Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,138 members, 7,970,504 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 10:26 AM

Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity (31520 Views)

1000 NAMES, TITLES, AND ATTRIBUTES OF GOD (A-Z)WITH BIBLE VERSES / Is God A Creature Or A Creator?. / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 11, 2012
Ihedinobi:

But you're already discombobulated, aren't you? In fact, you're pretty close to lunacy, so what's so surprising about your inability to comprehend elementary math?

what do you know about maths, olodo !

so 1+1+1 = 1 , no ?

or is it now 1 X 1 x 1 = 1 , lol !!
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by gbrookes02: 8:55pm On Oct 11, 2012
ijawkid:

It seems u have forgotten that the almighty cannot be seen and cannot die.....did it escape your thoughts??

Did it??

The almighty does not need to come in human form because he is the almighty.....

No man can see the almighty and yet live...that is why the almighty sends his representatives.......

Now can you explain why the almighty who came to the earth didn't knw when the end will come??did he suffer from amnesia??

Jesus didn't create himself,he was created by Yahweh his God........

That is why Jesus is the image of Yahweh just as you and I are........

You still have not explained, why can't The Almighty enter into His creation, and take on a human nature, and become a man or be made a man,You still have not explained why can't The Almighty enter into His creation, and take on a human nature, and become a man or be made a man, have humans to see Him as a man, and they not die for seeing Him as a man, and The Almighty dying as far as where His human nature is concerned? Why? why? Why? What prevents the Almighty from do just that?

Jesus as far as where His human nature is concern did not know everything including the time of His return. But in His God nature as God He knew everything including the time of His return.
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by ijawkid(m): 9:00pm On Oct 11, 2012
gbrookes02:

Go to page 9 at 4:05pm On Oct 10, and you will see where I address the meaning of one flesh. Adam was before Eve, and in authority he was greater than Eve.

Oh adam was before eve,but u disagree Yahweh was b4 Jesus.....you and your cohorts claim Jesus existed simulteneously the same time with his God and Father (Yahweh)...

You see yourself??
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Goshen360(m): 9:02pm On Oct 11, 2012
frosbel:

so 1+1+1 = 1 , no ?

People who don't know how to handle you will keep going in circle with you. Again, I ask this eternal question as I call the eternal witness from scripture to bear witness against you,

New International Version (©1984)
But about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom. Hebrews 1:8

Here the Father calls the Son, Jesus Christ God.

The second witness is called against you in the courtroom,

Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'" John 20:17

Here the Son called The Father another. The Father didn't say the Son is god as it denotes a lower case "g" but God. The Father says the Son is God.

Now @ Frosbel, Can you say to the whole WORLD that the Son as called by Father in Hebrews 1:8 is NOT God
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by gbrookes02: 9:04pm On Oct 11, 2012
ijawkid:

It seems u have forgotten that the almighty cannot be seen and cannot die.....did it escape your thoughts??

Did it??

The almighty does not need to come in human form because he is the almighty.....

No man can see the almighty and yet live...that is why the almighty sends his representatives.......

Now can you explain why the almighty who came to the earth didn't knw when the end will come??did he suffer from amnesia??

Jesus didn't create himself,he was created by Yahweh his God........

That is why Jesus is the image of Yahweh just as you and I are........

You still have not explained, why can't The Almighty enter into His creation, and take on a human nature, and become a man or be made a man, have humans to see Him as a man and they not die for seeing Him as a man, and The Almighty dying as far as where His human nature is concerned? Why? why? Why? What prevents the Almighty from do just that?

Jesus as far as where His human nature is concern did not know everything including the time of His return. But in His God nature as God He knew everything including the time of His return
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by ijawkid(m): 9:07pm On Oct 11, 2012
[quote author=gbrookes02][/quote]

Are you suffering from amnesia??

You just said Jesus was fully God and fully man...that infact Jesus was God the almighty in human flesh.......

