Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,621 members, 7,918,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:23 PM

Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees (28708 Views)

Kano Deports 60,000 Beggars To Four States, Other Countries / BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! / Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by bittyend(m): 10:55pm On Sep 26, 2012
The deportation is sad but it was justified because Igbos are notorious for running their mouth. You have got other ethnic groups in Lagos living peacefully/side-by-side with their host, and none has ever laid claim to the state. However, an Igbo man would always want to lay claim to everything; once you give him an inch, he would add another CM to it. Personally, I can't stand people with that character trait and there is an unwritten rule about respecting your hosts. But Igbos will always be Igbos. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by asha80(m): 10:56pm On Sep 26, 2012
Crayola1:

Borrowing money is out of the question?
Are their other resources can be utilized and dont come out of the ground.

You troop because you accept the card dealt to you.

it seems you do not know naija well.borrow money?do you know most states are finding it difficult to pay 18000 min.wage becauae of expenses and and their debt profile(how do they even intend to pay back with low IG) and you are talking about more debt.please study about the strucure nigeria is running and try and find out why there is clamour for the restructuring of the nation.

what we are practicing is not sustainable.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 26, 2012
asha 80:

it seems you do not know naija well.borrow money?do you know most states are finding it difficult to pay 18000 min.wage becauae of expenses and and their debt profile(how do they even intend to pay back with low IG) and you are talking about more debt.please study about the strucure nigeria is running and try and find out why there is clamour for the restructuring of the nation.

what we are practicing is not sustainable.

and you think he didn't know these already?
seems you don't know how wickedness dumps the brain and skews understanding
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Crayola1: 10:59pm On Sep 26, 2012
asha 80:

man you are not making sense.the brigde connects delta state and anammbra state.

again if you think you can just bulldoze there and repair the bridge or build the bridge in that axis then you know nothing about nigeria and how it is structured.you think the fg will sit down and allow you to do that?it might sound absurd but fg will stop you from repairing that brigde as far as it is under the fg.why didn't lagos repair 3rd mainland bridge even when it was clear it had issues as important as the brigde is and despite that is in lagos state until fg stepped in?

So what is the solution then? I'm hearing a lot of what cant be done and not alot of what can be done. Are the only rights guaranteed under your constitution the right to be born, live, and die? Permanent victims of circumstance?
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 26, 2012
Crayola1:

So what is the solution then? I'm hearing a lot of what cant be done and not alot of what can be done. Are the only rights guaranteed under your constitution the right to be born, live, and die? Permanent victims of circumstance?

i rest my case
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Crayola1: 11:03pm On Sep 26, 2012
re@lchange:

and you think he didn't know these already?
seems you don't know how wickedness dumps the brain and skews understanding

Im aaking question because it seems like even pissing in ones home is regulated by Abuja..

So if Lagos stops existing today you will all commit suicide, because there are no other options?
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Crayola1: 11:07pm On Sep 26, 2012
re@lchange:

i rest my case

Continue resting your case, while insults are being rained upon your head. I believe in preserving ones dignity but you rather sacrifice your own for a poor man's version of Jakarta/manila.

Ezeagu mentioned something once about this and true to form you've proven his point.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by asha80(m): 11:08pm On Sep 26, 2012
Crayola1:

again i reiterate there is a reason there is a strong clamour the restructuring of the country or snc or shouts about practicing federalism the way it is supposed to.again from the way you sound really dot know much about the way nigeria is structured am sorry to say.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by asha80(m): 11:09pm On Sep 26, 2012
Crayola1:

Im aaking question because it seems like even pissing in ones home is regulated by Abuja.

So if Lagos stops existing today you will all commit suicide, because there are no other options?

do you know about concurrent and exclusive lists in the so called constitution?

what do you mean by commiting suicide if lagos stops existing?
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Crayola1: 11:11pm On Sep 26, 2012
asha 80:

Name what can be done by states currently....

Start from there....
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 26, 2012
Crayola1:

Im aaking question because it seems like even pissing in ones home is regulated by Abuja..

the options are gradually cropping up in the east
soon enugu airport will start full international operations, and by that alone about 50% of easterners who used to go through lagos will stop doing that. when the rich igbo business men in lagos notice that the business travelers from the east now base and operate from the east, they will gradually relocate to the east or become poor almost overnight. let me just throw a rough guess -10 years max they will complete that relocation leaving desperados behind.

Yoruba people will get what you are planning sooner than you think
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Crayola1: 11:13pm On Sep 26, 2012
asha 80:

what do you mean by commiting suicide if lagos stops existing?

