Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,393 members, 7,947,656 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 06:08 AM

"Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola (26770 Views)

Why Do Our Identity Cards Expire? / Synchronizing PVC, Drivers License, National Identity Cards, NHIS, ATM.. Etc / Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 1:43am On Nov 10, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

If you have to ask this question, then you belong on the other side of the niger border. I will tell Awujale to disown you shymexx. cheesy

Bwahahahahahahahaha... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Horus(m): 1:45am On Nov 10, 2012

[size=17pt]Lagos To Commence Registration Of Residents By Jan. 2013[/size]

08/11/2012

Mr Akin Akiniyi, the Public Relations Officer, Lagos State Residents Registration Agency (LSRRA), on Thursday said that the agency would commence the registration of residents from Jan.

Akiniyi told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) at the ongoing 2012 Lagos International trade Fair, that the agency had commenced a pilot registration exercise with public servants, to test-run the project.

He said that the objective of the registration was to provide a database of all residents in the state for better planning and governance.

``Over 21 million people are estimated to be living in Lagos and there would be need for government to have their data base in its record.

``The registration exercise will be carried out in view of the security situation and the influx of illegal aliens into the state, Akiniyi said.

He said that all residents, irrespective of ethnic background, as well as foreigners-- including tourists-- would be captured in the exercise scheduled to hold between Jan. and March 2013.

``Government has the responsibility to cater for everyone residing in Lagos, regardless of the state or country they came from, `` he said.

Akiniyi said that resident identity card would be issue to those who would be captured during the exercise, to differentiate between legal residents and illegal immigrants.

He said that government would be able to accurately determine the overall resources required in formulating and implementing policies, projects and programmes, after the exercise.

Akiniyi advised all residents of the state to participate in the registration exercise to enable them gain access to government services.

Source: http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/39602/2012/11/08/lagos_commence_registration_residents_jan_2013.html
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 1:47am On Nov 10, 2012
shymexx: No one has explained how the legal and illegal status would be determined...

Are the legal residents the indigenes, those born and raised in Lagos, those who have lived in Lagos for a period of time, and house owners in Lagos??

If so, who are the illegal residents??

BTW, the database thingy is long overdue and a brilliant idea... However, I'm confused about the resident status...

How is the data base a good idea? is it to fight crime where the state government has no state police? Given the previous and recent utterances of the Lagos state government officials and their stooges here on NL where they have called for and actually deported people from their own country.

To what purpose will this data base serve? will they (Lagos state officials) mount check points requesting for papers at motor roads and airports for arrivals into Lagos.?

Stop being a f00l for once and use that cranium God gave you.

This is down to politics. Tinibu knows he can't win Lagos come 2015 and all his atrocities will land him in jail.

data base my a55

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 1:47am On Nov 10, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

If you have to ask this question, then you belong on the other side of the niger border. I will tell Awujale to disown you shymexx. cheesy

tribal monkey
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 1:48am On Nov 10, 2012
Mumu government. How can this be implemented without Social security Numbers? this is an avenue to waste billions or Naira on. of what use would it be? are they trying to make Nigerians in other state an Alien if they are in Lagos?

SMH
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by NegroNtns(m): 1:49am On Nov 10, 2012
REALITY101: Lmao @ number of hidden post on first page grin

...i love when the mods start on their housekeeping and collapse the posts....but sometimes they get confused and lost on the definition and meaning of bigotry and tribalism. i have been in nl 4yrs and never once witnessed bigotry or tribalistic remark. i should be a moderator for politics section.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by naturalwaves: 1:50am On Nov 10, 2012
salafiyy: Lets wait and see...all I know is that this people do not care about us.
Go back and read the two reports. Someone is trying to get your data to do a proper planning and you say they don't care about you? How do you want him to care about you? I guess by not knowing you even exist right? Nigerians are used to being Ingrates.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Lusola15: 1:50am On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

what is anyone going to do with your biometrics? can anyone claim your fingerprint or your identikit? it's just going to be your name, date of birth, address, etc.....there would be a computer chip that would recognise you when the card gets swipe!