My freind you either choose Jesus was a 100 percent perfect man when on earth and not God,or u choose he was fully God and man and also contradict yourself....

Jesus didn't say his god nature knew when the end will come while is earthly nature didn't know,... 100 percent Jesus said he didn't know,but only the Father knows.......

Jesus isn't all knowing.....read revelations 1:1.....and see where Jesus still recieves revelations from the Father.....

That is the reason why Jesus told his listeners back then that what ever he sees the Father ,so he does....

Jesus learns from his Father...

An all knowing being does not learn .........
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by ijawkid(m): 9:11pm On Oct 11, 2012
gbrookes02:

You still have not explained why can't The Almighty enter into His creation, and take on a human nature, and become a man or be made a man, and die as far as where His human nature is concerned? Why? why? Why? What prevents the Almighty from do just that?

Jesus as far as where His human nature is concern did not know everything including the time of His return. But in His God nature as God He knew everything including the time of His return

Because as the Boss of all boss Yahweh has servants and messangers he sends.....

Starting from Jesus to the angels and to the rest of us.......

We are all servants of Yahweh........

And also if Yahweh comes to the earth we will all die...because no flesh can see God and yet live....how many times do I have to tell you??

Yahweh is the most High...he can't be seen...
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by gbrookes02: 9:20pm On Oct 11, 2012
ijawkid:

Oh adam was before eve,but u disagree Yahweh was b4 Jesus.....you and your cohorts claim Jesus existed simulteneously the same time with his God and Father (Yahweh)...

You see yourself??

Jesus in His God nature as God existed simulteneously with The Father, so whats the problem with that?
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 11, 2012
[quote author=Goshen360]

People who don't know how to handle you will keep going in circle with you. Again, I ask this eternal question as I call the eternal witness from scripture to bear witness against you,

Friend, I am the last person to worry about threats !

But about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom. Hebrews 1:8

Here the Father calls the Son, Jesus Christ God.

So God calls his son God which according to Isaiah 9:6 is a valid statement.

The devil is the god of this age and Jesus is the God of the age to come, no ?

But Jesus is not Almighty GOD , the supreme ONE and ONLY Jehovah , the creator of heaven and earth. This GOD has no equal.

"To whom will you compare me or count me equal? To whom will you liken me that we may be compared? - Isaiah 46:5

And which throne will Jesus sit on, definitely not on God's throne, only Jehovah sits on his throne with Jesus at his right hand.

God is talking of the throne of the new age or new kingdom which will be made manifest in the form of the new earth and heaven.

Jesus shall sit on the throne of his father David in the new Jerusalem not in HEAVEN.

"He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David

2 Samuel 7:12 When your days are over and you rest with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, who will come from your own body, and I will establish his kingdom.

2 Samuel 7:13 He is the one who will build a house for my Name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever.

The gospel is the good news of the kingdom aka the new heaven and new earth wherein dwells righteousness and we shall have the King of Righteousness reign over us , hence God's prophetic future statement :

Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever;
a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
by anointing you with the oil of joy.”[e]

or

For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the greatness of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David’s throne
and over his kingdom,

establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the Lord Almighty
will accomplish this - Isaiah 9:6-7

- God called his Son God of the coming age
- but he still calls him his Son
- And he confirms his superiority over the Son by saying , 'Thy God'

God has no GOD , only a subordinate has a GOD.
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 11, 2012
The second witness is called against you in the courtroom,

Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'" John 20:17

Sorry this scripture clearly shows that Jesus acknowledges GOD as his father and GOD, please what is your point ?
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by gbrookes02: 9:34pm On Oct 11, 2012
ijawkid:

Are you suffering from amnesia??

You just said Jesus was fully God and fully man...that infact Jesus was God the almighty in human flesh.......

My freind you either choose Jesus was a 100 percent perfect man when on earth and not God,or u choose he was fully God and man and also contradict yourself....

