Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,054 members, 7,906,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 06:21 PM

Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion (19698 Views)

President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. / Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark / PH Shooting: Jonathan Leading Nigeria To Hell - Fani-kayode (Published Last Yr) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 05, 2012
wbankz: i can only think of one man prof pat utomi......shikenna

https://www.nairaland.com/427577/pat-utomi-forms-new-party

http://ngmix.net/lib/vendor/web/articles/2/1702.html

PROMOTERS of the mega-party initiative, Mega Summit Movement (MSM), yesterday in Abuja disclosed their plans to transmute into a new political party in the New Year.

The MSM also yesterday launched its official website and public relations outlet: www.nigeriamegamovement.org.

Since inception, the MSM has been operating as political movement with the aim of "bringing all democrats under one political umbrella as a mega-party."

But after a meeting of the group, which was led by the presidential candidate of African Democratic Congress (ADC), Prof. Pat Utomi, he disclosed that plans had been completed to turn the MSM into a full-fledged political party in 2010.

About 25 representatives of various political parties and organisations were at the meeting. They promised to pool resources together to fight the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Utomi said the MSM had been able to bring prominent politicians into its fold, including former Head of State, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, erstwhile Vice President, Atiku Abubakar and former Governor Attahiru Bafarawa.

He dismissed assertions that the choice of the mega-party's presidential candidate would destroy the current unity of purpose among the MSM faithful.

Utomi said: "For the avoidance of doubt, the mega summit of the MSM will hold early next year. It is at that summit that the new name of the political party and its final manifesto will be proclaimed. All we can reassure you is that many Nigerians have agreed to our agenda for a change and the formation of the mega-party.

"The MSM, for the past two months, has been traversing the country, consulting widely, collating information, mobilising the people and building the frame-work for the defence of our votes.

"In the course of this journey, we are happy to announce that there have been alignments and re-alignments of political forces and eminent Nigerians. A good example is the reconciliation of Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar and Attahiru Bafarawa and other eminent northerners.

"The same re-alignments of political forces are taking place in the South-South and the South-West among emergent pro-democracy platforms."

Utomi disclosed that the party's manifesto, which would be ratified next year, would promise "food for all, constant power supply, war against corruption, poverty alleviation and education for all."

He added: "MSM is poised to give Nigeria a new leadership with clear vision, detailed agenda and political will to transform the social infrastructure, curb corruption and invest in human capital. Nigerians are entitled to the greatest benefits from our natural endowment, so we frown at the deliberate attempt to deny Nigerians of our natural resources.

"MSM is founded on the core tenets of humanism and social democracy. Our position is to provide a united front, a granite coalition and pro-people agenda, for we do not want our dear country, which is endowed with enormous human and material resources, to drift into a failed state."

At the meeting were former Chief of Staff to the Bauchi State Government, Shehu Musa Gabam, Senator Suleiman Salau, Farouk Adamu Aliyu, Sani Obu Minista, Idris Aliyu and Capt. Isa Alishu (rtd).
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nuezha(m): 6:38pm On Nov 05, 2012
pDude:

Those two old, senile f00ls who are still trying to be relevant by quarter to the grave

Bruv please try again.
An African proverb says:
A young lad who says an aged man's mouth oozes, he has by extension insulted his lineage.
No more...no less!

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 05, 2012
Nigeria? - that country needs a Gaddafi-esque leader who would smack senses into the utterly dumb citizens and give them an identity... grin

Nigeria needs a dictator first, after that, we can talk about a leader.. undecided
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by EmmyDe25(m): 6:39pm On Nov 05, 2012
illitrate: FASHOLA
Fashola is just d ideal person. We nid a radical leader to get 2d promise land.
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by kingsniger(f): 6:44pm On Nov 05, 2012
sesandavid: Let's give Mohammud Buhari a chance!
shocked
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 05, 2012
Nuezha:
An African proverb says:
A young lad who says an aged man's mouth oozes, he has by extension insulted his lineage.
No more...no less!

Africa has the most proverbs yet how have these proverbs helped it?

Also Africa has the most poverty-stricken and most wicked people.

More than half a century has passed and yet the entire Africa has not been able to move an inch from where her colonial masters left off.

Proverb indeed undecided

Dude, dont tell me about Africa, that accursed place angry

1 Like

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 05, 2012
pDude:

More than half a century has passed and yet the entire Africa has not been able to move an inch from where her colonial masters left off.