I agree with u but its still possible for some one to steal ur ID
Yahoo+ grin
Let's just op it works out and we don't regret
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by NegroNtns(m): 1:50am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

tribal monkey

lol... grin. dont worry, the mods are coming after you.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 1:51am On Nov 10, 2012
GEJ Should send JTF to LAGOS ASAP to check this id10ts they are waging a secession movement and by God it will be granted but it should not come cheap. Blood most spill.
remember Biafra? instead of an AWO a chukwumerije will advise Nigeria on how best to check Odua. Starvation from pomo scarcity should do the trick
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 1:52am On Nov 10, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

lol... grin. dont worry, the mods are coming after you.

nah today. my last ban will expire in 2135.

abi nah ingbati connexion.

mutulah
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 1:52am On Nov 10, 2012
@Cunt Destroyer.....

I read some of your comments, and they are ethnically biased. You can't argue with an opinion filled with hatred, that is why I chose not to respond to them.

The Lagos state gov has said that there are aliens in their midst, and they want everyone in the state to have an I.D........ Why can't you come up with an alternative solution, instead of calling people names?

What would you do differently if you were the Governor? That is all I'm asking.

Calling people names is like kids trading insults on the playground. It shows littleness.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 1:53am On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

until there's a database in place in lagos to identify who is who - the crime rate would continue to soar! now let's see if those bumbling oafish armed robbers would be smart enough not to leave clues in the crime scene.....whether rapïsts would still be leaving their fluids in the victims, etc. this exercise should be commended - if jonathan has any common sense at all, this should be a national exercise!

Exactly. If implemented nationally, it would be helpful in many ways-population, security, immigration, taxation, planning and allocation of resources , minimize rigging in elections, etc. The benefits are way too many.

But if other states refuse to implement, the only gain Lagos can claim is limited to getting a reasonable estimate of her population and a perhaps an advantage in reducing crime. Lagos can not prevent other Nigerians from entering the state and that ll make mockery of the whole exercise. It ll be more effective if other states implement it as well.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by coogar: 1:53am On Nov 10, 2012
Lusola15:

I agree with u but its still possible for some one to steal ur ID
Yahoo+ grin
Let's just op it works out and we don't regret

the link below is one example why this biometric exercise should be encouraged...

https://www.nairaland.com/825668/biometrics-exercise-police-brought-wage

Prof Corruption:
Exactly. If implemented nationally, it would be helpful in many ways-population, security, immigration, taxation, planning and allocation of resources , minimize rigging in elections, etc. The benefits are way too many.

But if other states refuse to implement, the only gain Lagos can claim is limited to getting a reasonable estimate of her population and a perhaps an advantage in reducing crime. Lagos can not prevent other Nigerians from entering the state and that ll make mockery of the whole exercise. It ll be more effective if other states implement it as well.

i don't think jonathan is that astute - he's too passive for my liking!
it's a crying shame that we don't have a central database in 2012.....anyone can claim to be anyone - this is why fraud is so easy to commit in that country! jonathan can mandate every state governor to start this exercise -

if the exercise can only capture 40 million nigerians out of the 160 million then its a good start......police and other law enforcement agents can then take it from there. anyone arrested must submit his fingerprints by law(the system would store their biometrics and the name given at the time of their arrest)! within 3 yrs, the number would rise to about 100 million!
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 1:55am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:
How is the data base a good idea? is it to fight crime where the state government has no state police? Given the previous and recent utterances of the Lagos state government officials and their stooges here on NL where they have called for and actually deported people from their own country.

To what purpose will this data base serve? will they (Lagos state officials) mount check points requesting for papers at motor roads and airports for arrivals into Lagos.?

Stop being a f00l for once and use that cranium God gave you.

This is down to politics. Tinibu knows he can't win Lagos come 2015 and all his atrocities will land him in jail.

data base my a55

It's to get the accurate number of people living in the state, so as to provide ascertain the number of people the government would be responsible for... It'll also help the government know what to plan for and how to curb net migration...
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 1:57am On Nov 10, 2012
Cunt_destroyer/ODB/Ghosfacekillah is a mulatto/mixed race troll..... grin
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 1:58am On Nov 10, 2012
shymexx:

It's to get the accurate number of people living in the state, so as to provide ascertain the number of people the government would be responsible for... It'll also help the government know what to plan for and how to curb net migration...

dont reply my post and i wont do the same.

you are obviously retarded or have ADD or something. read my initial posts and you will understand why i hate this sh1t.