Jesus didn't say his god nature knew when the end will come while is earthly nature didn't know,... 100 percent Jesus said he didn't know,but only the Father knows.......

Jesus isn't all knowing.....read revelations 1:1.....and see where Jesus still recieves revelations from the Father.....

That is the reason why Jesus told his listeners back then that what ever he sees the Father ,so he does....

Jesus learns from his Father...

An all knowing being does not learn .........

Why can't Jesus be fully 100% God, and fully 100% man
Rev. 1:1 doesn't mean Jesus doesn't know everything because Jesus recieved revelations from the Father. Jesus didn't receive revelation from The Father because He didn't know everything. He received it to give to His servants showing that in The Trinity He is subordinate as The Son to The Father read the passage properly.
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 11, 2012
gbrookes02:

Why can't Jesus be fully 100% God, and fully 100% man
Rev. 1:1 doesn't mean Jesus doesn't know everthing because Jesus recieved revelations from the Father. Jesus didn't receive revelation for The Father because He didn't know everthing. He received it to give to His servants showing that in The Trinity He subordinate as The Son to The Father read the passage properly.

You really need to throw of this catholic garbage and follow the real Jesus, stop holding on to this pagan creed and doctrine of demons.
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by gbrookes02: 9:40pm On Oct 11, 2012
ijawkid:

Because as the Boss of all boss Yahweh has servants and messangers he sends.....

Starting from Jesus to the angels and to the rest of us.......

We are all servants of Yahweh........

And also if Yahweh comes to the earth we will all die...because no flesh can see God and yet live....how many times do I have to tell you??

Yahweh is the most High...he can't be seen...

You still have not explained, why can't The Almighty enter into His creation, and take on a human nature, and become a man or be made a man,You still have not explained why can't The Almighty enter into His creation, and take on a human nature, and become a man or be made a man, have humans to see Him as a man, and they not die for seeing Him as a man, and The Almighty dying as far as where His human nature is concerned? Why? why? Why? What prevents the Almighty from do just that? Why can't God come as well?
Didn't people in the Old Testament saw God and did not die, didn't Abraham, Moses, Gideon, Samson's parents all saw God and did not die? They did saw God and not die because God veiled His glory to their eyes. Its is no one can see God in His full glory and live.
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 11, 2012
gbrookes02:

You still have not explained, why can't The Almighty enter into His creation, and take on a human nature, and become a man or be made a man,You still have not explained why can't The Almighty enter into His creation, and take on a human nature, and become a man or be made a man, have humans to see Him as a man, and they not die for seeing Him as a man, and The Almighty dying as far as where His human nature is concerned? Why? why? Why? What prevents the Almighty from do just that? Why can't God come as well?

1. It was never in prophetic scripture that God will one day die

2. God is immortal and by definition immortal means :

- immunity to death. God has been living forever and will live forever, he alone is immortal , self-existence and ALMIGHTY !

3. A Man, a real MAN had do die to redeem MAN from the curse of SIN.

4. This MAN will be born by a virgin with the Power of the Spirit of GOD as prophesied in scripture

5. He will come from the loins of David

6. To suggest that a part of GOD died while the other part of HIM was alive is insanity gone totally riot and the height of blasphemy.
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by ijawkid(m): 9:49pm On Oct 11, 2012
gbrookes02:

Jesus didn't receive revelation from The Father because He didn't know everthing. He received it to give to His servants showing that in The Trinity He subordinate as The Son to The Father read the passage properly.

This is one big hogwash..

Can you back what you just said with the bible??

Hw can one be subordinate to his equal??

According to you the Father and the Son are co-equal........

How come do we now have the issue of one being subordinate to the other??

How??

How does that ratify co-equality??

how can an all knowing (Jesus) still be recieveing revelations??I thought they were already stuck in his all knowingness.....

and may I ask::::

Does the holy spirit know when the end will come??it seems Jesus forgot to say anything about the holy spirit when he was telling his apostles that only the Father knew when the end will come........