Actually Africa has been able to move a MILE backwards from where her colonial masters left off. Africa is surely retrogressing back to its savage nature!
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by paleson(m): 6:47pm On Nov 05, 2012
Buhari/Tinubu
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by mascot87(m): 6:48pm On Nov 05, 2012
do you mean the man heading the boko boys negociation team?i wipe for naija cry
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 05, 2012
engineerd:

Actually Africa has been able to move a MILE backwards from where her colonial masters left off. Africa is surely retrogressing back to its savage nature!

Thanks bruv. wink

I couldn't have said it any better.
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by coogar: 6:52pm On Nov 05, 2012
shymexx: Nigeria? - that country needs a Gaddafi-esque leader who would smack senses into the utterly dumb citizens and give them an identity... grin

Nigeria needs a dictator first, after that, we can talk about a leader.. undecided

i agree with you here...
we are too immature for democracy as of yet - i am a bit surprised the military boys haven't taken matters into their hands yet with the way the politicians keep farting about and getting well-fed! a replica of tunde idiagbon is what we need - a no nonsense ultra-disciplined military dude who would ram his cöck into the butts of these charlatan politicians!
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 05, 2012
pDude:

Proverb indeed undecided

Fam, Africa is just a geographical location - Africans make up Africa... Don't blame the woes of Africans on Africa - Africa is the most blessed continent on this planet, however, Africans are too dumb to be able to utilize Africa's wealth to their advantage....

And you haven't moved an inch from where the colonial master(s) left you because you're stuck in trying to beat him at his game... Why can't Africans play their own and use what worked for them in the past? That's what you get when you're trying too hard to be what you're not... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by DANILSA(m): 6:54pm On Nov 05, 2012
50calibre: I think there is only one man capable of leading Nigeria now, he is fearless, he is educated and in touch with civilization and the respect for human rights and most of all he has a strict anti-corruption policy. His name is NUHU RIBADU
I THINK THAT IS WHAT MAKES NUHU RIBADU BETTER THAN BUHARI
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by DANILSA(m): 6:56pm On Nov 05, 2012
paleson: Buhari/Tinubu
I LAUGH IN SWAHILI. grin grin grin grin grin TWO AYATTOLAS lipsrsealed
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by kingsniger(f): 6:56pm On Nov 05, 2012
shymexx: Nigeria? - that country needs a Gaddafi-esque leader who would smack senses into the utterly dumb citizens and give them an identity... grin

: if u need a man like GADDAFI, then give gowon a chance and prepare to welcome military van loaded with bomb in your father's house.
Mtceeeew, esu
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by mmmustapha(m): 6:56pm On Nov 05, 2012
grin grin
tpapi: GOODLUCK EBELE AZIKIWE JONATHAN
cheesy
tpapi: GOODLUCK EBELE AZIKIWE JONATHAN
how many fathers jonathan have
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 05, 2012
coogar:
i agree with you here...
we are too immature for democracy as of yet - i am a bit surprised the military boys have t not taken matters into their hands yet with the way the politicians keep farting about and getting well-fed! a replica of tunde idiagbon is what we need - a no nonsense ultra-disciplined military dude who would ram his cöck into the butts of these charlatan politicians!

That's what Nigeria needs at the moment - someone who can change the system, and flush out all the corrupt bastards from the country... Then, proceed to changing the medieval orientation of the people to build an egalitarian society...

We need the Chinese model before we start talking about democracy!
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Afam4eva(m): 6:58pm On Nov 05, 2012
On a second thought, Nigeria is just too big for one person to run.
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 05, 2012
kingsniger: : if u need a man like GADDAFI, then give gowon a chance and prepare to welcome military van loaded with bomb in your father's house.
Mtceeeew, esu

You will never understand - too deep for simpletons! undecided
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Afam4eva(m): 7:01pm On Nov 05, 2012
The only time that Nigeria had any thing close to development was during regionalism. Why can't we go back to this system of government. A nation as gargantuan as Nigeria cannot be ruled by one person.
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 05, 2012
This shouldn't be far fetched. Hand over the reins of government to the US or british goverment and return after 50 years after we've built the institutions and infrastrure.
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by deols(f): 7:04pm On Nov 05, 2012
Buhari seems to have d highest mentions.

I doff my hat.

Can we get a younger Buhari. A more charismatic man with a Buhari sense and can have our trust.

In d absence of any, Buhari all d way!!!

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by seunajia: 7:05pm On Nov 05, 2012
The problem exactly. Most, and I dare say all, are aware of the object of BH and the innocence of Buhari. But because we are still yet unready to embrace anti-corruption and reforms that'll bring development, we associate him to BH in malice.