The Okada ban was to starve off the abokis who form at least 90% of riders off a living.

This government is pure fascist!
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 1:59am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer: GEJ Should send JTF to LAGOS ASAP to check this id10ts they are waging a secession movement and by God it will be granted but it should not come cheap. Blood most spill.
remember Biafra? instead of an AWO a chukwumerije will advise Nigeria on how best to check Odua. Starvation from pomo scarcity should do the trick
seriously, are you for real?
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by NegroNtns(m): 1:59am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer: GEJ Should send JTF to LAGOS ASAP to check this id10ts they are waging a secession movement and by God it will be granted but it should not come cheap. Blood most spill.

.......which Gej, this one.......? dude got his own problem to deal with, he could care less about Fashola or Lagos.

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 2:01am On Nov 10, 2012
shymexx: Cunt_destroyer/ODB/Ghosfacekillah is a mulatto/mixed race troll..... grin

am proud of my German, Irish, Jewish and yes Romanian (Dracula vampire), mother side : spanish (brazillian), creole, Nigerian heritage.

dealwithit.jpg
you my friend are an inbred ingbati uk. migrant.

how i wish the uk will deport your a55 like fashola is proposing
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 2:01am On Nov 10, 2012
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:
seriously, are you for real?
yep
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Lusola15: 2:04am On Nov 10, 2012
naturalwaves:
, your sim card and info is registered with the operators, your university has same etc so why should this be different? Why didn't you refuse or castigate other forms of database before now. If your fear is generally about database in this modern time, then you are still living in the 17th century.Wake up!!!

I get atlest 5 to 9 scam text messages every month hw do u think dey get pple number. Am sure some as called u tell u won glo dis mtn dt etc. And u shuld pay.
I don agree o I go register
I op we don't regret ooo
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 2:07am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:
am proud of my German, Irish, Jewish and yes Romanian (Dracula vampire), mother side : spanish (brazillian), creole, Nigerian heritage.

dealwithit.jpg
you my friend are an inbred ingbati uk. migrant.

how i wish the uk will deport your a55 like fashola is proposing

Bwahahahahahahah

However, will Nigeria take me? - I bet Naija would re-deport me back to the UK... grin

Two years ago when I went to apply for my first naija passport, those clowns at the dirty old warehouse looking Nigerian High Commission told me I wasn't Nigerian... Do the maths, bruddah!! grin
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by coogar: 2:08am On Nov 10, 2012
Lusola15:

I get atlest 5 to 9 scam text messages every month hw do u think dey get pple number. Am sure some as called u tell u won glo dis mtn dt etc. And u shuld pay.
I don agree o I go register
I op we don't regret ooo

that happens everywhere in the world - spam mails and scam calls are rife even in the developed countries but the pros outweigh the cons. planes can crash means we should be trekking to france from nigeria? do you want to go back to the old nitel lines because you receive scam calls 12 times a day?

shymexx:
Bwahahahahahahah
However, will Nigeria take me? - I bet Naija would re-deport me back to the UK... grin

Two years ago when I went to apply for my first naija passport, those clowns at the dirty old warehouse looking Nigerian High Commission told me I wasn't Nigerian... Do the maths, bruddah!! grin

they were hoping to squeeze money out of you - the nigerian house is the most useless organisation in europe! i am writing an article on that place for publication by christmas! hopefully, jonathan and the exterior minister would see it and sack our ambassador here - how they can continue to ignore the shoddy services rendered in that place is cringeworthy! the customer service is the poorest i have experienced since i was born!
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 2:08am On Nov 10, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

.......which Gej, this one.......? dude got his own problem to deal with, he could care less about Fashola or Lagos.

at least no yorubish in ASO ROCK
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by manny4life(m): 2:10am On Nov 10, 2012
Though this is a good initiative, I just think they're putting the car before the horse. Oh well, good luck to them, a database with 20million + record should not be tampered with. Did I forget to say that it will be super expensive, who will bear the cost? If Fashola's issue is with immigration, use the old trick in the book which he's already doing - TAXES to kill the citizens. I can bet you that the moment Lagos is 10x worse than it is, you will population begin to decline.