Does the holy spirit know when d end will come??........
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Goshen360(m): 10:02pm On Oct 11, 2012
frosbel:

Sorry this scripture clearly shows that Jesus acknowledges GOD as his father and GOD, please what is your point ?

My point with you is, You said Jesus is NOT God but just a mere man. The simple question I want you to answer is NO threat even as I call the eternal witness against you this day. It is by no means any threat but calling witnesses of the Father from scriptures as what the Father himself calls the Son. It is simple, Does the Bible and The Father (God) also identified the Son as God? NOT "g"od. I have said in the past and will say it again, Jesus being God DOESN'T MEAN OR SAY He is the Father BUT Still God. Kindly answer the simple question, Is Jesus God By "God", I don't mean "g"od; I mean "G"od.. By simple answer, I meant, Yes, Jesus is God OR No, Jesus is not God according to plain scriptures in the bible. Very simple
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by gbrookes02: 10:13pm On Oct 11, 2012
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]

A better translation of the hebrew of Isaiah 9:6 is (Young's Literal Translation) "For a Child hath been born to us, A Son hath been given to us, And the princely power is on his shoulder, And He doth call his name Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace." Jesus is call "Father of Eternity" which is a hebrew idiom for saying that Jesus is eternal.

In Zechariah 12:1 Yahweh is speaking and Yahweh say concerning His scond coming in verse 10 "They will look on me, the one they have pierced", Revelation 1:7 (New International Version) "Look, he is coming with the clouds,”
and “every eye will see him,
even those who pierced him”;
and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.”
So shall it be! Amen."
If Yahweh here is not Jesus then explain how that is not so.

So frosbel, you now believe in more than one god, The Father is a god and The Son is a god, Since The Father called Jesus God does that mean Jesus is truly God? Satan is a false god.
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by gbrookes02: 10:30pm On Oct 11, 2012
frosbel:

frosbel remember John 20:28 (New International Version (©1984)) "Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!", Thomas correctly called Jesus God.
John 5:18 (New International Version (©1984)) "For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God." Jesus revealed to the Jews that He was equal to God, and they understood that.
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by gbrookes02: 10:46pm On Oct 11, 2012
frosbel:

1. It was never in prophetic scripture that God will one day die

2. God is immortal and by definition immortal means :

- immunity to death. God has been living forever and will live forever, he alone is immortal , self-existence and ALMIGHTY !

3. A Man, a real MAN had do die to redeem MAN from the curse of SIN.

4. This MAN will be born by a virgin with the Power of the Spirit of GOD as prophesied in scripture

5. He will come from the loins of David

6. To suggest that a part of GOD died while the other part of HIM was alive is insanity gone totally riot and the height of blasphemy.

Why can't God enter into His creation take on mortal human flesh in addition to His God nature have His human nature to die but His God nature not to die? Why can't it happened? What prevents Him from doing such?
In Zechariah 12:1,10 Yahweh prophesied that He will be fatally pierced, Revelation 1:7 says it was Jesus, so Yahweh of Zechariah 12:1,10 and Jesus of Revelation 1:7 are one and the same person.
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by gbrookes02: 10:52pm On Oct 11, 2012
ijawkid:

This is one big hogwash..

Can you back what you just said with the bible??

Hw can one be subordinate to his equal??

According to you the Father and the Son are co-equal........

How come do we now have the issue of one being subordinate to the other??

How??

How does that ratify co-equality??

how can an all knowing (Jesus) still be recieveing revelations??I thought they were already stuck in his all knowingness.....

and may I ask::::

Does the holy spirit know when the end will come??it seems Jesus forgot to say anything about the holy spirit when he was telling his apostles that only the Father knew when the end will come........

Does the holy spirit know when d end will come??........

