you have home clubs that are crying out for support,pubicity and development.

Oyinbos got you guys with publicity and graphics and you think there are more to it than kicking footballs,making money and calling.Your interest in them,makes them richer and superior and you,more foo-lish and poor.

So the whole (or 90%) of the Brazilian squad plays in Europe, the same with every latin country, Odewingie that was born in the eastern block should he kill himself because someone throws a banana him, Do you know what freedom is? its when you dont allow peoples opinion affect you, if Obama had your thought set, he would have given up becoming the most powerful man on earth. You sound oppressed by nothing, Eto get £330k a week, do you think he gives a monkey what the fans think of him? whereas we have NPL and NFF fighting and destroying the Nigerian League because of the sponsorship money from either Glo or MTN and your here preaching to me that they should stick and support a corrupt inconsistence body! Its a players career not a governments organisation, Okocha was able to give back to the community from the money he earned in a white mans country

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by redsun(m): 10:58am On Sep 21, 2012
[quote author=caseless][/quote]

You got it wrong,they think you are not rational for licking their albino asses.They think they are superior.
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by Cusubaba(m): 10:59am On Sep 21, 2012
solomon111: That is a lie.
Mikel is injustly vilified,after most matches,especially from ghanians in those foreign sites.
my brother may u live long, i live in ghana. These senseless ugly lazy envious ghanaians hate anything Nigeria. They hate Mikel so much because of Essien. But who God bless no man curse.
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by meritdee(m): 10:59am On Sep 21, 2012
Lmao... Some of you are not getting this straight. Mikel didn't complain about being called black or I probably heven't read the news that said Mikel cried over racist abuse. Mikel is very new to twitter, he's not a twitter addict like some other players. He hardly tweet. As far as he is the owner of the account and he feels its of no use to him. He's got the right to delete it. Its his own way of telling the morons to shut up. @Mikel12official was released some months ago and now it has been deleted. Please embrace his decision and move on.
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by redsun(m): 11:00am On Sep 21, 2012
omar22:

So the whole (or 90%) of the Brazilian squad plays in Europe, the same with every latin country, Odewingie that was born in the eastern block should kill himself because someone throws a banana him, Do you know what freedom is? its when you dont allow peoples opinion affect you, if Obama had your thought set, he would have given up becoming the most powerful man on earth. You sound oppressed by nothing, Eto get £330k a week, do you think he gives a monkey what the fans think of him? whereas we have NPL and NFF fighting and destroying the Nigerian League because of the sponsorship money from either Glo or MTN and your here preaching to me that they should stick and support a corrupt inconsistence body! Its a players career not a governments organisation, Okocha was able to give back to the community from the money he earned in a white mans country

It is because people like you only think of yourself,that is why black world is mentally enslaved and economically in ruin.
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by omar22(m): 11:02am On Sep 21, 2012
samuelee1:

Racism is far worse than what you think. Racists treat black people the same way they treat baboons and apes (maybe even worse)

Bro this is not the NAZI era, abeg joor you make it sound as if slave trade still exist, the worst a racist football fan could do is a monkey chant.. stick and stones... Mikel lives a far better life than Jonathan and his wife and you are saying he is been treated like a baboon.. Oh please!!!!!!!
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by omar22(m): 11:06am On Sep 21, 2012
He dosn't indentify wit 9jrians an example is his issue wit 2face cos he snubed him(2face) in london

This is a problem for MIKEL AND 2FACE to settle, its non of our ga damn business... you here about to blow a gasket or blood vessel, whereas Mikel could bump into 2face next week and shake and settle things over a glass of wine... Look life is what you make of it, you keep on worrying about Mikel how he snubbed 2face.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Arsenal Star Alex Iwobi Celebrates 20th Birthday, Shares Childhood Photos / Ahmed Musa Scores To Rescue Leicester City, As Fans Congratulate Him / Ogenyi Onazi To Donate Boots To Nigerian Talents On His Return Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.