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by jeffoski(m): 2:12am On Nov 10, 2012
What I will like to know is that apart from January to March will there be center one can go to register and get the I'd cos some Lagosians might be out of the state during that period,like some who are in school or in other countries for 1 business or the other and won't be around during that duration. And will this Id stuff stand the test of time or just die at d next election?am sure every tom dick and harry will get this card weather they are residing in lagos or not so what are the measures put in place to make sure is only those residing in lagos actually get dis cards? how much is going into this project?
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by NegroNtns(m): 2:13am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

dealwithit.jpg

.....i hope you know your nigerian heritage well. igbos are the most discriminative mthfvkrs on the planet....they have freeborn, slaveborn society. You will be deported from Lagos to Gabon untill village elders can determine if you are osu or not and may your God help you that they dont mistake you for albino.....your a*s will be tossed in the forest.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 2:15am On Nov 10, 2012
manny4life: Though this is a good initiative, I just think they're putting the car before the horse. Oh well, good luck to them, a database with 20million + record should not be tampered with. Did I forget to say that it will be super expensive, who will bear the cost? If Fashola's issue is with immigration, use the old trick in the book which he's already doing - TAXES to kill the citizens. I can bet you that the moment Lagos is 10x worse than it is, you will population begin to decline.

The database thing isn't that expensive - it has no biometrics, just the normal recording of people's information on the system and a central database...
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by NegroNtns(m): 2:15am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

at least no yorubish in ASO ROCK

...lol, been there, done it....dont want it for now!
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 2:15am On Nov 10, 2012
obo_man: @Cunt Destroyer.....

I read some of your comments, and they are ethnically biased. You can't argue with an opinion filled with hatred, that is why I chose not to respond to them.

The Lagos state gov has said that there are aliens in their midst, and they want everyone in the state to have an I.D........ Why can't you come up with an alternative solution, instead of calling people names?

What would you do differently if you were the Governor? That is all I'm asking.

Calling people names is like kids trading insults on the playground. It shows littleness.

WHICH ALIENS? Ghanians have gone back to their country. The Liberians are either in Ghana or back to Liberia. How many forigners do you see in Lagos. Is it the duty of state governments to enforce border controls and deportations? The state of Arizona wanted to do sh1t like this sometime last year but a federal judge and Obama declared that they had no control over U.S. immigration laws.

This is targeted towards other Nigerians. Lagos state has deported Nigerians from Lagos as recent as 3months prior.

so don't tell me that I am full of hate. I am generally disgusted with your partisan stance or your inability to see were wrong is committed.

Lagos is a small state and not as significant as before in the scheme of things in this country anymore.

Get off your high horse and understand that in future Lagos state will forcefully remove people from their homes and place of work and livelihood based onwhatever indices they choose to decide that you belong or are accepted to remain in Lagos.

This is b.s.

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by coogar: 2:17am On Nov 10, 2012
manny4life: Though this is a good initiative, I just think they're putting the car before the horse. Oh well, good luck to them, a database with 20million + record should not be tampered with. Did I forget to say that it will be super expensive, who will bear the cost? If Fashola's issue is with immigration, use the old trick in the book which he's already doing - TAXES to kill the citizens. I can bet you that the moment Lagos is 10x worse than it is, you will population begin to decline.

immigration cannot be tackled - security is the target!
fashola cannot control who comes into lagos - but he can make lagos unbearable for the immigrants in such a way that they would lose the appetite to stay in lagos! fashola should up the ante - make 80% of lagos roads a congestion zone.....build more toll plazas, make the resident's ID card compulsory or introduce incentives to having one.....for instance, people with the IDs get 10% discount on their transport fare or free toll till 2015. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Sule Lamido Leaves Nigeria, Hands Over To SSG Leaving N2billion Debt / Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News / Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.