Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,841 members, 7,872,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:57 PM

Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse (23156 Views)

Olimpija Ljubljana Boss Leaves After Racial Abusing A Nigerian Player / Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Accountover Racist Comments / Mikel Shuts Twitter Account After Racial Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by Caseless: 11:11am On Sep 21, 2012
omar22:

Please tell me where is Thompson Oliha today, I believe his career ended while playing for Nigeria and what did Nigeria do for him?
Did fashanu,onuoha,agbolahon,olisadebe,ameobi etc play 4 9ja? Tel me wat fate befell dem pls
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by emmasege: 11:12am On Sep 21, 2012
this is a big lesson for the young man and other "famous" nigerian players abroad, who would rather pitch their tent always with their clubs and always do so at the expense of their fatherland. Home will always be home. If i were mikel, i would start endearing myself in the hearts of my compatriots. Come to think of it, can his level of commitment to the national course make nigerians defend him?. It's a pity that he only lived with drogba but never took after him in the area of patriotism. if you know the guy personally, advise him b4 it's too late.
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 21, 2012
Abeg i wish dm slap am 2ru twitter.no b ds guy wey dem tel mk em come play 4 naija ,em talk say em no dey play 4 artificial grass.imagne nkita dey find pedigree.sha na stil our own doh em deny us.make dem leave am o...na so e supose to happen,em be juju.mtchew..stupid pale people..
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by omar22(m): 11:22am On Sep 21, 2012
redsun:

It is because people like you only think of yourself,that is why black world is mentally enslaved and economically in ruin.

Someone once said that during slavery, The Slave master made the slave so strong but they took their thinking!!!!

They took our thinking, thats the most important part of a man, his thought!!! Africa is where it is today because we cant think for ourselves, when we have someone like you feeling oppressed already whereas a white man is not within 20 yards of where you are sitting. its even in the Bible "As a man think so he is" The Asians where in the same position but they started thinking for themselves actually they changed their thought life from oh they are oppressing us, to "yes we can", "or we could do this". The Asian world has everything they dont feel oppressed or mentally challenged bro please change your thinking
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by Caseless: 11:22am On Sep 21, 2012
@omar22. We'r 9jrians and wateva hapens 2 a compatriot shld wory us no matter whr and who is involvd. Wat hapnd to 2face, if u were d one how wld u take it? if we want 2 judge, Let's judge disintrestedly pls.
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by omar22(m): 11:29am On Sep 21, 2012
caseless: Did fashanu,onuoha,agbolahon,olisadebe,ameobi etc play 4 9ja? Tel me wat fate befell dem pls

They still have their career, I dont know whats your point is, They all have a long blissful career, its not that playing for Nigeria would increase their profile on the world stage for example... let put John Fashanu who didnt play for Nigeria and Henry Nwosu who played for Nigeria? Fashanu still became Nigerian Abassador of football. Most of these player opt not to play for Nigeria because they have seen the treatment some of the Nigerian players get... Anichebi was dropped from the world cup squad for who Kanu? WHY £££££££££££$$$$$$$$$$

Nuff said
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by Chofa(m): 11:36am On Sep 21, 2012
Even Asamoah Gyan is still on twitter , he was verbally abused and also threatened, Mikel is such a Baby.
hovic: If you abused Mikel, you aren't a supporter,
it's as simple as that. We don't want you
and we don't need you. Thanx...
John Obi Mikel de-activated his twitter
accounts because fans were verbally
abusing him. The fans that abused him are
pathetic.
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by omar22(m): 11:37am On Sep 21, 2012
caseless: @omar22. We'r 9jrians and wateva hapens 2 a compatriot shld wory us no matter whr and who is involvd. Wat hapnd to 2face, if u were d one how wld u take it? if we want 2 judge, Let's judge disintrestedly pls.

What am saying is that something happened to 2 Nigerian celeb, most took one side of the story to judge the other, some are more distressed about the issue than both Mikel and 2Face, its like when 2 rappers where dissing each other and people where rushing out to hear what this one os going to say when the truth came out ot was a publicity stunt to sell records, the same move the Late Ayinde Barrister and Kolington Ayinla did in the late 80's to sell 000s of records, please dont get hoodwinked into what happens between 2 Nigerian Celebs
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by luluosas(m): 11:40am On Sep 21, 2012
Well, everybody reacts differently to the same issue but, if I were Mikel, I would have simply block those racist fans without deactivating the account. My thought!
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by omar22(m): 11:46am On Sep 21, 2012
luluosas: Well, everybody reacts differently to the same issue but, if I were Mikel, I would have simply block those racist fans without deactivating the account. My thought!