You said that all the development is targeted to select places while the rest suffer, so what will you do if Lagos is no more tomorrow since your state is legally bound to remain impoverished?
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Crayola1: 11:16pm On Sep 26, 2012
re@lchange:

the options are gradually cropping up in the east
soon enugu airport will start full international operations, and by that alone about 50% of easterners who used to go through lagos will stop doing that. when the rich igbo business men in lagos notice that the business travelers from the east now base and operate from the east, they will gradually relocate to the east or become poor almost overnight. let me just throw a rough guess -10 years max they will complete that relocation leaving desperadoes behind.

Yoruba people will get what you are planning sooner than you think

Why do you have to wait until x to do something? If you care that much you will start investing today since various options exist. There are ports in the SS as well as airports, what is the hold up?

I'm not Yoruba or Nigerian for that matter.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 26, 2012
Crayola1:
Why do you have to wait until x to do something? If you care that much you will start investing today since various options exist. There are ports in the SS as well as airports, what is the hold up?

who are you then? biafran?
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by asha80(m): 11:21pm On Sep 26, 2012
Crayola1:

You said that all the development is targeted to select places while the rest suffer, so what will you do if Lagos is no more tomorrow since your state is legally bound to remain impoverished?

you are yet to answer my question about concurrent and exclusive lists.

whoever told you people are not existing or living well in other places outside lagos?this is about giving every section of the country equal opportunity/infrastructure to pursue it aspirations so that 'traffic' can be 'diverted' from lagos and abuja presently.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by DuduNegro: 11:22pm On Sep 26, 2012
These ibos have no home.....they are homeless. Like i said before they beyer make damn sure they support and vote for ACN come2015 or they will be getting a oneway ride to Onitsha depot. We just drop them there and let them sort out thwir different lands.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 26, 2012
looplat:

who are you then? biafran?

She is my Biafran wife who doesn't want to be identified as a Biafran.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by asha80(m): 11:25pm On Sep 26, 2012
Crayola1:

okay let me give an eg.the river port in onitsha was just completed recently by fg.let us say that maybe anambra decided to build the onitsha port how would barges berth there if the river niger is not dredged?or is anambra going to dredged the river all the way from lokoja to to atlantic ocean?

as for the bolded i can now understand why you seem to not know the terrain or how things operate here.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Crayola1: 11:26pm On Sep 26, 2012
asha 80:

you are yet to answer my question about concurrent and exclusive lists.

whoever told you people are not existing or living well in other places outside lagos?this is about giving every section of the country equal opportunity/infrastructure to pursue it aspirations so that 'traffic' can be 'diverted' from lagos and abuja presently.

My point straight from another Igbo persons mouth.

ezeagu: Let's say the truth: The Igbo middle class is based in the distant over-crowded city called Lagos, they have created a whole society there and are embedded in the land. The only thing that's going to move them back to eastern Nigerian is a serious transformation in that region (which will not happen because they are needed for that), or if they are physically moved (Igbo people in Kano, for example, are only JUST moving because Boko Haram physically entered Kano and physically blew themselves up in their face, despite bombings happening all over Northern Nigeria for over a year, and pogroms for over 40).

We see the problem here already, the people who should be using this port (the port will survive, but this is about booming and taking some load off Lagos, right?) are not going to because they will not move from Lagos to suffer some months of discomfort, for decades or even centuries of having their own. Until Igbo people can find a way to transplant their middle and upper class from Abuja and Lagos into the dead city of Enugu, the okay city of Owerri, and the terrible city's of Onicha and Aba, etc. We will continue to see failed eastern project, such as the sabotaged Tinapa, and people will continue to harass/insult millions of Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 26, 2012
The problem with the Igbo people
Ikegwuoha Bernard-Thompson 12/10/2011 08:42:00

As Professor Nwabueze forthrightly stated in his Ahajioku Lecture in 1985 that: “The Igbo people have no leader of any kind: religious or otherwise. They are to drift without proper direction and guidance.” Even Professor Chinua Achebe in discussing “The Trouble With Nigeria” emphatically indicated that: “The real problem with the Igbos since Independence is precisely the absence of the kind of central leadership which their competitors presume and (prescribe) for them. This lack has left them open to self-seeking, opportunistic leaders who offered them no help at all in coping with a new Nigeria in which individual progress would no longer depend on [hard-work] and the rules set by a fairly impartial colonial umpire.” In line with Nwabueze and Achebe’s viewpoints, I must categorically state here that I strongly condemn the phenomenon of self-seeking opportunistic and/or self-acclaimed and self-interested leaders of Igbo people.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/commentaries/back-page-comments/ikegwuoha-bernard-thompson/22658.html
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 26, 2012
the only thing i can get from all these is that any igbo man who as much as builds a shack, or invests in any fixed infrastructure in lagos is manifestly fatuous and hopelessly asinine.

though this current nonsense would definitely affect more non-igbos of the east than igbos, the lesson still extends to all easterners
so, ndigbo stop investing in lagos
open your eyes
go home!
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ibos dont have direction.
Ibos need to be assimilated into other tribes, ibo nation is dead.

