Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,106 members, 7,887,210 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:20 AM

"Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola (26629 Views)

Why Do Our Identity Cards Expire? / Synchronizing PVC, Drivers License, National Identity Cards, NHIS, ATM.. Etc / Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by coogar: 11:45pm On Nov 09, 2012
Horus: [img]http://www.naijaonpoint.com/wp-content/themes/NaijaOnPoint/timthumb.php?src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.naijaonpoint.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F11%2F3230233418-ID-card-holders-will-be-able-to-renew-their-cards-online-at-home-without-the-need-to-visit-a-typing-centre-or-Emirates-Identity-Authoritys-Emirates-ID-registration-centres..jpg&q=90&w=340&h=254&zc=1[/img]

[size=15pt]Lagos sets January for registration of residents [/size]

November 9, 2012

Nigeria’s Lagos State Government has set January 2013 for the commencement of the registration of the estimated 21 million people resident in the state, Mr Akin Akiniyi, the Public Relations Officer, Lagos State Residents Registration Agency (LSRRA),said today. Akiniyi said the agency had commenced a pilot registration exercise with public servants, to test-run the project. He said that the objective of the registration was to provide a database of all residents in the state for better planning and governance. “Over 21 million people are estimated to be living in Lagos and there would be need for government to have their data base in its record. “The registration exercise will be carried out in view of the security situation and the influx of illegal aliens into the state, Akiniyi said. He said that all residents, irrespective of ethnic background, as well as foreigners– including tourists– would be captured in the exercise scheduled to hold between Jan. and March 2013.“Government has the responsibility to cater for everyone residing in Lagos, regardless of the state or country they came from, “ he said. Akiniyi said that resident identity card would be issue to those who would be captured during the exercise, to differentiate between legal residents and illegal immigrants. He said that government would be able to accurately determine the overall resources required in formulating and implementing policies, projects and programmes, after the exercise. Akiniyi advised all residents of the state to participate in the registration exercise to enable them gain access to government services.

Source: http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/11/09/lagos-sets-january-for-registration-of-residents/

governor fashola is such an intelligent man!
this is a welcome development that should have been in place several years ago......he should make sure this resident's ID has biometrics. there should be a reliable statistics concerning the demography of lagos state......

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by NegroNtns(m): 11:48pm On Nov 09, 2012
eGuerrilla: The Fashola administration is clearly a responsible one that understands “Government has the responsibility to cater for everyone residing in Lagos, regardless of the state or country they came from".

I am not so sure the same can be said about some of the triumphalist commentators on this thread.

The triumphalists have given you hints months ago that we need a mechanized tag and track system, a database copy, a carry-on hard copy or both, to distinguish and match resource. This is news to you....the commentators wonder why its just now making the news.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 12:25am On Nov 10, 2012
Whoa!! This is madness!! lipsrsealed undecided

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by safarigirl(f): 12:26am On Nov 10, 2012
Why start something that will die off in good time? Welcome to Nigeria, where such stewpidity doesn't last. What will happen when Fashola leaves power? New Government, new rules, old things will be passed away. How many people will be registered? Na those omo nile and agbero boys na im wan get ID? Or the old, withered grandfathers? Abi the buka women? Fashola should be reasonable, Lagos isn't made up of just Ikoyi, Lekki and V.I areas, so his attempt at 'modernization' will fail like the okada banning will........all in good time
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 12:30am On Nov 10, 2012
---
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 12:36am On Nov 10, 2012
drnoel:
http://news.naij.com/14103.html

Pls someone should tell me what is wrong with this man they call Fashola

I don tire for Lagos ohh. Can they seriously think Lagos can exist without the rest of Nigeria?

It's about time someone reinvested in Tinapia
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 12:38am On Nov 10, 2012
Brilliant idea - however, I don't think the "legal" and "illegal" residents status is necessary...

It seems we're going to start seeing the deportation of Nigerians within Nigeria in the nearest future, and that would be counterproductive against the "unity" of the country. Other states might start implementing similar policies and that would be problematic....

Database - brilliant idea...