A father and his son are equal as touching their human nature but the son is subordinate to his father in authority and role where the family is concern.
The Holy Spirit as God knows everything Jesus said only The Father knows because in the context of the discussion the conversation it was about Him and The Father only so in context of the discussion about Him and The Father only, in relation to Jesus only, as far as where His human nature is concern, only The Father who is God knows. You have to go with the context of the discussion. He did not forgot The Spirit, The Spirit was not apart of the discussion so there was no need to mention The Spirit plain and simple. Context, Context, Context.
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by ijawkid(m): 11:08pm On Oct 11, 2012
gbrookes02:

A better translation of the hebrew of Isaiah 9:6 is (Young's Literal Translation) "For a Child hath been born to us, A Son hath been given to us, And the princely power is on his shoulder, And He doth call his name Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace." Jesus is call "Father of Eternity" which is a hebrew idiom for saying that Jesus is eternal.

In Zechariah 12:1 Yahweh is speaking and Yahweh say concerning His scond coming in verse 10 "They will look on me, the one they have pierced", Revelation 1:7 (New International Version) "Look, he is coming with the clouds,”
So shall it be! Amen."

So frosbel, you now believe in more than one god, The Father is a god and The Son is a god, Since The Father called Jesus God does that mean Jesus is truly God? Satan is a false god.

And Yahweh is not Jesus......

Ok learn from this...

Let us review some
major translations
translated by Trinitarian
Greek scholars:

1...they shall look on him
whom they have thrust
through, and they shall
mourn for him (NAB)

2...they will look at the one
whom they stabbed to
death (TEV: Todays
English Version)

3....they will look at the one
whom they have pierced
(The Jerusalem Bible)

4...they shall look on him
whom they stabbed
(Moffatt)

5...they shall look at him
whom they have stabbed
(American Translation,
Goodspeed)

6...when they look on him
whom they have pierced,
they shall mourn for him
(RSV/NRSV)

Do you spot the difference from the NIV you quoted from??

Also let's look at how the apostle John referenced zecharia 12:10...

And again another
Scripture says, "They
shall look to him whom
they pierced." (John
19:37).
The reading of Zechariah
12:10 which John knows is
not "they shall look upon ME"
but "they shall look upon
HIM." (or more literally, "to
whom they pierced."wink.
Indeed, the reading
"him" (or "whom"wink instead of
"me" also appears in some
Hebrew manuscripts (F.F.
Bruce, History of the Bible
in English, pages 199, 200,
Lutterworth Press, 1979,
third edition). If one takes
the position that the Holy
Spirit inspired each and
every word which John
wrote, then one also must
insist that the Holy Spirit is
confirming to us which
reading of Zechariah 12:10 is
the correct reading.
Otherwise, one must then
conclude the Holy Spirit
inspired John to quote a
mistaken reading of
Zechariah 12:10.
Even further to the point,
John quotes Psalm 34:20,
"not a bone of his will be
broken." This is a reference
to a human being and John
quotes this verse along with
Zechariah 12:10. It is plainly
evident that John had
humanity, not divinity, in
mind when he quotes these
two verses. In other words,
John quoted both of these
passages in reference to
Jesus as a man. John 19:36
strongly suggests that there
is no possibility that John
himself perceived Zechariah
12:10 as referring to Jesus
as Yahweh in any respect.
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 11, 2012
gbrookes02:

Why can't God enter into His creation take on mortal human flesh in addition to His God nature have His human nature to die but His God nature not to die? Why can't it happened? What prevents Him from doing such?
In Zechariah 12:1,10 Yahweh prophesied that He will be fatally pierced, Revelation 1:7 says it was Jesus, so Yahweh of Zechariah 12:1,10 and Jesus of Revelation 1:7 are one and the same person.

[size=13pt]God is not a man[/size], that he should lie,[size=13pt]nor a son of man[/size], that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill? - Numbers 23:19
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 11, 2012
gbrookes02:

So shall it be! Amen."