Exactly, Its like saying Barack Obama should not sleep because of FOX News? common men life is not about all flowers and roses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp7psE585Ek

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by Clemzy16(m): 11:51am On Sep 21, 2012
What is it with celebrities and twitter. Gosh! I hate that site. Too technical..
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by shegzymoni: 11:57am On Sep 21, 2012
Kakability: Mistakes or no mistake he still get paid in full. Remember if no mistakes no goal. Those same people that tweet racise abusd against him will one day queue up for his autograph...watch nd see.
bro, na lie ooo, some goals no gt answer. There are clean goals with nobody's fault
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by sleeky8(m): 11:59am On Sep 21, 2012
redsun:

Have ever asked youself why they think it is practically impossible for an african country to win the world cup?Because they know africans are not up to it,and you are not up to it when you dont believe in yourself,like most of you here that find solace in foreign racist football clubs when you have home clubs that are crying out for support,publicity and development.

Oyinbos got you guys with publicity and graphics and you think there are more to it than kicking footballs,making money and calling names.Your interest in them,makes them richer and superior and you,more foo-lish and poor.

Guy its obvious u hav neva watchd a 9ja premier league match, its complete crap, d home team always wins, d pitch is worse and officiatin very bad. Jutapose dat wit English premier league and u wil c quality.
And yes i wil neva again go to 9ja stadium and watch any match.
Plus all dese fools complainin of being calld "monkeys" r stupid. Lak crusly i earn 75k pound per week, i wil readily accept any name even dance sum "monkey" dance.
If u live in 9ja u go prefer monkey chants to d insults way u go receive.
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by meritdee(m): 12:04pm On Sep 21, 2012
Clemzy16: What is it with celebrities and twitter. Gosh! I hate that site. Too technical..

Lwkm... But bro, twitter is so simple once u understand it. Its like a way for the fans to get closer to their chosen celebrities. Mind u, its addictive and any mistake their can harm u. 'Rave of the moment', so they say but could be used as a powerful tool to cause unrest anywhere in the world. Its advantage : Informations are spread faster on it unlike other social networks.
I still dey laff at dat ur comment tho.
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by demitola(m): 12:32pm On Sep 21, 2012
Na today? Mikel should have more to worry about than Racism. How abt beefin up his game amidst evriday club competitn. Ronaldo is bein called Gaynaldo, Messi is bein called dwarf or pessi, Dani-Alves donkey-ear. Let him be more impaktful teamwise and he wld enjoy gud comments frm fans world-allover, he should av understood well dis football job by now
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by kcsider: 12:36pm On Sep 21, 2012
But it wasn't entirely Mikel's fualt that the give Juve the equaliser. it was because John Terry decided to mark the scorer offside. JT ran away from the guy instead of marking him headlong. Why are they calling for Mikel's head? What of JT's error?
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by demitola(m): 12:48pm On Sep 21, 2012
meritdee:

Lwkm... But bro, twitter is so simple once u understand it. Its like a way for the fans to get closer to their chosen celebrities. Mind u, its addictive and any mistake their can harm u. 'Rave of the moment', so they say but could be used as a powerful tool to cause unrest anywhere in the world. Its advantage : Informations are spread faster on it unlike other social networks.
I still dey laff at dat ur comment tho.
but sinciali i av d same tot as Clemzy16 abt twitter. Smtimes i wonder why i shld be door-waitin d upload of sm celebrity, or tweet my local contacts wen i av oda social ntwrks usable even widout d word-limit as its obtainabl in twitter. U can enlighten more doh
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by hammedkola(m): 12:55pm On Sep 21, 2012
Oyinbo with their wahala sha!
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by Compudoms(m): 1:01pm On Sep 21, 2012
Can anybody explain to me what Racism is? I beg
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by larimo(m): 1:03pm On Sep 21, 2012
Some people are naturally troubleshooters. Mikel played and excellent game for Chelsea that the commentators continually lauded. Lampard also made a silly mistake which fortunately Juventus didnt maximise. Ivanovic did the same. The first goal was a lack of concentration by defenders, same for the second.
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by Lalaska(m): 1:18pm On Sep 21, 2012
Not every player has the privilege of playing in the highest level in his lifetime. Mikel should avoid silly mistakes in big games like the champions league.
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by Olalekan0(m): 1:27pm On Sep 21, 2012
omar22:

Scholes is a playmaker

Busquets plays for Barcelona, even if my grandmother plays for barcelona she would score

Yayaa Toure plays as CM/Attacking midfielder,

Ballack is a second striker for Germany and a CM

Carrick is a CM

Mikel is a defensive midfielder

Claude Makalele scored 4 goals in 11 years (1 goal for real madrid) I guess he was rubbish as well, actually thats what the Club president said when he sold Makalele to chelsea he said he was Rubbish, and Zinedine Zidane said to the President when he bought David Beckham as his replacement, "Why respray the Rolls Royce, when you are selling the engine"

Carlo Ancelotti said Mikel reminds him of himself at AC Milan
while Makelele did not score plenty of goals during his time at Chelsea,he sure supplied a lot of sublime passes that resulted into very crucial goals. Tell me how many of mikel's passes has gone beyond Chelsea's own half?
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by omar22(m): 1:29pm On Sep 21, 2012
Lalaska: Not every player has the privilege of playing in the highest level in his lifetime. Mikel should avoid silly mistakes in big games like the champions league.