Legal and illegal residents - hmmmmm... undecided

2 Likes

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 12:39am On Nov 10, 2012
The codes will read as follows:

100111000*****666
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 12:43am On Nov 10, 2012
shymexx: Brilliant idea - however, I don't think the "legal" and "illegal" residents status is necessary...

It seems we're going to start seeing the deportation of Nigerians within Nigeria in the nearest future, and that would be counterproductive against the "unity" of the country. Other states might start implementing similar policies and that would be problematic....

Database - brilliant idea...

Legal and illegal residents - hmmmmm... undecided

I can bet my last buck that individuals from neighboring SW states will be exempt from this policy.

This is B.S.

This policy is meant to ensure that ACN gets re-elected since the Yorubas are the only ones buying fashola's b.s. even here on NL.

Disenfranchisement in the making.

Florida tried this trick prior to Obama's re-election.

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by salafiyy: 12:48am On Nov 10, 2012
Lets wait and see...all I know is that this people do not care about us.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by jkross(m): 12:48am On Nov 10, 2012
Good step in the right direction..
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by salafiyy: 12:49am On Nov 10, 2012
Lets wait and see...all I know is that these people do not care about us.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 12:53am On Nov 10, 2012
seanet01: Fashola God go bless you. The rate at which a group of human eating and fake tribe is trooping to Lagos is too much. Send them back to their village jor.

I hate yoruba people because of your post.

Yout think Lagos would have existed without oil money?
I see bar beach as a juju shrine which it still is but on a grander scale.

IBB got it right by taking the capital to Abuja.

ACN is out to ensure that the failure of CPC in the north where indigenes and non muslims voted for GEJ is not repeated in Lagos. Tinibu is desperate the lessons of Ondo is having his empire cracking under his feet and out of desperation this policy was proposed by his stooge Fashola.

I am 100% sure that ACN would want to use their data base as voter register so that they will remain in office with ingbati votes.

e no go work. Somebody will sue their a55 to the supreme court and declare their registeration as illegal.

How in God's name are they going to identify a Lagos resident?

Is it through tribe? or tax records or length of residential stay?

2 Likes

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Lusola15: 12:56am On Nov 10, 2012
;DRemember na so e start for ruwanda
Majority and minority

Police: oga wey ur papers
Man: here sir
Police: and ur lagos paper I mean ID
Man: ?
Police: u are underarrest for moving in lagooes without. Proper ID grin
grin

I love my country

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 12:56am On Nov 10, 2012
jkross: Good step in the right direction..

you are an automated reply and as such you would be ignored for your insolence and myopia.

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 1:00am On Nov 10, 2012
Lusola15: ;DRemember na so e start for ruwanda
Majority and minority

thank you. selfishness and greed started the civil war in 66. This time it will back fire. This southsouth governors or at least Ondo should open a sea port so that that jungle heap of a city should die .

This is pure evil. Tribal rubish to distract from their failures. Lagos should vote PDP AND GET THIS THEIVING CLOWNS OUT OF GOVERNMENT HOUSE
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by chucky234(m): 1:00am On Nov 10, 2012
Good idea
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Lusola15: 1:03am On Nov 10, 2012
Hw much will this cost us the tax payer
Hw much will this contract be awarded

At what cost is my question ooo
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 1:04am On Nov 10, 2012
chucky234: Good idea

THATS IT? GOOD IDEA?

There are good cars, good football teams and good ideas.

Good ideas gave you an Ipad, the internet and the means to air your rubbish views through a "good idea" of free speech.

Fashola you will die and Nigeria will continue well after you, you boko f00l!
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by naturalwaves: 1:07am On Nov 10, 2012
BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOLA (SAN) is just so so brilliant! Why is he always miles ahead of others? Governance without proper statistics is rubbish. Good step in the right direction. Keep it up!

2 Likes

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 1:07am On Nov 10, 2012
Negro_Ntns: Its for security and safety and as well to insure that the government is able to respond and aid people in a situation of emergency or rescue.