Why again? Because we're all perpetuators, because we don't want our corrupts brothers kicked out and punished!

We can keep on with the hypocrisy. Atleast until the uniform guys stop disappointing me.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 05, 2012
afam4eva: The only time that Nigeria had any thing close to development was during regionalism. Why can't we go back to this system of government. A nation as gargantuan as Nigeria cannot be ruled by one person.

I agree... However, if you're going to go back to that - have we been able to ameliorate the reasons why the first republic failed? Our founding fathers were all tribalists, and the country was built on a shaky foundation - that was why the first republic failed! (The video is on NL)...

We need to solve that first, and secondly, get rid of all the present corrupt elites in our midst - before we can start thinking about anything else...
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by kingsniger(f): 7:07pm On Nov 05, 2012
God forbid

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 05, 2012
shymexx:

Fam, Africa is just a geographical location - Africans make up Africa... Don't blame the woes of Africans on Africa - Africa is the most blessed continent on this planet, however, Africans are too dumb to be able to utilize Africa's wealth to their advantage....

And you haven't moved an inch from where the colonial master(s) left you because you're stuck in trying to beat him at his game... Why can't Africans play their own and use what worked for them in the past? That's what you get when you're trying too hard to be what you're not... undecided

I will buy you beer wink
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by 1313(m): 7:19pm On Nov 05, 2012
say wetin happen? Give him a chance to islamize Nigeria? Give him a chance to take powr to the North forever? Give him a chance for what? Pls don't provoke me o.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by MacLovington(m): 7:20pm On Nov 05, 2012
The right person to lead Nigeria is the very person that will never get the chance to rule. Just like Awo never got the chance. Nigeria was born as a mistake, baptised as a mistake and from all indications, every national move has been a mistake.

So Sir Ahmadu Bello's theory that Nigeria is the "mistake of 1914" would be a starting point to look at.You cannot pile mistake upon mistake and expect anything tangible.
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:23pm On Nov 05, 2012
Billyonaire: GEJ remains the only via option for now and Yes, he is capable of leading Nigeria now. Fashola will have my vote after 2019. He actually should be the one to take over from GEJ.

Dear Honest Nigerian Citizen & Patriot (correct me if I am wrong) Leadership is lost to Politicians (GEJ is a poor Politician) in Nigeria. if you honestly believe that Goodluck Jonathan is a Leader (in any true sense of the word) with the qualities to LEAD Nigeria out of her present predicament, then you are either blissfully ignorant of the situation (I doubt you are) or you are deliberately sacrificing your conscience and reasoning for some benefit (to the dire detriment of millions of Nigerians who truly need a TRUE Leader.) if the latter, then it is indeed a sad position you have chosen to make your stand. (as with a lot of other seemingly intelligent Nairalanders)

Unfortunately, given the present political circumstances (dearth True Political Leaders) GEJ is the only option. If only we all got our act together angry

If you can spare some time to bring this rare knowledge that majority of Nigerians are unaware of, please oblige me - Score GEJ (0-10) in the following areas that may determine what good Leadership is
1: OBJECTIVITY - Fairness in judgment-calls or decision-based solutions based on carefully VERIFIED FACTS (without bias)
2: INTEGRITY - Moral Character and Honestly to make state the TRUTH and make realistic (not idealistic) promises for the common good rather than "Political CABALS"
3: GOAL-DRIVEN - Engages specific, reasonable and achievable milestones with long-term (sustainable) results not quick-fixes
4: ACCOUNTABILITY - Is accountable for his actions (or in-actions) and encourages rank-file to be accountable for their actions and does not compromise or diverge from decisions of constituted institutions on delivering JUSTICE as and when called for.
5: RESPONSIBILITY - Possess an internal locus of control and understands the effects of his actions on internal and external stakeholders. Takes blame where due and collaborates and mediates rather than create conflict, tension, and separation.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by olanyte: 7:25pm On Nov 05, 2012
i will vote BUHARI AND FASHOLA.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by quicksylva(m): 7:27pm On Nov 05, 2012
Rochas Okorocha because of his landmark achievement, he made education free in all level in Imo state. Universities, Polytechnics, Secondary and Primary Schools (Bye, Bye to school fees). Currently he is the only Governor that is paying more than the stipulated minimum wage of N20000 instead of the initial N17500 agreed between labour and federal government, and many more like Roads, Transportation, infrastructure etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

You Can't Kill Your Way To Power - FFK Slams Fayemi / Osinbajo Suspended Official Meetings To Allow Muslims Observe Solat – Saidu / Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.