There is only one Almighty God, Yahweh, the Most High (Ps 83:18). Jesus is not the Almighty God.

Now about Zech 12:10 "They will look on me, the one they have pierced". Obviously they did not literally pierce God, who was in heaven and whom Jesus spoke to when he was dying. (Matt. 27:46 - "About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"--which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?""; Luke 23:46 - "Jesus called out with a loud voice, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." When he had said this, he breathed his last." ) God could not die, and then resurrect himself. (Ps. 90:2 - "Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God." )
Yet as Jesus Christ was Yahweh’s representative, in piercing Jesus they could be said to be piercing Yahweh. When sending out his disciples to preach Jesus said: “The one who receives you receives me, and the one who receives me receives the one who sent me.” - Matt. 10:40.This shows that in receiving Jesus we receive Yahweh who sent him. In like manner, to pierce Jesus is to pierce Yahweh who sent him. It does not prove Jesus and Jehovah are one, any more than it proves Jesus and his disciples are literally one.

In a different case God showed that to reject his representative (Samuel) is to reject Him - “They have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me.” (1 Sam. 8:4-7) In rejecting God's representative they rejected God, in effect; but this did not make Samuel one with Yahweh in a trinity.

You guys need to make up your mind on how to explain your Trinity mystery. When it suits you, Jesus and Yahweh are distinct and different personalities. When it doesn't they are one and the same person.

Is Jesus a distinct personality from Yahweh?
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by ijawkid(m): 11:16pm On Oct 11, 2012
gbrookes02:

A father and his son are equal as touching their human nature but the son is subordinate to his father in authority and role where the family is concern.
The Holy Spirit as God knows everything Jesus said only The Father knows because in the context of the discussion the conversation it was about Him and The Father only so in context of the discussion about Him and The Father only, in relation to Jesus only, as far as where His human nature is concern, only The Father who is God knows. You have to go with the context of the discussion. He did not forgot The Spirit, The Spirit was not apart of the discussion so there was no need to mention The Spirit plain and simple. Context, Context, Context.

Another hogwash.....

I need you to quote scriptures to back up this thing you wrote.......

Jesus mentioned the angels along with him as not knowing when the end will come except the Father....

How come the angels who were real persons part of the gist ,but the holy spirit who is purported to be a person and the 3rd person in the trinity not be in that discussion??I smell confusion and absurdity..!!!!!.......

How come were the angels involved??

My bro you got no way to explain this.......

Does the holy spirit if its a person know when the end will come??

If Yes,open just one scripture to prove it.....we already know Jesus doesn't know...
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 11, 2012
frosbel:

so 1+1+1 = 1 , no ?

Interesting. You didn't even read what I wrote. But then, that's still to be expected. There are only two things you do with counter arguments: get confused by them or not read them. These days (not that I've ever seen otherwise in the past sha), you never read and understand them and therefore answer them substantially.

Edited.
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 11, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Interesting. You didn't even read what I wrote. But then, that's still to be expected. There are only two things you do with counter arguments: get confused by them or not read them. These days (not that I've ever seen otherwise in the past sha), you never read and understand them and therefore answer them substantially.

Edited.

Insult me for as long you like and can , your brother seems to have taught you some of his ' Christian manners ' , it bothers me not one iota trust me , we are not here to make friends but debate and discuss.
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 11, 2012
frosbel:

Insult me for as long you like and can , your brother seems to have taught you some of his ' Christian manners ' , it bothers me not one iota trust me , we are not here to make friends but debate and discuss.