Why yanmiri people dey fear Lagos ID....una get something to hide? grin

its not for any rubbish security but to challenge a voter register come 2015. Lagos state is out to disenfranchise voters of a particular ethnic stock who have been robbed blind by this thieving ACN. THEY KNOW THEY CAN'T WIN 2015 AND AS SUCH THEY ARE OUT TO ENSURE ONLY THOSE THEY FEEL WILL VOTE FOR THEM VOTE FOR THEM.

FLORIDA TRIED THIS PRANK. I guess this is what Tinibu learnt in his recent visit to the U.S.

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by mejai(m): 1:08am On Nov 10, 2012
It's high time I bought cane for fashola. Too many things at a tym, I will flog u mercilessly. If only GEJ will open tinapa and upgrade onitsha, lagos will crash over nyt. Dey will come begging. Soon it will happen. Yorubas didn't make lagos, lagos was and is still made by 'illegal residents'.

5 Likes

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by NegroNtns(m): 1:09am On Nov 10, 2012
safarigirl: Why start something that will die off in good time? Welcome to Nigeria, where such stewpidity doesn't last. What will happen when Fashola leaves power? New Government, new rules, old things will be passed away. How many people will be registered? Na those omo nile and agbero boys na im wan get ID? Or the old, withered grandfathers? Abi the buka women? Fashola should be reasonable, Lagos isn't made up of just Ikoyi, Lekki and V.I areas, so his attempt at 'modernization' will fail like the okada banning will........all in good time

Im the next governor after Fashola. Many years ago Lagos had a subsidized social programmes for children from infancy to secondary school age. Other than to say it was a very effective programme that achieved its goals I will not gi into details. I do want to say its a model that has been studied and when inverted for application to adults and seniors it will be very successful.
Lagos is top heavy with population density....there are many factors the state could harvest to promote self-emigration out of Lagos,. Just as people took it upon themselves to pack up from village and head to Lagos, no job interview or business assignment, so they will also pack up and depart when these programmes are implemented.

Governor Fashola is shy and very liberal. Dudu is not, ...not only will I send you back to village, if your village is full and can no longer accomodate additional headcount, I will forward you to Gabon for keepsake till village has more room to take you back. Under Dudu Lagos will not take shyyyt! We will bring about resource and economic filtering ...we will bring it in direct contact with population.

2 Likes

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by naturalwaves: 1:10am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

THATS IT? GOOD IDEA?

There are good cars, good football teams and good ideas.

Good ideas gave you an Ipad, the internet and the means to air your rubbish views through a "good idea" of free speech.

Fashola you will die and Nigeria will continue well after you, you boko f00l!

Ideas rule the world and it was the good ideas by some people that lead to the invention of the ipad, internet etc. So, what is your point? undecided
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by coogar: 1:10am On Nov 10, 2012
safarigirl: Why start something that will die off in good time? Welcome to Nigeria, where such stewpidity doesn't last. What will happen when Fashola leaves power? New Government, new rules, old things will be passed away. How many people will be registered? Na those omo nile and agbero boys na im wan get ID? Or the old, withered grandfathers? Abi the buka women? Fashola should be reasonable, Lagos isn't made up of just Ikoyi, Lekki and V.I areas, so his attempt at 'modernization' will fail like the okada banning will........all in good time

if all those omo onile and agberos can register to vote, own bank cards, own mobile phones then getting a resident's ID shouldn't be a problem! i back this idea 100%. if another government comes in, they would continue where fashola stopped!

we all complain nigeria have no central database to identify culprits when criminal activities are committed. a man has stepped up to the plate to start acquiring data and you people are shouting him down - what is wrong with nigerians?

why are you people reluctant to positive changes? is this a tribal issue or a security issue?
damned if the government proffers solutions, damned if they don't!!!

5 Likes

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 1:10am On Nov 10, 2012
mejai: It's high time I bought cane for fashola. Too many things at a tym, I will flog u mercilessly. If only GEJ will open tinapa and upgrade onitsha, lagos will crash over nyt. Dey will come begging. Soon it will happen. Yorubas didn't make lagos, lagos was and is still made by 'illegal residents'.

my latev dad has properties in Lagos, I will sell it off. I havent set foot in that garbage heap in years.