And who doesnt make mistakes..

Show me a goal and I would show you were the mistake lies
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by masterkey11: 1:29pm On Sep 21, 2012
Another typical Chelsea rubbish,hahaha passing by tho. grin
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by masterkey11: 1:33pm On Sep 21, 2012
Olalekan 0: while Makelele did not score plenty of goals during his time at Chelsea,he sure supplied a lot of sublime passes that resulted into very crucial goals. Tell me how many of mikel's passes has gone beyond Chelsea's own half?
. Carrick is a defensive midfielder anyways and he still scored.if people claim carrick plays offensively,then who plays defensive midfield 4 manutd?no xcuse d story remains he couldn't score a goal.even defenders score,I cud also remember tim Howard scored a goal for everyone last season.
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by omar22(m): 1:36pm On Sep 21, 2012
Olalekan 0: while Makelele did not score plenty of goals during his time at Chelsea,he sure supplied a lot of sublime passes that resulted into very crucial goals. Tell me how many of mikel's passes has gone beyond Chelsea's own half?

Makalele HARDLY PASSES the half way line under Mourinho this including the full backs... I would say it again the water carriers role is to screen the defence...

Didier Deschamp the original "Water Carrier" only scored 8 goals in 10 years (1990 - 2000) and he won everything captaining france to both World and European cup, CL with both Merseille and Juventus
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by meritdee(m): 1:36pm On Sep 21, 2012
demitola:
but sinciali i av d same tot as Clemzy16 abt twitter. Smtimes i wonder why i shld be door-waitin d upload of sm celebrity, or tweet my local contacts wen i av oda social ntwrks usable even widout d word-limit as its obtainabl in twitter. U can enlighten more doh

Like I wrote, Informations spreads faster on twitter than any other social networks (arguably). You don't have to. Follow celebrity alone, u can get closer to ur mentor and even exchange private messages. You try and be disciplined in selecting the people u wanna follow, it could be career-wise, humour, entertainment and even trouble. Once this people tweets, you get to see their tweets on ur 'Time Line' which is the same as 'wall' on facebook. You can retweet this tweets to ur followers too or use it to ask questions. For example: When u are following someone like @gidi-traffic which people still rate as fastest means of knowing traffic situations in Lagos... You just have to mention the handle and ask about traffic situations around Lagos, U'd get answers within a min or 2 and u can ask other questions aside traffic issue. You can always read about people's opinions on different happenings in the world just like it is in forums.... It has its evil side too, which is what forced Mikel's hand to delete his @Mikel12official handle.... Hope u understand a lil
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 21, 2012
omar22:

Bro this is not the NAZI era, abeg joor you make it sound as if slave trade still exist, the worst a racist football fan could do is a monkey chant.. stick and stones... Mikel lives a far better life than Jonathan and his wife and you are saying he is been treated like a baboon.. Oh please!!!!!!!

Mikel's case is even better, imagine a player like eto'o being shown a banana on the field of play, he got so vexed that he left the pitch. How about being on a train with whites and all of a sudden, people beside, in front of, and behind you vacate their seat just cos you're black? Just imagine.
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by successmen: 2:02pm On Sep 21, 2012
IS FACEBOOK FOR SALE FOR DETAILS VISIT e-childtrust.com
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by amiskurie(m): 2:19pm On Sep 21, 2012
Bishop4bella: If i may ask, who did mikel abuse, pls i want to know not jest to follow threads blindly and again am nt a fun of chelsea but is not mikel mistake dat makes Jave draw the match.
maybe Mikel abused chelsea,and u abused the thread!!!cheesy cheesy
Re: Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 21, 2012
Mikel's oyibo paddies have turned against him na
he is a sell out
snubbing Tuface
Snubbing Nigeria time and time again
believing the hype about him self
nonsense
even seelin out to John Terry
He is getting old,and is no longer the hot cake that he was.
He better save his cash because very soon he will be out n playn for leagues in Kazakstan and Azerbijan...but knowing how dumb he is,he probably still belives his hype

Pride comes before a hard fall

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ogenyi Onazi Begins Recovery Process After Successful Surgery (photos) / Arsenal Star Alex Iwobi Celebrates 20th Birthday, Shares Childhood Photos / Ahmed Musa Scores To Rescue Leicester City, As Fans Congratulate Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.