Funny frosbel. smiley Now, you accuse me of insulting you. How did I do so? Perhaps you are just seeing a reflection of yourself, what with all the "olodo" you've been hurling about at everyone whose arguments demolish your position? undecided
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 11, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Funny frosbel. smiley Now, you accuse me of insulting you. How did I do so? Perhaps you are just seeing a reflection of yourself, what with all the "olodo" you've been hurling about at everyone whose arguments demolish your position? :\

Is the bolded wishful thinking , or are you having one of those of your day dreams again ? grin

By the time I am finished, people will forsake this 3-god monster of yours, trust me !!!
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Boomark(m): 11:48pm On Oct 11, 2012
gbrookes02:

Why would say such a thing? Have you forgotten that the fullness of Godhead dwells in Him bodily? Col2:9

let me show you how it works. Read what happened here @ Rev1:1 well well until you understand it.

New International Version
(©1984)
The revelation of Jesus
Christ, which God gave
him to show his servants
what must soon take
place.
He made it known
by sending his angel to
his servant John,

As it pleases the Father.
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by gbrookes02: 12:00am On Oct 12, 2012
ijawkid:

And Yahweh is not Jesus......

Ok learn from this...

Let us review some
major translations
translated by Trinitarian
Greek scholars:

1...they shall look on him
whom they have thrust
through, and they shall
mourn for him (NAB)

2...they will look at the one
whom they stabbed to
death (TEV: Todays
English Version)

3....they will look at the one
whom they have pierced
(The Jerusalem Bible)

4...they shall look on him
whom they stabbed
(Moffatt)

5...they shall look at him
whom they have stabbed
(American Translation,
Goodspeed)

6...when they look on him
whom they have pierced,
they shall mourn for him
(RSV/NRSV)

Do you spot the difference from the NIV you quoted from??

Also let's look at how the apostle John referenced zecharia 12:10...

And again another
Scripture says, "They
shall look to him whom
they pierced." (John
19:37).
The reading of Zechariah
12:10 which John knows is
not "they shall look upon ME"
but "they shall look upon
HIM." (or more literally, "to
whom they pierced."wink.
Indeed, the reading
"him" (or "whom"wink instead of
"me" also appears in some
Hebrew manuscripts (F.F.
Bruce, History of the Bible
in English, pages 199, 200,
Lutterworth Press, 1979,
third edition). If one takes
the position that the Holy
Spirit inspired each and
every word which John
wrote, then one also must
insist that the Holy Spirit is
confirming to us which
reading of Zechariah 12:10 is
the correct reading.
Otherwise, one must then
conclude the Holy Spirit
inspired John to quote a
mistaken reading of
Zechariah 12:10.
Even further to the point,
John quotes Psalm 34:20,
"not a bone of his will be
broken." This is a reference
to a human being and John
quotes this verse along with
Zechariah 12:10. It is plainly
evident that John had
humanity, not divinity, in
mind when he quotes these
two verses. In other words,
John quoted both of these
passages in reference to
Jesus as a man. John 19:36
strongly suggests that there
is no possibility that John
himself perceived Zechariah
12:10 as referring to Jesus
as Yahweh in any respect.

Upon further research of Zechariah 12:10 I must say that you are correct, and I am wrong.
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by ijawkid(m): 12:05am On Oct 12, 2012
gbrookes02:

Upon further research of Zechariah 12:10 I must say that you are correct, and I am wrong.

What??....

What do you mean??
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by gbrookes02: 12:10am On Oct 12, 2012
frosbel:

[size=13pt]God is not a man[/size], that he should lie,[size=13pt]nor a son of man[/size], that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill? - Numbers 23:19

All that mean is that God in His God nature can't die, but you still have not explain why can't God enter into His creation take on mortal human flesh in addition to His God nature have His human nature to die but His God nature not to die which will not in anyway violate Numbers 23:19 because as far as where His God nature is concern He never died? Why can't it happened? What prevents Him from doing such?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (27) (Reply)

Bad Deal Exposes Nigeria’s Fake Miracle Syndicate / Moment Lady Harassed Street Preacher For Preaching Against Homosexuality(photos) / David Ibiyeomie Curses Yahoo Boys "You'll Get Accident"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.