Let this south south governors think for once.they can open sea ports , set up a Petroleum company that will eventually take over NNPC. BUT the id10ts are buying jets.

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 1:11am On Nov 10, 2012
mejai: It's high time I bought cane for fashola. Too many things at a tym, I will flog u mercilessly. If only GEJ will open tinapa and upgrade onitsha, lagos will crash over nyt. Dey will come begging. Soon it will happen. Yorubas didn't make lagos, lagos was and is still made by 'illegal residents'.

my late dad has properties in Lagos, I will sell it off. I haven't set foot in that garbage heap in years.

Let this south south governors think for once.they can open sea ports , set up a Petroleum company that will eventually take over NNPC. BUT the id10ts are buying jets.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 1:13am On Nov 10, 2012
This should be the work of the border Agency in Nigeria, but our Border agency isn't functional.

I personally don't think it's currently necessary because of its huge cost. The cost outweighs the benefits, and there are more pressing issues in Lagos where funds could be diverted to, like road expansion, road construction and our drainage system. Floods in Lagos and bad roads pose more risk than Aliens.

Fashola can instead set up a security Intelligence Agency, that will work with the Police to fight Crime and terrorism in the State. ID Card won't stop a 'would be' bomber from bombing a hot spot in Lagos, good intelligence will.

Fashola can also make it a duty to have street lights in all streets in Lagos!!!.... Street light powered by solar energy or by a Lagos State owned power generating plant. Our streets are too dark for comfort at night....

A cost saving technique instead of ID is if Landlord across the states are made to register their houses, and in the process give details of who they let their houses to. This would give the State Ministry a rough estimates of number of people dwelling in Lagos and enable them make good plans.

3 Likes

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 1:14am On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

if all those omo onile and agberos can register to vote, own bank cards, own mobile phones then getting a resident's ID shouldn't be a problem!

we all complain nigeria have no central database to identify culprits when criminal activities are committed. a man has stepped up to the plate to start acquiring data and you people are shouting him down - what is wrong with nigerians?

why are you people reluctant to positive changes? is this a tribal issue or a security issue?

lie! there is an existing National ID. CARD system in place, A Biometric passport system and a fully integrated driver's liscense system. Even in the states, where a full republic sysytem exists you dont see people carrying New York ID'S.

This has it's eyes towards 2015 election.

[size=50pt]VOTE AGAINST ACN. [/size]
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Horus(m): 1:14am On Nov 10, 2012

[size=17pt]Lagos Begins e-registration[/size]

LAGOS—Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State has said that his administration will soon commence the issuance of electronic identity cards with unique identification numbers to all residents of the state. He said it was aimed at creating a reliable data base of all citizens in the state.

Fashola, who spoke, after signing the bill establishing the Lagos State Residents Registration Agency, in his office, added that the identity cards would also be used by residents to access government services and help the state in planning for its citizens.

Apart from the bill, which makes registration compulsory for all residents in the state, the Governor also signed the Heritage Sites Bill into law. The heritage law seeks to preserve and protect historical sites in the state.

Fashola said: “The Lagos Residents Registration bill that has just been signed into law is dear to our state. It will serve as a critical planning tool for the government and help us respond to citizens’ needs more effectively.

“Also, the law will help us deal with the issue of security as residents will be issued an electronic card with unique identification which they will carry for life.”

The governor said the registration was compulsory for all residents irrespective of their state of origins, adding that the government would strictly enforce compliance as soon as it becomes operational.

He said the pilot registration of civil servants had since commenced in the state and that the government decided to start with its workers to test-run the exercise.

He dismissed insinuations in certain quarters that the registration was meant for taxation purpose, saying that it was strictly to create a data base of all citizens for development purposes.

Source: http://actioncongressnigeria.org/2011/06/28/lagos-begins-e-registration/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Ali Modu Sheriff Remains PDP Chairman, Appeal Court Rules / Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill / Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.