Amadioha has spoken.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by dayokanu(m): 11:29pm On Sep 26, 2012
Igbos una dey hear so. Leave lagos and Go home.

Charity begins in Enugu not Lagos
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 26, 2012
Can ibos stay in their region? would ibo country contain you?
Ibo dont have anywhere to go, abeg pray Nigeria never breaks up. if not, there would be another
saravejo in the east. Battle of supremacy among eastern tribes and subsequently the balkanization of the east.

Amadiaoha has spoken.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Crayola1: 11:32pm On Sep 26, 2012
Dudu_Negro: These ibos have no home.....they are homeless. Like i said before they beyer make damn sure they support and vote for ACN come2015 or they will be getting a oneway ride to Onitsha depot. We just drop them there and let them sort out thwir different lands.

This is what you are fight for? The exclusive privilage to be insulted Asha80

So instead of looking for a way to change your faith, you rather take insult from a demented monkey who believes that it was his mother who gave birth to the prophet Mohammad?

This is what you get as a reward for gassing up medioricity...
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 26, 2012
dayokanu: Igbos una dey hear so. Leave lagos and Go home.

Charity begins in Enugu not Lagos

your home is ogbomosho though grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Crayola1: 11:34pm On Sep 26, 2012
re@lchange:
the only thing i can get from all these is that any igbo man who as much as builds a shack, or invests in any fixed infrastructure in lagos is manifestly fatuous and hopelessly asinine.

though this current nonsense would definitely affect more non-igbos of the east than igbos, the lesson still extends to all easterners
so, ndigbo stop investing in lagos
open your eyes
go home!

Finally you get what I'm saying cheesy
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Nobody: 11:35pm On Sep 26, 2012
Crayola1:

Finally you get what I'm saying cheesy

never said i didn't
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by asha80(m): 11:35pm On Sep 26, 2012
Crayola1:

My point straight from another Igbo persons mouth.

have you asked what drove them to those places in the first instant?it is exactly why those same infrastructure has to be replicated everywhere so that those places mentioned would stop making noise about congestions.yes it might take time even if these infrastructures are put on the ground because they have become used to other places but still it has to be done and sadly these infrastructureas are largely fg controlled hence the call for the resruring of the country.funnily enough the people are the forefront of the call are not even necessarily from the east.

again this is also about what is about the happen in abuja as already happen to lagos.i also wonder why are ignoring other groups that are also aiding to populate these places and focusing on igbo.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by dayokanu(m): 11:35pm On Sep 26, 2012
looplat: Ibos dont have direction.
Ibos need to be assimilated into other tribes, ibo nation is dead.

Amadioha has spoken.

No history, No identity nothing to hold on to

Thats why some would say they are descendant of Jews,

Another says "the communities known as Umu-Nri regard themselves as the descendants of a hero called Eri, who along with his wife, Nnamaku, was sent down from the sky by Chukwu, the Igbo supreme God"

Another says "The second origin is the Benin or Oduduwa origin. These Igbos were believed to be a part of the descendants of Oduduwa, the father of the Yorubas, and originated from Benin Kingdom only to settle at River line area or the Ika Igbo country land of the Igbo man in 17th century A.D. Dr. K. O. Dike, in support of this assertion, said that there was an eastward movement of population from Benin in 17th century A.D., which resulted in increased population of the Western, or Ika Igbo country".

Amother says "The Igbo origin is the Benue River Region origin. These Igbos migrated from Igala country of the Benue River country into Igbo belt late 17th century A.D. to avoid the Fulani slave trade. Majority of these Igala Igbos settled in the Northern part of the Igbo territory."
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Nobody: 11:36pm On Sep 26, 2012
err mr ogbomosho, you are next.

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by dayokanu(m): 11:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
re@lchange:

your home is ogbomosho though grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Never in doubt my home is Ogbomosho in Oyo State.

I am just a resident of Lagos NOT an indigene. Unlike some people who wan die for another man land claiming its No mans Land

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

2019: Sule Lamido For President Posters Flood Lagos PDP Secretariat / Bukola Saraki Meets With Albino Foundation (Photos) / Dollar Bribes Received By Lawmakers To Pass PIB - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.